Home
Lets take away all firearms from the Police and only armed them with Billy Clubs and Pepper Spray. One year from now we will review the results and see just how well this works out.
I did a term paper for a professor who was from England and the paper was on the 2nd amendment. The professor could not understand our heritage with firearms and admitted English police were regularly injured and occasionally killed by perps who were armed.

BLM would love unarmed cops!
Dogs across America would rejoice..
Originally Posted by bea175
Lets take away all firearms from the Police and only armed them with Billy Clubs and Pepper Spray. One year from now we will review the results and see just how well this works out.

Stupid idea for country where many civilians and criminals have guns. Why don't you just abolish police all together. What you need is powerful police force with military vehicles and gear. When the collapse comes where are you going to get food and water? Someone will have to keep order and distributes necessities.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Dogs Pit Bulls across America would rejoice..

Fixed it for ya...

A little trolling this morning? smile
I know the post was tic...

If all police officers were disarmed to keep the public safe the next logical step would be to disarm the public to keep both the the public and the police safe.... Screw that.

I'm going to be armed. I can't agree with any law that would make a police officer give up his/her constitutional right to be armed.

For a real world comparison how about disarming them in Detroit and relaxing the rules for a legal shoot in Chicago...fleeing suspects can be shot...
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

For a real world comparison how about disarming them in Detroit and relaxing the rules for a legal shoot in Chicago...fleeing suspects can be shot...

I like that idea.

I say we expand your experiment, and say that West of the Mississippi looters can be shot on sight, while east of the Mississippi they shall be immune to all arrest and prosecution.

It will start to happen.
Looting was before government became the sole source of income.

Now it's redistribution.

Thank the democrats for their progressive thinking...
there goes unemployment thru the roof.

Then after a rash of schidtbirds getting their heads cracked with batons, we can take away that tool and give them pepper spray alone.

And when too many poor little felons get watery eyes from the pepper spray we can give them cameras and tell them to use strong language.

Then when the cameras prove too much, maybe we can give them cookies and milk to hand out.
How about just holding cops themselves personally responsible when they choose to use deadly force when it wasn't warranted, or when they choose to injure a civilian when it wasn't warranted...instead of just leaving the community that employed him to pay ALL of the bills/awards/damages due to his negligence...?
Originally Posted by antlers
How about just holding cops themselves personally responsible when they choose to use deadly force when it wasn't warranted, or when they choose to injure a civilian when it wasn't warranted...instead of just leaving the community that employed him to pay ALL of the bills/awards/damages due to his negligence...?

Why stop at deadly force? Why not leave them personally liable and open to lawsuits for everything they do on duty?

Have you ever arrested a person?

Dave
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Why stop at deadly force? Why not leave them personally liable and open to lawsuits for everything they do on duty?

which would take us right back to the original proposal. We could do away with police all together, and just let us do the job ourselves. Maybe have a government supplied agency provide some investigation, handle the paperwork, maintain an office we could all use?
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

which would take us right back to the original proposal. We could do away with police all together, and just let us do the job ourselves. Maybe have a government supplied agency provide some investigation, handle the paperwork, maintain an office we could all use?

The gangs and tribes of clicks and whistlers would devour your state given your proposal.

Sounds cool though. If you lack any sort of reasoning abilities.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I'm all for that.

But rest assured, my tribe is going to take everything you have. And then some.

Dave

antlers, We are Not civilians, we are Citizens. If we are civilians then that makes the police military, a few of which think they are. Thankfully most are not.
Sheriff? Elected, but that still leaves the political party problem.
Originally Posted by 1sgLunde

antlers, We are Not civilians, we are Citizens. If we are civilians then that makes the police military, a few of which think they are. Thankfully most are not.

It ain't "a few"...... The L E Officers in both Tulsa and Charleston both used "civilians" to describe those who are not cops or "perps".
If modern day cops couldn't have a gun they'd have no reason to want to be a cop. Without a gun 90% of today's cops are nothing more than impotent geeks unable to back up their over-inflated egos. The kind of zit faced dork that was picked on at his Illinois high school and decided to be a "use of force instructor" and a self-styled internet hero with multiple user names trolling for men online. In other words...an online pussy and a real life retard.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If modern day cops couldn't have a gun they'd have no reason to want to be a cop. Without a gun 90% of today's cops are nothing more than impotent geeks unable to back up their over-inflated egos. The kind of zit faced dork that was picked on at his Illinois high school and decided to be a "use of force instructor" and a self-styled internet hero with multiple user names trolling for men online. In other words...an online pussy and a real life retard.

You just described the 'campfire.
Grew up with and worked with quite a few cops, most in the Los Angeles, Burbank, and Temple City areas... back in the 50's and 60's most were heavy drinkers, but latter on you started to see the ones hopped up on steroids and drugs. It was about that time also mid 70's that you'd start to see the difference in the use of deadly force. Back then there was also little liability for their actions. Hell Los Angeles still can't get their act together! But its not just the big city's and its spread nation wide. If I had to put a finger on it, I'd say it was in department training and policy changes, then of course the break down of political reasoning... today the unions dictate to the local government and very little gets changed.

