Home
Posted By: Channing_Tatum Hello! - 08/18/16
Hey guys, my name is Channing and I'm a new member of the 24 hour campfire so allow me to introduce myself, I live in Miami and I really enjoy running at the beach in the morning, doing cross fit, and playing volleyball with my buddies. I joined the 24 hour campfire because I was going to my favorite vape store to use some coupons that I saved up and I noticed that next door that someone was opening up a new gun shop and it really got me thinking, even though I'm 6'3" and can deadlift 550 lbs maybe I should up my game a little when it comes to self defense, when I got home I opened up my macbook pro and researched the concealed carry requirements in florida and theres not a whole lot of restrictions, anyway if i can get my concealed carry license I am all ears for suggestions of what gun to purchase. I did a little research already and i was thinking maybe a desert eagle or a smith and wesson 500 however if anybody has any other suggestions, I could really use them. Thanks.

Channing,
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
This ought to be good............
Posted By: 4ager Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
<sniff>

Yep, smells like horse schit.

Bye.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
For your easy concealed carry comfort, I would recommend a NAA 22 revolver, carried in an inside the anus holster.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Good Lord.
Posted By: Channing_Tatum Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
I appreciate it, I'll look into it.
Posted By: benchman Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
TC Contender in .600 Nitro. I assume you have big hands..
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
one of our regulars having a lil fun

or brand new anti 2nd amendment participant ???

you gotta try harder, or easier, one of those two I'm almost sure of it.

but based upon his location

Dillonbucks response was perfect! lol

nice try kiddo
Posted By: Teal Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
If someone is a vegan crossfitter - which do they tell you about first?
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Well I have to admit, nothing say's "I'm a real mans man" like enjoying running at the beach in the morning, doing cross fit, and playing volleyball with your buddies, AND a .500 hanging off your side.... Ya that's it, up your game.

<g>
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Pull yer head outta my ass.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Election year or Travis.
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
You should track down gecko45. He is the true master of self-defense.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
I think you are on the right track. No reason to start off small and practical. Go with the biggest, baddest hand gun you can find. Carry it with about 10 extra high cap mags. No worries.

crazy
Posted By: Tracks Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Either a regular sock puppet or a 15 year old.
Maybe both.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Try one of these in out for size. They are more compatible with Miami, particularly Coconut Grove.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
I like this guy already.

Travis
Posted By: byc Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
you would....shocker!
Channing,

The DE might be a bit much.

Think S&W Shield or maybe a j-frame Smith.

GFY,
Travis
Posted By: Teal Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Originally Posted by byc
you would....shocker!

I think the OP likes getting the shocker.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Originally Posted by Channing_Tatum
Hey guys, my name is Channing and I'm a new member of the 24 hour campfire so allow me to introduce myself, I live in Miami and I really enjoy running at the beach in the morning, doing cross fit, and playing volleyball with my buddies. I joined the 24 hour campfire because I was going to my favorite vape store to use some coupons that I saved up and I noticed that next door that someone was opening up a new gun shop and it really got me thinking, even though I'm 6'3" and can deadlift 550 lbs maybe I should up my game a little when it comes to self defense, when I got home I opened up my macbook pro and researched the concealed carry requirements in florida and theres not a whole lot of restrictions, anyway if i can get my concealed carry license I am all ears for suggestions of what gun to purchase. I did a little research already and i was thinking maybe a desert eagle or a smith and wesson 500 however if anybody has any other suggestions, I could really use them. Thanks.

Channing,

Get yourself a Keltec 9mm and join the Neighborhood Watch.
Originally Posted by byc
you would....shocker!

The shocker was a game changer.

Dave
Posted By: rong Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
S+W 500 may be to small for you,
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Hello! - 08/18/16

you know her..........she's from Miami......

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Channing_Tatum Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Thank you deflave, I will do some research.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Real men shoot Hi-Points. Hint.
Good thing you're a weight lifter, they're kind of heavy.

