Home
from the picture i saw it will have Mooch as lady liberty. looks close anyhow.
this bunch just won't stop trying to devalue everything possible.
bet Bidens MOF in tin. actually all he deserves.
Originally Posted by deerstalker
from the picture i saw it will have Mooch as lady liberty. looks close anyhow.
this bunch just won't stop trying to devalue everything possible.
bet Bidens MOF in tin. actually all he deserves.

sick

The new African Krugerrand?
jeez....

[Linked Image]
I guess that if you plan to bury money in the back yard, these'll last a lot longer than paper.
Originally Posted by RWE
jeez....

[Linked Image]

Aint worth 1 cent to me.. No worries they melt down and re-cast just fine!
Love the corn rows.

[Linked Image]
They can KMA.
I wonder if these will be 99.9% gold, as other country's produce? Or, as an Obama coin, just a gold plated zink coin!!

Respects,
Richard
Originally Posted by Buckskin
I wonder if these will be 99.9% gold, as other country's produce? Or, as an Obama coin, just a gold plated zink coin!!

Respects,
Richard

1-ounce .9999 fine gold per the US mint site.
An ounce for $100 is a helluva deal. Seems too good to be true, in fact.

Respects,
Richard

If it were an Obama coin it'd be a nickle plated turd.
There is some kind of BS going on here. As of a few seconds ago spot for gold was $1195.00/ oz.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Gold was 1197 an ounce a few minutes ago. I'll melt some for a 20% gain........
BS
Originally Posted by whistle1
There is some kind of BS going on here. As of a few seconds ago spot for gold was $1195.00/ oz.

Umm...

It bears the $100 denomination, but sells for the current gold price.

While it is going to have a $100.00 face value I don't believe it will sell for $100.00
Ah. Well, then it's a perfect mirror of Obamacare: the value is many times less than the price.

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2017-01-13/liberty-depicted-as-black-woman-on-100-gold-coin

...The coin will be released on April 6. The mint says it's the first in a series of 24-karat gold that will also depict Liberty in designs representing Asian-Americans, Hispanic-Americans and Indian-Americans. The mint says the goal of the coins is to reflect the "the cultural and ethnic diversity of the United States."

Originally Posted by joken2

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2017-01-13/liberty-depicted-as-black-woman-on-100-gold-coin

...The coin will be released on April 6. The mint says it's the first in a series of 24-karat gold that will also depict Liberty in designs representing Asian-Americans, Hispanic-Americans and Indian-Americans. The mint says the goal of the coins is to reflect the "the cultural and ethnic diversity of the United States."

Obama legacy.

Perhaps in the coming years we won't see as many of them, or gays in every commercial on TV.

Sick of the pandering.

If they want to be Americans they need to start acting like it.
Is that a crow?

Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Umm...

At the very least...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw...merican+liberty+gold+coin&rmvSB=true

Try to sell one back to the goobermint and they'd happily give you a crisp new Ben Franklin for it.
? Is this the upshot from the thing where the Obama administration wanted a woman depicted on US currency but made no case for who would be deserving of that honor?

Some argument could be made for Ross, Parks, or O'Connor but my last recollection of it seemed like they were stuck on the gender aspect and didn't bother about qualifications.

So was the solution to invent a new coin denomination?
Holy Christ, there are a bunch of stupid [bleep] on the 'Fire. It continues to impress.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Holy Christ, there are a bunch of stupid [bleep] on the 'Fire. It continues to impress.

That's why so feel so at home here, among your peeps...
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Holy Christ, there are a bunch of stupid [bleep] on the 'Fire. It continues to impress. Entertain..

Fixt. smile

Respects,
Richard

If it were an Obama coin it'd be a nickle plated packed turd.

fixed it

Umm...

apparent there are few gold buyers
Is this story from "The Onion"? Reeks of bs.
Originally Posted by jnyork
Is this story from "The Onion"? Reeks of bs.

Sadly I doubt it. It is exactly the kind of garbage the current admin would approve.

Now to the coins themselves, sorry guys (and maybe it was joking) but your not getting these 'beauties' for the $100 face value. It's gonna be spot + some premium. Hell I'd buy the whole lot were it an ounce of gold for $100...not happening...actually I'd buy all of the $5 gold Indians instead but that's not happening either.

I see these as being a real flop among the numismatist crowd (angry white guys that can afford them) and the progressive crowd (unless they can use their EBT and Snap cards to buy them). So, a wildly unsuccessful mintage all around; but that is typical of so many liberal programs. Expect they will all be purchased for Spot + whatever bullion goes for.

...and I laugh a bit now that I think it over some more. Where do I see most of the ads marketing these type of 'investments'? Hunting and fishing mags and in my latest copy of NRA, probably not a great venue to hock these wares.
Its real but it's a COMMEMORATIVE coin, not intended to be in general circulation. I couldn't find any mention of selling price. That probably depends on the gold price when it's released.

LA Times:
The U.S. Mint has unveiled a commemorative $100 gold coin that features an image of Liberty as a black woman.

