Home
Curious as to how many would change their primary vote if we knew then what we know now?

What do we know now?
Our horse is behind in nearly every poll to one of the worst candidates the Dems have ever run.....for starters.
There were no good candidates except Trump. The rest of the field was comprised of party ball washers, except Dr. Carson who is too meek for the Presidency.
So A&8's is a no.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Our horse is behind in nearly every poll to one of the worst candidates the Dems have ever run.....for starters.

Maybe,....maybe not.

In any event, Trump has been saying what needed to be said and 10's of millions of Americans agree with him.

None of the other GOP candidates had the nerve to do it. In fact, virtually all of them are hooked up to the same tit that Hillary is sucking on.
turnout is the key. folks have got to vote, it doesn't matter who the candidate is.\

at this point it's all turnout, and nothing but turnout (to vote).
Not me, I will vote for Trump, but haven't yet. What we know now has been obvious forever. If he could "mind his mouth" the race would be his. He can not.
Can't disagree with that at all, B. Just seems like we went all in with a hand full of chit cards that look worse as the end nears.

He wasn't my choice in the primary, not because I disagreed with his message, but because he never seemed like a serious/viable candidate.

Just wondering if folk would of gone for the long play if given another opportunity.

So A&8's is a no.

Correct. Virtually the only way to the presidency is to be a politician of some stripe and that's the problem. Their qualifying factor is my disqualifying factor. Once you're a politician you are owned by someone (plural). Trumps' ability to be a maverick is appealing. F'k the establishment and the cronyism it's created.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Not me, I will vote for Trump, but haven't yet. What we know now has been obvious forever. If he could "mind his mouth" the race would be his. He can not.

Seemed obvious enough, but here we are.

It's like the Browns are about to win the Superbowl because the Patriots decided to start Tebow. Lol.
The people get the government they deserve.

Trump was and is the only candidate speaking the truth.

If America doesn't want the truth, or change, then that is where we sit.

Call (or text) me when it's go time.

Travis
Hillary has *never* drawn a crowd like this. Trump does it all the time.

be prepared to recieve a passenger pigeon or a smoke signal at that point. the internet, telly, and other commo's won't be trustworthy if one doesn't wish to find themselves in the gulag.
Curious as to how many would change their primary vote if we knew then what we know now?

Well... I was all set to vote for Cruz but by the time you and I voted in the WA primaries Cruz had been mathematically eliminated (at least when I sent in my ballot) and the only person on the ballot that had any balls to stand up to the media and Clinton was Trump. So Trump got my vote.

Despite the defeatists around here... THERE WAS NO REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE THAT WAS GOING TO STAND UP TO THE MEDIA. FIRST REPORTER TO LEVEL "RACIST, HOMOPHOBE, ISLAMOPHOBE, SEXIST, ETC." WOULD HAVE CAUSED ANY OF THE OTHER 16 TO COWER AND GO RUNNING FOR THE HILLS. Except **maybe** Cruz and Carson. Cruz would have launched into a sermon to prove he wasn't the -ist flavor of the day and turned people off (this isn't a dig at evangelicals, just Cruz's style). Carson, as mentioned, is too soft spoken to be the leader of this country. Carson can't handle the aggressive media.

I've said it before and will say it again. I would rather have Cruz as president. Cruz would have lost in a landslide to Clinton, as would have any of the other 15 people that tried to get the nod except Trump. None of the non-Trump candidates would have carried more than maybe one swing state.

I just don't understand the fact some people think we're doomed and have given up.

ETA: Carson and Cruz were usually right, but when making their point they took too damned long beating around the bush (no pun intended). They would never have said anything bad about illegals streaming across the southern border for fear of the media. Trump comes right out and calls them criminals but yet that some are good people. Trump speaks directly to the citizens, no media filter. He's right on a lot of stuff, he knows it, we know it. It's his message and how it is delivered resonating with people- not the candidate. If Cruz or Carson had the exact same message and delivery, we wouldn't have Trump. PERIOD!
I think Kasich would have beaten Clinton. I think he would have nominated SC justices that were 20% more conservative than Clinton will get approved. I think he would have kept a R majority in the Senate, and might have gained a few seats in the House.

