Home
Posted By: claybreaker A hunter's CHRISTmas tree - 12/06/16
Last week the wife and I took a little time and drove over to see the Biltmore Estate with the CHRISTmas decorations.

As we toured through the house and taking in the sights and thinking about the effort and the $$$ needed to acquire, create, and furnish such a place. I was some what surprised when I came upon this tree (one of very many) that definitely had a hunter's influence (I think this was in the tapestry room). Website says more than 70 decorated trees, I didn't count'em smile

[Linked Image]

Here's a couple more from our trip. (cell phone photos)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

the Biltmore is absolutely amazing. if you haven't been, go, and allow for at least a whole day.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: Gus Re: A hunter's CHRISTmas tree - 12/06/16
the whole area is good, including the surrounding forests. and the russian stock boars aren't bad either.
OOkie, I hadn't seen anything like your top photo while touring the house/ground and looking at the construction photos. Thanks for posting.

I did seen where they had built a railroad to get materials to the site and the workers hitched a ride on it also for their daily trip to the house from Asheville. They removed the rail after the house was finished.... 'er most of it anyway.
Posted By: hanco Re: A hunter's CHRISTmas tree - 12/07/16
Thanks for posting that
Posted By: Pat85 Re: A hunter's CHRISTmas tree - 12/07/16
Back then wealthy industrialist built those homes. Now it's professional athletes.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: A hunter's CHRISTmas tree - 12/07/16

I am going to hang one of these this year, just got to work out which flavour is most Christmassy.

[Linked Image]
"de plane de plane".... or here "de tree de tree"

Well, I not sure if everyone seen these and failed to comment, or no one seen them and failed to comment or ask. Or maybe you just had to be there.

[Linked Image]

But I was surprised to see these and they produced a smile.

Merry CHRISTmas,
Posted By: kid0917 Re: A hunter's CHRISTmas tree - 12/09/16
Yes! Keep CHRIST in Christmas, there is no "X" involved.
© 24hourcampfire