Home
Took a stroll through Gallensen's in Salt Lake City yesterday, just because it's a cool store. They still had some 300 round boxes out at $29.99, but were in the process of putting out CCI Mini Mags in 100 round slide top boxes for $8.95. It seems that prices are coming down and shelves are filling up, at least at Gallensen's.
just buy it online by the case......

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-american-eagle-22-lr-ammo-38-grain-plhp-ae22-p-1404.aspx

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/aguila-superextra-ammo-22-lr-40-grain-hv-sp-p-3436.aspx
I bought two of the 300 round packs of CCI mini mags yesterday at the local BiMart for $22.00 per. Haven't seen .22lr ammo on the shelves around here for quite a while.
What happened to 22 mag

I'm 2+ hrs from any good retail source......

online..............
Originally Posted by denton
Took a stroll through Gallensen's in Salt Lake City yesterday, just because it's a cool store. They still had some 300 round boxes out at $29.99, but were in the process of putting out CCI Mini Mags in 100 round slide top boxes for $8.95. It seems that prices are coming down and shelves are filling up, at least at Gallensen's.

That's good to hear. Other than boxes of 325 for $40, there haven't been ANY .22's available locally since 2007.

When I can buy bricks again for less than $17, Then I'll believe it to be over.

Kaiser Norton
The news has yet to reach east-central Iowa.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

We're going to make your area great a bit later than others due to the Cruz debacle.

Patience.

Dave

Thankfully, I'm up in the NW corner of Iowa close to Sioux Falls, SD which is already Great Again.
Still pushing @$.10 per round here in ohio.
Sometimes a but less, but i think it is the new norm. They know they can get it, and will.
Cabelas has Federal 325rd pack 19.99. Please leave some for everyone else.
When I can finally buy CCI Stingers off the shelf again from my LGS, only THEN will it be over. I've got plenty of the el cheapo .22 ammo for plinking, but I miss the real stuff for varmint shooting at the Ranch.
Stores are stocked here in central PA with 22s, brass, primers, and powder. I think distributors want to unload it now. Supply and demand has shifted. 325 automatch has been 18 bucks and available for a couple months. CCI standard is 39/500.
even up here the Outpost has 325 boxes for under $20.

Counter feller let me know when I picked up my new 10/22 that I won Friday night at the SCI Christmas party. Lucky me! smile
sportsmans Whs has Federal Champion target for $22 for a box of 375. That's under .06/round.
Lets get some more
Originally Posted by earlybrd
What happened to 22 mag

Damned if I know!

They're still selling rifles and handguns chambered for it, but I don't see why anyone would buy them since ammo is so hard to find.
Just got a few boxes of these for the wife's stocking

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Steelhead

[Linked Image]

Ammo packaged in a keepsake ornament! I'll have to watch for that.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I bought two of the 300 round packs of CCI mini mags yesterday at the local BiMart for $22.00 per. Haven't seen .22lr ammo on the shelves around here for quite a while.

Is Bi-Mart still only allowing you two boxs of ammo a day? Have not been in one since Sept. and they did not have any 22 then. Will have to check again this weekend.
I was in Academy yesterday and they had rimfire ammo from about every manufacturer available. I bought 325 Federal's for $18 and Aguila Pistol Match's for $4 a box. They still had a limit of 500 rounds per sale.
Originally Posted by EdM
I was in Academy yesterday and they had rimfire ammo from about every manufacturer available. I bought 325 Federal's for $18 and Aguila Pistol Match's for $4 a box. They still had a limit of 500 rounds per sale.

Nice. I had a $.05 per round limit and it was a bit difficult for a minute there! 325 for $18 is close enough.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That's good to hear. Other than boxes of 325 for $40, there haven't been ANY .22's available locally since 2007.

I don't know where you live, but more rural areas seemed to be the worst with ridiculous prices. Mom and pop were scalpin' the schit outta folks.
I just hope hollow points get cheap for high volume gopher blasting
What happened to 22 mag

It's a VERY small market. The 17s have driven it's sales down drastically.

