Home
Posted By: Ringman suppressor shooters? - 08/19/16
Question for you suppressor shooters. I ordered a .300 Blackout today. What suppressor should I get?
If I was looking for a suppressor today, I'd seriously look at this one. If it only keeps the back pressure down it'd be worth it. The couple of times that I've shot suppressed ARs the blow back was really annoying.

http://osssuppressors.com/suppressors/
Posted By: deflave Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/19/16
Originally Posted by Ringman
Question for you suppressor shooters. I ordered a .300 Blackout today. What suppressor should I get?

I'm hesitant to assist the stupid, but I'll make an exception in your case.

Is it an AR, or a bolt gun?

Dave
Posted By: hanco Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/19/16
A Yankee hill, with sub sonic rounds, it be as quiet as a BB gun. My 308 is that quiet. Sub sonic 308's with a 170 grain 30-30 bullet at 1100 fps. I think 11 grains Trail Boss powder, magnum primer. About like a 40 S&W round. I use it on coyotes, stray dogs, etc. Neighbors have no clue.
Posted By: mrfudd Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/19/16
The AAC SDN6 was designed for the 300 BO. It works great on both AR and the Rem 7 and 700 AAC bolt actions, but requires a large mount. The SilencerCo Harvester direct thread would be better on a bolt gun
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/19/16
Trail Boss powder is designed for lead bullets. It does not work so well with jacketed bullets, to say the least. With lead bullets at sub sonic speeds - suppressed - it can indeed be very quiet. Just don't expect long range big game performance.

Mike

(Sorry, that wasn't a suppressor brand recommendation, was it?)
Posted By: Ringman Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/19/16
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
Trail Boss powder is designed for lead bullets. It does not work so well with jacketed bullets, to say the least. With lead bullets at sub sonic speeds - suppressed - it can indeed be very quiet. Just don't expect long range big game performance.

Mike

(Sorry, that wasn't a suppressor brand recommendation, was it?)

No, but that's okay. Maybe I hadn't thought that far ahead. But this time I did and am expecting 150 yard sub-sonic performance on coyotes.

With that stated, what bullet would you guys recommend?
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

I'm hesitant to respond to someone so impolite, but I will make an exception in your case. It doesn't make any difference whether it is an AR or a bolt gun. The powder and bullets don't know any difference.
Enjoy, dumb fugk.

Dave
Trail Boss powder is designed for lead bullets. It does not work so well with jacketed bullets, to say the least.

Well, that's odd.

Dave
Posted By: rost495 Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/19/16
Best of luck. You have issues with regular rounds. Learning to load quiet and accurate sub rounds with good enough bullets, ain't gonna be fun for you.
Originally Posted by rost495
Best of luck.

Thank you.

You have issues with regular rounds. Learning to load quiet and accurate sub rounds with good enough bullets, ain't gonna be fun for you.

Regular rounds? Everything I have is a wildcat. This will be a regular round. When the Weatherby was a .257SLR it was a 1/2-3/4MOA rifle for three three shot groups fired at the same target. When I rebarreled it to the 6.5mm I could never get it to shoot well. The other 6.5 had a crooked barrel. It was disassembled and the parts sold; except for the stock which is still for sale.

If this .300 Blackout does like rifles prior to my 6.5mm experiences it will be no difficulty at all.
Posted By: 375fan Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/19/16

Do you want direct thread or quick release?
What's your budget?
I use a Saker with quick release on an AR.
Have direct thread Thunderbeasts on multiple bolt/caliber guns, really like them.
If you are planning on using sub sonic ammo, pretty much any quality can will make your shots almost silent.
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/19/16
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
If I was looking for a suppressor today, I'd seriously look at this one. If it only keeps the back pressure down it'd be worth it. The couple of times that I've shot suppressed ARs the blow back was really annoying.

http://osssuppressors.com/suppressors/

An adjustable gas block is the simple solution.
Posted By: mog75 Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/19/16
Trail Boss powder is designed for lead bullets. It does not work so well with jacketed bullets

Since when?
I feel like I've learned stuff about powders and bullets that I would have never thought of. Will have to keep that in mind with the TrailBoss. Are there any that work in opposing fashion?