Phil
I believe a lot of cops will die in the future because they will be afraid to use deadly force to protect themselves.
No it's time to lock up criminals in a prison.

Does your son carry a firearm when he's being a cop?

Big Pussy

I agree. We should start it in the city/town/county where you live, then you can get back to us in a year with the results.

In the meantime, GFY.
Originally Posted by deflave

Big Pussy

Big Pussy, Remember how funny you were? How you really fooled folks that battled and overcame their demons and then you laughed and insulted true kindness? You're a fu.cking riot.

As many of you know I've had a problem with alcohol for some time. And as some of you know this problem came to a head about a month or so ago when I not only lost some very close friends, but I also came very close to losing my family.

To make a long story short, the situation I was in caused me to reflect on what the root issue of all my problems truly are. It came down to two things:

1.) Myself.
2.) Alcohol.

This was not any easy thing to admit but once I admitted it, the changes (all for the better) started unfolding.

I am on my way to recovery and I thought that I had apologized to everybody that I had hurt in the past. Until I was visiting with an individual that attends the same AA meetings I do. He had mentioned that he logged onto Facebook and apologized to all the people he had never met, but assuredly offended and attacked while intoxicated. Initially I didn't think anything of his comment until I realized that even though this isn't Facebook, there are still real people with real names and real families that I have attacked on this forum.

I'm not talking about causal back-and-forth ribbing. I'm talking about the people that I personally attacked. I'm not talking about jokingly stating "GFY." I'm talking about the people I was purposely caustic to for no reason. I know now that even though we may still disagree on some topics, I didn't attack them because of what I thought of them. I attacked them because of what I thought of myself.

This list may not be all inclusive but this is the best list I could compile after a great deal of thought and reflection:

Kevin Gibson
JeffO
Take a Knee
Gunwizard
Curdog
RobJordan
bigsqueeze
djs

I would like to apologize to each and every one of the people I listed above. I don't expect all of you to forgive me and I don't expect all of you to accept my apology but I wanted to apologize regardless. Again, some of the things I wrote to all of you were more than just two people disagreeing. They were purposely hateful, and I apologize.

Last but not least I would like to apologize to Mr. Rick Bin. I've used his business to tear others down, when I should have been trying to build my life back up. I've blatantly disregarded his rules in an attempt to make others feel bad, so I could feel good.

I am sorry.

I will more than likely continue to post here if I feel I can help somebody with a question, but I will be posting far less than I have in the past. As anybody that has struggled with this illness knows, there are certain "triggers" I have to avoid right now and posting online is one of them.

If you feel I had slighted you in the past, please PM me. I don't want this post/thread to turn into a pissing match. I only want those that I listed to know how I feel.

Thank you and Happy Easter to all,

Travis

Cops are already personally responsible for every action they take. They can be sued or prosecuted. In civil matters, folks just sue the agency because of deep pockets. Being a cop does not give LEOs much if any relief of personal (legal) accountability.

If a cop pulls the trigger on someone, the internal murder investigation starts immediately. It's just not called that. The circumstances under which that act is allowed are quite strict and well-defined, both by the letter and previous court interpretations.

In the end, it is the jury who decides what is reasonable, and not anyone else. This odd arrangement, the best we've been able to come up with in 5000 years, is precarious at best. But consider the alternatives.

Even if government prosecutors refuse to prosecute, that does not protect the accused completely.

Big Pussy

Big Pussy, Remember how funny you were? How you really fooled folks that battled and overcame their demons and then you laughed and insulted true kindness? You're a fu.cking riot.

As many of you know I've had a problem with alcohol for some time. And as some of you know this problem came to a head about a month or so ago when I not only lost some very close friends, but I also came very close to losing my family.

To make a long story short, the situation I was in caused me to reflect on what the root issue of all my problems truly are. It came down to two things:

1.) Myself.
2.) Alcohol.

This was not any easy thing to admit but once I admitted it, the changes (all for the better) started unfolding.

I am on my way to recovery and I thought that I had apologized to everybody that I had hurt in the past. Until I was visiting with an individual that attends the same AA meetings I do. He had mentioned that he logged onto Facebook and apologized to all the people he had never met, but assuredly offended and attacked while intoxicated. Initially I didn't think anything of his comment until I realized that even though this isn't Facebook, there are still real people with real names and real families that I have attacked on this forum.

I'm not talking about causal back-and-forth ribbing. I'm talking about the people that I personally attacked. I'm not talking about jokingly stating "GFY." I'm talking about the people I was purposely caustic to for no reason. I know now that even though we may still disagree on some topics, I didn't attack them because of what I thought of them. I attacked them because of what I thought of myself.

This list may not be all inclusive but this is the best list I could compile after a great deal of thought and reflection:

Kevin Gibson
JeffO
Take a Knee
Gunwizard
Curdog
RobJordan
bigsqueeze
djs

I would like to apologize to each and every one of the people I listed above. I don't expect all of you to forgive me and I don't expect all of you to accept my apology but I wanted to apologize regardless. Again, some of the things I wrote to all of you were more than just two people disagreeing. They were purposely hateful, and I apologize.

