Home
Posted By: stxhunter green bay/bears - 10/20/16
hope green bays does better than they did against the cowboys.
Posted By: EdM Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Just turned on the pre-game show.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
green bay is my second favorite team after the cowboys.
Posted By: SKane Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Originally Posted by stxhunter
hope green bays does better than they did against the cowboys.

Me too. The good news - they can't be any worse. laugh
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Mine too Roger.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Go Pack Go!

Been a bumpy season... two seasons... hope to gitter done tonight at least.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Go GB!
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Gonna be a party in The Chi tonight if the Bears and Cubbies win!

C'mon Chicago!
Packers are looking better tonight. Although Rodgers is still running for his life.
Posted By: lostleader Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Brilliant 4th and goal play.
What happened to Hoyer? I missed it.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Believe his right arm hit a helmet just as he threw the ball.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
C'mon, Bears!

(Can't believe I'm rooting for the Bears)
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Walked in holding his left arm I thought?
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Probably the best thing to happen to the Bears tonight. wink
Hoyer has sucked wherever he has played. Especially at Cleveland & Houston.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
One of his arms got hurt
Posted By: EdM Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Left arm and out for the game.
Packers have got to give Aaron Rodgers some damn protection!!!
Posted By: 4ager Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Terrible game. Any wonders as to why the freakin' Queens control this division?

McCarthy is getting fired after this season, along with his entire staff. Stale, boring, predictable, and mediocre.
Posted By: byc Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
GO REDSKINS!

Sean say nothing!!! laugh

As for tonight..Go Alshon!!
Agreed! McCarthy needs to go.
Originally Posted by byc
GO REDSKINS!

Looks to me that the NFC East will come down to between the Boys and your Redskins David. Both the Giants and the Eagles are terrible this year.

I just hope JJ doesn't put Romo back in! cry
Originally Posted by byc
GO REDSKINS!

As for tonight..Go Alshon!!

No need...
Posted By: jaguartx Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Broke arm.
Posted By: tzone Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Man GB has NO receivers. And no Nelson is limping off
HA! ::))

Yeah Neal Cowboys are very good. Sure wished I had more faith in DC sports franchises as a whole.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Broke arm.

Damn! Never liked Hoyer but I hate to hear that.
Hoyer is better than the teams he's been on.
Damn! Rogers gets sacked and fumbles into the end zone. TD Bears.
Originally Posted by 4ager

That's for sure!

No doubt!
Can't really blame that fumble on Rodgers. He's getting no help at all from his O-Line.
OK WTH!? Completion!??

WTF is the definition of a catch!!!??????
TD Packers!
Packers FINALLY put the Bears away. They now lead 26 to 10 with only 5 minutes to go in the game.
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Rodgers quick release is everything and it really shows this second half. Like to see Jordy in the mix a little more.
Posted By: las Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Packers FINALLY put the Bears away. They now lead 26 to 10 with only 5 minutes to go in the game.

Technically I guess announcer is right saying 2 possession game but it would have to be two 2 point conversions for the bears. Unlikely especial with this interception.
Posted By: Bobmar Re: green bay/bears - 10/20/16

McCarthy is getting fired after this season, along with his entire staff. Stale, boring, predictable, and mediocre.

Winning makes everything better, but in this case it changes nothing. I'd like to think you were right 4ager, but I'm afraid we're stuck with McCarthy as long as we have Thompson. He's never going to fire his boy. He'll retire first and that doesn't seem likely in the foreseeable future. The rest of the league has passed those two by.
Posted By: Redneck Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
Watched the receivers - most just ran down the field and zigzagged a couple times.. WHY haven't they been kicked in the azz for not curling back to the QB and help him out with a fat target?? They USED to do that. Now - rarely..

McStupid got lucky. That 4th and 1 where they got stuffed at the goal line coulda come back to bite him in the azz like the LAST time he did that..

Posted By: EdM Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
My take is that GB beat a pizz poor CB team.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
Not quite halfway into the season and the Pack is already suffering from injury losses. Not an optimistic outlook with no running backs and a depleted defense.

I don't get the comments about Rodgers not being protected. He had all the time in the world back there waiting for receivers to come open. That's amazing considering the Bears could just about count on a pass play every time.
Posted By: 4ager Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
The Bears are just an awful team this year. The Packers have few offensive weapons, no run game, a mediocre defense, and a QB who is losing his accuracy and control.

Time for some major shake-ups in the off-season, starting with McCarthy.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
The Bears are just an awful team [/s]this year[s].

Fixed it.
Posted By: SKane Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

I don't get the comments about Rodgers not being protected. He had all the time in the world back there waiting for receivers to come open. That's amazing considering the Bears could just about count on a pass play every time.

Rocky,
ARod has indeed had time - the Packers offensive line is pretty decent. But the main reason he's had time is teams are purposely giving him time - choosing to rush only four, keeping the outside guys wide, hemming him in the pocket. And only occasionally bringing a blitz.

And they're doing it because defenses know their tendencies and routes to a step. smile Denver wrote the script for everyone to follow and it's worked nearly 1.5 seasons now.

The Packers offense is predicated on three-step-drop and gone (or shotgun), or, it's ARod improvising outside the pocket due to pressure. The offense has become terribly predictable with very little presnap shifts, even less man-in-motion at snap, almost no stacked or bunched WR formations, no screen game, nothing imaginative or creative in the playbook for the last 3 years or so. And ZERO help from the TE position.