Think of it as the Desert Eagle for metrosexuals.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

[Linked Image]

If he does, It's a good thing channing can dead lift 550lbs... just saying...
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Hello! - 08/18/16

he'll really get his rocks off with this one then...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
another stupid, anal, sock puppet. I guarantee he does not live in Miami. Stupid phugger did not write his post in spanish.

[Linked Image]

He's gonna have to up his game with alot bigger gun.....
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Hello! - 08/18/16

[Linked Image]

I had a good day......up until I cast my eyes upon that!!

Quick.....I need my eye bleach!!
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
[Linked Image]

freegin gorgeous this ! ooo lala
Posted By: mog75 Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
I'd go with a Glock, any Glock as long as it's a 223AI. Mount a 6x MQ fixed fuhquer on it and you'll have everything covered. Google it.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Originally Posted by mog75
I'd go with a Glock, any Glock as long as it's a 223AI. Mount a 6x MQ fixed fuhquer on it and you'll have everything covered. Google it.

Yep,

But you forgot to advise him to run good boolits only. I'd recommend a hard cast Keith, about 65 gr or so in that AI. Nickel plated brass too.

And he better get a 7 twist tube for it.

Geno
Posted By: byc Re: Hello! - 08/18/16

[Linked Image]

Good Lord...all trussed up and nowhere to go! eek

I figure that's about a 30 hour cook.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
deflave so bored he has conversations with himself on a thursday night
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Hello! - 08/18/16

[Linked Image]

I find it moderately disturbing that you know where to find something like this. Just exactly what the Hell do you Google?

On second thought, don't tell me.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
demo troll
Posted By: 700LH Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Buy the 500, when you first shoot it use just one hand, bend your elbow so you can look down the sights real well, and with the gun about 8 or 10 inches from your nose, shoot it.
Posted By: mog75 Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by mog75

Yep,

But you forgot to advise him to run good boolits only. I'd recommend a hard cast Keith, about 65 gr or so in that AI. Nickel plated brass too.

And he better get a 7 twist tube for it.

Geno

RickBin had any luck convincing mcmillan on the custom stocks for Glocks yet? My market research here on the 'fire shows they're really missing out on a large market on this one.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Hello! - 08/18/16
Posted By: Channing_Tatum Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Hey again guys, I'm just writing today to say hello. Today I did 20reps of 380 lbs on bench press and broke my new squat record of 550 lbs! before that I had an extra long run on the beach today to try and really push myself so I'm pretty wiped. After reading a lot of posts from people replying to my post I came to the realization that a desert eagle might be a little much and I think I'm going to go with a Smith and Wesson shield or maybe a smaller end Glock. I'm also writing this post to tell you guys that (obviously) Channing Tatum is not my real name, he is just my favorite actor/ celebrity and I have an autographed poster of him in my room. My real name is Brad and I do live in florida but not Miami. Everything else you read in my previous post is no BS,. I am still open to any suggestions of the perfect gun for deep concealment and please be serious. Anyway, gotta run, me and my bros are having a beach-out around 5:00 tonight and I'm in charge of getting the beer. (don't know if that'll happen cuz I'm so sore from my killer workout this morning) I'll make another post tomorrow and give you guys an update.

Peace out!

Channing/Brad.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Travis must be mentally ill.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
OK Travis,

Please hold the update.
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
This guys real name is Dingle Berry!!
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
This guys real name is Dingle Berry!!
If it quacks like a [bleep] and walks like a [bleep]...........
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Hello! - 08/19/16

Channing,

Dear Sir, I believe you have erroneously landed yourself upon the wrong locale in these fora...might I suggest that the "backpacking forum" is what you are looking for as it caters to those of your persuasion and proclivity.

The gentlemen of that forum would be very interested in discussing your vegan diet, weight regime, and magnificent opinion of your attributes.

Please dismiss the prior posters as they are crass and of low cunning, particularly that 'flave fellow because he will beguile you with platitudes and make fun of you behind your back.