Also, it isn't a particularly accurate round.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I don't know where you live, but more rural areas seemed to be the worst with ridiculous prices. Mom and pop were scalpin' the schit outta folks.

And here I thought rural folks were good people. grin
We moved here 2 1/2 years ago. Since then, every time I go to the local Walmart I cruise by the sporting goods department and window shop ammo. There has been no rimfire stuff and very little .223/5.56 in 2 1/2 years. Immediately after the election the shelves were filled. There is now all kinds of .22 LR including stingers, etc, .22 WRM in several flavors, 17 HMR and even CCI .22 Shorts. The only thing missing is .17 M2. Looks like all the hoarders will end up eating the stuff.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
What happened to 22 mag

Damned if I know!

They're still selling rifles and handguns chambered for it, but I don't see why anyone would buy them since ammo is so hard to find.

Capital Sports in Helena had some last week. They had CCI 30gr VMax, and Win 40 gr JHP.

I picked up a couple boxes of the Win, at 12.99/50 rounds.
At least it's getting to the point when one asks if they have any 22 rim, we don't get laughed at.
Yep,none around here yet. Cabelas had that special one day sale of those 350 rd boxes,but other bricks on their shelves were in the $65 range.

Every once in awhile Walmart gets some in, but the same guys are there and know exactly when they hit the shelves and buy them all
This past Friday evening local Walmart had a few Winchester '333' round bulk packs of .22lr hp @ $17.37 plus the same in 100 round plastic box for about $6.00 per.
Also had some CCI .22 magnum at about $13.00 per 50.

Same day local farm supply store had Armscor and Winchester .22 magnum @ $16.00 and $15.00 per 50.

When I started seeing relatively fair priced name brand .22 lr still on the store shelves in the evenings I figured the early morning hoarders/gougers had pretty well hit their limits.

Originally Posted by Steelhead

[Linked Image]

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes,lttppowell
Originally Posted by luv2safari
What happened to 22 mag

It's a VERY small market. The 17s have driven it's sales down drastically.

Neither is the 17HMR if there is more than a slight breeze!
I haven't seen .22 LR on the shelves of the two "local" Walmarts in years. I saw some .17 and 22 Mag. in one of them the other night though, but I don't really look for those two rounds that much, so maybe they're there often. I started out with 10k rounds and have bought it whenever I could, usually at other Walmart's and so probably still have about that much on hand. I guess I was hoarding it before hoarding was cool, but hoarders aren't the problem. The problem is those guys who are buying it for resale. I have no problem with that either, but place the blame where it really lies.
It's safe to say the reselling days are over. Supply will return to normal in a year or two I'm sure.

Dave
not sure the shortage is 'over', not by a long shot. Local Wally World has not had any to speak of since 2012. Most LGS around here are short stocked, and at ridiculous prices.
Our new Bass Pro had Winchester boxes of 100, a small stack on a counter, for $9.99 each.
400 rds for $30? I'd pass..

Last 4 bricks I bought (500 rds ea.) were $18 - and that was only a rather short time ago..

Local Fleet Farm had 22 mag two weeks ago and I cannot recall the exact price, but it wasn't bad at all. Dang near normal... smile
Originally Posted by Redneck

Local Fleet Farm had 22 mag two weeks ago and I cannot recall the exact price, but it wasn't bad at all. Dang near normal... smile

That's all Fleet Farm ever has! But it's not a bad price when they do. I only have a 22mag revolver so I don't buy much.

I really should get a rifle in .22 mag.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
What happened to 22 mag

I have a more than fifty-year-old Anschutz that would change your mind about that. It currently wears a Leupold 3-9 EFR rimfire scope and is very dangerous to any reasonable .22 mag prey at any reasonable .22 mag range which, to me, is about 175 yards or so.
Originally Posted by tzone

That's all Fleet Farm ever has! But it's not a bad price when they do. I only have a 22mag revolver so I don't buy much.

They had regular 22rf also, but it was still a bit high, IMHO..

