Home
First game of the year that I am actually all pumped up for. These azzholes on TV are talking up Michigan way too much. Scares me. Was worried it was going to rain. I don't think it will now. The rain would probably favor Wisconsin.

I believe Michigan will win. But Wisconsin has a tough D and are very physical. Just ask LSU and Michigan State. There will be some serious hitting going on in this one kids laugh
Badgers are gonna be tough, good luck.
Thanks.

Michigan is favored by 10.5 pts. I think that number is too large, given what Wisconsin has accomplished thus far......
If I were a betting man I'd take the points here.
And that would assure Michigan of a blow out win. grin
I am lifelong Michigan fan and I feel the points would be the smarter bet also.

I wouldn't think it will be real high scoring. Both defenses are very good, and both QBs are young/inexperienced. Although Michigan is missing 5th year senior CB Jeremy Clark, and Wisconsin star linebacker Biegel.

Jabril Peppers may be the X factor in this game. He is as good an around player as there is. Plays corner, safety, linebacker, running back, wide receiver, and returns kicks and punts. He may be the best player in the country...
Originally Posted by muleshoe
And that would assure Michigan of a blow out win. grin

That's good. I like the way you think.

If Michigan can turn Wisconsin into a one dimensional team, by taking away pass and stuffing the line, it is possible. They WILL blitz......
I can't stand Harbaugh, even though I think he's a good coach. Somebody needs to slap the crap out of that guy.
Being an Ohio State fan, my two favorite teams are the Buckeyes, and who ever's playing Michigan, closely followed by who ever's play the Badgers. Here' to the hope these two team beat the living snot out of each other.
I went to the WI/LSU game and expected to see the Badgers get throttled. Didn't happen.
I watched the WI game against MI State and expected the Badgers to get throttled. Didn't happen.

So, I'm gonna go with the Badgers getting throttled one more time today. laugh

Vince Biegel not playing today for the Badgers really hurts.
Good to see both those teams on top.

Should be a great game!
Originally Posted by SKane

So, I'm gonna go with the Badgers getting throttled one more time today.

Bring it............
If the Wolverines get past WI today, I want to see both MI and Ohio State run the table to Saturday Nov. 26.

That'll be a good'n.
I was kinda shocked at the way Wisconsin pushed MSU around. After MSU pushed ND around so badly. Michigan St. is a very weird team, and has a way of looking both great and horrible in the same season.

This should be a very physical game.....
Well I just watched 4-4 "experts" pick Michigan on TV. Could be the kiss of death.....
Harbaugh is a lot smarter than either Les Miles or Mark D'Antonio............the kid QB for WI is going to find out how a constant, full game blitz feels like.

UM will win handily, I fully expect.

Only real question is how many points they score as WI's defense is pretty decent, but I expect them to be on the field a lot & get worn down.

MM
I kinda had that feeling also, Bill. But Wisconsin has looked pretty impressive thus far.

I agree, as stated earlier, I fully expect UM to bring the blitz today, in spades.

Michigan needs to avoid turning ball over. Speight has been late with some passes and got away with it. He won't vs. Wisconsin. Michigan needs to use Chesson more. He is fastest player on the field.

Michigan may have to play a freshman corner today. Which I actually look forward to, as they have 2 absolute studs in Hill and Long in waiting.

If I were Wisconsin, I'd not kich ball directly to Jabril Peppers. The kid is dynamite.....
If there is one coach I truly can't stand it is Brian Kelly of ND. The guy just seems like a miserable human being. Or maybe that is just my poor, limited impression.

He may just be done after this year. Mich. St. manhandled ND. Then they just lost to.....Duke laugh Now I just watched Syracuse march through ND like water for a TD. This after Kelly just firing his D coordinator.

I hate ND, almost as much as I hate Ohio St. But respect both. Maybe it would be good if Kelly stayed..... grin
I feel the same way about Kelley; smug POS.

Hope the lose all the rest...............butchaknow, ESPN surely won't give up on them. wink

MM
Nuts, I like ND. My cousin went there.

Originally Posted by 2muchgun
If there is one coach I truly can't stand it is Brian Kelly of ND. The guy just seems like a miserable human being. Or maybe that is just my poor, limited impression.

He may just be done after this year. Mich. St. manhandled ND. Then they just lost to.....Duke laugh Now I just watched Syracuse march through ND like water for a TD. This after Kelly just firing his D coordinator.

I hate ND, almost as much as I hate Ohio St. But respect both. Maybe it would be good if Kelly stayed..... grin

ND seems to be overrated very damn year. Much like Stanford.

As coaches go, Harbaugh has to be in the top three. The guy just plain Ol knows how to win.