Might I also suggest you befriend Northwestalaska, Robjordan, and a thoroughly charming fellow named Paddler and his partner Miss Stevil.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Hey again guys, I'm just writing today to say hello. Today I did 20reps of 380 lbs on bench press and broke my new squat record of 550 lbs! before that I had an extra long run on the beach today to try and really push myself so I'm pretty wiped. After reading a lot of posts from people replying to my post I came to the realization that a desert eagle might be a little much and I think I'm going to go with a Smith and Wesson shield or maybe a smaller end Glock. I'm also writing this post to tell you guys that (obviously) Channing Tatum is not my real name, he is just my favorite actor/ celebrity and I have an autographed poster of him in my room. My real name is Brad and I do live in florida but not Miami. Everything else you read in my previous post is no BS,. I am still open to any suggestions of the perfect gun for deep concealment and please be serious. Anyway, gotta run, me and my bros are having a beach-out around 5:00 tonight and I'm in charge of getting the beer. (don't know if that'll happen cuz I'm so sore from my killer workout this morning) I'll make another post tomorrow and give you guys an update.

Peace out!

Channing/Brad.

That is soooo gay.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Hello! - 08/19/16

[Linked Image]

Dude, you're just a dick. I went blind in my left eye......... and the right one is awful blurry............
Posted By: Bald1 Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Tatum wasn't kidding when he cites his location as "uranus." Gesh -:(
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Dear Tatum. Welcome to the 'Fire. You would be most interested in making the aquaintance of Maser. Maser hasn't been on here recently. It seems his XXXL diaper experienced a wardrobe malfunction. Also, if you really want to make friends and influence folks around here, buy a bunch of .270's and post your favorite interior decorator tips and quiche recipes here for all to savor. (Except me, of course)
Posted By: Tracks Re: Hello! - 08/19/16

Peace out!

Channing/Brad.

Can you keep this running until April 1st?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Hello! - 08/19/16

this is probably Mr Channing in Miami........ cry

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

[Linked Image]

Dude, you're just a dick. I went blind in my left eye......... and the right one is awful blurry............

I'm sooo sorry.......this one should make up fur it..... grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Hello! - 08/19/16

this is probably Mr Channing in Miami........ cry

[Linked Image]

Probably...the one on the right.
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Me thinks the dong is strong with this one.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
She must be a recent favorite?

Not sure she's appropriate up here,

the other fellas might have their minds taken off the important topics, like Channing and politics. laugh

Geno
Good point Geno,hope this is more appropriate for this here thread.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
I say boy, what you need is sumtin in a 6point8, PM Ingwe for details.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Hello! - 08/19/16

[Linked Image]

I'm sooo sorry.......this one should make up fur it..... grin

[Linked Image]

No....... but it's a start. Keep going.
Posted By: mog75 Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Originally Posted by Valsdad
She must be a recent favorite?

Not sure she's appropriate up here,

the other fellas might have their minds taken off the important topics, like Channing and politics. laugh

Geno

Nothing wrong with an occasional distraction as long as it isn't wages' mom.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Originally Posted by byc

[Linked Image]

Good Lord...all trussed up and nowhere to go! eek

I figure that's about a 30 hour cook.

Don't forget 10 gallons of BBQ sauce for basting. wink

L.W.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gus Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
velcome to the fire! if i was in miami i'd be putting my priorities in order as a manner of survival.

i guess first on the list would be hurricanes. they don't come often, but when they do, it can be pretty intense.

so, plywood for the windows and doors.

a medicine appropriate for the looters. oh, there'll be looters, rest assured.

food & water is right up there in importance w/shotgun shells.

don't attempt to join the masses in an attempt for all to escape at once. do it in an orderly fashion. that'll pay great dividends.

that's about all i've got. oh, get some DEET. you know the flying insects & all.

best regards in your efforts to better adapt to the world in which you find yourself.

Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Hmmmmmm.....

Elkie's dog and Tikkanuts's girl are similarly dressed.