Originally Posted by deflave
It's safe to say the reselling days are over. Supply will return to normal in a year or two I'm sure.

Dave
I fully believe you're correct.

They had regular 22rf also, but it was still a bit high, IMHO..

Dave
I fully believe you're correct.

I have plenty 22lr ammo right now. Enough for the rest of this year and summer/fall for sure. I'll not hesitate to buy some up tho when it's decent.

My buckmark only reliably cycles CCI, so I buy those whenever I can. It REALLY shoots them well.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
When I can finally buy CCI Stingers off the shelf again from my LGS, only THEN will it be over. I've got plenty of the el cheapo .22 ammo for plinking, but I miss the real stuff for varmint shooting at the Ranch.

When I read the OP that was going to be my response. That and the idiot vendors at our local gun shows haven't gotten the memo that 22LR ammo isn't a rare and precious jewel anymore.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Thankfully, I'm up in the NW corner of Iowa close to Sioux Falls, SD which is already Great Again.
when was Sioux Falls great before?
Still don't see any on the shelves here in Montana.
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

when was Sioux Falls great before?
He's obviously upwind of the hogs.. laugh laugh
varmints beware
Originally Posted by cra1948
We moved here 2 1/2 years ago. Since then, every time I go to the local Walmart I cruise by the sporting goods department and window shop ammo. There has been no rimfire stuff and very little .223/5.56 in 2 1/2 years. Immediately after the election the shelves were filled. There is now all kinds of .22 LR including stingers, etc, .22 WRM in several flavors, 17 HMR and even CCI .22 Shorts. The only thing missing is .17 M2. Looks like all the hoarders will end up eating the stuff.

I admit to being a bit of a hoarder. Not really sure how much I had on hand when the crunch hit as I'm still finding stashes here and there.

I had enough on hand that I never feared running out for myself and family, including 2 grandsons. And we all shoot.

And I never sold a round of it. I gave 21 bricks away to various folk and organizations. There've been a lot of local kids who got their 1st .22 and might have had to wait years to shoot it if it hadn't been for hoarders like myself.

Prices ever really return to normal, I'll likely salt away another stash or 2. There's nothing wrong with hoarding when the markets are full and prices low.
I could not get CCI CB shorts for years at a time. There was nothing on the internet.

But now, buying 22 from gun stores is like picking up girls on Mars............smaller selection.

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr
Was just in the local Cabelas over the noon hour and there was more .22 in more brands than I have seen recently, so that is positive.
Originally Posted by Clarkm

But now, buying 22 from gun stores is like picking up girls on Mars............smaller selection.

You've been to Adelaide?

Girls on Mars
I was in Sportsmans Whs this morning. They have piles of standard velocity and target ammo but they have no HP's or high speed at all.
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by cra1948

I admit to being a bit of a hoarder. Not really sure how much I had on hand when the crunch hit as I'm still finding stashes here and there.

I had enough on hand that I never feared running out for myself and family, including 2 grandsons. And we all shoot.

And I never sold a round of it. I gave 21 bricks away to various folk and organizations. There've been a lot of local kids who got their 1st .22 and might have had to wait years to shoot it if it hadn't been for hoarders like myself.

Prices ever really return to normal, I'll likely salt away another stash or 2. There's nothing wrong with hoarding when the markets are full and prices low.

I'm sure we're all a little that way.Long before all the shortages I used to always buy some bricks of .22's, some white box 9mm and .45 and Lake City green tips every time I went to Walmart.

I was referring more to those who clean out the stores (probably with inside help) before the rest of us can get to it with the idea of cashing in at inflated prices at gunshows and such. I have got to believe that was going on locally. For 2 1/2 years they had absolutely NO .22 RF stuff on the shelf. Days after the election they've got everything you could imagine.

I was in a local Walmart and they had 100 round boxes of Winchester Power Points for $6.97
I was in a local Walmart and they had 100 round boxes of Winchester Power Points for $6.97

That's a big improvement!

