Home
Bush

"OK Guys, this is what they pay us for"

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/were-the-only-plane-in-the-sky-214230
bump
Pretty incredible. Especially the part about Putin.
Thanks! That really was a great read.
Thanks for posting. Thank God we had a real leader that day, instead of a islam\abettor we have now.
Wow...what a story....long read but worth it. Thanks for posting.
Very interesting. Thanks.
Thank God our great Leader got through that terrible day OK.
So that, a few months later, he could make the decision that, since we were attacked by Muslims from Saudi Arabia, we should invade Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11.

Great work, Mr. Bush. You committed the worst foreign policy blunder in American history.
I hate books, ever since graduating college in 1985. When I went to work offshore in the Caspian Sea where TV or internet was not available my wife bought me a Kindle and loaded his book, Decision Points, among others. It was a good read.
Originally Posted by EdM
I hate books, ever since graduating college in 1985. When I went to work offshore in the Caspian Sea where TV or internet was not available my wife bought me a Kindle and loaded his book, Decision Points, among others. It was a good read.

Decent ghostwriters are vetted for purpose.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
So that, a few months later, he could make the decision that, since we were attacked by Muslims from Saudi Arabia, we should invade Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11.

Great work, Mr. Bush. You committed the worst foreign policy blunder in American history.

Saddam Hussein had to go. He had crossed many red lines and he had to go. He should have been removed in the first war.
Bush had bipartisan support in Congress including Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Harry Reid.
He had a joint resolution of support from Congress after spending a year trying to get the U.N. off their sorry ass.
He had large support in the media and two-thirds of the American people.
Saddam Hussein had to go.
Great read, thank you for posting this!!! President Bush displaying leadership skills. We haven't seen this in 7 1/2 years!
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

He had crossed many red lines and he had to go.

Had to go?

Perhaps.

But that phooker had not a goddam thing to do with 9/11...
Bowsinger, that is where you, and Dick Cheney, and the Neocons are so terribly wrong.

Saddam was a bad guy. Dictator. Murdered his own people.
But, he kept the lid on Muslim terrorists. His secret police captured and executed any Muslim terrorist radical.

No Al Quaeda or ISIS in Iraq while he was in power.
Also, Saddam was a counter force to our number one boogeyman, Iran.
He fought a long war against Iran and killed 200,000 Iranian troops.
Saddam was a stabilizing force in the Middle East.

Since Genius Boy Bush killed Saddam, ISIS has now taken control in Iraq.
Don't bore me with blaming Obama for the rise of ISIS in Iraq, once Bush had killed Saddam it was all over, unless we kept 100,000 troops there, indefinetly, it was only a matter of time until Muslim radicals took over in that Godforsaken country.

George Bush was a disaster for my country and I am not singing The Star Spangled Banner when I hear what he did, or didn't do, on 9/11.
Thanks for posting that.

I'll second the "great read"!

Ed
Bowsinger, that is where you, and Dick Cheney, and the Neocons are so terribly wrong.

But, he kept the lid on Muslim terrorists. His secret police captured and executed any Muslim terrorist radical.

Don't bore me with blaming Obama for the rise of ISIS in Iraq, once Bush had killed Saddam it was all over, unless we kept 100,000 troops there, indefinetly, it was only a matter of time until Muslim radicals took over in that Godforsaken country.

George Bush was a disaster for my country and I am not singing The Star Spangled Banner when I hear what he did, or didn't do, on 9/11.

Saddam supported any and all terrorist who he perceived as helping him. Suicide bomber's families received about $50,000 per boom.
Who needs terrorists when Saddam invaded four counties on his own? And took their oil.
Who needs terrorists when Saddam gassed and killed tens of thousands of his own people?

Saddam was a bigger threat to that region than anybody who has come along since.

What kind of unimaginable Mid-East mess would we have with both Hussein and Obama still around?
Thank you for the link

And thank you President Bush.......

Saddam supported any and all terrorist who he perceived as helping him. Suicide bomber's families received about $50,000 per boom.
Who needs terrorists when Saddam invaded four counties on his own? And took their oil.
Who needs terrorists when Saddam gassed and killed tens of thousands of his own people?

Saddam was a bigger threat to that region than anybody who has come along since.

What kind of unimaginable Mid-East mess would we have with both Hussein and Obama still around?

“We will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." — President George W. Bush, September 20, 2001

“We will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." — President George W. Bush, September 20, 2001

Per usual, The House of Saud gives many thanks!

