Home
They are some of the biggest names in the Republican national security firmament, veterans of past GOP administrations who say, if called upon by President-elect Donald Trump, they stand ready to serve their country again.

But their phones aren’t ringing. Their entreaties to Trump Tower in New York have mostly gone unanswered. In Trump world, these establishment all-stars say they are “PNG” — personae non gratae.

Their transgression was signing one or both of two public “Never Trump” letters during the campaign, declaring they would not vote for Trump and calling his candidacy a danger to the nation.

One letter, with 122 names, was published by War on the Rocks, a website devoted to national security commentary, during the primary season in March. The other, with 50 names, including some repeat signatories, was published by the New York Times during the general-election campaign in August.

Now, just days before Trump is sworn in as the nation’s 45th president, the letter signers fear they have been added to another document, this one private — a purported blacklist compiled by Trump’s political advisers......................

“It’s hostile,” said this person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of further retribution. “It’s not just that we’re frozen out. . . . I was told they said there was an enemies list.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...beba6b_story.html?utm_term=.e768c8ebec12
Golly gee, actions have consequences....who'd a thought?
Yes, definitely the types of people I would want on a security detail!
Hardball in the big league is rough for the softies.
They rolled the dice.
Originally Posted by KFWA
They are some of the biggest names in the Republican national security firmament, veterans of past GOP administrations who say, if called upon by President-elect Donald Trump, they stand ready to serve their country again.

But their phones aren’t ringing. Their entreaties to Trump Tower in New York have mostly gone unanswered. In Trump world, these establishment all-stars say they are “PNG” — personae non gratae.

Their transgression was signing one or both of two public “Never Trump” letters during the campaign, declaring they would not vote for Trump and calling his candidacy a danger to the nation.

One letter, with 122 names, was published by War on the Rocks, a website devoted to national security commentary, during the primary season in March. The other, with 50 names, including some repeat signatories, was published by the New York Times during the general-election campaign in August.

Now, just days before Trump is sworn in as the nation’s 45th president, the letter signers fear they have been added to another document, this one private — a purported blacklist compiled by Trump’s political advisers......................

“It’s hostile,” said this person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of further retribution. “It’s not just that we’re frozen out. . . . I was told they said there was an enemies list.”

Good.
And shunned they will be...........................................................
If you strike at the king, you must kill him.

These folks are fools. It's no longer business as usual.

The swamp "Merry Maids" are at the door.
[quote=cra1948]Golly gee, actions have consequences....who'd a thought?

Who would of thought that such actions would have consequences. My oh my!!!
Cheers NC I 2nd your comments
I hope Trump follows through.

P
Is that rising bile or a cockhead you feel in the back of your throat? Either way, you're bound to be [bleep].

What the bloody hell did they think would happen, they have told the world Trump is a lunatic and they wouldn't work with him.

They got their wish.

Man, I am really liking the way this new America is going!
Originally Posted by JSTUART

People seem to be surprised that Trump fights back. He is no milquetoast. It's about time.
Trump will use these people though. He needs their votes, just not their advice and friendship.
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by JSTUART

People seem to be surprised that Trump fights back. He is no milquetoast. It's about time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup ..

I was SO TIRED of the MittensMclame type politician I coulda barfed many times .
Let all the never Trumpers ESAD !

And they publicly put themselves on the list daily. whistle

Well, wah wah wah....

GO TRUMP!!
When grown people 'bite the apple', they got 2 choices...
Chew it... or choke on it!

What else did they expect? Fug em.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

They expected Hillary to win.
Just amazing.
Originally Posted by steve4102

They expected Hillary to win.
That's it. They put all their eggs in that basket. They overestimated their power and influence.
That's what I say. Fug them

Seeing as how Romney was among the most outspoken in his opposition to Trump yet visited Trump twice after the election, I think any enemies list is more "fake news"..........(Nixon not withstanding).....

Casey
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Seeing as how Romney was among the most outspoken in his opposition to Trump yet visited Trump twice after the election, I think any enemies list is more "fake news"..........(Nixon not withstanding).....

Casey

Trump was just having a good time rubbing Romney's nose in it.

Here's some good commentary on the matter from Vox Popoli.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2017/01/pity-poor-never-trumpers.html#comment-form
It would be nice to know who's on the lists. The links in the WA Post article are NFG.
Draining the Swamp. I love it.

Jeez, what the heck do they expect?
An excerpt from Trump's book "Think Like a Champion", from an essay therein titled "It's Not Personal, It's Business":

"I have to be careful not to blow people away, because if you cross me personally and professionally, I'll have a double whammy waiting for you. I don't enjoy being vicious, but sometimes in self-defense it becomes necessary. I don't like the double standard, as in, whatever I do is okay and whatever you do isn't okay, or vice versa. If you treat me a certain way, then I can treat you that way, too. Some people call that the old "an eye for an eye" approach, but I call it playing fair. Sometimes the only way to deal with a bully is to punch him back. Let them know who they're dealing with. Fair play is fair play - and once again, don't take it personally."

