Home
Posted By: viking Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Not me. I gave up drinking a few years ago.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
We had sparkling grape juice, some good gouda cheese on Ritz crackers. I quit drinking years ago, too.

We kept it simple. My stepdaughter just moved in with us, and she doesn't need any alcohol or other mood-altering chemicals, as she doesn't handle them well.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Not I. We had our normal Saturday evening cocktail - but for this special occasion, I had two. That was all.

There might be a Bloody Mary in the Sunday brunch plans.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Nah, not a drop last night. Spent the evening working on puzzles with the kids and making semi-transparent passes at the wife.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
I had two servings of NyQuil.

Feel like hashed over schit, but it ain't a hangover.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
No hangover here. Ate dinner out and was home by 8:30.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Didn't drink a drop but feel like hammered crap. Every time I stay up late I have a busting headache the following day. I quit fishing night tournaments for that reason. Just not worth it. I tried to stay up last night, dozed off and woke up at 12:01. Hadn't watched the ball drop in like to years missed it to again, buy 60 seconds.... Lol
Posted By: blanket Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
nope, in bed by 9. Re reading a bunch of Capstick books.
Posted By: lightman Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Me either. Had a few friends over to eat and shared a few special beers. They left early so they could get up to duck hunt. Went to bed early but could not seep. Someimes I get leg and foot cramps or spasms from my MS. Got up and played on the putor until they passed. Hung out with the night crew here on the Fire.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
None here. I just kind of sipped along lightly through the evening.

Hangovers are too rough on me these days.

Just got enough of a buzz to get all introspective and listen to old music on my Christmas gift headphones,..had a good time.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
None here. Worked yesterday and work today, afternoons.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Might be a bit early for the hangover guys to be up and about. Maybe they'll check in sometime after noon. smile
Posted By: viking Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
I had a miserable nights sleep. I played basketball yesterday, and had leg cramps until I got up around 0200 and ate a banana. That seemed to help.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
None her at Casa Mag. was sleeping and got woke up by the neighbors fire works at midnight.

We're boring.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Nope....had my daily glass of Bourbon and smoke after dinner and in bed about 9:30.....
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
No hangover here!

Had a couple glasses of white wine, ice water, then later had a couple shots of McCllands Islay on the rocks, then more ice water and off to bed at 8:30.

Awake at 3:30 this AM feeling fine as frog's hair! (GRIN!)

Quit drinking enough to get a hangover YEARS ago.

Moderation is WAY more enjoyable!

Virgil B.
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Not me.....shooting sporting clays today and want to break some birds on purpose.

Doc
Posted By: funshooter Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
No Hangover here
Posted By: dale06 Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Been there and done that, but not in many years.
Had one glass of wine and went to bed at 10.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Originally Posted by viking
I had a miserable nights sleep. I played basketball yesterday, and had leg cramps until I got up around 0200 and ate a banana. That seemed to help.

dehydration is what causes that....

Since we are talking hangovers, another 'trick' I learned a long time ago, at the end of college and finally figured it out while in the Army as a medic...

If you are drinking beer partying hard, the hangover the next morning is that your PH Balance is on the alkaline side, due to the hops and sugar in the beer....plus you get dehydrated urinating so much....

So if drinking beer throws you to the alkaline side, you counter that with having an intake of acidic stuff... simple high school biology PH balance stuff...

I myself learned to put a shot of Rose's Lime juice into each beer I drank, learned that from an English exchange student I went out with at the end of college...

but you go into any of VFW or American Legion, you'll always see old timers mixing their beer with lemonade or even more common back in Minnesota, was V8 juice or tomato juice...

accomplishes the same thing...

That and drink some water before bed, really helps out...

you can be surprised how much beer you can put away, and not wake up with a hangover...
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Mild. But I was in bed at 11 and got 8 hours of sleep for the first time in weeks.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
No drinking here, gotta be at Seafires at 9. Can you believe he offered to help me load some .243 ammo for a coyote hunt since my bench and press are packed away? What a guy. grin

Posted By: ltppowell Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Orange juice and water. In bed at 7:30. Of course, I didn't really get to sleep until midnight with all the boom...boom. Waiting on my daughter so we can hit the water.
Posted By: hanco Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Bad!!
Originally Posted by Fireball2
No drinking here, gotta be at Seafires at 9. Can you believe he offered to help me load some .243 ammo for a coyote hunt since my bench and press are packed away? What a guy. grin

just bring the case of beer over, so we have something to drink while we are loading ammo and solving all the local and world problems...
Posted By: smarquez Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Nope. Wife had foot surgery on the 28th so we waited in bed for the idiots around us to quit with the fireworks and went to sleep.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Never get a hangover after my single 7&7 or Manhattan glass half full of the scotch on hand.Gave up drinking more than one many moons ago.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Originally Posted by Seafire

Since we are talking hangovers, another 'trick' I learned a long time ago, at the end of college and finally figured it out while in the Army as a medic...

