Home
Can't be good for that cabinet position possibility...

Gov. Sarah Palin, who is being considered for a cabinet position in the Trump administration -- is raising alarm over president-elect's recently announced deal with Carrier, suggesting in an op-ed it could amount to "crony capitalism."

"When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent," Palin wrote in a 'Young Conservatives' op-ed. "Republicans oppose this, remember? Instead, we support competition on a level playing field, remember? Because we know special interest crony capitalism is one big fail."
When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent

I just hope they don't go broke like Solyndra did.
Apparently Palin doesn't understand politics well enough to know various states can do what they need to do, to win or keep companies in their states. But then she did her best to run the oil companies off in Alaska. She sounded very much like Hillary when she did, "take their money and use it for health care." She's clueless about politics and business.
Tax breaks to companies goes on all the time in state politics.

The state of Kentucky bent over backwards with tax breaks and lots more to get Toyota to build its plant in Georgetown Ky.

It was probably one of the best investments any state government has ever made.
Sara Palin is clueless about life in general, as for the possibility of a cabinet position can you say wishful thinking. She needs to stay home and take care of her special needs son, he needs his Mom more than the country needs her.
I think crony capitalism is when it favors a person or persons inside government. But government taking care of me is cool.

Sarah is way off base... deals cut between .gov and businesses have to be made to foster and nurture a relationship good for BOTH entities.

Keep them in the open, simple to understand, and long-term to ensure everyone wins.

She did kill the gas pipeline because she never understood it.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I think crony capitalism is when it favors a person or persons inside government. But government taking care of me is cool.

He is a stuttering mumbling idiot off the cuff...
I found it.

Crony capitalism is a term describing an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It may be exhibited by favoritism in the distribution of legal permits, government grants, special tax breaks, or other forms of state interventionism.
Posted By: 79S Re: Palin Slams Trump Carrier Deal - 12/02/16
Screw Palin she did more harm than good for the state of Alaska! Why the boys in the lower 48'are enamored with her is beyond me...
Why the boys in the lower 48'are enamored with her is beyond me...

She might be the mother or sister trump never had?
Palin is too obvious, trying to be relevant.
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Can't be good for that cabinet position possibility...

Gov. Sarah Palin, who is being considered for a cabinet position in the Trump administration -- is raising alarm over president-elect's recently announced deal with Carrier, suggesting in an op-ed it could amount to "crony capitalism."

"When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent," Palin wrote in a 'Young Conservatives' op-ed. "Republicans oppose this, remember? Instead, we support competition on a level playing field, remember? Because we know special interest crony capitalism is one big fail."

It's possible Trump didn't offer them anything he doesn't plan on offering all businesses.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

He is a stuttering mumbling idiot off the cuff...

..Also on the cuff.. laugh
I'm not sure I'm getting the picking winners and losers mentality

the only losers here are potentially the stockholders/executives who won't see quite as big a dividend from the profit earned from shifting American jobs to Mexico.

and the Mexicans

if Trump balances that out with tax incentives then it should be a net zero and everyone wins. The state of Indiana should see some, most or more of that tax money back from the tax revenue generated from the payroll given to the those 1,000 workers.

Now if Carrier moves that plant next year after Trump is in office...........

at any rate this doesn't make Carrier a winner or loser, nor its competitors.

However I do agree with the idea that Trump can't create a precedent where every corporation can threaten to leave the U.S. and in return get some sweetheart deal tax package.

In this case, a stick is more appropriate as a policy than a carrot.
Originally Posted by KFWA

However I do agree with the idea that Trump can't create a precedent where every corporation can threaten to leave the U.S. and in return get some sweetheart deal tax package.

Then lower the corporate tax rate across the board to the lowest rate in industrialized world. Let the states compete for their tax revenue. The government giving a company a so-called sweetheart tax deal to stay put just tells me the were over taxing them to begin with.
http://taxfoundation.org/article/corporate-income-tax-rates-around-world-2016
I don't believe Palin is being seriously considered for a cabinet position. Trump isn't that hard up to fill his cabinet with good qualified people. I've always thought that politically, she is way overrated.
Hugely over-rated. I think she is angling for a CNN job.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Apparently Palin doesn't understand politics well enough to know various states can do what they need to do, to win or keep companies in their states. But then she did her best to run the oil companies off in Alaska. She sounded very much like Hillary when she did, "take their money and use it for health care." She's clueless about politics and business.

I've tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I think you're right.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

The state of Kentucky bent over backwards with tax breaks and lots more to get Toyota to build its plant in Georgetown Ky.

Amen... When Martha Layne Collins struck the deal with Toyota to open the plant in Georgetown, KY back in the early 1980's you'da thought she was giving away the entire state. Thirty years later, that 10 years of tax concessions looks like one of the best investments ever made: largest Toyota manufacturing facility outside of Japan. 19,000 to 20,000 direct and indirect jobs. In 1980, Georgetown, KY was a wide spot in the road. Today, Scott County is one of the top 10 most affluent counties in the state with one of the best school districts in the state.

Sometimes you gotta make an investment. Will the Carrier deal be as lucrative? Only time will tell. But at least give Trump credit for trying. "Zero" did nothing...
If America wanted to know what a clam thought, they would have elected that other guy.

Dave

Talking ebonics out of his black azz. Totally a worthless piece of chit!
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Amen... When Martha Layne Collins struck the deal with Toyota to open the plant in Georgetown, KY back in the early 1980's you'da thought she was giving away the entire state. Thirty years later, that 10 years of tax concessions looks like one of the best investments ever made: largest Toyota manufacturing facility outside of Japan. 19,000 to 20,000 direct and indirect jobs.

I think that number is much larger. Many years ago I heard that Toyota was directly responsible for 50,000 jobs in the area.

Just one example. A Johnson Controls facility was located in Georgetown Ky. For years it had been stumbling along staying barely alive,..but it was a large stamping facility.

Toyota went to Johnson Controls and told them "We want you to produce automobile seat brackets".

Johnson Controls tooled up and all of a sudden they could sell every seat bracket they could make.

Also, I worked in a small machine shop that made a few of the dies that Johnson Controls needed to retool in order to be a vendor to Toyota.

That same basic scenario spread throughout Central Kentucky

I also worked at 2 wheel plants that were specifically built to supply auto wheels to Toyota.

After those plants were built we also tooled up and started producing wheels for Honda in Ohio, Nissan in Tennessee, Ford in Louisville, and GM (everywhere).

There's so many ways that a large auto plant creates jobs that it's difficult to list them all.
Sounds like she is about as smart as Hillary
There's so many ways that a large auto plant creates jobs that it's difficult to list them all.

Kinda reminds me of the old "a rising tide, raises all ships" thing. miles
When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent

I just hope they don't go broke like Solyndra did.

Solyndra was a money laundering scheme for the DNC. Got anymore cogent insights?
Originally Posted by 79S
Screw Palin she did more harm than good for the state of Alaska! Why the boys in the lower 48'are enamored with her is beyond me...

Giving her her due... she did several things well.

She moved some entrenched idiots out of place... almost drained a swamp... stopped some out of line spending.

But then she started it big time and Captain Zero (Parnell) came in and simply relit the spending in a slightly different direction. But he did get the hottest spending fire going in state history.

Originally Posted by deflave
If America wanted to know what a clam thought, they would have elected that other guy.

Dave

Ouch.

I don't see anything wrong with the point that we should not be picking winners and losers. All of us slammed Obama for doing that with some of the green companies, and it's no different now.

On the other hand, if Trump can deliver on his promise to pass wide reaching business tax and regulatory reforms, it should bring broad benefits to most companies anyway.

We all know Trump is a showman. So if he's simply threatening to take negative action on companies as a tactic to keep them from leaving before those broad tax and regulatory reforms get implemented, I'm okay with that.
Nothing wrong with reducing corporate taxes and regulations,..but the only thing that will have a real impact on getting manufacturing started in America is,...the government is going to have to stop trying to play the free trade game with a nation of a billion people who work under government imposed wage and price controls.

One sided global free trade will put America exactly where it is right now.

20 trillion dollars in debt and 95 million people with no jobs.

Its always interesting what the insiders know... Palin up front was interesting.

But you folks in AK dealt with her.

Everyone thinks Perry is so hot too, I have no use for him personally... but he did an ok job as governor.
I don't see anything wrong with the point that we should not be picking winners and losers. All of us slammed Obama for doing that with some of the green companies, and it's no different now.

On the other hand, if Trump can deliver on his promise to pass wide reaching business tax and regulatory reforms, it should bring broad benefits to most companies anyway.

We all know Trump is a showman. So if he's simply threatening to take negative action on companies as a tactic to keep them from leaving before those broad tax and regulatory reforms get implemented, I'm okay with that.

"Picking winners and losers" is only Palin's attempt to discredit Trump and has nothing to do with the situation. Trump negotiates with a company to incentivize remaining in the US. It is open, honest, public, and likely a good deal all around.

I believe it is a signal her discussions with Trump did not go as well as she would have liked.
Winners and losers? Really? How about the 1100+ workers who are keeping their jobs? How about the $16M infrastructure upgrade UT/Carrier is now committed to?
How about all the supportive businesses in the Indianapolis area that are going to benefit? Good economics yield a cascading effect too.

If Palin thinks this way, she can stay the hell up in Alaska and chew on a caribou carcass.
Yesterday, Kelly Ann Conway said that Trump is not one who surrounds himself with yes men and that he is open to other views and criticisms. Just keep it polite and not personal.

That is what Palin just did. Debating policy. I do not know why anyone would have a problem with that.

Trump has known for a long time that Palin will stick to her core beliefs; come hell or high water.

Special interest crony capitalism is a big issue for her.
She's just an opportunist, looking for relevancy to keep the paychecks coming in. If she was ugly and flat-chested, no one would even know who she is.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Winners and losers? Really? How about the 1100+ workers who are keeping their jobs? How about the $16M infrastructure upgrade UT/Carrier is now committed to?
How about all the supportive businesses in the Indianapolis area that are going to benefit? Good economics yield a cascading effect too.

If Palin thinks this way, she can stay the hell up in Alaska and chew on a caribou carcass.

Give me a break, you know exactly what I'm talking about. So, if you want to ask a bunch of emotional questions, how about the other 20,000 companies in the state that want an incentive??? We can play this game all day. Of course I'm happy that workers get to keep their jobs so stop trying to put words in my mouth. All I said was that I would prefer to not single out individual companies. I would prefer to make changes that benefit ALL companies and ALL workers. If Trump keeps his promises, that will happen. I will wait and watch and give him credit if it does.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Yesterday, Kelly Ann Conway said that Trump is not one who surrounds himself with yes men and that he is open to other views and criticisms. Just keep it polite and not personal.

That is what Palin just did. Debating policy. I do not know why anyone would have a problem with that.

Trump has known for a long time that Palin will stick to her core beliefs; come hell or high water.

The problem here is that it is impossible to have any kind of civil or logical discussion of any policies on this forum because there are a group of bloodthirsty Trump pittbulls here that feel a primal need to go for your jugular every time anyone questions anything that the man says or does. I VOTED FOR TRUMP. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he does. And I'm not going to go away and STFU just because people throw out some expletive, non sequitur, or other adolescent comment. Sometimes, I just want to have an intelligent conversation and listen to what people have to say about a topic. But that's pretty pretty much impossible here when it comes to Trump, as I said, and it's getting pretty exhausting.

"Picking winners and losers" is only Palin's attempt to discredit Trump and has nothing to do with the situation. Trump negotiates with a company to incentivize remaining in the US. It is open, honest, public, and likely a good deal all around.

I believe it is a signal her discussions with Trump did not go as well as she would have liked.

Good posts, both of them.

Alot to think about, especially the possibility that Palin didn't get the reception from Trump that she expected. So, Alaskan shebear Retaliation?
Originally Posted by Pappy348
She's just an opportunist, looking for relevancy to keep the paychecks coming in. If she was ugly and flat-chested, no one would even know who she is.

IF she was ugly?
What Trump did was not crony capitalism. UT/Carrier was going to move to allow it to be competitive in the market. Trump intervened and insured that it could remain competitive in Indiana rather than Mexico. There was no intent to upset the A/C market.

What the hell do you call it when O went and "bailed" out GM in 2009 for $50 Billion?
That was an outright buyout in which the bond holders were told to suck it up and the taxpayers were forced to pony-up. The US Treasury lost over $11Billion on its re-sale to stockholders.

This is about keeping jobs in the US. So to Palin and others here, it would have been better for them to move to Mexico? Really? Palin and others better got off their high horse and started thinking what the "forgotten American" has endured for the last 8 years.

Trump has an initiative way about him in some cases where he will pickup the phone and deal with an issue. Carrier was a campaign issue and just waiting for Trump to follow-thru on. He did, much to the employees delight.
Trump has stated his goal is to drop the corporate tax rate from 35% to 15%.
If anything like that happens, lookout Ronald Reagan and the Dems have been crushed for a generation.

Palins' 15 minutes of fame has but a few grains of sand left in the hourglass.
Well, she's no movie star, but when she first came on the scene she was passable. Of course, there's been a lot of wear and tear since then.

Personally, that voice of hers gives me the shrivels.
Challenging the Trump revolution is no way for a Republican to get ahead.

Palin has been yesterday's news for quite a while. Her attempt to gain relevance again by jumping into the path of the Nationalist movement is ill advised.

Maybe CNN will give her an interview or two. But she's done.
Sounds like he offered up $65mm of tax money to give to Carrier to pay those 1100 workers. What a genius of a deal maker! This could get expensive, watch the companies line up now for their Trump welfare.

Here's a plan that doesn't cost anything. If Carrier or any other company moves jobs out of the US to Mexico or anywhere else, the products made there aren't allowed back into the US. Period. Might change their calculations a little bit eh?

The power we have is our market, we should be exerting it.

The problem here is that it is impossible to have any kind of civil or logical discussion of any policies on this forum because there are a group of bloodthirsty Trump pittbulls here that feel a primal need to go for your jugular every time anyone questions anything that the man says or does. I VOTED FOR TRUMP. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he does. And I'm not going to go away and STFU just because people throw out some expletive, non sequitur, or other adolescent comment. Sometimes, I just want to have an intelligent conversation and listen to what people have to say about a topic. But that's pretty pretty much impossible here when it comes to Trump, as I said, and it's getting pretty exhausting.

Palin wrote in her op-ed for the Young Conservatives: "I am ecstatic for Carrier employees!"
But worried that the deal will encourage more deals and more "burdensome federal government imposition."
"Republicans oppose this, remember? Instead, we support competition on a level playing field, remember?" Palin wrote. "Because we know special interest crony capitalism is one big fail."

"Gotta' have faith the Trump team knows all this. And I'll be the first to acknowledge concerns over a deal cut by leveraging taxpayer interests to make a manufacturer stay put are unfounded — once terms are made public.”
... I think that number is much larger. Many years ago I heard that Toyota was directly responsible for 50,000 jobs in the area. ...

It has been a number of years since I saw/read the 20K number stated earlier. It could very well be a larger number by now. Regardless. It was well worth the initial investment...
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Sums it up nicely.
"Tax breaks to companies goes on all the time in state politics.

The state of Kentucky bent over backwards with tax breaks and lots more to get Toyota to build its plant in Georgetown Ky. ..."

Yep. Just another example is the State of Calif. gave gigantic tax breaks to the Hollywood studios to keep them from sending almost all film and teevee production to "tax friendlier climes."

Some stuff is still shot out of Calif., but nothing like what would have happened without the favorable tax breaks.

L.W.
Who cares? I hear Mexico is nice this time of year. Moving to Mexico could be a nice change. No one ever said Mexicans were smart, leaving such a nice country to come to America, a place already ruined by both Mexicans and Liberals.

Mexican Lives Matter!
Originally Posted by luckyguy
Sounds like he offered up $65mm of tax money to give to Carrier to pay those 1100 workers. What a genius of a deal maker! This could get expensive, watch the companies line up now for their Trump welfare.

Here's a plan that doesn't cost anything. If Carrier or any other company moves jobs out of the US to Mexico or anywhere else, the products made there aren't allowed back into the US. Period. Might change their calculations a little bit eh?

The power we have is our market, we should be exerting it.

We don't need a dictator telling companies how to run their business, and we don't need to micromanage deals with individual companies. We need to create a business environment that's advantageous for companies to stay here. If we do, not only will they stay, but other companies will do business in our country and employ Americans. MORE government intervention is never the right answer imo. We already have too much of that now.
Originally Posted by 79S

She moved some entrenched idiots out of place... almost drained a swamp... stopped some out of line spending.

But then she started it big time and Captain Zero (Parnell) came in and simply relit the spending in a slightly different direction. But he did get the hottest spending fire going in state history.

8/5/11 Pennsylvanians4Palin shares:
Of the five governorships examined, Alaska under Palin saw the smallest increase in total debt outstanding (12.7% cumulatively, 4.2% per year). Texas under Perry performed worst, with total debt increasing 20.5% annually, almost tripling during his term (a cumulative increase of 184.2%).
On a per capita basis, only Utah under Huntsman performed slightly better than Alaska under Palin. Utah experienced a cumulative increase of 6.8%, versus 7.4% for Alaska (1.4% per year for Utah, versus 2.5% per year for Alaska). Again, Texas under Perry ranks last, with an astonishing cumulative increase in debt per capita of 140.4% (15.6% on an annual basis).

Total Liabilities
Alaska under Palin was the only state to see a reduction in total liabilities (34.6% overall, 11.5% per year), due in large part to the Governor’s insistence that the State’s surplus be used to pay down unfunded pension obligations and forward-fund education. All other states experienced cumulative increases in total liabilities, ranging from 19.5% for Massachusetts under Romney to 60.6% for Texas under Perry. On an annualized basis, other states showed increases ranging from 4.9% for Massachusetts under Romney to 8.2% for Utah under Huntsman.

Under Palin, Alaska’s total liabilities per capita fell 37.7% (12.6% per year). All other states experienced cumulative increases, ranging between 18.7% (Massachusetts) and 34.3% (Minnesota), and annual increases, averaging between 4.0% (Texas) and 4.9% (Minnesota and Utah).

Here in Indiana we have a $2 billion surplus in the bank. We can afford to give $7 million in incentives to retain 1,000 jobs that pay an average of $60,000/year. With our state income tax rate at 3.1%, that's almost $2 million/year in state income tax, with about a 4 year payback.

Federal government benefits from this - that's about $60 million/year in income that was going to go off the tax roles but now will be taxed. Plus social security, Medicare, etc...

Wonder how many other states would pony up more than that to attract those 1,000 jobs???
In its purest form, socialism was a political, social, and economic system meant to empower the working class. In the U.S. today, though, it's often used as shorthand for "the services that government provides and which are paid for by taxes.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
What Trump did was not crony capitalism. UT/Carrier was going to move to allow it to be competitive in the market.

No, it's called corporate welfare. Plain and simple.

you dont sound like you have much of a clue about big business either.

Lets see how many new Jobs Donald creates, all he did was big mouth a result when all that happened was state money is being used to prop up Carrier. Every other manufacturer is now gunna expect the same treatment

Obama created 16 million jobs since being elected so get back to me when Donald has 1/10 of his success. He has achieved squat to date
Posted By: add Re: Palin Slams Trump Carrier Deal - 12/03/16
I found it.

No.

Again, you did not.

U.S. population is a lot bigger today than during the 1980s, so Reagan created more jobs on a proportional basis than Obama has. And adjusted for inflation, take home pay was a lot higher under Reagan.
comparing Reagan to Obama makes absolutely no sense, you really can only compare the previous player Bowsinger.
1400 laid off.
26 weeks of unemployment about 18 million on Indiana.
2.5 years of TAA and TRA with retraining,about 150 million.
Watching Trump succeed saving American jobs making American products.
priceless..

dave
Originally Posted by RGinther

Lets see how many new Jobs Donald creates, all he did was big mouth a result when all that happened was state money is being used to prop up Carrier. Every other manufacturer is now gunna expect the same treatment

Obama created 16 million jobs since being elected so get back to me when Donald has 1/10 of his success. He has achieved squat to date
Yeah, this economy is booming, and unemployment is super low. That is delusional. Trump isn't President yet, and you are already attacking his lack of job creation. According to you, he was gonna lose bigly..
I have thought many times that the reason Obama was elected president over John McCain was because of Sarah Palin. I think she cost the GOP votes, because of she was very polarizing. Politically, I have no problem with Palin. I think she is about as conservative as they come, and is a very staunch supporter of the Second Amendment. But, she is clueless on many of the issues that someone in the national spotlight must be familiar with. While I think she'd be fine to go hunting or fishing with, or even stranded on a desert island with, I don't particularly care for her having anything to do with the running of our country.
Interesting... Rick Perry offered Toyota $7K per head to consolidate 4 existing U.S. facilities into Plano, TX and all I heard was how happy folks were to have Toyota relocating to TX. Trump offered Carrier $5K per head to keep jobs in the U.S. and everyone is up in arms. Keeping jobs in the U.S. should be worth more than worrying about which state they are located.
palins an actress and only good for the panty sniffing girly men that infest this site.

Qualify this lie. You are no better, worse actually than those you attack. Trump hasn't even taken office yet and you are comparing him to Obama and 8 years of devastation.

Your biggest fear is that Trump will succeed.

WELL LETS SEE IF Trump slaps the EPA silly if he does that will open up hugh incentives for companys take care of ACA obummmercare
on top of that and a 15% tax rate BINGO,,the USA wins.

norm
Palin has a low IQ. Really low.

Lots of politicians are going to be bashing Trump - both Repubs and Dems - as he gets stuff done. They'll be jealous because he is getting stuff done and pissed because he's raising the bar.
Sarah Palin in trump's cabinet after she made a fool of herself when she appeared at one of his rallies during the primaries. I don't think so, doubt she'd even be qualified to be the ladies restroom attendant in the White House.

It appears as though Josh Earnest has a 24hr Campfire account.
Originally Posted by 79S

8/5/11 Pennsylvanians4Palin shares:
Of the five governorships examined, Alaska under Palin saw the smallest increase in total debt outstanding (12.7% cumulatively, 4.2% per year). Texas under Perry performed worst, with total debt increasing 20.5% annually, almost tripling during his term (a cumulative increase of 184.2%).
On a per capita basis, only Utah under Huntsman performed slightly better than Alaska under Palin. Utah experienced a cumulative increase of 6.8%, versus 7.4% for Alaska (1.4% per year for Utah, versus 2.5% per year for Alaska). Again, Texas under Perry ranks last, with an astonishing cumulative increase in debt per capita of 140.4% (15.6% on an annual basis).

Total Liabilities
Alaska under Palin was the only state to see a reduction in total liabilities (34.6% overall, 11.5% per year), due in large part to the Governor’s insistence that the State’s surplus be used to pay down unfunded pension obligations and forward-fund education. All other states experienced cumulative increases in total liabilities, ranging from 19.5% for Massachusetts under Romney to 60.6% for Texas under Perry. On an annualized basis, other states showed increases ranging from 4.9% for Massachusetts under Romney to 8.2% for Utah under Huntsman.

Under Palin, Alaska’s total liabilities per capita fell 37.7% (12.6% per year). All other states experienced cumulative increases, ranging between 18.7% (Massachusetts) and 34.3% (Minnesota), and annual increases, averaging between 4.0% (Texas) and 4.9% (Minnesota and Utah).

"The Wall St Journal is picking up on this issue.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/in...
Today's WSJ has it on the front page.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/st...

The difference between Sarah Palin and the WSJ?
The Journal describes the problem in a lot of words but with no solution or direction or POLICY proposed.

Sarah Palin describes the problem in a few words and summarizes the POLICY that is needed to address the job loss problem."
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Qualify this lie. You are no better, worse actually than those you attack. Trump hasn't even taken office yet and you are comparing him to Obama and 8 years of devastation.

Considering 0 created 0 jobs and Trump alone employs a huge number... I think Trump has a very big edge right out of the gate. If Carrier stays it will be a major accomplishment. While tiny in the grand scheme of all thiings political it is still far more than anything 0 has done.

How did Donalds first 4 attempts at success turn out ?? LMFOA you Punk he lost billions of investors money !!
Originally Posted by gunner500
palins an actress and only good for the panty sniffing girly men that infest this site.

This in spades.

How did Donalds first 4 attempts at success turn out ?? LMFOA you Punk he lost billions of investors money !!

So far you've been wrong about everything

But hey keep swinging
Posted By: 79S Re: Palin Slams Trump Carrier Deal - 12/04/16

Hey it's the kooky crazy Australian trying too make a living posting liberal rants on forums.. so if you make $60 American whats that in Australian ??
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have thought many times that the reason Obama was elected president over John McCain was because of Sarah Palin. I think she cost the GOP votes, because of she was very polarizing.

I think you missed a day in history class. Her crowds were larger than his.
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have thought many times that the reason Obama was elected president over John McCain was because of Sarah Palin. I think she cost the GOP votes, because of she was very polarizing.

I think you missed a day in history class. Her crowds were larger than his.

And Palin remains the only VP pick to reverse campaign momentum and push the top of the ticket into first place until the top screwed up again.
I'd like to think there is one thing we can all agree on....

Bow needs a cold shower....
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'd like to think there is one thing we can all agree on....

Bow needs a cold shower....

I don't need cold showers to read someone's record.

Laugh is all you can do. Typical of a loser in any discussion, you avoid the initial question about proving Obama's 16 million jobs and try to change the subject to Trump. Of course, like all the rest of the stupid left, you want to blame Trump as Obama supporters blamed Bush for failures throughout the Obama presidency.

How could the continuous downward spiral of this country due to poor leadership and pathetic policies, make you want 4 more years of this backwards movement. Do you remember what the defecit was when your chosen one started and what it is now?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/17/budget-deficit-nearly-doubles-during-obama-years/

She's also living proof why women shouldn't hold Office or get to vote either!
[quote=HitnRun][quote=RGinther]

Laugh is all you can do. Typical of a loser in any discussion, you avoid the initial question about proving Obama's 16 million jobs and try to change the subject to Trump. Of course, like all the rest of the stupid left, you want to blame Trump as Obama supporters blamed Bush for failures throughout the Obama presidency.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/17/budget-deficit-nearly-doubles-during-obama-years/

I already posted the answer to your stupid question...

U.S. population is a lot bigger today than during the 1980s, so Reagan created more jobs on a proportional basis than Obama has. And adjusted for inflation, take home pay was a lot higher under Reagan.
Obummer took high paying jobs and threw them in the toilet and replaced them with minimum wage and full time jobs with part time jobs. jobs and they call it progress.
Idiots everyone that be leaves Obummer created jobs during his 8 years.
IDIOTS!!!!!!

Guinney,

you really love to show and tell your stupidity...

you must really be proud of it...

yeah Obama has created 16 million jobs...
all minimum wage part time jobs.... while he has managed to ship at least twice that number of much higher paying jobs over seas to place where those people are paid, pennies on the dollar daily for their labor....

so he and his type are not only putting Americans into poverty.. but how many foreign people who take those jobs over in their own country are paid wages that barely keep them out of poverty there....

but I am sure he's a hero to your type...

and how's Trumps first 4 attempts at success?

You really don't know much about business do ya? Of course living in Mom's basement or spare bed room in her flat will do that to you...

Most successful people have several attempts at success, that don't work out as planned.. yet what they learn from those failures, they can use to turn things into success the next go around...

but for a welfare collector such as yourself, and probably hasn't held a decent paying waged job EVER.... that would be beyond your comprehension....

you really are a JarHead kinda liberal, aren't ya?
all glass on the outside and nothing on the inside...

Keep trying to impress yourself Schitt4Brains..... Mommy will want her little man to take out the trash real soon.. .and you'll lose your train of 'righteous' thought.....

How does it feel to be an embarrassment to the entire nation of Australia?
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

She's also living proof why women shouldn't hold Office or get to vote either!

Awww come on boys...

yeah, she should stay in the kitchen...

but how many of us can say, that more than once, we let a pair of 42 Double D's stop us and listen to her for a few minutes..

but really didn't pay attention to what she was saying...
someone posted a video from Fox News showing where the income created by keeping 1100 jobs was $77M

From that the Federal government got $19M in tax revenue and Indiana got $2.9m....each year

And the cost of the deal was $700K a year.

if those numbers are right, then who is complaining?
Originally Posted by KFWA
someone posted a video from Fox News showing where the income created by keeping 1100 jobs was $77M

From that the Federal government got $19M in tax revenue and Indiana got $2.9m....each year

And the cost of the deal was $700K a year.

if those numbers are right, then who is complaining?

A handful of Carrier executives at the top who wanted to put that $77M in their own pockets.
yep

not too many gated communities for them to live in Mexico is it?
Originally Posted by Seafire

Guinney,

you really love to show and tell your stupidity...

you must really be proud of it...

yeah Obama has created 16 million jobs...
all minimum wage part time jobs.... while he has managed to ship at least twice that number of much higher paying jobs over seas to place where those people are paid, pennies on the dollar daily for their labor....

so he and his type are not only putting Americans into poverty.. but how many foreign people who take those jobs over in their own country are paid wages that barely keep them out of poverty there....

but I am sure he's a hero to your type...

and how's Trumps first 4 attempts at success?

You really don't know much about business do ya? Of course living in Mom's basement or spare bed room in her flat will do that to you...

Most successful people have several attempts at success, that don't work out as planned.. yet what they learn from those failures, they can use to turn things into success the next go around...

but for a welfare collector such as yourself, and probably hasn't held a decent paying waged job EVER.... that would be beyond your comprehension....

you really are a JarHead kinda liberal, aren't ya?
all glass on the outside and nothing on the inside...

Keep trying to impress yourself Schitt4Brains..... Mommy will want her little man to take out the trash real soon.. .and you'll lose your train of 'righteous' thought.....

How does it feel to be an embarrassment to the entire nation of Australia?

Trump only gets 1 chance with the American economy !! he doesnt get the luxury of 4 Bnkruptcies !!!
Posted By: edk Re: Palin Slams Trump Carrier Deal - 12/05/16
I am amazed that someone can put us 10 trillion more indeb tand Ginther thinks he made us better. Does your mother count your lunch money? ED K
edk Obama's spending and tax giveaway was locked in by the previous mob, and considering Bush trashed and tanked the Economy, Obama did well post GFC.

lets see how quickly Trump accelerates the spending cycle !!
Posted By: edk Re: Palin Slams Trump Carrier Deal - 12/05/16
Blaming all this crap on Bush got old at least 4 years ago. Move on. ED K

Succinctly put. She is big government and takes the union mindset that you should punish big corporations.
She is big government and takes the union mindset that you should punish big corporations.

But Carrier is union. United States Steelworkers Union to be exact. grin Didn't obama save GM also?
8/5/11 Governor Palin was a frugal budgeter as the Governor of Alaska. During her tenure, she cut spending 9.5% while also vetoing nearly half a billion dollars in spending. She did this during strong economic times.

It should be noted that in addition to the traditional budget and capital budget that states are responsible for implementing, state governors are also responsible for managing their state debts and liabilities. These are often tied to bonds (both state and municipal) and state worker pensions and the like.

Stacy has addressed this before, but  Pennsylvanians4Palin has a great post  that expands upon this topic by comparing and contrasting the records of Governors Palin, Perry, Pawlenty, Romney, and Huntsman in dealing with state debt and liabilities. Compared to all other candidates and potential candidates, Governor Palin increased the debt at a much slower rate and reduced total liabilities at a much higher rate than any of her fellow governors.
We'll know more after he's sworn in. The details of deals will be public record or will be leaked if they're not.
Originally Posted by edk
I am amazed that someone can put us 10 trillion more indeb tand Ginther thinks he made us better. Does your mother count your lunch money? ED K

Most of us are the type of guys that would roll him for his lunch money, just because he was such a dumbasssed puzzy...

only concept he has about money is from his video games on his Game Boy....

You know, I am at the point of hoping Trump is the vindictive kind, it would serve these bastards right.
© 24hourcampfire