Does that make her a Mountie?.....
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Hmmmmmm.....

Elkie's dog and Tikkanuts's girl are similarly dressed.

Does that make her a Mountie?.....
whistle
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Can a homo newbie forum be far behind?

If you had a horse & scabbard...I'd suggest stuffing a Marlin 44

mag in it....10 quick rds of 240 gr lead...get ya out of Miami when

the storms blow in...won't have to wait in line for gas....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chaser Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
hello deflave...
Posted By: GanjaFarmer Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
What's up my ni gga!!
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Can a homo newbie forum be far behind?

It could be named Deflave since he'll attention whore there too.

Friday tunes.........

Posted By: FyrepowrX Re: Hello! - 08/19/16
Hey guys, my name is Channing and I'm a new member of the 24 hour campfire so allow me to introduce myself.....

inquiring minds wanna know....didja gnaw your way through that leash to get free? grin

raise ya one ............

Posted By: Channing_Tatum Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
Hey again guys, last night at the beach-out me and my four buddies split a case of PBR and things got pretty out of control long story short I'm hungover AF and I could barley get up to run this morning and to make things worse I left my earbuds at the beach last night and I have to have my earbuds when I run, so I ran to the nearest gas station and got a pair, not the best sound quality compared to my $300 beatsXF3's but I guess it'll have to do. Overall, I've had better runs but I might get some redemption when I hit the gym later today. Thanks for all the girl pics, not like you really need them when your a guy like me but you guys are older so thats cool. Also I don't mind humor but when it comes to my question about the ideal gun for deep concealment I really do need answers, I may even drive down to the gun shop and even browse a little bit. anyways, gotta get to work, I'll write again tomorrow.

Brad,
Posted By: deflave Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
I have one question for you, Taintum.

Trump or Hillary?

Dave
I will be voting for Trump.
Posted By: deflave Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
In that case, welcome to the 'fire you d-bag.

And GFY.

Dave
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
Posted By: mog75 Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
Whatever happened to winnebago man and long duck dong?
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
I'd be more interested in mosquito repellent than a conceal carry gun in Florida right now.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
The only way to repel some of the mosquitoes there is with a 9mm............
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
I will be voting for Trump.
You seem cool to me. If you're really the fat guy with the skinny ho on the beach, you're even cooler.

Deep concealment implies micro-guns which are not the best choice for self defense. Stuff like NAA .22's and the like. The Shield is a fine choice though not deep concealment. I have essentially the same thing in a wide-body gun, the M&P Compact 9. I'd recommend looking at the two side by side and seeing if you want to give up a smidgen of concealment for a bigger round-count.

Welcome to the fire.
If you want more concealment than either the Shield or the Compact, look at the SIG P938 in a 9 or a P238 in 380.
Posted By: byc Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
Dude!
Thank you EthanEdwards, this was very helpful.
Posted By: mog75 Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
He's messing with you. Go down to the gun shop and ask to see Glock in a fast twist 223 Ackley improved. Make sure it's machined to accept a pair of see through Talley rings.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
How bout .38 +PeePee?
Or a 6.8 spc. Have it on good authority that a 6.8 is skookum.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
Get yourself a flashy Desert Eagle and some of those bullets that spark when they hit something.(the movie kind).
Load it hot so it will pierce body armor.
Carry it in a shoulder rig.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Hello! - 08/20/16

Channing,

get a .270 you phag...........................
Posted By: Scott F Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
The only way to repel some of the mosquitoes there is with a 9mm............

You have a lot more faith in a 9mm than I do. For Florida mosquitoes I would be thinking a belt fed 1911.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Hello! - 08/20/16
Replies to Dingle Berry have provided some good laughs!!

Maybe he'll come on next as Tom Cruise!!
Thank you EthanEdwards, this was very helpful.
You're welcome. There are other guns that will work but those are ones I have personal experience with.

Don't get a Taurus or Kel Tec in these types of guns.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Hello! - 08/20/16

Channing ?? is that you on the right or left ?

