Home
#1 CLEARLY VISABLE EMPTY ANKLE HOLSTER [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#2 HAMMER BACK, SAFETY OFF
[Linked Image]

When I served it was understood that with a distance like this a perp could raise his weapon and fire before you could react.
The failure of the police to use the pulpit of the media press conference to explain is idiotic.
The CoP need to state in no uncertain terms...
"I want to be perfectly clear, It is not in the duty of police officers to be shot at. If you are instructed to drop a weapon by multiple officers and you refuse you will be shot. Yes, officers wear vests, yes we issue tasers, BUT, Mr. Scott was armed with a handgun that was loaded and cocked. He DID NOT have his back to officers, but to a camera in an empty patrol car. He had ample opportunities to drop the weapon and did not. My officers did what they were trained to do, they did what I would have done and they did what was legally and morally correct. I am proud of them and specifically I applaude officer Vinson for his sharp actions in protecting his fellow officers."
Don't bring a .380 to a .40 fight.
Don't be stupid with the cops!
That Christmas is right around the corner, and N igglybears need to beat the rush.
I watched the released police video and while an ankle holster is visible, it doesn't show where the gun was. Maybe it was in the guy's hand, but it will take another video to show that.

I don't like the idea that the mere presence of a gun, or an empty holster, justifies being shot by police. Even so, the suspect in this case, as in most other cases, could have easily avoided being shot by cooperating and following police orders.
The perp was told 12 times in 38 seconds to DROP his gun. That indicates it wan't in his ankle holster. In fact the Colt Mustang was cocked and off safe.
Let's go back and review how to survive any police contact:

1. Obey all law enforcement commands.

2. Follow Rule #1 judiciously.

3. If you feel you were unfairly treated or targeted, file a citizens complaint and follow up with them.
the cops were adjacent to the vehicle looking inside prior to him getting out.
after the shooting the pistol is on the ground.
so either he got out unarmed and was shot and then the police took the gun out of the car and planted it beside the body in the presence of 4 officers wearing cameras...WHILE THE WIFE VIDEOS IT...or he had it in his hand down by his side.
your choice.
[Linked Image]
Or the gun could have been in his belt, or some other location on him besides being in his hand.

Nevertheless, the fact that the guy had an ankle holster proves he had a gun and calls into question the wife's statement that he didn't own a gun. It's possible she didn't know, but highly unlikely.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The perp was told 12 times in 38 seconds to DROP his gun. That indicates it wan't in his ankle holster. In fact the Colt Mustang was cocked and off safe.

3. If you feel you were unfairly treated or targeted, file a citizens complaint and follow up with them.

That all makes perfect sense to you and me, but the type of people protesting think it's all a police conspiracy. If there's video showing the guy had the gun in his hand, then that might settle things down.
a cocked and unsafed Colt in the waistband?
so...the cops what saw him in the car saw the ankle holster with him seated?
Chery picking obscure possibilities to fabricate a scene other than what happened makes you sound like his attorney.
cops saw the pistol.
told him to drop it.
if it was in his waistband or pocket he would have shown his empty hands.
this guy was looking to show out thinking the cops wouldn't shoot him and he timed it wrong.
his old lady said this...he doesn't own a gun or HABITUALLY carry one.
so he occasionally carries so some else's?
most right handed people carry a ankle rig inside on the left leg.
he had a right handed rig.
my bet is he was left handed and making due with the right hand rig.
Originally Posted by MacLorry

That all makes perfect sense to you and me, but the type of people protesting think it's all a police conspiracy. If there's video showing the guy had the gun in his hand, then that might settle things down.

You're really dumb enough to believe that?

Did the ME report that proved mike browns hands were not up when he was shot settle things down in furgeson
Looked to me like he had the gun in his left hand and walked back, to hide the gun from them. Look at the vid again, but pay close attention to his left hand. I think most people look for a weapon in the right hand.
and I'll bet a shoebox full of shrimp he converted to ISLAM in prison.

there is no explanation that would be suitable to the protesters, except a lie
I'm not judging the cops or defending the guy, but the released video is not clear enough to convince protesters who believe there's a police conspiracy. The family making statements that the guy had a book in his hand rather than a gun feeds into that conspiracy.
Originally Posted by gitem_12

You're really dumb enough to believe that?