I usually shoot jacketed bullets, will my powders that shoot so well fail me when/if I shoot lead!!! Do you guys have any good subsonic loads for a 6.5 RSAUM that can still do some damage at reasonable distances like 850yds?
Posted By: mog75 Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
Lead bullets in your 6.5 saum or any modern centerfire rifle are a whole lot different than what you've learned. I would suggest you get the lyman cast bullet reloading manual and read it cover to cover.
Your old powders will most likely not be used. I'm not a long range guy, but subsonic loads (either cast or jacketed) are definitely going to have drastically different performance both on the way to the target, and in the target. Especially at the ranges you would like to shoot.
There's also a bullet casting section here down in the reloading section. Be careful not to scroll down too far. There's a bunch of guys down in the basement having a conversation like they're sitting around a real campfire.
Posted By: okie Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16

Dave

I'm hesitant to respond to someone so impolite, but I will make an exception in your case. It doesn't make any difference whether it is an AR or a bolt gun. The powder and bullets don't know any difference.

If an AR your gas system will know the difference.

In either case the construction of the "can" does not need to be as robust for pistol or low pressure rounds as opposed to super sonic or more importantly rifle pressures. If you plan on ever using your new device at rifle pressures buy accordingly. You might want to pull it off the Blkout and use it on another 30 caliber of your choice. lotsa options to consider...
Posted By: Ringman Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
Originally Posted by 375fan

Do you want direct thread or quick release?
What's your budget?
I use a Saker with quick release on an AR.
Have direct thread Thunderbeasts on multiple bolt/caliber guns, really like them.
If you are planning on using sub sonic ammo, pretty much any quality can will make your shots almost silent.

I think I want threaded.

Budget can handle what I want.

I plan on sub-sonic in this Ruger American.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
These threads are always amusing and enlightening. laugh
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
Everyone I know who's bought a 5" or 7" can, because they thought they'd only want to run it on a Blackout... has purchased another full size .30 can. Once you start rolling suppressed.... it's the only way you want to shoot anymore.

Buying anything but a full size .30 suppressor, when you've got other bigger rifles.... is like buying an F-150 when you've got a 5th-wheel, a big boat, some quads, and a sled trailer in the shed. Go the whole nine... you won't be sorry.

I run a SAS Arbiter... as do about a dozen pards. A couple others are running the SilencerCo Harvester. My brother shot a bedded cow elk at 350 yards the other day with a .260 through the Harvester. There was another cow bedded less than 40 yards from the one he shot... and she never even stood up when her partner dropped dead. Cans are the goods... you'll want one that'll work for every club in your bag.... not just your pitching wedge....

For the record.... I fully expect you to ask this same question about 19 more times in various sections of this website... but I'm only gonna answer you once... so tag this post.
Posted By: goalie Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16

Dave

Um, I have a Ruger American Ranch 300BO and, yes, it is different shooting the exact same handloads when compared to my 10.5" 300BO upper.

I added weep holes to the blast chamber and first two baffles and the blowback was a LOT better.

I don't get blowback on my bolt gun.

YMMV
Posted By: rost495 Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
Originally Posted by rost495
Best of luck.

Thank you.

You have issues with regular rounds. Learning to load quiet and accurate sub rounds with good enough bullets, ain't gonna be fun for you.

Regular rounds? Everything I have is a wildcat. This will be a regular round. When the Weatherby was a .257SLR it was a 1/2-3/4MOA rifle for three three shot groups fired at the same target. When I rebarreled it to the 6.5mm I could never get it to shoot well. The other 6.5 had a crooked barrel. It was disassembled and the parts sold; except for the stock which is still for sale.

If this .300 Blackout does like rifles prior to my 6.5mm experiences it will be no difficulty at all.

Never mind, I'm done. You won't have to listen to my replies any more. We ahve to start at the ground level and I'm to old to have to go back and start at the ground level.
To clarify, I make my own. You only really need one tool....

[Linked Image]

to make this:

[Linked Image]

For 300 bucks including stamp.