Last but not least I would like to apologize to Mr. Rick Bin. I've used his business to tear others down, when I should have been trying to build my life back up. I've blatantly disregarded his rules in an attempt to make others feel bad, so I could feel good.

I am sorry.

I will more than likely continue to post here if I feel I can help somebody with a question, but I will be posting far less than I have in the past. As anybody that has struggled with this illness knows, there are certain "triggers" I have to avoid right now and posting online is one of them.

If you feel I had slighted you in the past, please PM me. I don't want this post/thread to turn into a pissing match. I only want those that I listed to know how I feel.

Thank you and Happy Easter to all,

Travis

Nice cheap shot.

By the way, your tagline is wrong. The term "Liberal Democrat" didn't even exist when Patton was alive.

Go ahead and fix that and get back to puffing peters.
Another pussy apologist with a penchant for homo-erotica. Do you feel compelled to stick up for Mr. Failure or are you guys dating?
Originally Posted by Slavek

Stupid idea for country where many civilians and criminals have guns. Why don't you just abolish police all together. What you need is powerful police force with military vehicles and gear. When the collapse comes where are you going to get food and water? Someone will have to keep order and distributes necessities.

WTF planet do you live on? I've got a well, freezers and shelves full of food, a big honkin' generator and the means to protect it all. The last thing I want is to be dependent on government, pretty much for anything. Even your girl Angie Merkel told her people to get ready for the Zombie (muzzie) Apocalypse, 'cause her crew couldn't do it.
total dumbass you homo , the cops should carry shotguns as well as sidearms ,then you stool pushers could see what real dudes look like instead of the [bleep] at a Hillary campain stop. Of course it's doubtful you pussies could go after dark without an escort.
I'm starting to love this thread.

BTW, did I tell you fellas I caught cancer? Been a real bummer.
Sorry to hear that. Eat well and exercise as best you can. Keep us posted if you feel up to it.
It was a joke!!!! Hahaha!!!!

Got ya!!

(Pap- In case you aren't up to speed, my post was in jest.)
Originally Posted by RandyR
I did a term paper for a professor who was from England and the paper was on the 2nd amendment. The professor could not understand our heritage with firearms and admitted English police were regularly injured and occasionally killed by perps who were armed.

That doesn't surprise me at all, in fact why should he? Heck, most Americans get the "UK" and "England" mixed up...

Back to the original assertion...First, the use of firearms by the various Police Forces within the UK is ever increasing and will continue to do so.

I think the main difference now between the UK and US is probably in the selection of armed officers and the amount of training they receive.

Our firearm officers are still seen as specialists so go through an additional selection process and receive further training, putting them more akin to officers in SWAT teams than your average American beat cop...

Sooo.... your son doesn't carry a firearm while he is performing his duties as a cop?

Big Pussy

Very few if any cops because they aren't dumb enough to do that job unarmed. At least in this country. BTW do some research on police being armed in England.
Another pussy apologist with a penchant for homo-erotica. Do you feel compelled to stick up for Mr. Failure or are you guys dating?

You sound jealous.

LMAO

Dave
I bet the percentage of incorrect police behavior is extremely small. There are thousands of proper arrests to one that was improper. No matter what humans do, they are not perfect. It's unreasonable to expect the thousands of officers to all be perfect. The citizens aren't perfect. If they acted perfectly, we wouldn't need cops. Just my opinion.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
...I'm going to be armed. I can't agree with any law that would make a police officer give up his/her constitutional right to be armed.

This. Disarming LE would be just so wrong. As wrong as disarming us.

LE needs to clean up its own act, not be disarmed.

Put down the crack pipe and seek treatment.
That'd be a damn good way for the entire country to crash into anarchy.

On the upside democrap hunting season would kick off.
Crash into anarchy?

You really think most folk behave in a responsible manner because police are armed?

Kinda like we'd all be howling at the moon and fugging goats if it wasn't for religion.
That's funny Bea, then who would take care of the blacks, muzzies, turd stabbers and illegals?

They would ALL be open season with no bag limit.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
It was a joke!!!! Hahaha!!!!

Got ya!!

(Pap- In case you aren't up to speed, my post was in jest.)

I ain't been up to speed in ever so long.
Originally Posted by rlott

I agree. We should start it in the city/town/county where you live, then you can get back to us in a year with the results.

In the meantime, GFY.

This thread was started for sarcasm, you my friend are one stupid puck
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Crash into anarchy?

You really think most folk behave in a responsible manner because police are armed?

Kinda like we'd all be howling at the moon and fugging goats if it wasn't for religion.

It has less to do with the police being armed and more to do with all of us having the means to keep evil in check.

Do you really think that if the police were disarmed, that we wouldn't be disarmed too?

Those urban war zones would turn into Mad Max worlds and the rest of us would be at the mercy of predators.
© 24hourcampfire