Home
Posted By: kennyd Denver Pest got it half rightL - 01/15/17
Last month we got a notice that the paper was going up again, with an addon for special editions (the ones with holiday ads). Since thye mostly insult me with their editorials, a read a total of maybe 4 comic strips, I will miss to obits, I canceled at the end of the paid for term. They took the money from the checking account again, but did manage to cancel the delivery.

I seldom allow any regular withdrawals for a reason.
Originally Posted by kennyd
Last month we got a notice that the paper was going up again, with an add on for special editions (the ones with holiday ads). Since they mostly insult me with their editorials, a read a total of maybe 4 comic strips, I will miss to obits, I canceled at the end of the paid for term. They took the money from the checking account again, but did manage to cancel the delivery.

I seldom allow any regular withdrawals for a reason.

Definitely the way to go.Once you give any business that opportunity,it's hard to shut them down.

BTW.The Gazette in the Springs did the same thing. Outrageous subscription price and you end up paying for 50% of the paper is full page advertisement the other 1/2 is liberal BS. Now the have added one hour to the local paper delivery time. Because of official notice and such, I can't shut the paper off.It's the only one available.

You can opt out of the Special Editions,but the customer service gives you ration of crap while doing it.
Here you go OP

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/denverpost/browse

easy to look up on computer.
In fact you can read the paper on the computer.

Stop the payments when you can,, then read on the computer.

I have not subscribed to a newspaper since they closed the Rocky Mountain News.
What are you going to start the wood stove with?
if someone would teach me to double quote, I'd qoute the posts from achadwick and colorado bob

and type "this"
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
if someone would teach me to double quote, I'd qoute the posts from achadwick and colorado bob

Originally Posted by achadwick

Originally Posted by colorado bob

and type "this"

The way I do it is open another browser window and go to the campfire and the post I want.
Then I chose quote from achwick and copied the quote in the new reply and then pasted it here.
Then just repeated for colorado bob.
I'm about ready to cancel mine
I get the online version of our local paper. It saves some money and I don't have a pile of paper to dispose of. It's owned by a large liberal paper back east so most of their editorials are liberal and don't match the highly conservative population here. I usually skip those but I like to keep up with the local doings.
Living in the middle of nowhere, I haven't read a newspaper on paper for probably 12-15 years. I only subscribe to two on the internet, and read two others for the occasional article or opinion piece. Neither of the last two run anything that I want to read beyond the headline often enough to require me to subscribe.
Originally Posted by achadwick

Originally Posted by colorado bob

this

Paul_M you are brilliant. Thx so much
Well AKA it's called Fat Wood I believe.
Thanks for the obit, I wasn't there again. As for editorials, I can read a well written one, even if the viewpoint is not mine. If I cannot refute the arguments, then I have to consider my position. What bothers me the most is the "news" with headlines like "Why the new congress will fail". They haven't done anything yet to judge them on.

I have an old injun trick for starting fires, Coleman fuel.
You're welcome.
© 24hourcampfire