Made a recreational trip to Smith and Edwards today, and I have to ask: What 22 mag shortage? smile

[Linked Image]

If you haven't been to Smith and Edwards or to Gallensen's, you've missed a couple of really interesting stores.

Made a recreational trip to Smith and Edwards today, and I have to ask: What 22 mag shortage? smile

[Linked Image]

If you haven't been to Smith and Edwards or to Gallensen's, you've missed a couple of really interesting stores.

Wow!!! I can't remember the last time I have seen that much 22 Magnum in a store.
Originally Posted by barm

[Linked Image]

Wow!!! I can't remember the last time I have seen that much 22 Magnum in a store.

More than that at our local Walmart which, before the election, had none for 2 1/2 years.
Cabelas had a bunch of 22 LR online last week.

The surge hasn't made it to SW Utah yet.

Paul
Seeing little but still about $10 to $12 per brick over pre-crunch prices.
Saw 22lr Cci standard velocity and 22 mag maxi mag at Walmart today. First they have had in close to two years, you cannot tell me that magically these are now available.
The so called shortage did what it was intended to do, jack up the prices on all rimfire ammo
still very scarce in SE Iowa
Seeing it more frequently in the Minneapolis area. Bought three boxes of Mini Mags at my Wal-Mart this week. Could have bought more-it was still on the shelf the next day.
Originally Posted by bea175
The so called shortage did what it was intended to do, jack up the prices on all rimfire ammo

Exact amundo !
Originally Posted by Craigster

Exact amundo !

Clear your cards, folks; we have a BINGO!

Exact amundo !

So just to be clear, you believe the manufacturers slowed production in order to drive up prices?

So following that logic they lost millions in sales in order to drive up prices?

Hmmm, having a hard time wrapping my head around that.
Well the market flood has not happened here in Colorado Springs,unless you want to pay the $50-$60 a brick when you do find them
Originally Posted by irfubar

So just to be clear, you believe the manufacturers slowed production in order to drive up prices?

Ever hear of OPEC?

So following that logic they lost millions in sales in order to drive up prices?

OPEC didn't lose money lowering production, they increased profit per barrel thereby making more profit for less work.

Originally Posted by Fireball2

Ever hear of OPEC?

OPEC didn't lose money lowering production, they increased profit per barrel thereby making more profit for less work.

So all the ammo manufacturers conspired?

Including the foreign manufacturers?

Just doesn't add up to me.

Then again none of it makes sense?

Did the ammo manufacturers form their own version of OPEC?

My best guess is government interference?

Who knows?
Not gonna be over around HERE until the local militia die-hards finally begin to croak and the estate sales begin.
NW MT is kind of a black hole when it comes to reloading and rimfire. Everyone shoots, or claims they do.
Low supply makes for high demand... High demand makes for inflated pricing.

I honestly believe the manufactures were soley responsible.

g
Originally Posted by kellory
Still pushing @$.10 per round here in ohio.
Sometimes a but less, but i think it is the new norm. They know they can get it, and will.

Cabelas. - Not sure if there is one close to you but in I go to the one in West Chester.
Sit tight, y'all. If things go the way your Econ 101 prof said it should, my guess is that we'll see prices drop over time. I'm not predicting penny-a-round levels, but lower than they are now.

If Trump is able to do what he says he wants to do about 2nd Amendment guarantees, I would think that market forces will drive all firearm and ammo prices down a bit. The "New Norm" is in our heads. We've been through 8 years of worrying that some $hitbag was going to take our guns away. It will take time for everyone to adjust, but if we really believe in Conservative principles, then we have to believe that market forces will prevail.

What I see in Trump's first term is gun owners are going to be like my folks. They went through the Depression. Mom was still saving string and washing out breadbags clear into the 70's.