I dont follow footieball, but when I do I am a Stanford and ND fan!

I will see you on the playground after band class!
Harbaugh was the best hiring Michigan could have ever possibly made. Period. And he has ALL of Wolverine nation behind him 110%.

If Michigan can keep a few guys from entering draft this year, they could be really something next year. Harbaugh has yet to be afforded the luxury of an experienced QB. Or at least one that he has got to mold himself. I swear, it seems like Barrett has been at Ohio St. for about 10 years now. Ol' Urban really worked his QB situation well last few years.....
I'll be headed to the game shortly after 2:00pm today - glad it's not going to rain. I hate 3:30 starts - messes up the whole day.

Go Blue !
Michigan has a slight edge offensively but everything else points to a Badger win. They are physical on both sides of the ball. Bielema found out after going to Arkansas that those big, corn fed, white boys are tougher than your average player. Ain't none to be found in Arkansas! powdr
Agreed on that. That is what worries me. Michigan easily has the "flashier" players, but football is won in the trenches.

Michigan's D line ain't too shabby though.......
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Should be a great game!
Hmmm...not above Ohio State!
Michigan will cover the spread. Lewis is back. He and Jabril will shut down any passing game. The new kid Gary is fast coming around the end. I expect Michigan's D to score. Their offense, while starting slow in recent games, are the 3rd most productive in the nation right now.

Wisconsin has the beef though. #64 looks like he ate a bus. Their running back is good too. The freshman quaterback did well against a diminished MSU secondary. We'll see what he does against one of the best in the nation.

Wife went to UM and sister went to UW. Things are getting a bit sporty here as we lead up to kick-off.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Should be a great game!
Hmmm...not above Ohio State!

Against who, Rutgers? Too much red.
7-0 Michigan....
Wow what dirty hit by Wisconsin. Took the guys knees out.....
Hope Michigan wins. It will help out the Aggies in the Top 25 rankings grin
Wow. Michigan has missed 3 mid-range FGs. With 2 different kickers now.

I expected a low scoring defensive battle, and squandering 9 points just may end up biting them in the a$$.....
Michigan FG kickers are keeping WI in the game. laugh
TD Meeeeeechigan......
Man Michigan has some seriously hot cheerleaders.......so I am told........
Michigan FG kickers are keeping WI in the game. laugh

That's TFF!
This game has been pretty fugly offensively. But that is clearly because it features 2 really tough defenses.

Neither QB has ever seen so much pressure.....
Picked off!
If Michigan can somehow pull this out, Harbaugh needs to have a come-to-Jesus with his kicking staff and O line. Why the best kicker on the team is on the bench, I don't know. Quinn Norden is the guy that Harbaugh slept over his house when recruiting. Canon for a leg.

Wisconsin is as tough as nails. Watt is a beast like his brother. I shudder to think of what would've happened if they had that injured LB playing. My analysis above was way off.
Now THAT was an interception!
WOW what a pick by Jourdan Lewis.

Catch of the year.....
Originally Posted by tmitch
Now THAT was an interception!

Best cover corner in the game....
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
If Michigan can somehow pull this out, Harbaugh needs to have a come-to-Jesus with his kicking staff and O line. Why the best kicker on the team is on the bench, I don't know. Quinn Norden is the guy that Harbaugh slept over his house when recruiting. Canon for a leg.

Wisconsin is as tough as nails. Watt is a beast like his brother. I shudder to think of what would've happened if they had that injured LB playing. My analysis above was way off.

Wisconsin D-line did not fare any better. Both Ds are beyond good. Wisconsin has great linebackers.

Nordin is fresh out of high school. He may be the starting kicker sooner than later.

Badgers play Buckeyes next, in Madison. I will definitely be interested. Wisconsin has a pretty tough schedule.

I thought Michigan was clearly the more talented team, at least at the skill positions. But Wisconsin D is the real deal. As is the Wolverine D.....

Who can post a video of that SICK interception by Lewis? I am having technical difficulties.....
Maybe this one will work.....

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...wis-catch-michigan-interception-one-hand
Worked for me. Lions should draft him!
He11 yeah, they need a cover corner.....
Who can post a video of that SICK interception by Lewis? I am having technical difficulties.....

better yet, who can post a vid of the "roughing the snapper" penalty?

First down........

Good lord.
Will be interested to see how far Wisconsin drops. It shouldn't be much IMO. Florida St. got their balls beat off by Louisville and only dropped to twelve. Wisconsin did not get embarrassed, nor close, on the road against one of the best defenses in the game......
Roughing the snapper, sounds like a video I watched at a bachelor party.
Yeah, that was weak.......
I may have been flagged for that once or twice, but not on the football field laugh
That was quite a pick!

