Home
Unless it looks like Trump will win in a landslide, you know there will be a run on everything, when will it begin?

After the 1st debate?

After the last debate?

When will the sheep figure out, "oh, crap I didn't stock up again!"
Well, I bought 8#'s of H1000 today but it was more of a wanting a consistent lot of powder than anything else. Might be the quiet before the storm but my LGS has not had the stock they have now for 5 years! The shelves are FULL...except for 8#rs of H1000.

Did a review of the usual suspects for AR Lowers and they all have stuff in stock. I've got two stripped lowers and a few uppers sitting around so won't be competing with anyone for those.

Hard to say? We've had the best gun salesman in the history of guns in the WH for 8 years now...does anyone not own an AR and 49#'s of powder at this point?
When it becomes obvious to gun owners that all is lost and Clinton will win. That the run has not started already makes me feel somewhat confident in Trump's odds.
I'll admit I picked up a couple $50 lowers last week as election insurance. Other than that I think I'm good.
Hunting season will be in full swing and the manufacturers
will not have enough product to fill the panic.

Doc
I am set, for years.
I started buying a few things back in January.

Bought a little more ever since.

It would probably be a good idea to store things in 2 different locations.

Fire, theft, etc..

The actual panic will begin the day after the election. Before the election, true firearms enthusiasts will keep inventories low after having been stung in the past.

I got stung in 1994 and vowed never again. Assuming we are still allowed to own firearms in eight years, I should be set.
It would probably be a good idea to store things in 2 different locations.

Fire, theft, etc..

Cockroaches might be bad also. mad
Bear, exactly.....
I started loading up in 2008 when the big primer and 22LR shortage hit

I swore then I would never be without

My grandkids will have plenty of ammo after my kids pass away because of grandpa Ted
I vacillate between more powder and needing to not just 'kind' of need placarding on my garage. I'd guess that I have about 9998 primers and 49.3#'s of powder. There might be a few grains of powder in the cushions and I KNOW there are a few primers in the carpet...more than my dad, his dad, and great grandpap shot in their combined years.

I'm not panicked. I'm calm. I'm perfectly calm.
[Linked Image]
The night of Nov 8 if hillary is winning. This is our last chance to set the US on the right course.
I bought cheap, stacked it deep, back in 2007. Really don't need to buy anything now.
1st of the month, you've still got a few day's...

Phil
I've been figuring that it will start at the beginning of November.
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
When it becomes obvious to gun owners that all is lost and Clinton will win. That the run has not started already makes me feel somewhat confident in Trump's odds.

It's already started for rob Jordan.
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
The actual panic will begin the day after the election. Before the election, true firearms enthusiasts will keep inventories low after having been stung in the past.

I got stung in 1994 and vowed never again. Assuming we are still allowed to own firearms in eight years, I should be set.

I figure if they outlaw guns they'll be easier to get. No paper work, no background check, just pick'em up off the battlefield.
Soon
Once the polls for the battleground states get aligned, that will be the opening salvo.
Whip that frenzy!
I am FAR from betting my future on Hillary winning and NOT going to buy anything I don't need at this point. That includes .22 ammo for guns I don't even own. Call me an optimist, granted an optimist with 49.8#s of assorted powder and 9953 primers. If it becomes a permanent problem there may be a few more willing than myself to give up there holdings.
We can start discussing which is better for home defense. Baseball bats or knives?
Originally Posted by whelennut
We can start discussing which is better for home defense. Baseball bats or knives?

Apparently soldiers or the religion of love are doing amazing stuff with knives both here and abroad...personally, I'll stick with the old adage "If it's a fair fight, your tactics suck".
It might have just begun, [b][color:#3333FF]S&G Ammo[/color][/b] is running a couple days behind, they're usually caught up unless volume gets high..
Ran some NICS checks today and was on hold for quite a while... I almost never get put on hold.
Soon
I bought 3 lbs of RL19 and 1,000 CCI primers this week. I would like some Remington 9 1/2 and 7 1/2 BR primers, but those seem to be scarce.
I watched them put 9 1/2's on the shelf today at a local dealer.
Shotgun powder is gone in the kegs and in the lbers. Push for 22lr is here and big cases of 2K Rat rnds are moving out the store. Inventory for black rifles is extremely low for a big box store. Its not looking good. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Not my problem, all y'all can put it in panic mode if need be but I'm set mostly. Had a mould delivered a few days ago, might have to score a couple more down the road.