If you are drinking beer partying hard, the hangover the next morning is that your PH Balance is on the alkaline side, due to the hops and sugar in the beer....plus you get dehydrated urinating so much....

So if drinking beer throws you to the alkaline side, you counter that with having an intake of acidic stuff... simple high school biology PH balance stuff...

I myself learned to put a shot of Rose's Lime juice into each beer I drank, learned that from an English exchange student I went out with at the end of college...

but you go into any of VFW or American Legion, you'll always see old timers mixing their beer with lemonade or even more common back in Minnesota, was V8 juice or tomato juice...

you can be surprised how much beer you can put away, and not wake up with a hangover...

Thanks for the chemistry class. I learned about the PH thing a few years ago as it relates to diet, and probably still eat wrong. I thought hangovers were mostly due to dehydration, but just learned my first new thing of 2017. smile

Posted By: EdM Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Never.
Posted By: ryoushi Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17

If you're having leg cramps at night, try drinking some pickle juice before bed. Sounds strange, but it works.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Not me , I went to bed early & got up late. I slept like the dead in between.

I don't even know if my neighbors kersploded anything or not.

Mike
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Nada, just raised a stout shot of 12 yr old Glenmorangie to friends and kin, both still here, recent, and long gone, Oh, and to Team Trump too.
Posted By: djs Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
not me. Had a quite night at home following dinner out.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
dealing with both collar bones fractured, think i'll have a couple of beers.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
No HO for me but awoke in a fog which is SOP for me as I'm not a morning person.Earlier last night I drug a bottle of WT 101 off the top of the amoire for a sip. Didn't happen.Poured myself a beer into a tall glass and that went flat.Finally around 0200 I poured some Nightime NyQuil into a glencairn glass just to be a smart ass grin and went to bed.

Reentered the world a little after noon. Dog had chit on the floor. Poor guy !!! He's old and I'm getting there

Laundry today and go up to the pond and feed my ducks.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 24HCF !

Life is good. smile

Originally Posted by stxhunter

How did ya do that ?!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
fell backwards out of a buddy's truck while quail hunting, spotted a cover so he stopped i was fixing to get up to get down and let the dog out when he pulled forward i went backwards over the tailgate. then i drove 700 miles home was a long day.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17

Damnit Man, dat chit hurts, BTDT, speedy healing to ya Roger.
Posted By: TAGLARRY Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
I wasn't even awake at midnight and the one glass of wine didn't leave a hangover.
Posted By: viking Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
STX, you win.

Case of Shiner Bock and a sippy straw ? grin
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Nope, I don't drink.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17

Take Benadryl next time. It will wipe out the leg cramps and help you sleep at the same time.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
If anyone thinks a little bit of acidic stuff is oing to change the pH of an adult human body they need to do some very basic math...
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17

Quit in 1989. Thank God!
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
If anyone thinks a little bit of acidic stuff is oing to change the pH of an adult human body they need to do some very basic math...

ever tried it?

or you don't have to... you just know better naturally?
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Beer is acidic.

The water suggestion I can certainly get behind!
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
I'm not sure if taking acid after getting drunk would help.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Tell that to the makers of Tums. 😀
Posted By: deflave Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Quit in 1989. Thank God!

Why not just get a different wife????

Dave
Posted By: deflave Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/01/17

Stop being old.

Dr.Dave
Posted By: Seafire Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/02/17
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I'm not sure if taking acid after getting drunk would help.

the idea is you take it when you are drinking the beer by mixing it with lemonade, Rose's Lime Juice, V8, Tomato Juice etc...

always certainly worked for me....in the years I would drink with the boys...

when I worked in Canada the Canucks were always wanting to prove they could drink more beer and still function better than an American could...

I stood up well for the Red White and Blue...
Posted By: Seafire Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/02/17
Originally Posted by deflave

Stop being old.

Dr.Dave

Got any pills for that, besiden' Viagara or Cialess?
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/02/17
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Quit in 1989. Thank God!

Why not just get a different wife????

I got a keeper. Better stick with that. smile
Posted By: hanco Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/02/17
Finally gone today
Posted By: MoBassMan Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/02/17
Originally Posted by Seafire

Alcohol, is acidic. Lemons....limes....ect, are both acidic and alkaline. They are acidic, until we digest them, at which point they start to have an alkalizing effect on our bodies.

Either way, I'm sure it helps balance.

I was a little hungover, but not to the point of not being able to do a Motorcycle Polar Bear run, in 40 degree weather. Two Bloody Marys helped with the slight hangover.
Posted By: widrahthaar Re: Who has a hangover? - 01/02/17
Best thing for hangovers is to get off your ass and get outside for fresh air. If I was especially wasted the night before No food or drink (even water) until I've been moving for awhile. I much prefer a hangover when I have to work,because I'd never miss work for a hangover and it forces me to just get over it.

© 24hourcampfire