Not perfect, but he has run a government, and Ohio has EVERYTHING: seaports, rustbelts, college towns, appalachia, coal mining, manufacturing, agriculture, railroads, interstates, blacks, whites, serbo-croatians, inner-city , Amish, rural.

My money was on Perry for the nomination, so you know how good I am at picking horses.

Sycamore

p/s

Trump has made a living convincing people he has what they want. don't feel bad about being taken in by him, he has suckered people for 40 years, he is a pro.
Originally Posted by Sycamore
I think Kasich would have beaten Clinton. I think he would have nominated SC justices that were 20% more conservative than Clinton will get approved. I think he would have kept a R majority in the Senate, and might have gained a few seats in the House.

Not perfect, but he has run a government, and Ohio has EVERYTHING: seaports, rustbelts, college towns, appalachia, coal mining, manufacturing, agriculture, railroads, interstates, blacks, whites, serbo-croatians, inner-city , Amish, rural.

My money was on Perry for the nomination, so you know how good I am at picking horses.

Sycamore

p/s

Trump has made a living convincing people he has what they want. don't feel bad about being taken in by him, he has suckered people for 40 years, he is a pro.

i totally agree with your every sentiment. but does that make the hillary one iota better, given her history of "service?"

we're choosing between the lesser of the two, or maybe the greater? i don't know for sure. sure trump is a bit warty, but isn't hillary a bit more warty than even he?

the good news is that the day after the election the sun will arise & set on schedule.
[bleep] Kasich! Talk about a shill for the establishment.
I think Kasich would have beaten Clinton.

At least democrats would have a choice.

Liberal or liberal light.

Same difference.

We need some real leadership in the country and the world.

The POTUS usually leads the world arena, but with the wimpy schidt we have now, and potentially for the next 8 years, the door is wide open.

Well.....since I wrote in Rand Paul....No...
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I think Kasich would have beaten Clinton.

At least democrats would have a choice.

Liberal or liberal light.

Same difference.

We need some real leadership in the country and the world.

The POTUS usually leads the world arena, but with the wimpy schidt we have now, and potentially for the next 8 years, the door is wide open.

^^^This^^^

We also need a leader who isn't afraid to to tell Iran and the Muzzys to FOAD instead of giving them Billions of dollars AND the go ahead to mfg nukes mad
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

Well... I was all set to vote for Cruz but by the time you and I voted in the WA primaries Cruz had been mathematically eliminated (at least when I sent in my ballot) and the only person on the ballot that had any balls to stand up to the media and Clinton was Trump. So Trump got my vote.

Despite the defeatists around here... THERE WAS NO REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE THAT WAS GOING TO STAND UP TO THE MEDIA. FIRST REPORTER TO LEVEL "RACIST, HOMOPHOBE, ISLAMOPHOBE, SEXIST, ETC." WOULD HAVE CAUSED ANY OF THE OTHER 16 TO COWER AND GO RUNNING FOR THE HILLS. Except **maybe** Cruz and Carson. Cruz would have launched into a sermon to prove he wasn't the -ist flavor of the day and turned people off (this isn't a dig at evangelicals, just Cruz's style). Carson, as mentioned, is too soft spoken to be the leader of this country. Carson can't handle the aggressive media.

I've said it before and will say it again. I would rather have Cruz as president. Cruz would have lost in a landslide to Clinton, as would have any of the other 15 people that tried to get the nod except Trump. None of the non-Trump candidates would have carried more than maybe one swing state.

I just don't understand the fact some people think we're doomed and have given up.

ETA: Carson and Cruz were usually right, but when making their point they took too damned long beating around the bush (no pun intended). They would never have said anything bad about illegals streaming across the southern border for fear of the media. Trump comes right out and calls them criminals but yet that some are good people. Trump speaks directly to the citizens, no media filter. He's right on a lot of stuff, he knows it, we know it. It's his message and how it is delivered resonating with people- not the candidate. If Cruz or Carson had the exact same message and delivery, we wouldn't have Trump. PERIOD!

