Home
Posted By: jeffbird Dear NFL - 09/29/16
Dear spoiled oppressed NFL multi-millionaires,

please point out who should have their offensive flag removed?

[Linked Image]

Posted By: centershot Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
+1 Stand up and take your cap off when you hear the National Anthem.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
Amen!
Posted By: Higginez Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
Big +2!!!
Posted By: T LEE Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
AMEN again!

EFF the NFL.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
Maybe one of the folks who runs an NFL stadium could post that photo on the big screen during the playing of our anthem.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
Originally Posted by T LEE
AMEN again!

EFF the NFL.

Huge +1!
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
Dear NFL: GFY
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
Putting a casket with one of my Soldiers in it on a plane like that was one of the hardest things I ever did.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
I wrote the NFL commissioner about my thoughts on this Flag mess. He has not responded yet.
Posted By: byc Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
It's not just the NFL. It's high school, college sports and even our own military now. You going to boycott all of that?

Kids can't wear shirts with the flag to school. Folks, this started a very long time ago. Way before the NFL.

Likely just a matter of time where it's all walks of life.

I bet there are a couple of these wacko's right here on the fire.

Bottom line...All of you may as well become NASCAR fans! laugh

Posted By: mark shubert Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
I'll hit every unpatriotic American citizen that I can -
squarely in the pocketbook! (Seems it's a crime to hit them in the mouth, as they deserve)
Posted By: byc Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
start with this one:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ed-to-salute-during-the-national-anthem/

or all of these high schoolers:

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/kneel-national-anthem-madison-wisconsin-high-school

or let's go way back:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute

I could go on all day with examples like these and it ain't all NFL. I don't like it either but this one get away from us a very long time ago. Respect should have been a part of unity!!

Just sayin!

Posted By: fredIII Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Dear NFL: GFY

Thiis

I will not watch a game intell the league puts these turds out on their spoiled asses.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Dear NFL - 09/29/16
In addition to those willing to demonstrate disrespect for our anthem and flag, the leadership of the NFL is WEAK and feckless. If they had an iota of leadership ability and some backbone, they would step up and state something definitive, like maybe:

"We recognize that individuals paid to perform in this league have a right, and even responsibility, to address felt concerns about social issues in our country. Any such problems we may have as a nation are better resolved when citizens address them openly. However, this country has become great because it values and protects our rights, including our right of free speech. Our anthem and flag are symbols of such values and freedoms. People in this league are free to demonstrate their concerns and speak out on issues of concern but they, in every instance, must demonstrate respect and honor our national symbols at all NFL sponsored events."

Any number of young kids I know could and would assemble such comment, so how difficult could it be for an adult being paid millions to act like a leader?
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Dear NFL - 09/30/16
Vote with your $$$$$$$.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Dear NFL - 09/30/16
Jeffbird: I got the following E-mail today regarding Dalls Cowboy owners directive to ALL his players, coaches and staff!

Jerry Jones - good for you!

Article: KUDOS TO DALLAS COWBOY OWNER JERRY JONES:
> Jerry Jones, Owner of the Dallas Cowboys called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them,
> "You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage! You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country's National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Dallas Cowboy, a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys or have any association with the Dallas Cowboy Organization! I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!"

End quote.

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Dear NFL - 09/30/16
Originally Posted by byc
It's not just the NFL. It's high school, college sports and even our own military now. You going to boycott all of that?

Kids can't wear shirts with the flag to school. Folks, this started a very long time ago. Way before the NFL.

Likely just a matter of time where it's all walks of life.

I bet there are a couple of these wacko's right here on the fire.

Bottom line...All of you may as well become NASCAR fans! laugh

This is all a result of Obongo and the azzhats who voted for him twice.
And this: colon craperneck GFY!
You spoiled, idiotic, myopic, ignorant, chip on your chump shoulder, backward hat kalifornicationkopian!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: byc Re: Dear NFL - 09/30/16
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
And this: colon craperneck GFY!
You spoiled, idiotic, myopic, ignorant, chip on your chump shoulder, backward hat kalifornicationkopian!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Hang on there Papino. Didn't a few SEA players also boycott? Maybe Lane for example? And Bennett calling for white guys to get involved? Where's your boycott for your own dudes and their racial goals?

It don't work that way man!! But then this place is a hypocritical mess!