Or the middle ??

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GanjaFarmer Re: Hello! - 08/20/16

Channing ?? is that you on the right or left ?

Or the middle ??

[Linked Image]

Tatum is on the right. That's me on the left. Fat bottom girls you make the rockin' world go 'round!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Hello! - 08/21/16

Earth to Channing.........
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Hello! - 08/21/16
After readin some more of your posts, I think you coud handle the Desert Eagle. In the same anus holster.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Hello! - 08/21/16
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
After readin some more of your posts, I think you coud handle the Desert Eagle. In the same anus holster.

I suggested a shoulder rig, your suggestion is far superior.
Posted By: Channing_Tatum Re: Hello! - 08/21/16
Hey guys, After yesterdays post about my $300 beats earbuds I got a PM asking me what I do and It got me thinking that some of my other Fans might be wondering, so I'm here to tell you guys that I work at starbucks. You may be thinking wow, you're pretty lucky, starbucks is such an easy job. Obviously you've never worked there before. First off socially it is a challenge, I find it hard to relate to a bunch of 5'8" phags whose torso is smaller than my bicep. Second, The chicks there are always hitting on me, It's almost like they come there just for me cause every morning the same chicks always come there and literally try to crawl all over me, It can be pretty challenging at times. Also it sometimes interferes with all the other stuff that I need, like the other day I had a workout planned with the boys and I was really pumped, but then my boss kevin said "hey brad we're a little short staffed, I'm gonna need you here working overtime" I tried to explain my situation to him but if you took one look at this low-life, you know he couldn't relate to anything regarding fitness, anyway thats where I work, I know a lot of you have probably been wondering. If you have any other questions then just PM me and I have still not decided on my gun yet so again, any suggestions are helpful, thanks.

Brad,
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Hello! - 08/21/16
A breath of fresh air.
Posted By: SawDoctor Re: Hello! - 08/21/16
Lol,you definitely have an off kilt sense of humour Brad.Welcome to the campfire.đź‘Ť
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Hello! - 08/21/16

we were so worried.........

thought you might have cancelled your 24HR membership...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chaser Re: Hello! - 08/21/16
brad sucks butt…whoops i mean travis
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Hello! - 08/21/16
If that's a 'cherry' on top of that cantaloupe I'd bet that's the only one in this scene!!
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Hello! - 08/22/16
Quit lookin' at her rack, Sharpsman, that's a grapefruit!
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Hello! - 08/22/16
Doesn't look like the poor thing has much of a rack to look at..........
Posted By: kingston Re: Hello! - 02/20/17
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
For your easy concealed carry comfort, I would recommend a NAA 22 revolver, carried in an inside the anus holster.

Maybe my new sig line.

Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Hello! - 02/20/17
And if you can't pronounce "Glock" listen to your cat hacking up a hairball.
Posted By: LBP Re: Hello! - 02/20/17

[Linked Image]

I'd fugh the bottom out of her, she's about perfect.
Posted By: KC Re: Hello! - 02/20/17

[Linked Image]

I've seen worse

Posted By: KC Re: Hello! - 02/20/17

[Linked Image]

That's worse.

Posted By: mohick Re: Hello! - 02/21/17
What ever you buy, file the sights off, and keep it oiled good, cause you go wearing it and waving it around some ol boy is gonna shove it up your ass !!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: hanco Re: Hello! - 02/21/17
Big beautiful baby
Posted By: achadwick Re: Hello! - 02/21/17
Gents,

Thanks for the laughs this morning. I really needed them!
Posted By: Muffin Re: Hello! - 02/21/17
SOOOooooo if Men are from Mars....

and... Women are from Venus....

Channing_Tatum

Loc: uranus

What does that make Channing??
Posted By: mohick Re: Hello! - 02/21/17
A trolling CO$%SUCKER!!!
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Hello! - 02/21/17
ahhh...it's not April 1st, yet.

but feel free to marry DeFlave if ya want...
© 24hourcampfire