I agree 100%
With the exception of him loosing by a landslide Ted would have done OK
Trump was not my guy but he is now
Hank
I don't think any of the other candidates would of done as poorly. But who knows....ain't important now anyhow.

Would of been really cool to see Trump hand over the nomination to his boy.
I don't think any of the other candidates would of done as poorly. But who knows....ain't important now anyhow.

You mean Don or Eric, or Pence?

I too would like to see Race Bannon as President!

You mean Don or Eric, or Pence?

I too would like to see Race Bannon as President!

I was refering to Eric, but I'd happily vote for either of them. Pence I really don't know chit about. But hell, it is ABC.
Originally Posted by boatboy
I agree 100%
Hank

I mean 'landslide' in the electoral college sense, not popular vote.

Why do I say this? People like my parents. Parents told me they despised Cruz because "he's a religious whackjob and would end abortion and legislate from the Bible." Not my words. Despite the fact that they both know the government is a democratic-republic, and not a dictatorship and the President is only one branch of government.

Dad's voting for Johnson because he thinks in IL it won't make a difference to vote his conscience (as I get older, I trust my dad's judgement on things less and less). My mom hates Clinton with a passion and think Trump's a loudmouth braggart- don't know who she'll cast a vote for. None of them (parents) get any news online, mostly FOX and CNN. They really trust the talking heads on the TeeVee. I send them links to Breitbart occasionally, Dad ignores them and Mom reads them then says "yeah, the media is full of sh*t!"
Mooner, with any luck you'll get the chance to vote for him in the future.

Just remember the establishment Does Not Want Trump! They choke and gag every good word they say about him. They lie lie lie lie, then swear by it. Why has everyone waited 30 years to drag out the dirt? Do Not Believe the polls. VOTE TRUMP!
The polls are as rigged as the election will be...

Trump fills halls everywhere he goes...

Hitlery doesn't even start to fill them...they put people behind her to make it look like a large turn out for the cameras...

The number of Hitlery bumperstickers around the country are about as common as Fidel Castro for President Bumperstickers and lawn signs...

The media is trying to fool the public into thinking Hitlery is leading... if they pull it off, it still won't mean its legit...

Liberals want to put a liar, murderer, traitor and one of the top politicians for corruption in the White House...

They lost all moral compasses decades ago, but this with Hitlery is the icing on the Cake.. wonder if she is going to burn down Congress and blame it on Trump... and then initiate martial law as soon as she gets in the White House...

If Hitlery gets the keys to the White House, Satan's day has finally arrived...

I wish a heart attack and a stroke on the b-itch...
Originally Posted by boatboy

I agree 100%
Hank

If the media hates a candidate, there should be your message right there...
Trump is the only candidate that ever had any chance in this election against the corrupt machine.

I would vote for him in a primary, and if allowed a "do-over" would try to get fewer junk candidates in the Repub primary so that it would not have watered-down his message right from the start.

I would bet that any one of the Republican candidates that Trump BEAT would be just as far behind in the polls at this point thanks to our unbiased media. At least dance with the one what brung ya. You want Hillary selecting Supreme Court Justices? Then continue on with the negative waves guys.

We are being lied to folks. Take note of the ratio of political signs in yards. And the size of crowds each candidate draws. And the fact that the last eight years were such a success and Hillary would mean more of the same and then some. Plus the minority vote is not as excited now as they were to elect the traitor and at least some faction of the Democratic crowd has been turned off by revelations of criminality. Are you believing your lying eyes or are you believing the sainted press?

Lastly, every time a leftist was rattling sabers about gun control, when the public perceived the leftist would win, there has been a run on guns and ammunition. I'm not seeing it this time around.