I saw quite a bit in skSAnchorage, but it seems that the prices are double for half the product.
It's all WalMart's fault, I tell you! It's WalMart!. This started settling down last fall. Go to the flea markets around here and there was alot of .22 on the tables, and none of it was moving at the inflated prices. I work for WalMart, and I can tell you that the demand has definitely tapered off. The guys that used to call every night to see what came in on the trucks aren't there any more. A case of .22 sits on the shelves for over 2 days, as opposed to the 20 minutes it too to sell through it a while back. Take a deep breath and step back from the ledge guys.......
Not around here.. some 22 Mag and 17 on the shelves but not much else to see. Once in a while you'll see a 50 pack of target 22 lr for about 9.00. No high speed at all..
It must be a heck of an internal conflict with gun and ammo manufacturers wondering who they want elected. Democrats sell more guns and ammo, but tax and drive them out of existence, eventually.

*short term benefit vs. long term existence

Not. Not at all. People were and are buying them. The Federal Ammunitoin plant in Anoka, MN couldn't hire enough people our build a line fast enough to produce for the demand. They couldn't economically add another line or to production because when the shortage was out, they'd be out the money and have an idle line.

It was supply and demand, but I don't see the prices going back down.

I would imagine cost increases of components as well as increases in manufacturing overhead costs in general would probably limit any substantial reduction of retail prices, now and in the future.

Exact amundo !

The same tactic was used to jack up gas prices and it never came back down.
Yes, and such things as seasonal change-over in formulation, hurricanes in the Gulf, and Chinese consumption all have just as great an effect on .22lr as they did on gasoline.

Not. Not at all. People were and are buying them. The Federal Ammunitoin plant in Anoka, MN couldn't hire enough people our build a line fast enough to produce for the demand. They couldn't economically add another line or to production because when the shortage was out, they'd be out the money and have an idle line.

It was supply and demand, but I don't see the prices going back down.
I actually think they will, but it'll take another couple years..

Last NRA show I went to in St. Louis the Remington reps said they weren't taking any more orders for .22 ammo and were (at that time) SIX YEARS out on production... Geez..

And that was in 2012..

Exact amundo !

Obama had to be at the heart of it. Someplace deep at the sea bottom are billions of rounds of 22. Can't prove it, but I believe it.
Anyone waiting for prices to go back where they were, is done shooting. That won't happen. Virtually NO prices stays static for 8 years. I'm glad things are leveling off, but when the prices go back down, I'll start buying RF ammo again to get ready for the next go around.
Was in a Walmart the other morning and a lady in the sportings good section ASKED ME IF I NEEDED ANY 22???? A CLERK ASKING ME! As what she had and it was a winchester 1000 round pack. My stuff prefers Federals and I already have 4 times as much as I used to keep. But think about it....a clerk asking me if I needed 22!
Originally Posted by travelingman1
Was in a Walmart the other morning and a lady in the sportings good section ASKED ME IF I NEEDED ANY 22???? A CLERK ASKING ME! As what she had and it was a winchester 1000 round pack. My stuff prefers Federals and I already have 4 times as much as I used to keep. But think about it....a clerk asking me if I needed 22!

Musta had your tight fittin' jeans on, huh?
Blush, well I do not want to brag!!!
Is 7¢ a round for Auto Match good, bad, or indifferent?
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Is 7¢ a round for Auto Match good, bad, or indifferent?

If you're needing ammo it's not bad, but certainly not great.
It surely isn't the 2¢ that I was paying back in the 90's for that Czech Hanson stuff that I liked so well. Wouldn't it be nice to get back to that!?
When Trump makes America great again, copper prices will likely rise substantially.
Its not even close to over. I still cant go to a store and buy 22lr ammo at will like I used to. Most of the stuff that does show is that garbage remington crap
Havent seen 22 ammo at any walmart in almost couple years now
The Wal-mart in Idaho Falls had 22 ammo behind the counter but it was all target grade 10 or 12¢a round stuff. I think my personal level is 5¢ before I'll buy in.

Still no .22 ammo at our local Walmart. It's still over priced at the gunshow last weekend and still over priced and little selection at the Sportsman's Warehouse in town. Don't bother asking for .22 magnum.

Some of us are still waiting for fairly priced and available .22 ammo.

