Home
Like the Timex I bought for $30 so far. Getting a new band soon.

Also going to grab this Casio and get a new band for it too: Casio Diver (Submariner clone)

This Citizen CTO looks nice as does this Promaster Diver.

What do you all like? I like watches with large cases as I'm 6'4" and anything small to medium looks ridiculous on my big arms.
I have had Citizen Eco Drive Divers 300M for probably 8 years and have been very happy with it. I changed the band to a stainless band, but other than that, I have had to do nothing to it. The crystal is a bit scratched up but snorkeling, swimming, hunting, chopping/spliting wood nothing seems to affect it at all. I'd buy another in a second if something happened to this one, but I understand this model is no longer made. I should have bought 2 when I bought this one. My guess is the Promaster Diver 200 will be just as good and likely is my next watch...If this one ever gives up the ghost.
I like all known watches under 300.

Jeezlus, who would spend 299 on a watch?

My phone
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
My phone

Why didn't I think of that?
Haha! Already spent 700 on that beeyotch!
My dad used to have a Bulova. Thats what the local watch man sold.

Used to have to take it in yearly to be "serviced".

Damn thing cost him a fortune.

Bought a Timex, in fact could buy a Timex once a year for the cost of "servicing" that Bulova.

Not trying to be a di@k, well not really, but I just cant see spending that much for a watch.

would never wear one , good way to get hurt if you work with your hands.
I use a digital Timex Expedition daily at work for timing radiography exposures in harsh industrial settings. The first one I owned lasted over ten years. I replaced it with two more exactly the same I found on sale cheap, one is a spare.

My other sunday-go-to-meeting dress watch is a Swiss Army. I like it a lot as well.
you can buy utility for under $300, but frankly, better quality watches, and certainly all self wind ones, cost far more.
Fossil...Pulsar. I haven't priced a Seiko lately.
Invicta
My everyday is a Citizen Eco Drive Titanium WR 200. Incredibly light and is the Cujo of watches. It will not die.
Paid 199.00 in 1999. Money well spent.
bigfish,

Bought a Timex for 20-some dollars about a decade ago. It lasted 5 years, and when I went back to the same store the price had gone up to $30, so I looked at some other models. Bought a "no name" for $12.99, a large-case watch like you mentioned, and so far it has kept perfect time--or at least it totally agrees with my cell phone. Did replace the wrist-band once, with a simple synthetic strap, in the five years since.

Between those two watches I briefly tried to go without, using my phone instead. But discovered I preferred a watch when out hunting, because it requires far less movement to check. At $12.99 plus a $2.49 strap the cost so far is $3.10 a year.
I wouldn't own one if I didn't have to use it to check pulse/respiration etc... citizen eco drive....

Originally Posted by CrowRifle
My everyday is a Citizen Eco Drive Titanium WR 200. Incredibly light and is the Cujo of watches. It will not die.
Paid 199.00 in 1999. Money well spent.

I have a titanum Ecodrive now for about 5 years, simple light and has worked well so far.
I have 2 Seiko kinetic watches that have sat in the gunsafe for years because they stopped working. I guess one of these days I will mail them in for repair. I use a Fitbit for time and have my iphone plus seemingly a clock everywhere.
I have a Reactor Gryphon that I got from the Bargain Cave at Cabela's. No clue why it was returned, but I love it. It's tough as nails...I tend to beat up my watches just having them bump against door frames and other things in passing. The crystal looks new after a year, and that's a pretty good accomplishment for one on my wrist.

My biggest "like" is that it has SuperLuminova on all the markers and hands, which glows very brightly in bad light/darkness. That eventually fades, though, like any luminous coating will. When that happens, there is tritium on the hands and at 12, 3, 6, and 9. That glows after the SuperLuminova fades out.

I'm very happy with this watch.

http://www.reactorwatch.com/reactor_gryphon.html

Seems like going rate on Amazon is $350. I think I walked out the door at like $75 when I got it at Cabela's from the Cave? Something like that.

I've had a Casio G-Shock for several years now. I'm pretty hard on watches and this one has stood up to everything I've dished out. I think it cost me $80. Someone gave me a Ralph Lauren watch for Christmas a few years ago. It's never been out of the box. I'm not even sure where it's at now that I think about it.....
I bought a Wenger dive watch 20 years ago for $195.00. It's still ticking if I put a new battery in every year or so. Bought a fake Rolex 12 years ago, looks and feels like the real thing, self winding, etc.

I like watches that can be used as brass knuckles should the occasion present itself.

jim
I wear one of these as a casual watch. Priced right and tough as hell.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/eco-sig/watches/watch-detail/?model=BN0151-09L

My wife bought me a Seiko "Kinetic Auto Relay" probably 25 years ago that's apparently indestructible. I've had the band fixed a few times after it broke and the watch flew off while chopping wood or beating on something with a hammer, etc., and I have to wipe spit on the crystal to see through the scratches, but it still works great.
I have a basic Luminox 3050 that I got last year for Christmas, I think they go for about $200 on Amazon. I don't like watches with metal or leather bands. I looked at a few EcoDrives but they were about twice the price for what I wanted/needed. Having had mostly $40 or less Timexs in the past this was a good upgrade for me.
© 24hourcampfire