Home
I have to do an all-nighter tonight to help babysit a new software upgrade, but notice a whole lot of people viewing the various forums. Makes sense that folks on the other side of the world might be viewing but who else is up and checking in on the fire from 1:45 PT through 4:45 Eastern? And do your parents know you’re awake...? whistle
Well some of us are at work and bored.
I'm one of those folks on the other side of the world. It was 4:45 PM here when you posted. I need to finish a little work, then the boys and I are headed into the city to do some shopping and have dinner. Maybe walk along the beach afterwards. The week long "National Day" holiday has just started. Don't know if we'll do any traveling though, the boys just want to hang around the house.
Unfortunately up here.
Sciatic nerve hammering my right leg makes sure I am up at all hours.
Awake and browsing here in southern New Mexico. BobinNH is probably out there somewhere, too. laugh
Worked 7PM to 7AM for many years. After I retired I kept the same scheduel.
Up and down all night. I miss the days of being able to sleep 8 hours and getting up. Now it's two to four hours, up for a bit and then back to sleep again.
I'm often up, unable to sleep do to arthritis pain. Thankfully that was not last night. Up at about 4:45 or 5am every day anyway though.
woke up at 3,30 am but i fell asleep a little after 8.
I was up at 3:30, but just now looked at the 'fire'. Today is the opening day of squirrel and bow season. Gonna chase the limb chickens this morning. Got coffee ready for some friends that will show up in a few minutes.

Yall have fun and be careful (that's an oxymoron)
Originally Posted by stxhunter
woke up at 3,30 am but i fell asleep a little after 8.

I have Roger's hours and the same damned problem. I used to load at night when it cools off but lately I just read and learn.
Once in while I get out of bed around 0400 and stay up. Our alarms go off at 0500 anyway
Worked an early day shift for many years.

I've been retired for almost four years, but STILL wake up about 4:00 most every morning.

Nothing like checking out Campfire early.

Virgil B.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I'm often up, unable to sleep do to arthritis pain. Thankfully that was not last night. Up at about 4:45 or 5am every day anyway though.

Have you tried drinking "TART" cherry juice? It does work for a lot of people...for me, it worked...before I started drinking it, I'd wake up 2-3 times a night with what felt like rusty nails through my knees...now I generally sleep a solid 7-8 pain free and won't wake up unless I have to get up to pee...It's not a miracle cure, but it does provide a great deal of relief for many...I'm also told it boosts serotonin levels. I was amazed at the difference it made.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Up and down all night. I miss the days of being able to sleep 8 hours and getting up. Now it's two to four hours, up for a bit and then back to sleep again.

Same here on a good night. I am up generally every hour on the hour. Been that way for at least the last 20 plus years since I was 30. I haven't used an alarm clock since then no matter what time zone or foreign country.

It seems like I just wake up in time.

Take 3 Tylenol 650 Mg Arthritic tablets every day....whether you think you need them or not!! Morning, noon, and night!
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Take 3 Tylenol 650 Mg Arthritic tablets every day....whether you think you need them or not!! Morning, noon, and night!

Yeah, fugg the arthritis...let's kill the liver.
Donald Trump
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Donald Trump

During the "13hours" the "BitchOfBenghazi" was having one of her "episodes"!
Maybe having a late night "huma" sandwich!
M-F I get up at 0430 to get ready for work. Usually looking here is the 2nd thing I do.
I am sure Trump is hard at work Tweeting away about Fat Miss Piggy!
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I have to do an all-nighter tonight to help babysit a new software upgrade, but notice a whole lot of people viewing the various forums. Makes sense that folks on the other side of the world might be viewing but who else is up and checking in on the fire from 1:45 PT through 4:45 Eastern? And do your parents know you’re awake...? whistle

Yes, I am up 4 or 5 days a week during those times, and yes sometimes I do check on the Fire, and sometimes I find other ways to entertain myself.

Yes, someone knows I am awake, and no, not my parents. I am hard to ignore, trust me.

I usually go to bed about 10 pm, sleep until 2 or 3 am, wake up and cannot get back to sleep for 2 or 3 hours. I know lots of people that claim to do well with 4 hours of sleep a night but I am not one of them. 7 to 7.5 hours per night seems to do best for me.
My work schedule is Mon - Fri 6 AM to 2:30 PM. In the evening I fall asleep any wheres from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM. I only receive 2 to 4 hours of sleep. Sometimes I'll wake at 10:30 PM and just watch a movie or cruise the internet. I've done this as a kid on a dairy farm and the same as an aircraft mechanic flying missions all hours of the night.

What was the question again ? What is sleep ?

Ken
We aren't calving or irrigating so night time has been easy lately.

I'm up at 3:15 getting ready for work. Usually check the fire before heading out the door.

Ernie
Depends on the day. I'm a night shifeter working 6 to 6, days or nights with days off in between. I sleep mornings after night shift, but stay up a bit after working days. So about 1/4 of my life is spent awake at night. If working nights I get about 4 1/2 to 5 hours of sleep. If working days I might get an extra hour. I think I've been sleep deprived most of my life.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Learned that one the hard way, and man was my Doctor pissed !!!! eek

Followed by what seemed to be a never ending series of blood tests for months on end frown
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

You need to spend a little time doing research and maybe you'll find that the dosage rate above is well within the allowable limits! Of course you can drink a six pack of whatever along with whatever dosage and you can kill yourself much faster!!
© 24hourcampfire