My guess is someone is waiting for Mr. Obama to leave town before we will see it.

kwg
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
The Wal-mart in Idaho Falls had 22 ammo behind the counter but it was all target grade 10 or 12¢a round stuff. I think my personal level is 5¢ before I'll buy in.

5¢ would be great, I've bit when it hit 7¢.

Sycamore
until I can walk into Walmart and buy bulk 22 blasting ammo at a reasonable price the shortage isn't over for me.
I'm having better luck getting ammo here and there but it's still ridiculous.
In another thread, Mule Deer said that a lot of the super-cheap ammo from days gone by was sold at a loss to promote the other offerings from the same manufacturer. Can't expect them to sell at a loss when they can sell all they make and more, or add capacity to meet a temporary demand driven by panic buying and speculators.

I'm content paying $.08 -$.10 a round for good ammo like MiniMags and a lot more for premium hunting ammo. Got no use for crappy bulk at all, at any price.
Read this thread earlier, had to snort a little. Went to the usual outlets online and found quite a bit of .22 RF ammo available. Low end was .07/rd, high was up around .43/rd for some sort of high end Federal match crap.

There were still many brands/types unavailable.

I can and do load small cap cases with cast bullets for less and it's available when I want it.

.22 Hornet: 159 bullets/ pound of lead or .63 cent/bullet. 3500 shots/pound of powder(~.86 cent/shot) and a .03 primer. Today's prices for a homemade .22RF substitute that comes in for less than a nickel/rd. The .25-20 costs about 6 cent per with a fair bit more snap than a rimfire. The .45 flinter is about .12 cents per shot and deer rated.

I don't see the problem. If a fella was wanting the market to settle just follow a different path for a spell. Times are coming when RF prices will tank and availability go way up.
There's a fair amount of .22 ammo in stores in this area and I can get almost anything online, but prices are still a bit high. I think prices will decline a bit more over time but the days of Federal 555 bulk pack at $.03 a round are not likely to return.
From time to time local Walmart has had Fed "Match", std vel. solid nose in 325 rd. bulk pack for $17.47.
Also had 100 rd box CCI Mini-Mag and Winchester high vel. hollow points, both priced at around $6-$7 per.
Winchester, "333" round bulk packs, HV/HP, for $17.37.
CCI std vel, 50 rd box, $3.47.
CCI Stingers have been the most expensive .22lr I've seen at Walmart so far.

Something I think revealing was each time there was stock of the above and at times some others too still on the shelves it was in the mid afternoon to early evening.
Leads me to suspect the early morning gouger re-sellers have pretty much backed off around my area at least for the time being.

The bottom fell out of the redneck 401K. The new logo is "Make 22LR scarce again"
Talking to the man at the local Walmart, and they keep some .22 hid back. He said it is still gone as soon as it hits the shelf. Ya have to ask for it. I did not need any, was just asking. miles
They have plenty in tomball
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Read this thread earlier, had to snort a little. Went to the usual outlets online and found quite a bit of .22 RF ammo available. Low end was .07/rd, high was up around .43/rd for some sort of high end Federal match crap.

There were still many brands/types unavailable.

I can and do load small cap cases with cast bullets for less and it's available when I want it.

.22 Hornet: 159 bullets/ pound of lead or .63 cent/bullet. 3500 shots/pound of powder(~.86 cent/shot) and a .03 primer. Today's prices for a homemade .22RF substitute that comes in for less than a nickel/rd. The .25-20 costs about 6 cent per with a fair bit more snap than a rimfire. The .45 flinter is about .12 cents per shot and deer rated.

I don't see the problem. If a fella was wanting the market to settle just follow a different path for a spell. Times are coming when RF prices will tank and availability go way up.

Not quite crazy enough to cast for my Hornet just yet, but I can make great .22 Mag-level loads for less than factory, and they shoot better than either of the Mag rifles I owned. The one I'm working on now features the Speer 46gr FP which ought to smack 'em pretty good. Those bullets on sale go for about $.14 each, and collet-sized brass is almost free, after the initial purchase. The Hornet, though pretty popular, deserves to be more so, as do the smallbore WCFs, but velocity sells, and small game shooting, as opposed to varminting, is fading, for a couple of reasons.
Palmetto State Armory's most recent email has .22Mag at a fair price with free shipping on 10 boxes.