Posted By: joshf303 Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
Enjoy, dumb fugk.

Dave

INSTANT classic!

Guess I need to quit using Trail Boss too.......
Posted By: Mikewriter Trail boss with lead? - 08/20/16
Trail Boss was developed for Cowboy Action Shooting, using "soft" lead bullets. When I first started loading sub sonic for my suppressed .44, Trail boss was recommended to me. I found I really could not get enough of it in a .44 case to propel a jacketed 300 gr bullet. Worked great with lead semi-wadcutters of 240 grs. With those at about 850 - 900 fps, it really is quieter than my pellet gun, although probably not a lot more lethal. After confirming Trail Boss was meant for lead only, I used Universal, then Tight Group for my sub sonic loads, and both work well with either hard cast of jacketed bullets.

Mike
Posted By: deflave Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
Originally Posted by goalie

[Linked Image]

to make this:

[Linked Image]

Please don't give RingRetard any ideas.

It can only end with yet another concussion story.

Clark
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16

[Linked Image]

to make this:

[Linked Image]

Can you provide drawings for that can so I can make a can? I have a lathe and milling machine. Always looking for new projects. Thank you.
Nice work regardless.

Dave
Posted By: deflave Re: Trail boss with lead? - 08/20/16
Trail Boss was developed for Cowboy Action Shooting, using "soft" lead bullets. When I first started loading sub sonic for my suppressed .44, Trail boss was recommended to me. I found I really could not get enough of it in a .44 case to propel a jacketed 300 gr bullet. Worked great with lead semi-wadcutters of 240 grs. With those at about 850 - 900 fps, it really is quieter than my pellet gun, although probably not a lot more lethal. After confirming Trail Boss was meant for lead only, I used Universal, then Tight Group for my sub sonic loads, and both work well with either hard cast of jacketed bullets.

Mike

Heavy'ish .308 caliber bullets and Trail Boss are pretty much the universal recipe for subsonic loads in the .308 Winchester.

I've run mine to 300 and they stay minute of beer can.

Travis
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: Trail boss with lead? - 08/20/16
Jacketed or cast?

I shoot 335 gr hard cast in my .44, sub sonic, and after about 75 yards they drop like a rock. This is with Universal.

Mike
Posted By: deflave Re: Trail boss with lead? - 08/20/16
Jacketed.

Dave
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

[Linked Image]

to make this:

[Linked Image]

Can you provide drawings for that can so I can make a can? I have a lathe and milling machine. Always looking for new projects. Thank you.

I would refer you to the form-1 suppressor forum and silencer talk forums.

I make no claims at being an expert, I just followed stuff others there did, and have not blown myself or anyone else up yet.

There is a really good thread about baffle stack configuration and spacing.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
Yup, doesn't take too much googling to find suppressor designs and pros and cans of baffle designs or monocores.

Haven't gotten a stamp yet, but have done the research for future projects.
Can you sell them afterward or is it strictly held onto for yourself?

Travis

Travis

No you cannot sell them. That requires licensing and fees to do. And it isn't like selling a "few" guns without being a dealer.

Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16

Thank you.

Travis

No you cannot sell them. That requires licensing and fees to do. And it isn't like selling a "few" guns without being a dealer.

Roger dodger.

Travis
They can go to my estate and pass on just like ant other NFA item.

Building and selling without the license is a big no-no though.
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Everyone I know who's bought a 5" or 7" can, because they thought they'd only want to run it on a Blackout... has purchased another full size .30 can. Once you start rolling suppressed.... it's the only way you want to shoot anymore.

Buying anything but a full size .30 suppressor, when you've got other bigger rifles.... is like buying an F-150 when you've got a 5th-wheel, a big boat, some quads, and a sled trailer in the shed. Go the whole nine... you won't be sorry.

I run a SAS Arbiter... as do about a dozen pards. A couple others are running the SilencerCo Harvester. My brother shot a bedded cow elk at 350 yards the other day with a .260 through the Harvester. There was another cow bedded less than 40 yards from the one he shot... and she never even stood up when her partner dropped dead. Cans are the goods... you'll want one that'll work for every club in your bag.... not just your pitching wedge....