.430 x 320 grains

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Hunting season will be in full swing and the manufacturers
will not have enough product to fill the panic.

Doc

They did the runs on hunting ammo months ago, to have it on the shelves for hunting season, they're probably running shoot'em up stuff now.
When people post about it on the internet and get everybody stirred up again.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
When people post about it on the internet and get everybody stirred up again.

Travis

If that ain't the truth! Kinda like the media does with the damn election. Lol
Don't go blaming peeps that go full retard over this chitt. They can't help it. Flats on the freeway of life happen.

BTW, that bullet is for my .44 Bitch Slapper. Is that insensitive?

I hope so.

Sammy Small

[Linked Image]
Um, its been pretty thin for some time off and on lately already..

I did find a case of small pistol primers on hand... in fact I found 99 one day, and came back a day later because I had to verify something, and found there were 8 cases left...

Was about to buy 10mm ammo since Carolyn bought a 10mm. Never had one before... had it lined out, verified something, nope, didn't have 1000 rounds left... only had 150 or 100 and I started looking hard, most folks out of stock on 10mm.... took some looking before I got a decently priced case of that headed our way...

It will get very much worse after the election, assuming the media and ducking idiots are right and the vote goes their way.

But I'd almost be ok and somewhat happy if we just banned the damn liberals off this site and deal with the shortages...
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Ran some NICS checks today and was on hold for quite a while... I almost never get put on hold.

I think up your way there might be more to that than meets the eye. Just a bit of scuttle I've heard.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Don't go blaming peeps that go full retard over this chitt. They can't help it. Flats on the freeway of life happen.

BTW, that bullet is for my .44 Bitch Slapper. Is that insensitive?

I hope so.

Sammy Small

[Linked Image]
Beautiful.
Originally Posted by tedthorn

My grandkids will have plenty of ammo after my kids pass away because of grandpa Ted

lmao
anyone that has waited through all this before deciding it might be time to buy some components, is way behind the curve.
Not a one of us should be in this position, of 'needing' to stock up. We have been shown on a daily basis since 2007, that this was going to happen.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
anyone that has waited through all this before deciding it might be time to buy some components, is way behind the curve.
Not a one of us should be in this position, of 'needing' to stock up. We have been shown on a daily basis since 2007, that this was going to happen.
The only thing I might need is if I get a new caliber, which is not real likely. I could use some more 38-40 brass, but that is not likely to be a primary weapon in any gunfight. Then again, I like to have plenty for anything I shoot.

I buy 22 whenever I see it and it isn't priced outrageously. When it goes, it goes quick with two kids.
i got enough ammo, ronnie milsap and stevie wonder could come target shoot with me laugh
money in the bank is a losing proposition.

if you have money in the bank, it's better to store your wealth in things that appreciate.

Right.

I got some .257 and 7mm bullets by Nosler for sale. $100 per piece, shipping included. Partitions or BTs, your choice.

Sometimes I'm ahead of the times.

BD
If you haven't got what you need by now, I don't know what to say.
I have been buying 1# of powder and 1K of primers every gun show for the last 10 yrs. or so. I bought a pound of powder when I was in Cabela's a couple weeks ago and plan to buy another pound and a couple thousand primers this week. I have 6-7K rounds of rimfire ammo on hand so I should be good for quite a while.
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Same here. Buying for our one year old grandson now. Our son has all he will ever shoot.
I told a buddie just today he needs to stock up on some ammo, he said Why? He thinks because he has a couple of boxs , per gun thats Hes Good to go! I said well when you run out Dont come to me asking for Ammo! Dumb Ass!
Just started to reload again back in early 08 and got caught up in the election year. Didn't make that mistake again. When Sandy Hook happened and all went full panic across the country, I was able to sit it out and relax. Same now too.
The rimfire deal has never come back up this way. Which reminds me, I probably should lay in another couple pounds of Lil'Gun......... a pound of LG makes somewhat more than two bricks of good cast bullet loads. The Hornet will never be a 10/22, but it does allow some good '22 rimfire' equivalent shooting. smile
I better go buy another thousand primers!!!
The people who post here are much more tuned in to this than the general casual shooting population. There will be an uptick in demand if Hillary wins - no doubt. But it seems to me that supply has gone up for many gun related products and all of the real enthusiasts have stocked up during the Obama years. So at least in my view the most likely outcome if Hillary wins is a small upward pressure on prices for maybe six months.
Originally Posted by hanco
I better go buy another thousand primers!!!