The 2017 American Liberty 225th Anniversary Gold Coin shows the woman's head in profile with a crown of stars. It features the year of the mint's founding, 1792, as well as 2017. The mint says the other side of the coin will depict an eagle in flight.

The coin will be released on April 6. The mint says it's the first in a series of 24-karat gold coins that will also depict Liberty in designs representing Asian Americans, Latino Americans and Indian Americans.

The mint says the goal of the coins is to reflect the "the cultural and ethnic diversity of the United States."
actually i may buy a couple if the premium isn't to high over spot. by the time most buyers melt theirs down and sell it as bullion it may have some collectible value. don't see it happening but stranger things happen.
Silly people do silly shiite.
Ah, it's just ......Chiiimp change?
I'm surprised The Zero didn't insist on Lady Liberty in a burqua.
Try to sell one back to the goobermint and they'd happily give you a crisp new Ben Franklin for it.

The exact same program this is a part of has been around for many decades... Nothing new other than the image.

Some will not buy because of the image but coin collectors I find to run to the liberal side of things, often as not. Some will guess few will sell, so they will buy hoping for the increase in Numismatic value. Very few of these actually do much unless some unusual factor steps in like wars, recessions, depressions, wild metals value swings, etc... and then it usually takes a long time for the value to do anything...
I was excited when I got the mint notice about the "new Mint Centennial Commerative" gold coin. But after reading and seeing the "depiction" of Lady Liberty, I will not be buying any of that trash!
Originally Posted by Fireball2
They can KMA.

You got that right!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by RWE
jeez....

[Linked Image]

No 'Bantu Bucks' allowed in my house.....

You folks don't like it because it has a black woman on it?
Lady Liberty is supposed to be an allegorical figure representing the American Ideals, not to make some "political Statement" to satisfy some squeaky wheel.

Good thing Krugerrand's are still available!
Originally Posted by MadMooner
You folks don't like it because it has a black woman on it?

She not black.... she gold..
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I'm surprised The Zero didn't insist on Lady Liberty in a burqua.

Man, I miss the days when we didn't even know the muzzie face mask was called a burqua.
I'll take the liberty to speak to that: we don't like it because of the reason it has a black woman on it.
If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's commemorative coin for collectors, not for circulation. They'll later have out others with an Asian , an Indian, and probably a lesbian (Rosie). It's like Winchester making a commemorative Mod. 94 for Buffalo Bill or someone. You buy it to collect it. You'd never fire it.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's commemorative coin for collectors, not for circulation. They'll later have out others with an Asian , an Indian, and probably a lesbian (Rosie). It's like Winchester making a commemorative Mod. 94 for Buffalo Bill or someone. You buy it to collect it. You'd never fire it.

The problem with that is the way Lady Liberty is depicted.

What are they going to morph next?...

Make Uncle Sam into Uncle Tom?
Lady Liberty isn't a real person anyway. Like I said, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Uncle Tom is an interesting case. If you read the book "Uncle Tom's Cabin", you'll find an entirely different Tom than the one that blacks refer to. He was a slave, yes, but certainly not one who groveled before his masters and who kissed the butts of whites. Not in the least. He was a Christian who hated his position but realized that he couldn't change it. He was forced to accept it. The Bible gives instructions to slaves on how to behave and Tom did just that. He didn't kiss any one's butt but held his head up and tried to take things as they came. He did his job and tried to do it well but he didn't kowtow to anyone.
I just buy gold and or silver in either bar or rounds. If I were collecting coins I would buy coins.
Farmerfish, wouldn't this be considered a "round"?
Thea value of this coin will not be any collector value but the value of its weight of gold. If you want to hold gold, you can probably buy Canadian Maple Leaf coins for the same price.
Ain't puttin' none of that Aunt Jemima on my waffles!!! They done put a big ol black mammie right on the damn ol label!

Lol.
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Farmerfish, wouldn't this be considered a "round"?
I suppose it is. I guess I just like the 1 oz bar. That way I don't have to worry about if I approve of who is on it.
AMPX site, this is what they talk about.

Gold Eagles
Uncertified Gold Eagles - Since its introduction in 1986, the Gold American Eagle coin has been in high demand every year. One of the U.S. Mint's finest productions, the American Eagle has commanded world-wide attention. The Gold Eagle has been one of the most popular coins of our time because of their beauty and history. A highly popular USA Gold piece, the Gold American Eagle coin adds diversity to investor portfolios.

Uncertified Gold Eagles are premium USA Gold. The obverse of the Gold Eagle was adapted by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, famous designer of the Gold Double Eagle in 1907. The American Eagle Gold coin features Lady Liberty walking against the sun's rays, carrying her iconic torch and olive branch. The reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to its nest. The American Gold Eagle coin is the perfect representation of what makes America grand, perfectly encapsulated in USA Gold. It identifies the strength and importance of American families.

Guess we don't have the strength and importance of American families anylonger.
http://www.apmex.com/category/11100/gold-eagles
link--
Pre 1933

http://www.apmex.com/category/11900/pre-1933-u-s-gold
© 24hourcampfire