For the record.... I fully expect you to ask this same question about 19 more times in various sections of this website... but I'm only gonna answer you once... so tag this post.

I don't have any other .308 firing rifles and don't plan on getting any. I am putting this together for coyotes and don't plan on using something this heavy for other hunting so there's no need for me to "tag this post."
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16

I don't have any other .308 firing rifles and don't plan on getting any. I am putting this together for coyotes and don't plan on using something this heavy for other hunting so there's no need for me to "tag this post."

.30 caliber cans aren't just for .30 caliber rifles you retard ... they work very well with everything .30 and under. Hell, I've shot rimfires through mine.

You're seriously the most ignorant, dim whitted guy on this board. Ask the same question in different places, 25 different times.... get the same answers... and still manage to phuc it all up.

You gonna shoot some "ladders" with your .300 blackout "coyote rifle"? Have you ever actually shot a coyote?

You'd be better off sticking the end of the barrel in your mouth... than sticking it in a suppressor.
Posted By: Scott F Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
The Campfire was a place where someone could ask a question and get answers without getting called names. I already know a 30 caliber can will work for everything 30 call and under but not everybody knows that.

I miss the old Campfire.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
You can form 1 a suppressor build, it will be tattooed with makers mark and serial number. You can sell it on form 4 (or 3) but like firearms you make, you can't be in the "business" of making and selling them.

.30 caliber cans aren't just for .30 caliber rifles you retard ... they work very well with everything .30 and under. Hell, I've shot rimfires through mine.

You're seriously the most ignorant, dim whitted guy on this board. Ask the same question in different places, 25 different times.... get the same answers... and still manage to phuc it all up.

You gonna shoot some "ladders" with your .300 blackout "coyote rifle"? Have you ever actually shot a coyote?

You'd be better off sticking the end of the barrel in your mouth... than sticking it in a suppressor.

I was under the impression you were talking about only .30 caliber. Whether I've even seen a coyote is irrelevant to this thread. Being ignorant is a good starting place. If I felt like I knew it all I wouldn't have enough sense to ask questions. And yes I will fire a ladder test for my entertainment and education. Do you have any suggestions on powder and bullets?

I was under the impression you were talking about only .30 caliber. Whether I've even seen a coyote is irrelevant to this thread. Being ignorant is a good starting place. If I felt like I knew it all I wouldn't have enough sense to ask questions. And yes I will fire a ladder test for my entertainment and education. Do you have any suggestions on powder and bullets?

Serious question RingMan.... For my entertainment and education purposes....

Why would you run a ladder test for 150 yard subsonic loads?
From the hodgdon website. From your questions I'm guessing you don't own a reloading manual.

The first is titled “H4895 Reduced RifleLoads.” H4895 has proven to be a versatile powder that performs superbly at lower powder charges. Loads in this listing are reduced from full power but still offer mid-range performance.If the goal is minimum recoil, the answer is Hodgdon Trail Boss powder. The second tab under the website DATA menu is titled “Trail Boss ReducedLoads.” Trail Boss can be applied to any cartridge you may want to reload. Trail Boss reloads are very mild and easy to shoot. Designed for Cowboy Action Shooting, Trail Boss has proven to be a great way to get more practice with your big bore hunting rifle.

Posted By: AcesNeights Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
Ringman, You have class. Good luck on your build.
Originally Posted by joshf303

Serious question RingMan.... For my entertainment and education purposes....

Why would you run a ladder test for 150 yard subsonic loads?

See above. I thoroughly enjoy shooting.
Originally Posted by mog75
From the hodgdon website. From your questions I'm guessing you don't own a reloading manual.

I have at least twenty loading manuals from the very early days clear up to one I purchased a year or so ago.

The first is titled “H4895 Reduced RifleLoads.” H4895 has proven to be a versatile powder that performs superbly at lower powder charges. Loads in this listing are reduced from full power but still offer mid-range performance.If the goal is minimum recoil, the answer is Hodgdon Trail Boss powder. The second tab under the website DATA menu is titled “Trail Boss ReducedLoads.” Trail Boss can be applied to any cartridge you may want to reload. Trail Boss reloads are very mild and easy to shoot. Designed for Cowboy Action Shooting, Trail Boss has proven to be a great way to get more practice with your big bore hunting rifle.

