Home
This sounds like nirvana for the Flave.
The new drink, known as 'alcosynth', is designed to mimic the positive effects of alcohol but doesn’t cause a dry mouth, nausea and a throbbing head.
Hope he can last till then.
I'll bet that's gonna be good news for the liver too???
Originally Posted by 338Rem
The new drink, known as 'alcosynth', is designed to mimic the positive effects of alcohol but doesn’t cause a dry mouth, nausea and a throbbing head.

What are we considering the positive effects of alcohol?
I had to look that one up. It's a British thing and the EU is blocking it. I though GB had left the EU.
It's derived from an existing drug so I assume the FDA would have to approve it in the US.

Hangover-free alcohol substitute 'blocked' by regulations
A report suggests heavy-handed regulations are blocking a synthetic drink, which is much safer than alcohol.
06:50, UK,
Friday 23 September 2016

A new hangover-free synthetic alcohol which gets you tipsy but not drunk could have "seismic effects on public health", according to a report.

The drink has been developed as an alternative to alcohol, removing the risks of hangovers, liver damage and loss of control.

But the product is being blocked by "morality police" using heavy-handed EU and government regulations, says the Adam Smith Institute.

'Alcosynth' has been developed by Professor David Nutt, who was sacked as the UK drug tsar for his comments about the drug ecstasy.

The drink is a derivative of benzodiazepine - commonly used to treat anxiety disorder - but does not cause withdrawal symptoms.

It can be formulated to limit its potency, leaving drinkers only mildly intoxicated, rather than drunk.

Experts believe it could eventually completely replace alcohol and potentially save thousands of lives.

Although much research has been conducted, it could still be several years before it reaches bars in the UK.

Sam Bowman, executive director of the Adam Smith Institute, said over-regulation was preventing such products from entering the market.

In a new report - Sinnovation: How markets can solve public health problems - the Institute calls for "innovation", not regulation.

"It's innovation not regulation that got us e-cigarettes," he said.

"They emerged and prospered in spite of regulation, proving to be the best way to get people to quit quickly that we know of.

"Other products like synthetic alcohol and reduced-risk tobacco products promise to repeat the success of e-cigs for new people, but only if we let them."

Public health officials are mindlessly pursuing abstinence campaigns, while ignoring life-saving risk reduction products, the institute says.

Mr Bowman continued: "It is crucial that the government does not stand in the way of hangover-free alcohol.

"Regulation must be flexible and encouraging of new products that are safer than the vices they're competing with.

"Britain can be a world leader in safe alternatives to alcohol and cigarettes, but we need regulation that foster those things instead of stamping them out."

WTF?

Hangovers are nature's subtle reminder that you drank a hell of a lot last night and you need to stop at the liquor store soon.

Thanks Mother Nature.
I woulda forgot.
Originally Posted by RWE

Let's see'
1. The ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

2. Relaxation of the brain and mouth. (Lowering inhibitions)

3. Making white people better dancers.

Add to this list.
Originally Posted by RWE

Let's see'
1. The ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

2. Relaxation of the brain and mouth. (Lowering inhibitions)

3. Making white people better dancers.

Add to this list.

Making women from the south attractive.

replace all regular alcohol

When this stuff comes out, I'm gonna make a fortune.

Prohibition all over again!!!
i make hangover free alchol, shine thats been cut right will not give you a hangover.
It makes a woman who is normally a 5, a 10 at bartime
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i make hangover free alchol, shine thats been cut right will not give you a hangover.

I know it and you know it, but....
Any chance it will not cause stupidity? Or meanness some drunks get?

The only positive thing affect of alcohol is killing germs.
I haven't had a hangover since I started drinking martinis 35 years ago.

What are the positive effects of drinking alcohol?
Most importantly. After drinking a dozen shots, will a 3 start looking like a 9?
I'm reminded that many "miracle drug" promises have not turned out well. Thalidomide being just one that had unintended consequences of a horrific nature.

We've known the goods, bads, and uglies of alcohol now for 5,000 years. Let's not be in a mad rush to leap to an alternative not so well understood.

Originally Posted by RWE

Beer goggles without fresnel lenses.
Benzodiazepine is Xanax, the stuff they give you before colonoscopies so you forget what happened.

Heck, we had hangover free alcohol drinks back in the 70's that would get you staggering and get the ladies in a good mood, but we called it Quaalude and a Pepsi...
Wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole.
I'll stick with water. Hasn't given me a hangover ever.
That reminded me of a Star Trek show from a hundred years ago, They were drinking "synthahol" till Scotty pulled out a bottle of the good stuff.

I wish I could remember important things... must be too much Good stuff.
© 24hourcampfire