Home
Posted By: JSTUART My daughter... - 01/17/17

Was accepted into university today, the facility and course of her choice close to a large section of my family.

She is accepting then deferring for twelve months so that she can salt away thirty grand as a cushion (she already has saved eight grand), the lass has work, has been offered more work and also is in line for her firearms license this month, bar attendant (RSA, RCG) course next moth, senior first aid the next, chainsaw course the following month, then her forklift ticket and food handling course.

And has work and accommodation available near the university.

Yes, I am already suffering separation anxiety and trying to figure out when to fit in the pig and deer hunting!
Posted By: byc Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Outstanding!

Congrats and may God Bless her!!
Posted By: EdM Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Damn hard to beat that. I am running two of three sons similar.
Posted By: KC Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Congratulations to you and your daughter. As the parent of two successful adults I know how much time and effort is required to ensure a positive outcome.

What is a "firearms license"? Do you mean concealed carry permit?

Are you from another country where a license is required to own/use a firearm? I mean no disrespect.

KC

Posted By: curdog4570 Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Was accepted into university today, the facility and course of her choice close to a large section of my family.

She is accepting then deferring for twelve months so that she can salt away thirty grand as a cushion (she already has saved eight grand), the lass has work, has been offered more work and also is in line for her firearms license this month, bar attendant (RSA, RCG) course next moth, senior first aid the next, chainsaw course the following month, then her forklift ticket and food handling course.

And has work and accommodation available near the university.

Yes, I am already suffering separation anxiety and trying to figure out when to fit in the pig and deer hunting!

Good on ya, Mate........ and the Lass as well.
Posted By: 1minute Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Good for you and her.

My son dropped out after his first quarter. Eight years later and he's still doing entry level stuff working on his first million. Just about broke our hearts, but let me retire about 3 years sooner than expected.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Congrats!
Posted By: Seafire Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Congrats Stewie....

tough to let them grow up but we all have to endure that day...

you have a lot to be proud of....

I know many parents don't get to experience that...
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Excellent!
Posted By: EdM Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by KC
Congratulations to you and your daughter. As the parent of two successful adults I know how much time and effort is required to ensure a positive outcome.

Are you from another country where a license is required to own/use a firearm? I mean no disrespect.

KC

Australia.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
You have every reason to be proud. cool
Posted By: ironbender Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Good on ya, Mate........ and the Sheila Lass as well.

Fixt!

Congrats, Jim!
Posted By: mark shubert Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Congratulations to the young lady, and her parents.
You parents, and she have put her on a forward-looking path.
God willing - it will work out well.
Posted By: las Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by KC

KC

Down Under. Never made the Alaskan choice, poor guy.

Congratulations, Mr Stuart.
Posted By: calikooknic Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Congratulations James!
Posted By: kingston Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Congratulations!

Smiling here!
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Happy and proud for you

Few things equal the satisfaction of seeing a newborn babe become a respectable contributing adult
Posted By: watch4bear Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
nice
Posted By: 30Gibbs Re: My daughter... - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by byc
Outstanding!

Congrats and may God Bless her!!

Amen!
Posted By: Steelhead Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Congrats to the young women. It's good to see that in this case the apple has fallen FAR from the tree.....
Posted By: 12344mag Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Nice job Pops, tell her congratulations for me.
Posted By: kellory Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
congrats
Posted By: Redneck Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Congrats!!
Posted By: WV_Airedale Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Congratulations!
Posted By: 4ager Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Impressive. Well done, and congratulations!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17

Thank you fellas, missy read these replies and is pleased to know others feel as we...that you get out what you put in.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
JSTUART;
Good morning to you sir, I see it's tomorrow in your part of the world and I'm guessing there's less snow there too - so I trust all else is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing the family progress with us, it's nice both to keep up with members' family's growth and to see the next shift getting a good start.

For a long time now I've felt that barring our beliefs regarding deities, the most important task we have in our time here is to do our utmost to create good replacement humans.

For us it was certainly a moment of happiness and pride - for us and them - to see our girls become productive young members of society and though I rarely say it - I believe I know how you feel so well done sir. cool

That said, for me the empty nest thing has been a tougher transition for me than my good wife somehow. Perhaps because it's tough learning how to be a Dad from so far away while adjusting to the fact so much time has passed.

Anyway sir, all the very best to you and your entire family this year.

Dwayne
Posted By: RNF Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Congrats to your daughter. I know your family is proud of her. Wishing her lots of success in the future.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Bravo !

...all best luck and the brightest future !

GTC
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
We know you are proud of the young lady, so pass on a hardy congratulations from us and give her a hug for good measure.
Posted By: tzone Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Excellent! Congrats to her and to you for guiding the way.
Posted By: CEJ1895 Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Excellent! Congrats to you and your daughter both!
Posted By: RickyD Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Good on your daughter and you who steered her the right way.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Sounds like a good kid, with a good head on her shoulders. Make sure she follows step 1 and 2, and she'll do great!

Fburgtx's 7-point plan for being successful in America.
1) Avoid drugs/alcohol
2) Don't get pregnant
3) Don't GET someone pregnant
4) Get an education/skill
5) Get a career/work hard/do it well
6) THEN get married
7) THEN get pregnant/get spouse pregnant

(Substitute Australia for America!)

Posted By: JSTUART Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Sounds like a good kid, with a good head on her shoulders. Make sure she follows step 1 and 2, and she'll do great!

Fburgtx's 7-point plan for being successful in America.
1) Avoid drugs/alcohol
2) Don't get pregnant
3) Don't GET someone pregnant
4) Get an education/skill
5) Get a career/work hard/do it well
6) THEN get married
7) THEN get pregnant/get spouse pregnant

(Substitute Australia for America!)

I lucked it in with this lass as she doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, not interested in drugs, and doesn't shag around. She has made the decision to ignore boys 'til she has her education under wraps.

Which will probably last 'til she is ensconced at Uni, but I have faith in her judgement as she has a remarkably level head on her shoulders.

She does particularly like hunting and shooting with dad, what can I say, she is a dad's girl and I am immensely proud of her.

(and it doesn't hurt her prospects that she is particularly attractive and healthy, her mum's input)
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Outstanding!!!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Bloody bewty Stew !

Now that the hard works done, blow the froth of a coldie & fire up a Winny Blue !

Well done.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Congrats to you and yours, J.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Good job there JS
Posted By: rost495 Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Well done all around, prep and college! You've done very well.

Congrats.
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Originally Posted by BC30cal
JSTUART;
Good morning to you sir, I see it's tomorrow in your part of the world and I'm guessing there's less snow there too - so I trust all else is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing the family progress with us, it's nice both to keep up with members' family's growth and to see the next shift getting a good start.

For a long time now I've felt that barring our beliefs regarding deities, the most important task we have in our time here is to do our utmost to create good replacement humans.

For us it was certainly a moment of happiness and pride - for us and them - to see our girls become productive young members of society and though I rarely say it - I believe I know how you feel so well done sir. cool

That said, for me the empty nest thing has been a tougher transition for me than my good wife somehow. Perhaps because it's tough learning how to be a Dad from so far away while adjusting to the fact so much time has passed.

Anyway sir, all the very best to you and your entire family this year.

Dwayne

Very well put Dwayne from another father of girls, and JSTUART, well done sir.

I will add, though, that regardless of distance between the nest and the hatchlings, I have learned one is never finished being a parent, and I'm glad for it.
Posted By: Raeford Re: My daughter... - 01/18/17
Good Great job JSTU!

When parents 'parent' the first 20 years, the next 20 are a helluva lot easier on everybody!
© 24hourcampfire