Home
Posted By: Rolly Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
I am looking for a lightweight fabric concealed carry vest with a ziper. Does anybody have any tips on where I can find one? I looked up Cinch but they didn't have any CC vests on their web site even though their ad showed them.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by Rolly
I am looking for a lightweight fabric concealed carry vest with a ziper. Does anybody have any tips on where I can find one? I looked up Cinch but they didn't have any CC vests on their web site even though their ad showed them.
Google concealed carry vests and look at Coronado leather concealed carry vests.
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
You could get a SCOTTeVEST and go metro-tactical! laugh

Scottevest UberCool
Posted By: Wyogal Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Respectfully, as no intended offense, all concealed carry vests look like concealed carry vests- like carrying a sign saying, "I am carrying concealed."
Would seem better to find something nice, off the rack, and modify it for concealed carry.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by Wyogal
find something nice, off the rack

And pay full retail ? OY VEY !!!!!!!!!
Posted By: cv540 Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Respectfully, as no intended offense, all concealed carry vests look like concealed carry vests- like carrying a sign saying, "I am carrying concealed."

yep.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
I'm not really a CCW vest person. In general, I don't like anything with a zipper for CCW IWB, with the sometime exception of a zipper that works in both directions. I tend to use snaps or buttons and leave the bottom one or two snaps, if not more, unfastened.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17

This. Nobody wears a vest except people who are trying to carry concealed. You see a guy in a vest where nobody else is wearing a vest because it is 100 degrees outside, you and everyone else knows he's packing. Might as well open-carry with a shoulder holster.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Wife wears vests a LOT. Doesnt' carry in one though.. fwiw, but not in 100 degree temps. LOL.

You can't really conceal much if you are looking though.. I"ve noticed that if you have an idea someone is packing, its generally pretty easy to see it at some point, unless its winter and they have a warm coat or such on.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Wearing an untucked short works just fine. Even an untucked t-shirt is often fine as long as the fit isn't too tight. Although I have one for IDPA, there's not much need for a vest for carry, and since few people wear them, it makes you conspicuous.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

There is probably a good joke in there somewhere.....
Posted By: nae Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Wyoming Traders.
Posted By: night_owl Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Customer: This vest is too short, everyone can see I'm packing.

Jewish habadasher: That's the way it's cut... hunch over.

Seriously, "concealed carry" vests are lame - untuck your shirt or wear a normal jacket and go about your business.
Posted By: Wyogal Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Indeed! LMBO.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Duluth Trading Co. has a vest with good access points. I have had luck with a G43.
But it is a winter time vest that would have to be switched out to a Blade Tech IWB whenever the vest no longer is feasible.
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
I use a carry belt for OTW and then buy extra long summer shirts over. Winter time i carry same way except do an extra long shirt-Jac over.
Posted By: Steve_AL Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Rothco Plainclothes Concealed Carry Vest

Amazon sells them.
Posted By: Rolly Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
To explain a bit more why I want a ccw vest. I will be riding in a RZR in the desert of Arizona and want to carry. I have tried belt holsters and they always jab and poke, especially if you carry on the right side, for right handed use and use a seat belt. I have tried sholder holsters and they work much better than hip holsters. Plus I can wear a jacket. I thought a ccw vest might work better than all the rest. We'll see.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
I tried all of that gimmicky stuff when I was younger, and less wise than I am now. Vests, belly bands, ankle holsters, fanny packs, all of it. I have since realized that a simple, sturdy leather holster is the best, most efficient method to carry a pistol. I used to use IWB (back when I had more room inside my pants), but now solely use an OWB pancake holster, or, occasionally, a pocket holster.
Posted By: viking Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Check out the NRA store.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by cv540

yep.

Funny is the Air Force Office of Special Investigations guys that wear plain clothes. most wear what looks like a khaki photographer's vest to hide their hardware. They stand out like a sore thumb.

I also have fun busting air marshalls on flights. Most don't do a good job of conceiling. Always fun to give them a wink.
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by cv540

yep.

Funny is the Air Force Office of Special Investigations guys that wear plain clothes. most wear what looks like a khaki photographer's vest to hide their hardware. They stand out like a sore thumb.