[Linked Image]

Bob
I can't complain,I bought 1200 rounds of 22wrf this summer.
I ordered some 22 ammo from Midway that is 21 grain and made for California. Add says it is 1850 velocity. Any reports on how this is going to work in semi auto guns.
Palmetto State Armory weekend email has .22 ammo at 0.08 per round with free shipping on 3+ bricks.

[Linked Image]

Bob
I saw several brands of 22 mag at Cabelas in Idaho Falls on Friday evening. Didn't notice the price.
Bought some CCI 22 Mag at Sportsman's Warehouse the other day. The only bulk 22LR they had was Remington, so I passed.
I need to shoot some up.
Shortage will be over when I can get Winchester .22 WMR 40 gr HP and solid for $9.99.
The shortage isn't over, but it is certainly easing. In the 2 towns closest to me I can find most any rimfire I want, albeit at a somewhat inflated price.

I can drive 30 miles and buy all the american eagle or federal champion I want for $3.49/50. Picked up 5 boxes of each last night. This store is only a short detour on my way home from work, so they are a good resource for me.

The box retailers closest to me are Farm and Fleet and Walmart. Neither has any rimfire on the shelves. It obviously aint' over yet...

Originally Posted by Cabarillo
I ordered some 22 ammo from Midway that is 21 grain and made for California. Add says it is 1850 velocity. Any reports on how this is going to work in semi auto guns.

Good luck.

Travis
Originally Posted by shootem
Shortage will be over when I can get Winchester .22 WMR 40 gr HP and solid for $9.99.

Get real dude.

I can grab you a bunch for $14.99 though.

Dave
until I can walk into Walmart and buy bulk 22 blasting ammo at a reasonable price the shortage isn't over for me.

Did you ask? Reason for this is that I was at the local Walmart the other day, chatting with the man at the sporting goods counter, and asked about the .22 ammo. I did not need any, but was curious. He said they kept it out of sight or it was gone instantly. They have it and are not saving it for anybody, just trying to keep it available. I don't know if all are doing this or not. miles
We called the cause of the shortage...

Obamascare
Originally Posted by Leonten
We called the cause of the shortage...

Obamascare

And we can see how important it was to get out in front of it. wink
Originally Posted by shootem

Get real dude.

I can grab you a bunch for $14.99 though.

Dave

I think,
Therefore I'm real.

Careful what you grab. I hear that can create problems for those of your high self esteem. As for the price....patience, patience, patience. Have about 150. Enough to slay a dumb coydog if he lingers in the yard.
Originally Posted by johnw
The shortage isn't over, but it is certainly easing. In the 2 towns closest to me I can find most any rimfire I want, albeit at a somewhat inflated price.

I can drive 30 miles and buy all the american eagle or federal champion I want for $3.49/50. Picked up 5 boxes of each last night. This store is only a short detour on my way home from work, so they are a good resource for me.

The box retailers closest to me are Farm and Fleet and Walmart. Neither has any rimfire on the shelves. It obviously aint' over yet...

Wal mart had a half shelf of CCI .22 WMR this morning. Substantial amount of .17HMR in 2 varieties.
CCI quiet .22, and short CB caps, a few boxes of each. Took a look yesterday and about the only thing I couldn't lay hands on, locally, was the mini mag HP. And I still have a few................ thousand...
My WalMart still doesn't have it in any quantity. I'm seeing it at Bass Pro in limited quantities and they still hide it behind the counter.
Or central central.
Originally Posted by Kaiser Norton

When I can buy bricks again for less than $17, Then I'll believe it to be over.

Kaiser Norton
You won't. Everything has gone up except middle class wages. You'll never see those days again.
there'll never be any cheap bricks again.
the scalpers and the folks that paid their
outrageous stupid prices have seen to that.
(at least in this area)

no shortage around here.
© 24hourcampfire