Home

to bitch about the flu shot.

Continue...
Got my flu shot today, so nothing to bitch about.
I only get one when the wife is pregnant or the current child is less than a year.

Might get to skip it this year.

I guess people react poorly to it, but I cant even find the needle spot the next day.
We will wait another month or so.
Is it still given up the butt by a nurse going by the name of Carl?
Originally Posted by add

Only for walt, piddler, and a few others.
I don't get flu shots.
Half the time they give shots for the wrong type of flu.
Plus there can be negative side effects.

Has worked for me for 65 years, your mileage may vary.
I'll pass....thanks. I prefer to get the flu "organically". 😉
Never gotten one. Don't see the need.
Originally Posted by add
Apparently only in your world.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by add
Apparently only in your world.
But then again when you ask for it like that.......
By the way, speaking of the flu shot argument, where has Rattler been? He was the premier flu shot advocate. Along with Rocket Doc.
It is not on my schedule.
always get one, never had a bad time with one.

Don't see a down side to it.

YMMV.
I have trouble accepting anything that is a hit - or (more likely) miss proposition.
I get one for free every year. Doc comes to us.
I work at a hospital it is mandatory for us.
@ 53 years I have yet to get one. Mebbe some day.
I've gotten mine since I was in my 20s, around folks that had lowered immunities almost all my life.

Intersetingly I"ve not had the flu since I was about the age to start the shots.

Don't konw what that says if anything, wife is same way since we met. Same results.

Could be that we never would have gotten it, even if we'd have never had the shots thoguh too. We only have about 25 years or so of experiences.

Never a negative effect.

The folks I work with, probably 30 or so folks, or more, mostly get the shots too, and while I can't comment if any got hte flu, I've never heard of a negative side effect that so many seem to complain of.

As long as I have older folks at home and work EMS/FIRE stuff I'll continue to protect myself the best way I can... TB/Hep etc..... also are done as needed...
Got mine a few weeks ago, the Super Duper Uber 4-strain shot. Supposed to be their best guess and protect against 4 strains that could go nuts this year.

I've had the flu, twice, never want it again. Both times missed about 10 days of work. If I can get a shot that's covered by my insurance that will prevent it, sign me up....
Originally Posted by EdM
We will wait another month or so.

Same here, it is recommended for us older folks. That or two a year.
never have had one, last time i got the flu was in 89.
My 20th mandatory flu shot will be here soon, I'm sure. It will be the last one I have to get, since retirement from the Army will be a few short months away!
Got flu and pneumonia yesterday and the Shingles vaccine last year. I am an old fart and am having too much fun not to hedge my bets. Science is a good thing, do not be afraid, no one lives forever but I don't wish to die stupid.

mike r
As T says, us older folks are supposed to get them. Saw the doc yesterday and she reminded me. I asked her if she got one, and she said she's required, so I got one. I've also had Pneumonia and Shingles just to be on the safe side. I've gotten the flu shot very few times in my life and I've had the flu very few times in my life. I'm not convinced I need it but I'm old, have diabetes and what ever else she listed as a reason to get it. smile
I got one yesterday. No big deal, I forgot, and was wondering why my upper arm was a bit sore.
© 24hourcampfire