If I disregard the press and polls and go by the indicators which I actually see, Trump is winning. The polls should start looking more realistic closer to zero hour. Right now their job is to influence the early vote for their candidate. I think they are putting up a facade to make a stolen election look more credible to the losing public.
I live in central NY state. Admittedly this is a pretty conservative area (the local city council has one (1) demonrat and I think the county legislature is about the same. That said, there are more than enough dems around (this is a college town, after all.) I probably see ten times the number of Trump signs that I see of Hillary signs. There are NO Hillary lawn signs in evidence anywhere on my usual daily routes to work, stores, etc.
Originally Posted by cra1948
I live in central NY state. Admittedly this is a pretty conservative area (the local city council has one (1) demonrat and I think the county legislature is about the same. That said, there are more than enough dems around (this is a college town, after all.) I probably see ten times the number of Trump signs that I see of Hillary signs. There are NO Hillary lawn signs in evidence anywhere on my usual daily routes to work, stores, etc.

Yep, I've noticed the exact same thing in this liberal hole known as Oregon. I've seen 10 Hillary for prison signs/bumper stickers for every one in support of her. Trump signs far outnumber anything Hillary.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by cra1948

Yep, I've noticed the exact same thing in this liberal hole known as Oregon. I've seen 10 Hillary for prison signs/bumper stickers for every one in support of her. Trump signs far outnumber anything Hillary.

I for sure have not seen many Hillary stickers/signs. Not many Trump either.

Bernie and Obama bumper stickers out number the others 20:1, easily.

Speaking of which, I think the Bernie voters are going to be key. They are the ones we need to stay home, or write in Bernie.

Sycamore

p/s

Please tell which city in Ohio is a seaport..........

Kacich is a puss y and a liberal POS. And he hass tourrettes.
With out googling it, I'd say Toledo.
Okay, I googled it:

http://www.worldportsource.com/ports/USA_OH.php
If wishes were fishes and your Aunt had balls...

i'd be fishing with my uncle... lol
I wish Cruz had won the nomination. He would be mopping up the floor with Hillary. She is such a flawed candidate.

I am going to vote for Trump but the is such an ego maniac.
He shoots himself in the foot on Monday morning, then shoots himself in the other foot on Tuesday.
Dumb ass spent a week talking about Miss Venezueala. From 20 years ago! Said she was a whore who made porn videos!
This, 3 weeks before the election.

Nobody gives a [bleep] about Miss Venezueala from 20 years ago.

Can't even give a speech yesterday about his first 100 days in office without threatening to sue the bimbos who have accused him of sexual attacks.
Donald, most people don't care about these accusers!
Donald, SHUT THE [bleep] UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is sad, this guy could have won the election but he cannot cease and desist from talking about Donald Trump.
He is at heart an insecure little boy.

He is probably going to serve up the nasty, vile Harridan for our next President. I have to grab the emesis bag, I am feeling sick.

He could have won but looks like he has blown it. Cruz would be ahead of that vile Harridan by 8 points.

God Help My Country.

Not perfect, but he has run a government, and....

by FAR the most intelligent post on this thread or forum. You are dead nuts right. By 2018, every person here will be willing to give their left nut to be able to revote the primary and switch to Kasich.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Cruz would be ahead of that vile Harridan by 8 points.

God Help My Country.

Cruz would be just as far behind, the media would have made sure of that.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Not perfect, but he has run a government, and....

by FAR the most intelligent post on this thread or forum. You are dead nuts right. By 2018, every person here will be willing to give their left nut to be able to revote the primary and switch to Kasich.

Lol. That's the ridiculous "thinking" that's gotten us where we are. 20% better is a win?
Yes the media would try to rip Cruz to shreds, but there is much more material to rip with when the candidate is Trump.

Cruz would destroy Hillary.

Y'all have to realize that, as badly flawed as the Harridan is, Trump is even more flawed. This guy is a nut.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
If wishes were fishes and your Aunt had balls...

i'd be fishing with my uncle... lol

Hah! Best post yet!
The bigger question is whether the outcome would have been any different than it will be if the election had been held before either candidate had been selected.
Cruz worked hard with Paul Ryan to get TPP passed. His wife was a Goldman Sachs executive and was on the Council for Foreign Relations.

There's no point in trying to explain what that means to somebody who hasn't figured it out on their own.