I also have fun busting air marshalls on flights. Most don't do a good job of conceiling. Always fun to give them a wink.

I'm retired OSI. We never wore vests. Coat and tie or BDUs, depending on the activity.
To explain a bit more why I want a ccw vest. I will be riding in a RZR in the desert of Arizona and want to carry. I have tried belt holsters and they always jab and poke, especially if you carry on the right side, for right handed use and use a seat belt. I have tried sholder holsters and they work much better than hip holsters. Plus I can wear a jacket. I thought a ccw vest might work better than all the rest. We'll see.

For something specific like ATVing, I would roll with a Hill People Gear kit bag.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
or a good crossdraw holster
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Would seem better to find something nice, off the rack, and modify it for concealed carry.

^ Absolutely.
But if you really need one, check out shootmefirst.com laugh
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17

IIRC, Az is an open carry state - why try to hide?
Crossdraw works best for me - pickup, 4 wheeler, UTV, or horseback - on foot, it ain't bad either!
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
Don't know how hot you'll be out in, or what piece yer packin', but the Carhartt fleece lined vests don't look tactical or 'shoot me first'. And, they have an inner pocket that holds a commander size pistol purty fair......

[Linked Image]

camo 'em up with a pair of glasses, and I gaurantold you, nobody will notice any kind of bulge/print.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/17/17
I would think in the West, where people wear western hats, and vests (including for dress up) it wouldn't be nearly as obvious you are packing. Wearing a vest doesn't necessarily say you are carrying. Not wearing a vest doesn't say you aren't carrying either. Personally I wear my shirt outside, untucked but I think it would be nice to have a vest so I can occasionally (for dress up) wear a vest...and carry.
Posted By: viking Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/18/17
It is kind of the style around here, going untucked with larger shirts. I just assume they are packing.
Posted By: maddog Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/18/17
What huntsman22 said. I carry in my carhartt vest from Oct. to Apr., then go to other methods.
Posted By: kelbro Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/18/17
Chest holster for riding and then just a shirt or fleece vest to help keep some of the dust out.
Posted By: shaman Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/18/17
Here's my vest:
https://www.amazon.com/BLUESTONE-Co...sr=8-9&keywords=concealed+carry+vest

[Linked Image]

Sportsman's Guide had them on sale a few years ago. I got it before I was really thinking about carrying. I'd worn out my old vest and this was about right.

I carry a Ruger P90 with an extended mag in the breast pocket.

Does it say "I'm packing?" I don't know. It is very similar to the vests I've been wearing since the mid 90's. I've worn them everywhere from the Keys to the Canadian North, and nobody said anything. The only difference is the old ones had a "DILLIGAF" medal in place of the American flag.

Check out Wyoming traders.
http://www.wyomingtraders.com/mens-jackets-vests/
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/18/17

well, i run a lot in the desert living in arizona.
arizona has a ccw permit, mainly useful for traveling out of state, and/or buying guns without the check. But a permit is not required to carry concealed in arizona. We also have open carry in arizona. I am always armed running the desert in arizona. It used to be just a handgun, these days it often includes one of those black rifles. You are well advised to assume that anyone you run across in the desert is armed. Nobody thinks twice about it. Same thing holds for those driving pickup trucks, atv's, etc. I am left handed, and thus like cross draw holsters, or shoulder holsters. Or, some times just throw the handgun holstered in a convenient place. like stuck in the seat or on the dash. Fannypacks work pretty good for this too.
it also depends on the time of the year. When it's 115degrees under the mesquite tree, a vest would be kind of wierd. Usual mode is shorts and a tshirt.
+3 on the Carhartt vest.

I wear one whenever its cool outdoors.

My little Glock 43, in a pocket holster fits great in either chest pocket.

I've been known to pack my 43 in a pocket, and my Sig P-226 IWB.

Works great for left or right handed people.

And, they make a jacket with these same chest pockets.

GREAT cover garmets!

Virgil B.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Concealed Carry Vest - 01/18/17
also put up a pic of the jacket
© 24hourcampfire