Part of the problem has always been that folks go buy when they get scared, scared they will never see this or that again.

Another part of the problem is that folks buy things not by the case when they buy to start with.

Some years ago I realized that to buy primers less than 5000 at a time, 22 ammo the same, powder less than larger containers, like the 8 pound ones at a time, could be a mistake.

That said I've been hit by issues of not being able to find stuff by the case at times either...

but it sure helps to be looking for something, like the other day, large pistol primers, and find that I had a case more than I thought I had...
A few powder valley & nosler shooters pro shop orders over the last couple of years have set me up pretty well. I can't imagine that I'll ever shoot up all I've got on hand. I swore I wouldn't be caught in a pinch again after Obama got elected.

Originally Posted by Klikitarik
The Hornet will never be a 10/22, but it does allow some good '22 rimfire' equivalent shooting. smile

Praise be unto Zeus that the Hornet will never be a 10/22! I blush to even put both terms in the same sentence. blush

However, the Hornet and well crafted cast bullets can run circles around the .22 RF...22WMR and more. cool

Then there's the flintlock concept. Screw primers, dies, run out and all that other gak. Make some charcoal, find some sulfur and salty peters, a couple of rocks and cut the leg off your old jeans. Rock on........

It was only 50 yards, but it was offhand.

[Linked Image]

Now you know why the Continental Army prevailed.
Right after the first of the year, when I started to realize who the Republican nominee was going to be, I started buying...I now have a very large inventory, for me, of ammo for all my hunting rifles, my one handgun and my three shotguns...since I am 75, my youngest son should be pretty well set when he inherits all this stuff...

Hope everybody gets everything they need before the vultures start buying everything to resell at inflated prices...

Cheers/bg
I've always hoped that 22 ammo would come back around to cheap prices in steady supply around here, but it never has. It is still pretty much bare shelves when it comes to rimfire.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
That happened to me a couple weeks ago too.. First time I was ever on 'hold' for a NICS check..
I'll ask this again. I have a large amount of. Components and loaded ammo,but who will I use it on and when and where will be in a thousand round gun fight? Even in Viet Nam I never fired that many rounds in a single firefight. Jus ax'n.
The Russians are coming, haven't you been watching the news?

wink

Just looked , need a few large pistol primers. I have plenty of every thing else. Hasbeen
The smart thing to do would be to STFU and lay in what supplies you think prudent and not incite others to panic buying which is what caused high prices and bare shelves in the first place.
6MM

Better to have & not need, than to need & not have!!

Jim
was looking to buy a case of .223 from CheaperthanDirt.

might just be coincidence but I checked on Tuesday, it had gone up $20 across the board on all of them by Thursday.

I ended up buying from Lax Ammunition.

They have not raised their prices as of yet.

Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I've always hoped that 22 ammo would come back around to cheap prices in steady supply around here, but it never has. It is still pretty much bare shelves when it comes to rimfire.

its come back here in the last 5 months.

The 500/550 round boxes aren't cheap but they are plentiful.
According to my local gun shop, it has begun!
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
I'll ask this again. I have a large amount of. Components and loaded ammo,but who will I use it on and when and where will be in a thousand round gun fight? Even in Viet Nam I never fired that many rounds in a single firefight. Jus ax'n.

I did. It's easy with belt feed. It ain't hard with a -16 either.
Bought the wife a Ruger LCP for her Bday this week and talked with the owner of the LGS.
He said that for the past month he has been expecting the rush to start but it wasn't happening.
Then about a week ago it started. The place was crowded when I was in there with folks buying ARs and handguns.
I'll probably drop back in this week for a G19.
Between the Idaho and Texas homes I am, and have been, well set for years. No worries of shortage here.
I best go buy a couple pounds more powder.
Thanks to this thread I did some checking and discovered that I only have about four hundred small pistol primers on hand. So I guess a visit to Cabelas will be on the agenda for the next couple of days. Screw the price, I need them now and they are the only store in this town that might carry them.
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Thanks to this thread I did some checking and discovered that I only have about four hundred small pistol primers on hand. So I guess a visit to Cabelas will be on the agenda for the next couple of days. Screw the price, I need them now and they are the only store in this town that might carry them.

Good luck. Last time I was there they were out of all SP primers other than magnums. You can still find them on line though.
© 24hourcampfire