Home
Posted By: earlybrd Needing prayers - 10/24/16
My 72 yr old pops has stage 4 cancer of liver colon and lung had one more chemo treatment to go thought we had it dicked this time.Its really knocked him back in a worse shape than I've ever seen him but he put up a hell of a fight.Any way Saturday night around 7 he ran out of Marlboros and booze and made a run down to the store got out of his truck and collapsed in the parking lot ems got there within ten minutes couldn't find a pulse did cpr and brought him back.Hes in ICU on a ventilator now but not coming around he has a advance directive and doesn't want life support so I've got a big decision to make in 24 hrs.I sat down today with his savage 99 and had a tearful momentmoment thinking about me and him hunting together and just don't know what to do.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Prayers on the way.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Sorry for your trouble.
Posted By: Dan_Chamberlain Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Earlybird.

First, sorry to hear this. But you don't have a decision to make. It's already been made. What are his wishes? That's your duty. It's hard, but you'll find peace knowing you were "his" rock this time.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
thats a tough decision. But I think you will understand how to proceed given some time to clear your head.

You have to think about them, and not about you.

Its VERY tough.

Prayers on the way.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Prayers sent from here, for the best possible outcome
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I sat down today with his savage 99 and had a tearful momentmoment thinking about me and him hunting together and just don't know what to do.

Search deep down, what would he want you to do?

Give it some time, things can turn around even still.

Sorry man, that's a tough roe to hoe, prayers on the way.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Before this his heart was 20 percent and he was on full time oxygen I've seen far healthier people go through this and be in a coma for 3 months to come home and die 6 months later I just don't think he's got anymore fight left.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Praying for you that you will make the right decision.

What's best for him?
Posted By: Muffin Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Strength for you and the others, Peace for him.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Heartfelt prayers sent sir. It's always worse when it happens around deer season and the holidays. If you choose to go out in his honor, good luck. The Red Gods hopefully will be smiling.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Honor his wishes. It's a golden rule issue. Godspeed.
Posted By: ilikemilitaria Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
praying for you and the situation.

dave
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
I'll be keeping you and your father in my prayers. You'll know what the right thing to do is and the right time to do it, if you don't I'm sure that the good Lord does and I'd not hesitate to ask him. I lost my mom this past year and I know how tough it is to watch a loved one leave us. Their absence is only temporary.
Posted By: morton Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Prayers sent for you and your father.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Sorry to hear about Pops failing health EB.

It will not be easy but you will make the right decision when it's needed.

Prayers for you and your family.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
You have my prayers and my deepest sympathy. I have been in your shoes and it is not easy.

I was as selfish as I could be, wanting to keep my Dad, fearing the loss and knowing it was irreversible, but I had been taught to honor my father and mother.
You know his wishes. Honor him one more time.

Then, honor him again by being the strength and stability that your family needs right now.

Ed
Posted By: EdM Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
I lived that with my dear Mother, her passing whilst I lay beside her. My thoughts are with you and yours.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
You have my prayers and my deepest sympathy. I have been in your shoes and it is not easy.

I was as selfish as I could be, wanting to keep my Dad, fearing the loss and knowing it was irreversible, but I had been taught to honor my father and mother.
You know his wishes. Honor him one more time.

Then, honor him again by being the strength and stability that your family needs right now.

Ed

Cant be said better. Comes a time a man wants to go.
Posted By: wilbilly Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Prayers for you and your father
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Does he know Jesus Christ? I hope both of you do. You have my prayers. PM me if you need to talk.
Posted By: Strick9 Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Prayers sent up..
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
You need to be a man of courage. He doesn't want life support.
You need to have the courage to let him pass on to the spirit world.
Posted By: Wyogal Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Originally Posted by earlybrd
My 72 yr old pops has stage 4 cancer of liver colon and lung had one more chemo treatment to go thought we had it dicked this time.Its really knocked him back in a worse shape than I've ever seen him but he put up a hell of a fight.Any way Saturday night around 7 he ran out of Marlboros and booze and made a run down to the store got out of his truck and collapsed in the parking lot ems got there within ten minutes couldn't find a pulse did cpr and brought him back.Hes in ICU on a ventilator now but not coming around he has a advance directive and doesn't want life support so I've got a big decision to make in 24 hrs.I sat down today with his savage 99 and had a tearful momentmoment thinking about me and him hunting together and just don't know what to do.

