Home
Posted By: rusty51 Pachmyar sling swivel - 09/23/16
I have been thinking of trying those Pachmyar flush mount sling swivels,has anyone tried them.
Posted By: 348srfun Re: Pachmyar sling swivel - 09/23/16
I think they are great swivels. You need to use the correct drill and fixture to install them. It is easy to split out the stock on wood stocks if you aren't careful. They take a big hole, is the situation. Properly installed they look great and make a smooth surface when the sling is dismounted.
Posted By: Jerryv Re: Pachmyar sling swivel - 09/23/16
They were factory installed on some Browning rifles. Great for slings. Not so much for bipods. I have never installed them, but I think there is an install kit that makes it easier.

Jerry
Posted By: las Re: Pachmyar sling swivel - 09/23/16
Somewhere I have the drills for it. Installed several on customer guns. They seemed to like them ok.

I never warmed them personally. YMMV.
Posted By: BMT Re: Pachmyar sling swivel - 09/23/16
Liked the one set I had
Posted By: ringworm Re: Pachmyar sling swivel - 09/23/16
On most Steyr rifles.
They are great.
Much more quiet.
Posted By: Alagator Re: Pachmyar sling swivel - 09/24/16
As ringworm stated, Steyr Prohunters were outfitted in them, although some of the later ones used standard studs. Very quiet, and great for treestands--just unsnap them and tuck the sling away. BUT..jreeyv nailed it on the tripod issue. I had to buy a cumbersome adapter to use a bipod on my Steyrs. I have seen Steyrs modified with an aftermarket stud for the bipod.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Pachmyar sling swivel - 09/24/16
Had pachmayers on my B78,
Thought Steyr's were Millet? Same/same except for aesthetics....

Bipod use is only issue. I bought a set of millet's to get the screw in cup and had a buddy fill in the slot, drill, tap and install a standard stud. Cost too much for as little as I used it on my B78
Posted By: ringworm Re: Pachmyar sling swivel - 09/24/16
Millet quit making then so the pachy is a sub.
© 24hourcampfire