Home
Posted By: jimy Flags at half mast? - 09/30/16
I've been outta touch for a couple days, why are the flags flying at half mast today?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Flags at half mast? - 09/30/16
I was wondering that as well.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Flags at half mast? - 09/30/16
President Obama Orders Flags Flown at Half-Staff in Rare Tribute to Shimon Peres
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Flags at half mast? - 09/30/16
I would of lost money on that bet..
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Flags at half mast? - 09/30/16
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I would of lost money on that bet..

Same here, my son asked me about it today, and he wondered if it was for him. I told him I doubted the President would of ordered it for that.
Posted By: Penobscot_99 Re: Flags at half mast? - 09/30/16
Originally Posted by ironbender
President Obama Orders Flags Flown at Half-Staff in Rare Tribute to Shimon Peres

Phu gg that BS!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Flags at half mast? - 09/30/16
Google says it's so.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Flags at half mast? - 09/30/16
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
Originally Posted by ironbender

Phu gg that BS!

Well I agree Shimon Peres was no Whitney Houston, but he was no Nelson Mandela either. I guess Obama was not a Prince fan.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Flags at half mast? - 10/01/16
Meaning no disrespect to Shamone Peres, when I see the flag flying at half mast, and can't immediately figure why.... my response is that it is being flown that way for respect and reverence for the way our nation is dying, courtesy of the liberal left.
Posted By: jimy Re: Flags at half mast? - 10/01/16
I was thinking it was a sign that the New York Jews needed a small reminder to vote democrat, even after the Obama giving nukes to the Iranians. cool
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Flags at half mast? - 10/01/16
Maybe I'm wrong about this, but although he was a great ally, he wasn't American. I think that honor should be reserved for Americans.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Flags at half mast? - 10/01/16
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Maybe I'm wrong about this, but although he was a great ally, he wasn't American. I think that honor should be reserved for Americans.

I wonder if he will order that if Assad dies?
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Flags at half mast? - 10/01/16
Some research shows that the flag was flown at half mast for these events:
7/18/16 Baton Rouge, 7-15 Nice, France, 7-8 Dallas cops, 6-12 Orlanda attack,
5-30 Mem. Day, 5-12 Peace Officer Mem. Day, 3-22 Brussels attack, 3-7 Nancy Reagan, 2-13 Antonin Scalia,

12-3-15 San Bernardino attack, 11-15 Paris attacks, 10-4 Fallen Fire Fighters, 10-2 Roseburg, OR. attack, 9-11 Patriots Day, 7-13 Chatanooga attack, 5-25 Mem. Day, 5-15 Peace Offocer Day, 4-15 Ab. Lincoln,

12-76-14 Pearl Harbor Day

I'm not so sure those European attacks deserve half mast.
Posted By: GerryGore Re: Flags at half mast? - 10/01/16
He was only a great ally because of the billions of dollars in free handouts from the US.
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Flags at half mast? - 10/01/16
It's only political capital...O could give a [bleep] about anything Israeli.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Flags at half mast? - 10/01/16
Why would Zero do this to acknowledge a former Israeli pres. He has snubbed and otherwise chitt on the current Israeli pres.
© 24hourcampfire