Even with a healthy Lacy in the backfield and two tight ends, that's three potential weapons on the field that can't get open or catch the ball out of the backfield.

ARod might have a few issues right now but most of it is based on the above. He hasn't lost it or gone Hollywood - he's frustrated and I can't blame him.
Posted By: roundoak Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
A friend sent this to me and sums it up for me. grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
This is what happens when you have to play without the leadership and instincts of Jay Cutler.

Dave
Posted By: GunReader Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
Originally Posted by deflave
This is what happens when you have to play without the leadership and instincts of Jay Cutler.

Dave

From their record, it appears to be what happens when you play WITH the leadership and instincts of Jay Cutler, also!
Posted By: SKane Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
Originally Posted by roundoak
A friend sent this to me and sums it up for me. grin

[Linked Image]

laugh laugh
Originally Posted by GunReader

From their record, it appears to be what happens when you play WITH the leadership and instincts of Jay Cutler, also!

You take that back.

Travis
Posted By: 5sdad Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
Originally Posted by GunReader
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

Perhaps it shows that Jay Cutler doesn't make a damned bit of difference one way or the other; it's the whole operation that sucks.
Look how long it took for MN to get cocky.

JFC.

Travis
Posted By: Idared Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16

Time for some major shake-ups in the off-season, starting with McCarthy.

I guess I can't see why such intense disliking of McCarthy. His won-lost percentage of present coaches with at least 50 wins with their present team ranks very high.

Just because a team has one of the best QBs in the league doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl. Ask Miami how many Super Bowls they won with one of the best QBs of all time, part of it with a Hall of Fame head coach.

I have been a Packer fan for over 65 years and have seen both highs and lows for Packer fans in that length of time. I have seen times when the head coach deserved to be canned for a 1-10-1 record but not just because he doesn't win all the time. I don't expect them to win all the time, but I enjoy it when they do win. If they lose I don't see the profit of blaming a coach who has had one losing season in the last ten years he has coached with that team. It's a cinch that if Green Bay lets him go there will be teams lining up to sign him and chances are his replacement will do no better, and probably worse.
Posted By: Bobmar Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
I think a change would be good for the organization and the coach. Things get stale over time. I don't dislike McCarthy or Thompson. They've had a pretty good run. However, there no sense of urgency at 1265. Everyone seems to be very comfortable. I don't think that's good for the team.

A new job somewhere else might rekindle the spark McCarthy once had. Just watching how abrasive he is with the local media demonstrates either a high level of frustration or a complete lack of accountability. New blood would be good for everyone. I've only been a fan for about 45 years, but I certainly remember some dark times. I have no desire to go back.

The scheme and play calling have gotten extremely predictable. Thompson's stubborn refusal to look at free agency is equally predictable. We need a new perspective and a renewed fire! I'd be very happy to see Eliot in the drivers seat. Let him choose his guy and let's get competitive again. I'm sick of the mediocrity!

I know McCarthy won't be unemployed long and I wish him well. Somewhere else...
Originally Posted by Bobmar
I think a change would be good for the organization and the coach.

Maybe for the coach but I doubt it would do much for the organization.

The scheme and play calling have gotten extremely predictable.

The personal has a lot to do with this. You have to play the hand that you are dealt with. Overall I don't think the Packers are quite as good man for man as some people would like to think they are. I know I would love to see a season without injuries to important players just once.

Thompson's stubborn refusal to look at free agency is equally predictable.

Often for very good reasons. Next years off-season is going to be tough because of the salary cap and the amount of players up for new contracts. Signing free agents would have made it that much worse.

I'm sick of the mediocrity!

I guess I don't consider a .654 wining percentage as mediocre. There's a lot of teams who would love to have that problem. There are also a lot of coaches past and present who won at least 100 times who cant make that claim. Those are facts not emotions. wink

Pity the poor Panthers. They lose the Super Bowl and then start the season 1 and 5. smile
I hear you Mr Idared. You make some good points, but I respectfully disagree. I don't pity any other team. I don't care what they do. If you support the current regime and their way of doing business, so be it. I'm sure that philosophy has contributed to their level of comfort.

I don't support losing your mind in free agency. Look at the teams that have. But, on the other hand, there have been times when players who could readily contribute, never even got a call. It drives me nuts when Ted says" we like the players that we have" or "you dance with the one that brought you".

As far as my thought regarding scheme and play calling, you made my point for me!

Long Break!
Posted By: broomd Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
boycott the NFL...screw 'em!
Bobmar

The only reason I mentioned the Panthers was because I don't hear people calling for Ron Rivera"s head like they do McCarthy.

You mentioned the dark times in the franchise's history and I remember those too. I don't know if you remember when the Packers in 1958 went 1-10-1 for the season or not. They were so bad that the player they drafted with the first choice of the draft went to Canada rather than play in Green Bay. mad That is the low point for me as a fan. Maybe that's why I am a little more tolerant of the present regime. Nothing can be as bad as that was.

I guess the biggest difference in us is I am happy the team has had the success they have during McCarthy's rein while it appears you think they should have done better. I would like them to have done better but I can't bring myself to be totally disappointed in being one of only two teams to have been in the playoffs the last seven years in a row. I just don't expect them to win all the time.

I do respect your opinions but like you I respectfully disagree with some of them. The main thing is you evidently are a longtime fan of the organization and that is what matters most.

Wishing you a pleasant evening.
Thanks Larry, you too.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: green bay/bears - 10/21/16
Rodgers be puzzie whupped!!
© 24hourcampfire