Saddam Hussein had to go. He had crossed many red lines and he had to go. He should have been removed in the first war.
Bush had bipartisan support in Congress including Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Harry Reid.
He had a joint resolution of support from Congress after spending a year trying to get the U.N. off their sorry ass.
He had large support in the media and two-thirds of the American people.

Not to mention the WMD we KNOW Saddam had but subsequent disappeared prior to our invasion or later in the fog of war. Documented use of gas against Kurds and others. Found tons of yellow cake U by our troops, who when they went back to retrieve several days later, found it gone. Probably to Syria.

Bush's "blunder" is nothing compared to O' bummers handling of ME since. The difference between a competent President and one totally out of his depth, if not much worse.
From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." — President George W. Bush, September 20, 2001[/b]

lol

*Except* for Saudi Arabia.
Originally Posted by antlers
From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." — President George W. Bush, September 20, 2001[/b]

lol

*Except* for Saudi Arabia.

Uh yeah. Duh. What was it, 15-18 of the 19 total hijackers were Sauds?
Bush and his neocon cronies are evil idiots ! You can hire all all the best ghost writers you want to fool the morons but the bottom line is he failed to prevent the 9/11 attacks and he destabilized the middle east over oil contracts for his family and cronies. Saddam and Iraq had been neutered by his father and was no threat to the United States or our allies. He failed to secure Afghanistan before stripping units to prepare for the Iraq invasion which led to Osama bin Laden escaping Torra Borra when we had to rely on local militia to secure the area. Probably even more important to our future in Afghanistan was that Mullah Omar was with him. If we had killed the political and spiritual leader of the Taliban while driving them from power and devoted the proper level of troops to stabalize and completely control the country the might not be a world wide jihad. Of course there was no oil in Afghanistan , only enemies of the United States , so Bush short changed the Afghanistan war to chase control of oil and spread the neocon stupidity that democracy would save the Muslim savages. Syria and Iraq today are a direct consequence of the Bush/neocon hubris. Libya is all on Clinton/Obama , a neocon and an another idiot.
Hard to get rid of a hornets nest without stirring up and killing some hornets
the bottom line is he failed to prevent the 9/11 attacks

There's recently been a more than adequate supply of idiotic text available here,...but Mister yours above takes the cake.

GTC
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
the bottom line is he failed to prevent the 9/11 attacks

There's recently been a more than adequate supply of idiotic text available here,...but Mister yours above takes the cake.

GTC

There were plenty of missed opportunities to prevent the attacks. Islamic terrorist were not a priority at the beginning of the Bush administration. His Clinton appointed terror czar couldn't get an appointment to even talk to Bush and make the case that Islamic terrorist were the real threat not the imploding Russians. It's hard to tell who had a worse foreign policy , Bush or Obama. Both are completely incompetent for different reasons but both a disaster for our country.
I'm not a big George Bush fan for his years post 9/11

but that day he was a leader.
....and the "Clinton appointed terror czar" and his minions were the clowns that let the Sauds in and KNEW what they were training for, too
...weren't they ?

GTC
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

There were plenty of missed opportunities to prevent the attacks. Islamic terrorist were not a priority at the beginning of the Bush administration. His Clinton appointed terror czar couldn't get an appointment to even talk to Bush and make the case that Islamic terrorist were the real threat not the imploding Russians. It's hard to tell who had a worse foreign policy , Bush or Obama. Both are completely incompetent for different reasons but both a disaster for our country.

"Plenty of opportunities" in the first 6 months of a new administration? Might want to brush up on your timelines. The terrorists had been in the country since 2000 and the later arrivers got here in early 2001. I'm not sure what you think then Governor Bush was going to do.

I love how people bitch that we did it all wrong. Invariably they are people who didn't have to risk anything and are just comfortable sitting back and throwing rocks. I haven't been happy with a president since Reagan but given the scope of the job and understanding how many competing interests there are and how much control a president really has, both the Bush's did fine.

Every time I hear "neocon", it's always attached to an idiot spewing it..
What a load of horse sheit, the GOP allowed the Saudi's to fly a bunch of Terrorist supporter back home when their was meant to be a total No Fly period.

Looks like the GOP are working overtime to repaint history now that the Courts are allowing Civil Case against the Saudi's to progress.

George bush may think he cut the snakes head off LOL but it regrew in Afghanistan, Syria, Pakistan, Lybia, hell the list is long.

A complete disaster of a War based upon lies.....WMD my ass !
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire