Home
Dude shoots then catches duck:

https://gfycat.com/CreepyOrdinaryIslandcanary

Good way to get a broken wingbone thru the hand..
Posted By: NVhntr Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/04/16
Epic laugh
Impressive!
So Chuck Norris duck hunts!
Posted By: rost495 Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/04/16
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Yep, pretty ignorant really. I've been plenty close more than a few times, but ain't that dumb to catch one.

I will wait until they are over land to shoot though... and if I can manage it so they will fall pretty close i'll wait on that too. And then often as not, miss... LOL
I actually did that once as a kid. Landed literally in my lap...
My brother dropped a bluebill literally in my lap. The danged dog just about killed me trying to do a 3 foot retrieve.
Posted By: boatboy Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/05/16
No mit sign him up

Hank
Posted By: cra1948 Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/05/16
Originally Posted by rost495

I will wait until they are over land to shoot though...

You wouldn't get many shots where I hunt, Jeff. smile
Posted By: cra1948 Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/05/16
I've had a few hit pretty close.
Posted By: hanco Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/05/16
I have caught a few doves shot coming at me.
A friend and I were hunting in a blind and he shot a duck that I could have caught. It fell at my end of the blind, but instead of trying to catch it, I let it hit the floor.

Good way to get hurt.
I'd have called "Infield Fly!" and let it drop.
Posted By: 16bore Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/05/16
Last goose I shot landed at my feet. And last means I'm not shooting anymore because they taste like schit.

At least around here...
Only a libtard troll that's never hunted a day in his/her life would think that's "cool"....

Ignore him.....he's with her...
Originally Posted by 16bore
Last goose I shot landed at my feet. And last means I'm not shooting anymore because they taste like schit.

At least around here...

Chunk up the breast meat and make chili out of it. Slow cooking in chili spices makes almost anything palatable. Only way I've found that I can make use of waterfowl. Outside of chili meat, it's just not for me..
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Only a libtard troll that's never hunted a day in his/her life would think that's "cool"....

Ignore him.....he's with her...

grin
Posted By: slm9s Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/05/16
A big-ass goose that my brother shot landed between my Dad and I once. Man that thing made a 'thwack' when it hit the ground. Not sure what kind of damage it would have done if it had ear-holed me.
Posted By: rost495 Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/05/16

At least around here...

Chunk up the breast meat and make chili out of it. Slow cooking in chili spices makes almost anything palatable. Only way I've found that I can make use of waterfowl. Outside of chili meat, it's just not for me..

I'll up the ante... LOL...

We breast everything, then we make about 500-600 pounds of venison sausage a year. The breasts dissappear into that...

Unless they are teal or canvasback.

At least around here...

Lotta people don't like anything with the iron liver taste. I like it grilled with lots of smoke and served with onions and radish. Had a beef tongue taco the other day that gave me an idea. Might do some enchiladas. The red sauce makes just about anything edible.

Also, what is with the old ladies on here crying all the time? The clown won and they're STILL crying.
A friend watched his hunting buddy get knocked out by a mallard.

As for uneatable waterfowl, I would agree, that is till someone told me to breast the duck and grill the breast leaving it pink in the middle. It is actually quite good and doesn't have that liver flavor.
Originally Posted by rost495

Unless they are teal or canvasback.

Eat the Teal, mount the Canvasback?

My dad really likes eating the teal, but then again he enjoys liver...
Posted By: rost495 Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/05/16
Teal are no where near liver to me. Never have been. Diet may be part of that down here. Who knows. Mallards here are some of the worst I"ve ever had. But I hear on rice they are good.

Canvasbacks, how many do you need mounted?

Rare is the only way to cook duck, well beef and a few other things too.

Knocked out... I totally forgot the hunt a couple of years ago where a duck hit my buddies son in the side of the head, I thought he saw it headed to us, I guess he didn't.. I think if one hit you right it could easily break your neck. I thought he was watching it come down and being his cocky self.
Grab it by the Johnson, shake vigorously.
Posted By: las Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/05/16
I've played duck the duck a couple times.

The funniest was a time my first Lab and I were sitting on a big, 15 foot diameter, 6 foot high, willow-grown beaver house smack in a choke point between an old Yukon River oxbow and the river itself. A perfect blind in a perfect spot.

A mallard came smoking down the lake, directly at us, wingtips tipping the water. I stood to make it flare before I shot, which it did, and I did, but way late on both. I doubt that bird was more than 10 feet off the muzzle.

What remained of the carcass - basically head and feet connected by a couple strings of guts, smacked down hard between me and the dog, sitting 3 feet to my right. The dog stood, leaned over, sniffed the remains, then gave me "The Look", and sat down again, facing away from me.

Nor did he believe me when I told him it was self defense..... smile
Posted By: BMT Re: How to fetch your own duck - 12/05/16
Helluva catch.

I agree that it is wise to duck the duck.
© 24hourcampfire