Did the ME report that proved mike browns hands were not up when he was shot settle things down in furgeson

To believe what; that the protesters think there's a police cover up? What rock have you been hiding under?
No, to think the rioters (they aren't protesters ) will calm down.
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

there is no explanation that would be suitable to the protesters, except a lie

I agree that people who believe in a conspiracy are the most difficult to dissuade as they can always widen the conspiracy to account for contrary facts.

However, videos showing a perp had a gun have quelled violent protests in the past, and I believe, would go a long way in this case. So if the cops have such a video they should release it, investigation or not. There's public safety to be concerned with.
Originally Posted by gitem_12
No, to think the rioters (they aren't protesters ) will calm down.

They did in Ferguson when one of the rioters was shot dead by cops. The dead rioter's father was saying he didn't have a gun and was inciting more rioting. The next day the cops released a surveillance video showing the guy had a gun and that took the wind out of that part of the Ferguson protests.

If clear video evidence doesn't quell violent protests then all the people calling for dash and body cameras are the dumb ones.
black radio and Facebook don't have fact checkers to force reality into their thick skulls?

reality is that if you have a book or two empty hands you better GD show them when 4 cops in body armour are yelling at you.

now someone explain this to me...
IF he drove to the bus stop to get his kid how did his wife know what was going on all the way from the apartment and in time to walk there with her phone to video?
because he called her and told her to come Video what was happening. that's why he waited to get out of the car till she arrived.
he didn't think the cops could shoot him if he didn't raise the gun.
he misjudged the situation and paid for it.
Or the gun could have been in his belt, or some other location on him besides being in his hand.

Nevertheless, the fact that the guy had an ankle holster proves he had a gun and calls into question the wife's statement that he didn't own a gun. It's possible she didn't know, but highly unlikely.

In her own cel phone vid you can hear her yelling at him to not do it. She knew he had a gun.
If the cops were telling him to drop the gun, I'm going to have to believe it was in his hands. Duh.
She's telling him not to do "it." What is it?

Sounds like something pre-planned. Otherwise, if she knew nothing about it, why wouldn't she say something like "I'm here" or "I'll help you" or "Do what they say" or "Just lay down." Or a million other things besides "Don't Do It!"

It would seem like they had discussed something beforehand. At the very least, she knew at that point he had a gun in his hands.

If he actually had a book in his hands as she said, and she knew that to be true at the time, who would ever say to someone "Don't Do It!"
First thing y'all need to know is the Black Lives Matter types have zero interest in facts or truth. They only want to hear what keeps them rioting.
I'm positive it was a bible in his hand...... crazy
Photos should have been released awhile back.
The rioter's are not protesters! They are rioter's, aka domestic terrorists, and should be treated as such. If they want to protest obey the laws while protesting...real simple in my mind!
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I'm positive it was a bible in his hand...... crazy

I love to be proven right...
In an interview with the station WCSC Thursday night, Scott's mother, Vernita Scott Walker, said the book her son was reading in his truck was the Quran, which he used to do every day while waiting to pick up his son from school.

'He loved to read that book,' Mrs Walker said of the holy text of Islam.

Scott's mother also revealed that just before a black police officer shot him, the 43-year-old dialed his mother's number one last time.

The call from Keith Scott came in at 2.22pm Tuesday and went to voicemail, which consisted of noises and the man apparently stating his middle name, 'Lamont.'
I'm not judging the cops or defending the guy, but the released video is not clear enough to convince protesters who believe there's a police conspiracy. The family making statements that the guy had a book in his hand rather than a gun feeds into that conspiracy.

Where's the book?
I highly doubt there is a book. Generally a guy with a book is a low level threat....
He was sitting in his car getting high.
cops came around and he called or texted his wife and told her to get down there and video it.
he planned to get out and goad the cops into taseing him or being rough with him.
that's what "Don't do it" was about.
His wife was reading the situation more clearly and realized he was in more danger than he knew.
he was looking to get a payday.
I think you nailed it.
Originally Posted by ringworm
He was sitting in his car getting high.
cops came around and he called or texted his wife and told her to get down there and video it.
he planned to get out and goad the cops into taseing him or being rough with him.
that's what "Don't do it" was about.
His wife was reading the situation more clearly and realized he was in more danger than he knew.
he was looking to get a payday.

Believable.

Wonder who has his phone?
"Noises and Lamont" for mom. He was higher than a kite.
there is no explanation that would be suitable to the protesters, except a [s]lie[/s] an admission of guilt by the cops and immediate hanging
might be what you meant
© 24hourcampfire