If you're meant to be informed you will be. If you're not, you won't.
I am an open minded guy. I am in the big rig listening to Sirius radio about 12 hours a day.
I listen to Fox, and to CNN. Try to catch some Glen Beck if he isn't being too insane.
I listen to Chris Mathews on MSNBC, disagree with him 90 percent of the time but he is intelligent, so I listen when I can.
Also catch Limbaugh on terrestrial radio when I can, such as, 95.5 out of Atlanta or am 740 in Houston.

The one guest I really like is Dr. Charles Krauthammer on Fox. He is the only radio guy who is more intelligent than I am. Dr. Krauthammer is also impartial.

Four days ago I heard him say, "Trump is temermentally unsuited to be President."
And, he is right! Trump is so thin skinned and so ego centric. Spends a precious week talking about Miss Venezuala from 20 years ago, because Hillary insulted him.
Miss Venezuala from 20 years ago!! Nobody gives a crap about this gal! But Trump can't let it go.

So I agree with Dr. Krauthammer, Trump is tempermentally unfit to be President.

Where I differ from Dr. Krauthammer is that, I will vote for Trump.
Dr. Krauthammer is voting for some third party guy. Now that may be noble and pure, but, third party guy will not get elected, so Krauthammer may as well vote for Hillary.

I agree with Mark Levin, who I really like, there is a grim choice. Do you want to see this Vile Harridan selecting Supreme Court justices?

Dr. Krauthammer is also impartial.

no
Yes the media would try to rip Cruz to shreds, but there is much more material to rip with when the candidate is Trump.

Cruz would destroy Hillary.

Y'all have to realize that, as badly flawed as the Harridan is, Trump is even more flawed. This guy is a nut.

Cruz could have been Einstein, and the Media would have still torn him down to look like a tool.

They would have dug up more dirt on Cruz's reported philandering(true or not), his crazy Pentecostal father, ties to Cuba and Castro, Citizenship issues, wife's ties to Wall Street, videos of more praying and acting sanctimonious when the cameras are rolling, etc. They would have turned him into a religious hand waving zealot within a week. Cruz would be turning away more moderates and independents than Trump ever thought about scaring off.

The polls are rigged and Cruz would be trailing just like any other candidate.

Glen Beck
Limbaugh
Charles Krauthammer
Mark Levin

GOPe
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Lol. That's the ridiculous "thinking" that's gotten us where we are. 20% better is a win?

20% is a win, compared to a Hilary president AND and a DEMO senate. If Trump ends up dragging enough R Senators down (4 I think) there will be a D majority in Senate.

IF people think the supreme court matters they need to quit dicking around in the primaries looking for the "Perfect Conservative " candidate , and nominate someone who can put an R in the White House.

Sooner or later the Ds are going to quit running easy to beat candidates.

Like an unknown black guy, or the most hated woman in America. blush

is 50% a win? is 80%?

what does it take for a win?

what a bunch of you don't get is that you don't get 100% in a free country. not ever.
Winners expect 100%. Anything less than 100% is failure. Believing that 20% better than a felonious socialist is a win is terrible logic and is definitely NOT a win it just prolongs the death of freedom by 20%.
If I could do it over?

No, I would not change it. I would vote for Cruz again.

If Rubio and Kasich would have dropped out earlier, then Cruz would have won the nomination, and sure as hell gotten a lot closer to winning than the a$$ whipping that is going to happen in the next few weeks. Despite the margin big or small, Hillary is going to win for sure because Trump is our nominee. I said this back (here on this forum) in May,.... with zero doubt that a Trump nomination would be a Hillary presidency. I was right.

Oh, PS: I volunteered for Trump after he was nominated, and will be voting for him Wednesday.

I attended the first Cruz rally and the first Trump rally in Oklahoma City. There were maybe 300-500 people who came out to see Cruz. Trump had 5000-8000 at his first rally.