I'm not interested in reduced loads. Since the case is so small and the rifle is going to be at least eight pounds it can't generate much recoil even with full throttle loads. If reduced loads give the best accuracy and still get 1,050 to 1,075 feet per second they're in. Getting more practice with my big bore hunting rifle sounds really good. I figure anyone, at my level, can never get too much practice.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
I'm not interested in reduced loads.

It's snarky, and IGNORANT replies like this that put people off of you, Mister.

Folks give you good advice, and you argue from ignorance.

I'm with Jeff,...why even BOTHER trying to help someone who behaves like that.

GTC

I have at least twenty loading manuals from the very early days clear up to one I purchased a year or so ago.

I'm not interested in reduced loads. Since the case is so small and the rifle is going to be at least eight pounds it can't generate much recoil even with full throttle loads. If reduced loads give the best accuracy and still get 1,050 to 1,075 feet per second they're in. Getting more practice with my big bore hunting rifle sounds really good. I figure anyone, at my level, can never get too much practice.

EPIC....

Good luck on shooting the ladders. Please keep us updated!
joshf303,

Thanks. Part of my fun is occasionally posting results here.
joshf303,

Thanks. Part of my fun is occasionally posting results here.

If you want a gold medal, please test bouncy balls as the fodder for your slingshot and use a mirror as your target.

ROLL FILM!

Dave
Posted By: las Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/20/16
Putzes! Real men embrace bruised shoulders and hearing loss.

Which I've so far mostly avoided. smile
I'll have to do some more reading. I'm not really sure how to reduce velocity (load subsonic ammunition) while keeping the recoil level the same as full house loads. Is it ok if these subsonic loads are reduced velocity, or would you like them to be the same velocity as your standard loads as well? What was I thinking?
Posted By: hanco Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/21/16
Sub sonic loads are fun to shoot. Wifey loves to shoot water bottles with them.
Posted By: goalie Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/21/16
Just to make it easier for those who asked.

Form 1 Suppressor Forum

Silencer Talk

SD Tactical's Forum
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/21/16
Originally Posted by las
Putzes! Real men embrace bruised shoulders and hearing loss.

Which I've so far mostly avoided. smile

What was that again????????
Posted By: Ringman Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/21/16
I'll have to do some more reading. I'm not really sure how to reduce velocity (load subsonic ammunition) while keeping the recoil level the same as full house loads.

All you have to do is get a cartridge with a very small powder capacity. Then full throttle loads don't generate much recoil in an eight pound rifle.

Is it ok if these subsonic loads are reduced velocity, or would you like them to be the same velocity as your standard loads as well? What was I thinking?

I want full throttle loads to run between 1,050 and 1,075 feet per second or so. From what I understand this velocity is about standard with a .300 Blackout. If they are called "reduced" by someone, I don't mind. In today's culture right is called wrong and wrong is called right.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/21/16
What glass are you throwing on top with this one? 3X High rings?
Posted By: Ringman Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/21/16
Originally Posted by hillestadj
What glass are you throwing on top with this one?

I haven't decided, but I think I will get a Bushnell 4500 4-16X.

3X High rings?

The way I determine ring height is lightly install a scope and bring the rifle up to my shoulder with my eyes closed. Once in place I open my eyes to see what I see. If I'm looking right through the middle of the scope I cinch it down. If I am looking at the scope off center either up or down, I change the rings so I'm looking through the center of it when I do the routine again. If "3X High rings" work, that's what will be on it.
Originally Posted by hillestadj
What glass are you throwing on top with this one?

I haven't decided, but I think I will get a Bushnell 4500 4-16X.

3X High rings?

The way I determine ring height is lightly install a scope and bring the rifle up to my shoulder with my eyes closed. Once in place I open my eyes to see what I see. If I'm looking right through the middle of the scope I cinch it down. If I am looking at the scope off center either up or down, I change the rings so I'm looking through the center of it when I do the routine again. If "3X High rings" work, that's what will be on it.