Prayers sent. You know what you need to do.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Prayers for you, your Dad, and your family, from N.C.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Originally Posted by morton
Prayers sent for you and your father.

^^^^^This^^^^^

Posted By: nifty-two-fifty Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Prayers for you, your father and your family.
Posted By: Malek Re: Needing prayers - 10/24/16
Hello:

I am new on this site in matter of fact I joined today.I was drawn by your sincere humble title of this post.

I must say that my prayers are with you, with your dad and family. That GOD's presence be with you all and his comfort engulfs you and console you. I know its not easy to see our love ones in such a helpless state and to feel that we are even more helpless to help them.
I had some what, the same feeling, when my brother in law was in the same state. though much younger than your dad, but his state was as bad. He was like a brother to me, I could not do any thing to help him, he lived overseas. I knew he did not really know God, he was from a different religion, which I used to belong to and new that it did not have, the real true knowledge of GOD. My main concern was not that I did not want him to be healed and well, but the thing I wanted more, is to have him know God intimately and to make his peace with HIM.
Needless to say that through a chain of some miraculous interventions. In matter of few days, he came to know GOD and to turn his life to his new savior. Less than 24 hours before he passed on to be with his new lord. later when I heard of his passing on I deeply was thankful to God, that he arranged every event, in such a way that lead to his solvation. I new deep in side that my brother in law is with the lord in a far better place and state. That brought a tremendous relief and closure to this painful event.
Please forgive me I don't mean to offend anybody only wish that my experience might help you making the right decision.

GOD bless you bless your Dad and family

Malek
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Needing prayers - 10/25/16
Prayers sent for your Dad, you, and the rest of the family.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Needing prayers - 10/25/16
Prayers sent for your Dad, yourself, and your family.

Your Dad has declared what it is that he wants to happen, give it to him, show respect for his word and his wishes, and count yourself as a truly loving son, and a man of deep respect for his Father. A better son you could never be than right now.

God Bless you both.

Lynn
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Needing prayers - 10/25/16
Prayers for you all.

Posted By: Redneck Re: Needing prayers - 10/25/16
Prayers for you and the family - terrible decision you're facing..
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Needing prayers - 10/26/16
Update on pops still in ICU lights are on but nobody is home he will open his eyes but it's blank I pulled some strings where he blacked out and got somebody to look at the surveillance vid it was 10 min before ems got there can't do MRI because he has pacemaker so going on eeg which isn't good I gave him a good chance but I think tomorrow I got to let him go
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Needing prayers - 10/26/16
Very tough. Best of luck and hang in there.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Needing prayers - 10/26/16
Not meaning to be contrary, but don't assume that he is not aware of what is going on around him.

Hearing is the last sense to go, even after the rest of the body cannot respond.

Talk to him, thank him for the things he taught you, let him know that he is loved and that you will do the very best you know how.

It's hard, but we were never promised that life was going to be easy and death is just another part of life.

You have my prayers.

Ed
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Needing prayers - 10/26/16
Continued prayers from N.C.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Needing prayers - 10/26/16
There are no magic words to make this hurt less, just know that you and your family are in the prayers of many.

I'm sorry for you in this situation, we are never ready to let them go.

I pray for the comfort that only God can give and may you be at peace.

Mike
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Needing prayers - 10/26/16
Praying for you and your Dad!
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Needing prayers - 10/26/16
Prayers sent for all involved.
If you were in his place, you would probably have the same wishes as he.
Breathe deeply, and try to rest.
Posted By: texasbatman Re: Needing prayers - 10/27/16
Sorry to hear about your Dad. It is a tough decision to make. I will be praying for you and your family.

Jim
© 24hourcampfire