Home
IMHO, he's the best in the business. He bailed on MNF and Gruden, to work TNF with GFY Cris D-bag Collinsworth and now the NFL says now way.

WTF

I'm just about done with this league.
Originally Posted by kingston
IMHO, he's the best in the business. He bailed on MNF and Gruden, to work TNF with GFY Cris D-bag Collinsworth and now the NFL says now way.

WTF

I'm just about done with this league.

There's been a mass exodus of talent from BSPN. He was their best guy for calling sports.

He jumped because the number one prime time show in the US is Football Night in America - Sundays on NBC. That host is Al Michaels who is in his 70's. It will be Mike's.

Good move for him.
Tirico is one of the best,
I remember years ago he was a sports guy on a radio station in Syracuse and he announced he was leaving to go to ESPN,
and I told an employee,"he just hit the job lottery"
good for him
Never hear of him.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Never hear of him.

Me either....this whole thread is alphabet soup to me....
Füçking soccer fans...
I do know of Wayne Rooney...
Originally Posted by kingston
Füçking soccer fans...

That hurt.....
I hunt real close to his place. Few miles away......
The NFL contract for Thursday Night Football requires the network use the #1 broadcast team which is Michaels and Collinsworth. I can't stand them but once you're golden you stay golden in the media until you criticize the POTUS or similar sin.
Poor Bastard probably got sick of listening to that fricken idiot John Gruden game after game. Can't say as if I'd blame him. He's ruined MNF as far as I'm concerned.
Sorry my bucket of "GIVE A $hit" is already full!!! Maybe try back later !!!!
Originally Posted by mohick
Sorry my bucket of "GIVE A $hit" is already full!!! Maybe try back later !!!!

Well said..
ESPN has been sch!tting the bed since they took over MNF. Moving Michaels and Collinsworth to Sunday night was a great decision on ABC's part--mind you, I have long since lost track of who owns what anymore in broadcast sports.

I know a lot of people don't like Collinsworth, damn if I know why. I've met him and talked football with him, he's a smart guy and he provides insightful color commentary. Maybe the folks who don't like him just don't like to think. That probably ain't fair, but I know a lot of Collinsworth haters that are simply too stupid to get what he's saying. Mostly in my ex-wife's extended family, so there you go...

As for Michaels, he's the best. If Tirico wanted to follow him, those would be impossible shoes to fill... like Curt Gowdy or Pat Summerall, there just ain't no substitute. Anyways, I hope Tirico does well and gets his contract figured out. He's damn good.
Originally Posted by rong
Tirico is one of the best,
I remember years ago he was a sports guy on a radio station in Syracuse and he announced he was leaving to go to ESPN,
and I told an employee,"he just hit the job lottery"
good for him

Used to listen to him call basketball games on the Syracuse University radio station. Really good even then.
Tirico is very good
© 24hourcampfire