Home
My favorite college team, the University of Washington Huskies (ranked #10 - now at 5 and 0), sure put it to the Stanford Cardinal (ranked #7 now at 3 and 1) tonight beating them at Husky stadium 44 to 6!
And believe me it was NOT that close.
I must admit that the Stanford team was missing one of their first string running backs but the Husky defense just CRUSHED the Cardinal offense in every possible way.
And their offense looked very well indeed.
In the recent past the Cardinal have put a whoopin on the Huskies very regularly so this is payback time.
Look for the Huskies to go up in the national rankings.
GO HUSKIES!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
That was very impressive.
Looks like the coaching change is starting to come to fruition.
#10? crazy

That ain't the way to have a DYNASTY!!! Book It!!!
#10 just whooped #7......book it. 😉
Washington-Stanford was no match.

Toledo-BYU was a good game, though. Decided on last play of game.
Stanford looked like my UGA Bulldogs last week. Lol. Outclassed at every turn.

Congrats to the Huskies. They have some amazing talent on that team.
I like Chris Petersen,

but, HUCK THE FUSKIES.
I'm with you Blu. Can't stand the Huskies. But damn, they looked good.

Peterson is a hell of a ball coach and he seems to run his program the right way. Gotta respect that. Wish UGA had hired him.lol.

Hope the Cougs can get back into the running against Oregon today.
Watched some. I figured Huskies would win, but not like that. They are even better than I thought.

I like Jake Browning. Watched him last year and thought this kid could be really good.....
Never seen so many white people playing football at one time, thought I was watching Utah vs BYU...
Deerwhacker: I thought I noticed the same thing about the Cardinal team?
I mean it was glaringly obvious the lack of young black athletes!
Does Stanford actually hold their students to academic standards to play on their team?
If so kudos to them for that.
GO HUSKIES!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Michigan State, Stanford, Wisconsin, lotta white boys......

Originally Posted by BluMtn
HUCK THE FUSKIES.

Spoken like a Coug . . .

Good to see the Dawgs get their mojo back. Class of '85 alum myself.
Muskegman: Both of our sons decided to attend college out in Washington State.
One graduated from the University of Washington in 2,000 and the other graduated from Washington State University in 2,001!
So at Apple Cup time "diplomacy" is often involved.
I have been a Husky fan since I was a grade schooler back when the Huskies so often went to the Rose Bowl or were top contenders for same.
Later I got to meet and spend time in the homes of both Jim Owens and Don James - two men who were more than just coaches for the "U"!
I am NOT the best evaluator of athletic talent/teams but I was SO impressed with every aspect of the Huskies game yesterday against a #7 ranked team.
GO HUSKIES!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Washington looked very good - reflected the skills and values of the new coach on both sides of the ball. This bodes well for upcoming seasons if he stays there. Last coach to do well at UW was Don James. He was a coacher of coaches and delegated quite a bit. Peterson seems to have more direct control.

Stanford looked much worse than they really are - seemed like they never came up to full speed/strength - maybe overwhelmed/intimidated at the top and never got going. Stanford coach seems like a good guy - up front and straightforward -clearly disappointed with their effort.

Other PAC teams may not be able to match the UW line play. It will be interesting to see how UW does against a hotter offense.
My brother is a Husky alum. He's in heaven. If they beat the Ducks (my alum) this year he's gonna pee himself. And they probably WILL beat the Ducks. Ugh.
makes me glad the Huskies didn't beat the Arizona Wildcats any worse than they did!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Class of 1990, here!

Go Dawgs!
WOOF!
Its good to see the Dawgs back in the hunt. Lets hope they can keep it up and run the table on the Pac 12 and go back to the Rose Bowl.

Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Its good to see the Dawgs back in the hunt. Lets hope they can keep it up and run the table on the Pac 12 and go back to the Rose Bowl.

So, were the dogs under-rated, or Stanford seriously over-rated?

CWU alum here...
UW has been ranked highly since the season began. Stanford was their first "real" test. I'd say they passed with flying colors lol.

I'd say an over confident Stanford squad ran into a very motivated UW team on home turf and simply got knocked on their azz from jump.
The coach stealing bastridges are looking good. Best of luck to them and Coach Pete.
bump
So, they won their conference - big, hairy deal. (I'm playing the part of the committee. frown )
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by BluMtn
HUCK THE FUSKIES.

Spoken like a Coug . . .

Dang - another Husky here - class of '86...
© 24hourcampfire