I wouldn't anticipate him out to take personal revenge against people like Nixon would have done, that just wastes time and energy better put toward more constructive purposes. But as folks here have said, "actions have consequences". Now those who fought against him or refused to even consider him a viable candidate are reaping what they have sown.

Maybe he was rubbing Romney's nose in it!

And I don't blame Trump for ignoring that bunch, but if he found them useful Trump would probably enlist them anyway.

Casey
What can I say?

Go Trump!
Correct me if I'm wrong. Romney may have visited (to grovel?) but he came away with zip, nada. Right?

Trump is a master negotiator. He isn't about to give something away until he needs something in return. If you're on that list, it's gonna cost you big time to get off it.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Romney may have visited (to grovel?) but he came away with zip, nada. Right?

That's the "rubbing his nose in it" part. grin

Your not fired, because I never hired you! But you ARE dismissed!

Next!
Must mean that Trump loses his Senate majority then, since there was at least 1 NeverTrump Republican Senator.

Since Trump is such a hardball player, right?
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Must mean that Trump loses his Senate majority then, since there was at least 1 NeverTrump Republican Senator.

He'll get their cooperation via the Bully Pulpit, which is even more powerful today than in Reagan's day, thanks to the internet which allows a popular president to bypass the establishment press entirely and speak directly to the people.

No, he is a politician and anything he doesn't want to stand by will simply be deemed "not a core promise".

We Australians have experience with this little marvel.

He'll get their cooperation via the Bully Pulpit, which is even more powerful today than in Reagan's day, thanks to the internet which allows a popular president to bypass the establishment press entirely and speak directly to the people.

I'm actually laughing at this whole thing..

Trump's in the midst of setting up his team, and people are surprised that he's not giving government positions to people who didn't support him???

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

To frigging funny.

But the Republican coalition isn't so deep that he can start attacking people who are no longer attacking him. He's played THIS game long enough that he knows who he still needs on his side, and he'll work with them - even if he doesn't give them cabinet positions.

TFF.

I'm actually laughing at this whole thing..

Trump's in the midst of setting up his team, and people are surprised that he's not giving government positions to people who didn't support him???

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

To frigging funny.

But the Republican coalition isn't so deep that he can start attacking people who are no longer attacking him. He's played THIS game long enough that he knows who he still needs on his side, and he'll work with them - even if he doesn't give them cabinet positions.

TFF.
The movers and shakers among the neocons aren't that many in real numbers. It's just that they had command of the levers of power within the Republican establishment since those Reagan referred to as "those crazies in the basement" took over the G.W. Bush administration.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Casey

Was Romney invited or summoned?

I can't seem to remember what he gained from those visits. Nor can I recall hearing Romney open his yap since.
Originally Posted by CCCC
Hardball in the big league is rough for the softies.

Yep. As the old adage goes, "Politics is a blood sport and the winner takes no prisoners." wink

L.W.
What did they think was going to happen when they tried to stab him in the back and failed? Inside the beltway must be a different universe.
Saddest is that every one of the signers thought that Trump would lose, and that they would benefit themselves by working against the Repub candidate.

They not only shot themselves in the foot, they are literally on record as betraying the party for personal benefit.
Originally Posted by cra1948
Golly gee, actions have consequences....who'd a thought?
Kind of a new idea for modern govt. in the US
"Never say never" is a pretty old saying. It would behoove all of us to remember it.
Absolutely! They did, however, self-select themselves for the Z list unless they have something really special to offer.
Originally Posted by Pat85
What did they think was going to happen when they tried to stab him in the back and failed? Inside the beltway must be a different universe.

Oh boy. This, right here, says a lot! Pay the piper.
All of this from the Jeff Bezos owned Washington Post, written purely to push the narrative of a disrupted Republican Party at war with itself.

The Bristoes and TRH's are eating it up because payback against the "neocons" and "cuckservatives" and every other silly label was their whole purpose for backing Trump. They'd only be happier if there was somebody in office vowing to fight the Jewish bankers who secretly run the world. Constructive change happening was purely secondary.

Naturally Trump isn't giving top spots to his opponents, BUT WHAT WINNING PREZ DOES?

Was Christie Never Trump? Cuz he's been thrown under the bus far more than any of the real NeverTrumpers.

Keep drinking that leftist propaganda..
By the way, while you drink up this silliness of Republicans running some Stalinist pogroms to oust Republicans, think about the condition that the Democrat Party is in.

Is there a benefit to getting the "base" to concentrate on attacking Republicans as opposed to coming together to undo Obama actions and consolidating power to move forward to make this 8 years rather than 4?

Don't be played.
They'd only be happier if there was somebody in office vowing to fight the Jewish bankers who secretly run the world.
Secretly?? If so, it's the worst kept secret ever, LOL.
Yep my first thought was no one put their name on the enemies list but themselves. Why should Trump put any trust in advise from these types.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

And they publicly put themselves on the list daily. whistle
Actions/words have consequences.
© 24hourcampfire