As it turns out, Trump is the only one who could withstand the withering attack by the drive-bys.
No one running against Trump had half the crowds that Trump had and Hillary never had 10% of what Trump pulled in. That is why I do not believe the polls giving Hillary the lead!
Originally Posted by old_willys
No one running against Trump had half the crowds that Trump had and Hillary never had 10% of what Trump pulled in. That is why I do not believe the polls giving Hillary the lead!
Exactly! Trump had more votes than any other Republican ever has, yet he is the most disliked? That makes no sense. Trump has been fighting the Democrats AND the idiot GOP. Kasich beat Hillary? Gimme a damn break. He had almost NO support from Republican voters. Cruz maybe, but the media would have crucified him. Again, Trump is fighting both sides. The media is used to telling voters what to think. I don't think it's working all that well, due to the polarization caused by Obama. They are cooking the polls big time. Democrats ARE stupid enough to nominate AND elect a damn criminal. That's the part that bothers me.
There were no good candidates except Trump.
Your opinion. Mine is, there has never been a better field of candidates in the nations history. Everyone of them could have done a great job as POTUS and beaten Hillary badly, except Trump.

You simply enjoyed his coarse ways and unpredictability and believed the rest of the electorate would also, never considering that independents would decide the election as they always have. You were wrong.
With out googling it, I'd say Toledo.

A seaport? I didn't know Ohio touched the ocean. Ports along the lake, yeah of course.
Originally Posted by Captain

I would bet that any one of the Republican candidates that Trump BEAT would be just as far behind in the polls at this point thanks to our unbiased media. At least dance with the one what brung ya. You want Hillary selecting Supreme Court Justices? Then continue on with the negative waves guys.

We are being lied to folks. Take note of the ratio of political signs in yards. And the size of crowds each candidate draws. And the fact that the last eight years were such a success and Hillary would mean more of the same and then some. Plus the minority vote is not as excited now as they were to elect the traitor and at least some faction of the Democratic crowd has been turned off by revelations of criminality. Are you believing your lying eyes or are you believing the sainted press?

Lastly, every time a leftist was rattling sabers about gun control, when the public perceived the leftist would win, there has been a run on guns and ammunition. I'm not seeing it this time around.

If I disregard the press and polls and go by the indicators which I actually see, Trump is winning. The polls should start looking more realistic closer to zero hour. Right now their job is to influence the early vote for their candidate. I think they are putting up a facade to make a stolen election look more credible to the losing public.

Nice post

No shortage of folks that hate Trump

We're the abc crowd here but there's a big group of abt folks too

I voted Cruz in the primary and am actually glad now that he didn't win it

He ran a terrible campaign so it seems plausible he'd have run similar in the general

I'm no trump fan but I'm hopin like hell he's our next prez
I wish Cruz had won the nomination. He would be mopping up the floor with Hillary. She is such a flawed candidate.

I am going to vote for Trump but the is such an ego maniac.
He shoots himself in the foot on Monday morning, then shoots himself in the other foot on Tuesday.
Dumb ass spent a week talking about Miss Venezueala. From 20 years ago! Said she was a whore who made porn videos!
This, 3 weeks before the election.

Nobody gives a [bleep] about Miss Venezueala from 20 years ago.

Can't even give a speech yesterday about his first 100 days in office without threatening to sue the bimbos who have accused him of sexual attacks.
Donald, most people don't care about these accusers!
Donald, SHUT THE [bleep] UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is sad, this guy could have won the election but he cannot cease and desist from talking about Donald Trump.
He is at heart an insecure little boy.

He is probably going to serve up the nasty, vile Harridan for our next President. I have to grab the emesis bag, I am feeling sick.

He could have won but looks like he has blown it. Cruz would be ahead of that vile Harridan by 8 points.

God Help My Country.
Cruz would be mopping up the floor with Hillary? Cruz would be cow-towing to the MSM and would never say a bad word against Clinton! He's part of the problem in Washington, and it's our last chance to get rid of all of them.

Not a chance on it. But then who did I vote for?
In all honesty, when Obama won reelection the writing was on the wall.

I'll vote a straight R ticket, but the idea that we will ever get a real Leader in the White-house ever again is just not in the cards.

Voting ain't gonna fix this mess.
© 24hourcampfire