If a feller tuned in to see some offense today, he was likely quite disappointed.

While it certainly had no bearing on the outcome, WTH was that call for roughing the Michigan long snapper?
I understand the rule and the reason for it but that's not even close to what that was - but I digress.

Nice win for the Wolverines.
I think it looked worse than it was. He looked off balance when he snapped the ball. Weak call IMO.....

If a feller tuned in to see some offense today, he was likely quite disappointed.

Funny how a good defense can make an offense look so bad, Offensively this game looked like the Keystone Kops were playing.

Wisconsin had 2.5 yards per carry and 88 yards passing.

avg of 22 yards passing per Q, Wow.
That was quite a pick!

While it certainly had no bearing on the outcome, WTH was that call for roughing the Michigan long snapper?

No bearing? It converted a 4th down punt to an automatic first down with a 15 yard penalty, very next pass is a TD.

Game changer, not to mention absolute horrible call.

Flag football, here we come.
Absolutely. Michigan was scoring nearly 45 a game before today. Defense wins games. Ugly or not. I like watching 2 good Ds play. Wisconsin LBs played phenomenal, even when missing one of the best LBs in the nation.....
I guess you could call it a game changer, but that TD was a long bomb. Its not like they were in the red zone or it was a gimme. Michigan had 21 first downs to Wisconsin's 8. And Michigan had over double what Wisconsin had in total yards. Not to mention 3 interceptions and 3 missed FGs. Without sounding like a homer, I feel I can say Michigan was the better team today......
No sour grapes here at all, seriously.

Good game, outcome in question till the final pick.

88 yards and 3 turnovers on the road, You lose.
That was quite a pick!

I understand the rule and the reason for it but that's not even close to what that was - but I digress.

Nice win for the Wolverines.

You ever see a roughed up snapper? It'll traumatize you for life. You might even turn to the priesthood. Yeah, it's that bad. I'd flag it every time.

Badgers are a good team. Hope to see them in Indy.
Originally Posted by Kenneth
No sour grapes here at all, seriously.

Good game, outcome in question till the final pick.

88 yards and 3 turnovers on the road, You lose.

Hey, you have the Packers, I have the Lions. Cut me some slack laugh
I would like to see Clemson win now, and move Louisville down a few notches in the polls.

Number 10 on Clemson defense is a beast. Forgot his name but love him....
[video:youtube]v=c60QkyKwrq4[/video]
Thats what I was wanting. Thanks.

Funny, Harbaugh put his head down because he caught it instead of knocking it down on 4th down. I must admit, I was thinking same thing at the time.

But afterward, in press conference, Harbaugh said he was glad he caught it just because that catch will remain a highlight forever. I agree......
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Being an Ohio State fan, my two favorite teams are the Buckeyes, and who ever's playing Michigan, closely followed by who ever's play the Badgers. Here' to the hope these two team beat the living snot out of each other.

The Michigan-Ohio State game is gonna be one 'ellava game.

Go Blue!
If the Wolverines get past WI today, I want to see both MI and Ohio State run the table to Saturday Nov. 26.

That'll be a good'n.

Checking their schedules, it looks likely that they will both run the table. I'm gonna be watching that game in spite of the fact that it will be deer season here in Michigan.

Go Blue!
Originally Posted by Kenneth
That was quite a pick!

No bearing? It converted a 4th down punt to an automatic first down with a 15 yard penalty, very next pass is a TD.

Game changer, not to mention absolute horrible call.

Flag football, here we come.

They could have played through the night, still be playing this morning, and WI would not have found the end zone.
Hence the "no bearing". smile
Dick, for years Michigan-Ohio State has been one of our Deer Camp rituals. In the years before TV it involved a trip to somewhere that had one.....now we all just gather at my place.
Yes. It is maybe the one game worth interrupting deer season for. When I look back, there have been some truly great moments/games....
Yes. It is maybe the one game worth interrupting deer season for. When I look back, there have been some truly great moments/games....

That will be on November 26th, I can afford to miss the afternoon hunt. I might be at someone's party that day!
I was nice to see a couple of teams that understand how to play defense....unlike the Big 12's flag football defensive schemes.

Originally Posted by SSB
Dick, for years Michigan-Ohio State has been one of our Deer Camp rituals. In the years before TV it involved a trip to somewhere that had one.....now we all just gather at my place.

We've had season tickets for 20 years now as the wife is an alum. I've never been to an Ohio State game. Deer season takes priority every time. No regrets 'cept in '96. Seen just about every one from a bar north of the 45th parallel though! cool

© 24hourcampfire