I don't support what any of these people are doing BUT I'm about done with the hypocrisy. Especially, here!
Posted By: mustanggt Re: Dear NFL - 09/30/16
I really don't think the NFL cares that they are alienating millions of NFL fans. They are so arrogant and stupid to lose millions of dollars all because of one spoiled brat millionaire and the whirlwind he has unleashed. Will there be repercussions for the NFL's actions? Doubt it. The momentum has built too fast on the destruction of our country.
Posted By: kududude Re: Dear NFL - 09/30/16

Pretty simple: GFY and everyone associated with which you are associated. Period.

kd

Byc: Hold onto your pony there byc, my comments are not only for colon craperneck - they are for ANYONE and EVERYONE who blatantly disrespects this countries National Anthem or this countries Flag!
Maybe YOU are NOT aware that colon craperneck started this whole disrespectful conduct?
So indeed he's a target.
And if he can dish it out he better be able to take the backlash!
By the way your exit will certainly NOT be missed!
I stand by my post 100%!
In fact I think I will repeat it to maybe hasten your departure.

"And this: colon craperneck GFY!"
"You spoiled, idiotic, myopic, ignorant, chip on your chump shoulder, backward hat kalifornicationkopian"!

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: ShurshotOH Re: Dear NFL - 10/01/16
Byc: Hold onto your pony there byc, my comments are not only for colon craperneck - they are for ANYONE and EVERYONE who blatantly disrespects this countries National Anthem or this countries Flag!
Maybe YOU are NOT aware that colon craperneck started this whole disrespectful conduct?
So indeed he's a target.
And if he can dish it out he better be able to take the backlash!
By the way your exit will certainly NOT be missed!
I stand by my post 100%!
In fact I think I will repeat it to maybe hasten your departure.

"And this: colon craperneck GFY!"
"You spoiled, idiotic, myopic, ignorant, chip on your chump shoulder, backward hat kalifornicationkopian"!

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

^^^^^^ we agree ^^^^^^
Posted By: jeffbird Re: Dear NFL - 10/02/16

Jeffbird: I got the following E-mail today regarding Dalls Cowboy owners directive to ALL his players, coaches and staff!

Jerry Jones - good for you!

Article: KUDOS TO DALLAS COWBOY OWNER JERRY JONES:
> Jerry Jones, Owner of the Dallas Cowboys called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them,
> "You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage! You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country's National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Dallas Cowboy, a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys or have any association with the Dallas Cowboy Organization! I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!"

End quote.

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Thanks for sharing that. I checked the Dallas Morning News online this morning and they are running a story on this issue, and include an unsurprising response from NBA owner and Hillary supporter Mark Cuban. Interesting and stark contrast between the two owners.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...-ahead-matchup-vs-colin-kaepernick-49ers

A few clips from the article:

It's clear what the Cowboys brass thinks. Garrett and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones have spoken publicly about their respect for the American flag and the national anthem.

Following Dallas' season opener, Jones congratulated the Cowboys on KRLD-FM 105.3 The Fan for not taking part in the protest and called it disappointing to use the visibility of the NFL for anything other than supporting contributors to the flag.

"The value that we have for the flag, the value that we have for the national anthem, I think it's really, really important," Garrett said. "Our team has chosen to handle it the way we've chosen to handle it. In general, athletes using the platform that they have and the voice that they have in the community can be a positive thing.

"We did something as a team. ... We came out arm-and-arm with the police chief and the mayor of Dallas. We had the families of the victims in Oxnard with us. ... We thought that was an important demonstration to show our support for the police force and what they do in our communities."

Witten has pointed to a letter that he carries in his backpack. It's written by University of Texas System Chancellor Bill McRaven. Garrett has acknowledged reading it.

A retired Navy Admiral who was the architect of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, McRaven urged his athletes to stand for the anthem, according to The Texas Tribune.

"While no one should be compelled to stand, they should recognize that by sitting in protest to the flag they are disrespecting everyone who sacrificed to make this country what it is today -- as imperfect as it might be," he wrote in August.

McRaven also lauded the value of freedom of speech and noted, "Those that believe the flag represents oppression should remember all the Americans who fought to eliminate bigotry, racism, sexism, imperialism, communism and terrorism."

Witten pointed to McRaven's overall message and said: "What we've done as a country over the years, it's not perfect by any means, but continue to honor that and working through it, that's something that I'm proud of."

Locally, with the Mavericks preparing to start their NBA season, owner Mark Cuban and coach Rick Carlisle made it clear this week that they will support whatever their players decide to do -- if anything -- regarding making a protest or statement.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Dear NFL - 10/02/16
M Cuban is a serious POS!
© 24hourcampfire