Home
Posted By: krp Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
Haley for UN...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ecretary-nomination-trump-administration
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
I read that while Romney's still on the short list for State, Trump is wanting to expand the list. Apparently he doesn't like who's on it right now.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
I hope he shows better decision making skills than he displayed in whether to take the job, or not...
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I read that while Romney's still on the short list for State, Trump is wanting to expand the list. Apparently he doesn't like who's on it right now.

That makes two of us.
Posted By: hanco Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
Johnny???
Posted By: ingwe Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
Im liking that choice. A lot.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That makes two of us.

That makes three of us.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I hope he shows better decision making skills than he displayed in whether to take the job, or not...

Same here.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
I absolutely don't get Carson for HUD.. except that he's black. Why not Health & Human Services? Much less Surgeon General.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I absolutely don't get Carson for HUD.. except that he's black. Why not Health & Human Services? Much less Surgeon General.

When a black man starts cutting and revising entitlements, the blacks won't be able to use the race card with much credit.
Posted By: mathman Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
They'll start calling him Uncle Ben and say he isn't black anymore because his high level of education culturally bleached him.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
Yup. White man's medicine, math, science, etc.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
Originally Posted by mathman
They'll start calling him Uncle Ben and say he isn't black anymore because his high level of education culturally bleached him.

well you can take the spade out of the ghetto, but NEVER can ya take the ghetto out of the spade...
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16

I think Trump is just toying with Romney,...making him show up with his hat in his hand over and over.

It's how Trump is demonstrating to the people how little dignity Romney has.

I get it and it isn't because he is black. It is because he is one of the smartest people on the planet in analyzing solutions for near impossible problems.

Turning the tide on the inner city problems is about as difficult as one could imagine. I would rather put one of our best and brightest in charge of those problems. Dr. Carson fills the bill for me.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
It's easy to fix the inner city problems, the issue is no one in government can stomach the solution.
Originally Posted by Longbob

I get it and it isn't because he is black. It is because he is one of the smartest people on the planet in analyzing solutions for near impossible problems.

Turning the tide on the inner city problems is about as difficult as one could imagine. I would rather put one of our best and brightest in charge of those problems. Dr. Carson fills the bill for me.

Hmm...
1) put one of the smartest people in charge of something he's totally unfamiliar with and see how good of a job he can do on something that wasn't a major campaign issue?
2) put him in charge of Health & Human Services and the FDA with an upcoming repeal of ObamaCare and let him see what he can do to streamline drug approvals, reduce ridiculous red tape and wipe out thousands of pages of bad regulations, and preside over Medicare/Medicaid? All of which he's intimately familiar with and it was a top camplaign issue.

Hmm...
1) put one of the smartest people in charge of something he's totally unfamiliar with and see how good of a job he can do on something that wasn't a major campaign issue?
2) put him in charge of Health & Human Services and the FDA with an upcoming repeal of ObamaCare and let him see what he can do to streamline drug approvals, reduce ridiculous red tape and wipe out thousands of pages of bad regulations, and preside over Medicare/Medicaid? All of which he's intimately familiar with and it was a top camplaign issue.

And this is coming from someone that thought Trump didn't have a shot.

This is going to be your default answer for the next 4 years every time you can't provide a real answer?

Just answer how "Only going to get the best people" equates to putting one of the brightest minds on the planet (according to you) in charge of something he doesn't know rather than in charge of something he's an expert in AND is a top priority? Is there somebody BETTER at Health & Human Services that Trump is going to get? Is Carson's opinions on the pyramids being built to store grain maybe something that he'll use to drastically fix inner city housing problem? Maybe he can use to that turn inner city projects into grain silos? I mean, I can't keep up with the thoughts that a brightest mind on the planet has...
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I think Trump is just toying with Romney,...making him show up with his hat in his hand over and over.

It's how Trump is demonstrating to the people how little dignity Romney has.

That's what I figured from the moment he asked Romney. It's hilarious watching Romney grovel for a job from a man he besmirched from the beginning. Typical slimeball politician.

This is going to be your default answer for the next 4 years every time you can't provide a real answer?

Just answer how "Only going to get the best people" equates to putting one of the brightest minds on the planet (according to you) in charge of something he doesn't know rather than in charge of something he's an expert in AND is a top priority? Is there somebody BETTER at Health & Human Services that Trump is going to get? Is Carson's opinions on the pyramids being built to store grain maybe something that he'll use to drastically fix inner city housing problem? Maybe he can use to that turn inner city projects into grain silos? I mean, I can't keep up with the thoughts that a brightest mind on the planet has...

Wow. You have some real issues working there. In a week maybe you won't be so uptight.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
Carson is far from unfamiliar with housing and urban development issues.

Unlike most in DC and gov't at any level, he was raised in an inner city and in housing projects. That lends a bit more than a little experience. He was Waldo very involved in the design and creation of inner city revitalization, re-investment, and rebuilding efforts - including joint public/private school ventures - in Baltimore and was to lead one of the biggest of them after leaving pediatric neurosurgery until the LGBT mafia had him ousted at Hopkins because he wouldn't say they deserved more rights than others.

He'll be a very good choice for HUD.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Carson for HUD... - 12/05/16
As for HHS - yes; Price is a very good pick.

Surgeon General is powerless; why banish Carson there?
Wow. You have some real issues working there. In a week maybe you won't be so uptight.

You and Carson have the same problem.. not being smart enough to keep your yap closed when you are clueless rather than throw out something totally irrelevant.

Ben Carson IS a genius.. but has repeatedly shown over the last few years that his breadth of knowledge is quite specific and that he's lost when he gets out of his areas of expertise. Folks like John Bolton are brilliant and have a grasp on facts off the top of their heads in dozens of different disciplines. That's just not Ben Carson.

It's not like the head of HUD makes headlines, so I can't really see this as being a big deal. It just seems like shoving a square peg into a round hole in the hopes that 6 or 12 months into the job Ben will have a good enough grasp on the agency to make some big changes. And hope that what he does before he gets fully up to speed doesn't have some unintended consequences - there are a TON of regulations in HUD that surely need to be revised/removed.

I hope he does well.. But I'd have LOVED to see him take on the FDA and streamline the drug and medical devices testing and approval process or attack the pricing for medical procedures and medicine under Medicare/Medicaid.
Originally Posted by 4ager
Carson is far from unfamiliar with housing and urban development issues.

Unlike most in DC and gov't at any level, he was raised in an inner city and in housing projects. That lends a bit more than a little experience. He was Waldo very involved in the design and creation of inner city revitalization, re-investment, and rebuilding efforts - including joint public/private school ventures - in Baltimore and was to lead one of the biggest of them after leaving pediatric neurosurgery until the LGBT mafia had him ousted at Hopkins because he wouldn't say they deserved more rights than others.

He'll be a very good choice for HUD.

I appreciate that info on being involved in the stuff in Baltimore.. I'd never heard any of that (I knew he grew up poor but that doesn't necessarily qualify him to fix it).

That makes more sense.
© 24hourcampfire