Neat
Posted By: deflave Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/21/16
RingRetard and JeffO threads are liking putting on Down Syndrome goggles.

Clark

Clark

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/21/16

Clark

He does remind me of Corky...
Posted By: hanco Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/22/16
Killed a pig yesterday evening off back porch. I have a hanging feeder by the edge of the woods. He [bleep] up and came out before dark. He weighed around 140 lbs. The bullet hitting him is louder than rifle.
Posted By: Ringman Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/22/16
Originally Posted by hanco
Killed a pig yesterday evening off back porch. I have a hanging feeder by the edge of the woods. He [bleep] up and came out before dark. He weighed around 140 lbs. The bullet hitting him is louder than rifle.

What bullet did you use? What velocity?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/22/16
Killin' pigs on the quiet isn't much of a challenge. Put the bullet where it needs to go and style/construction is unimportant. CB shorts will do the trick if you need a standard to refer to.
Posted By: hanco Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/22/16
I use a 170 Nosler Partition at 1100fps. I use 11 grains trail boss. I live at the edge of city limits of the small town where I live. Cant shoot a .22. Police have been to my house several times asking about shooting. My 308 makes no more noise than a BB gun.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/22/16
I use a 170 Nosler Partition at 1100fps. I use 11 grains trail boss. I live at the edge of city limits of the small town where I live. Cant shoot a .22. Police have been to my house several times asking about shooting. My 308 makes no more noise than a BB gun.

grin

I just use a suppressed pellet rifle.

Hits like a 300 BLK. wink

[Linked Image]
Posted By: joshf303 Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/22/16
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Killin' pigs on the quiet isn't much of a challenge. Put the bullet where it needs to go and style/construction is unimportant. CB shorts will do the trick if you need a standard to refer to.

Working up Sub loads and whackin schit with them is an absolute riot....

Feral cats and stray dogs hate the 105s outta the 6x45. Will see how yotes handle them when I can get some time.

Going to see if I can get a 6.5 CM to run some 160 Sierra SPs consistently.
Cant shoot a .22.

Sorry about your disability.
Originally Posted by joshf303

Working up Sub loads and whackin schit with them is an absolute riot....

True dat.
Posted By: Scott F Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/22/16
I had a lot of fun working up light 45-70 loads and watching them drop into the target at 150 yards through the scope. I have been thinking of a 300 BO upper for my AR. I have everything I need to load including the chop saw to cut down 223.
Posted By: joshf303 Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/23/16
With all this ballistic gack and reduced load talk....

Has anyone around SL run the 162 AMaxes subsonic out of a 9 twist 7/08? What are the chances of them stabilizing....
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/23/16
They will do fine. Question is why?
Posted By: joshf303 Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/23/16
They will do fine. Question is why?

Why what?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/23/16
Why would you want to use those bullets?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/24/16
I do hope my simple inquiry did not strike you mute.
Posted By: joshf303 Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/24/16
I do hope my simple inquiry did not strike you mute.

No Sir....just gotta find enough "couch time"for my chunt to chicken peck out a reply....

The hoarded supply is abundant, terminal performance outta be hell on ear holes and such for its intended purpose, and thinking it's about the heaviest I could get to spin out of a 9 twist, 16.5" 7/08.

A handful of guys here from out West with some elevation said they have run them at subsonic velocities just fine. But being at SL i didn't know if it was a go....
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/24/16
10-4

Check PM
Posted By: The_Big_D Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/24/16
Ive got http://www.dakotasilencer.com/product/varminter-3-0-in-30-cal/ on the way soon. Anyone have opinions or experience with this model?

Thanks
Posted By: hanco Re: suppressor shooters? - 08/24/16
A short stubby bullet works best. I like a blunt nose 30-30 bullet. It aint like the bullet is going to go very far anyway. It's going to have a trajectory like a limp talley wacker anyway. I sight my 308 in with my regular load of 44 grains of H-4895. I have to click scope up 7.5 inches to get the sub sonic load on target at 50 yds.
© 24hourcampfire