Home
Posted By: Seafire Movies: The Accountant - 10/17/16
Wife and I went to movies the other night... only one of the three decent choices when we were there Saturday night...

We both thought it was a pretty darn good movie...

Starred Ben Affleck with I am sure might not thrill a number of campfire members but it was a very good movie in spite of that... he did a good job with the character he portrayed...
Posted By: ironbender Re: Movies: The Accountant - 10/17/16
+1.

Saw it tonight. Pretty good thriller.
Posted By: las Re: Movies: The Accountant - 10/17/16
Better him than Cruise. Still can't believe that pathetic short wimp is portraying Jack Reacher
Originally Posted by las
Better him than Cruise. Still can't believe that pathetic short wimp is portraying Jack Reacher
I still can't believe that pathetic short wimp Audie Murphy won all those medals in WWII.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Movies: The Accountant - 10/18/16
I still don't believe.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Movies: The Accountant - 10/18/16
Sort of takes the glow off of Affleck when he rails on against private ownership of guns, doesn't it?
Posted By: magshooter1 Re: Movies: The Accountant - 10/18/16
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by las
I still can't believe that pathetic short wimp Audie Murphy won all those medals in WWII.

I can't believe you used pathetic and wimp to describe Audie Murphy.
Posted By: shortleade Re: Movies: The Accountant - 10/18/16
I plan to see the movie.

And think what you will, but Audie Murphy was a pure unadulterated natural born hero. Upstairs in the amphitheater at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier there is a place called the Hall of Heroes. All the countries that have been our allies have awarded their highest medal to the remains that are entombed there. Their equivalent of our CMOH. There are display cases with those medals, and a wall with the names of all our MOH winners on little gold plaques. Standing alone on the floor is a small gold podium inscribed on top with a bit of prose (poem?) from Audie Murphy. If you are ever able to enter that space and read it, and don't get a lump in your throat, you are a lot tougher than me.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Movies: The Accountant - 10/18/16
Originally Posted by magshooter1
Originally Posted by las

I can't believe you used pathetic and wimp to describe Audie Murphy.

Pretty sure he forgot to use the sarcasm font. grin
Posted By: kingfisher Re: Movies: The Accountant - 10/18/16
I won't spend my hard earned money on box office releases for Ben or Tom Hanks since they came out for Hillary. I will watch the movies when I can see them in red box for a $1. I know we can't avoid everyone in Hollywood but they are measured by movie release $$$ made.
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: Movies: The Accountant - 10/18/16
Another democrat that's against guns making money using guns. That makes a lot of sense. He won't be getting mine.
Posted By: Barak Re: Movies: The Accountant - 10/18/16
Originally Posted by las

I think las's point is that in all the Lee Child books, Jack Reacher's top distinguishing characteristic is that he's 6' 5" tall and 250 pounds of muscle. His huge size is a plot device in a number of the stories. Screenwrite those stories with a much smaller man in that role (regardless of attitude, acting ability, etc.) and you'll have to modify the plot to make sense.
© 24hourcampfire