Home
Posted By: luv2safari President Pence - 01/22/17
Does anyone else feel this is a real possibility before the end of President Trump's first term? Let's hope not.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Does anyone else feel this is a real possibility before the end of President Trump's first term? Let's hope not.

Your positivity overwhelms you.
Posted By: Snyper Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Lot's of things are "possibilities"
Lot's of things are just stupid too.
And they aren't mutually exclusive.
Posted By: deflave Re: President Pence - 01/22/17

Do people that don't know schit about politics ever stop opining about politics?

Travis
Posted By: SandBilly Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
You were far from pro Trump before the election and now you'd rather have him than Pence?
Posted By: luv2safari Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Originally Posted by SandBilly
You were far from pro Trump before the election and now you'd rather have him than Pence?

Not at all, and that wasn't my thought. With all the vitriol by leftist nutjobs it has come to mind that something could happen.

I was surprised that Obunga made it through to "retirement".

I would like to see a President Pence in 4 or 8 years, depending on whether Trump decides to run again. He is old, and the job really ages people. But, he does seem to have boundless energy.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Originally Posted by deflave

Do people that don't know schit about politics ever stop opining about politics?

Travis

The end of the Campfire.....
Posted By: SandBilly Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
I'm sure there will be people pushing for it (already are). Hopefully his staff and advisors keep him in check.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
I put NOTHING past the traitors of the liberal left. This is an endgame situation for them. An even partially successful Republican presidency kills their dreams of power, and they know it.
7mm
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Bruce,
Lots of nutjobs outright calling for his assassination. Not to mention the group already pushing for impeachment.

What's wrong with this picture?????

Buncha people that've never been told "NO!!!" in their lives.

Travis

Evidently you don't. grin
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Sounds a LOT better than President Kaine!
Posted By: Scotty Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Does anyone really think the left wants to see Pence as president either? It make no sense to me. But then again the people that do those things don't think like normal people.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Sounds a LOT better than President Kaine!

Not just yes, but H@LL YES!
Posted By: SU35 Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Stupid, senseless question
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
luv2safari: What is wrong with you?
Sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Whiptail Re: President Pence - 01/22/17

The religious right would have the most to gain.
Originally Posted by SU35
Stupid, senseless question

I think you underestimate Soros and the Clintons. They have a heavily littered trail behind them.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
At this point I'm hoping for 4 and 8 or 8 and 8.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
what an utterly CRAPPY post
Originally Posted by 280shooter
At this point I'm hoping for 4 and 8 or 8 and 8.

8 and 8 is the best of all possible scenarios.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
I don't think so Bruce. I see Trump as a 1 term guy. He'll be 75 for the 2nd go round. How is your training going for that Sable?
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: President Pence - 01/22/17

Why even pose the question?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Can we all just get along.

No chitt stirrings for a freaking week?

Enjoy the taste of success and the sounds of miserable libs pissing and moaning?
Trying to do a lot of "push-aways".

Dang! The wife and I both cook too well. frown

I convinced that his age and his desire to remain close with his young son and elegant wife will have him bow out after one term.

How's our girl?
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: President Pence - 01/22/17

why on earth would you even be thinking that silliness on day 3 of Trump's Presidency?
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Chelsea Clinton 2020.

Posted By: colorado bob Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
She's a pill, just like you said she would be. Good luck on that Sable. You taking the grandson?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
I have done some research which suggests his first name is Teflon rather than Don.

Teflon Don John T.
Posted By: rflshtr Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
President Trump is a dealmaker. It is likely that at some point in his first term he will tire of being a government official and decide that being with his family and businesses is more important than being President. Once he gets his major issues accomplished and a team in place, it would seem possible that he would resign and hand it off to Pence to finish the job. The left and the media will continue to harass him about everything and I think he will tire of the BS and hand it off once certain things have been accomplished.

Travis

Evidently you don't. grin

Shall I post some quotes?

Dave
Yeah. Seriously.

If you can't throw you weight behind Trump at this point, you're a fugkin' idiot.

I understood the initial reluctance. But from here forward? You're an idiot.

Travis

GFY...and not joking...

Trump supporters are the most vacuous headed bunch in this country, except for liberals.

The first of many knee-slappers.

Dave
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
One of the things I really like about Trump is that he is not a polished public speaker. He simply tells you what he is thinking.

It is honest, like it or not. You can interpret it at face value. The 'news' people can't stand it because it takes away all their 'analysis' they typically do after the wishy-washy sugar-coated political doublespeak bullshitt we have been fed for soooo long.
Posted By: pal Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
luv2safari: What is wrong with you?

This.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Yeah. Seriously.

If you can't throw you weight behind Trump at this point, you're a fugkin' idiot.

I understood the initial reluctance. But from here forward? You're an idiot.

Travis

GFY...and not joking...

Trump supporters are the most vacuous headed bunch in this country, except for liberals.

The first of many knee-slappers.

Dave

Keep them coming.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
MM, you have that right... But democrats can stand the light of truth.. Bullshit is their standard method of operation..
Posted By: jaguartx Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
This is vacuous?
Posted By: EdM Re: President Pence - 01/22/17

Elaborate please.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
There's no such thing as a stupid question.

But there *is* such a thing as an overly inquisitive ass hole.
Luv2 just can't stand it.

LMAO.

Dave
Posted By: bellydeep Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
If they were gonna kill him, I think it would have happened by now.

Unless, at some point, an intelligence agency decides to do it.

But there are other ways of getting rid of him if that is what they wish.
Posted By: Squidge Re: President Pence - 01/22/17
Ed, there will be push to impeach Trump over conflicts of interest with his businesses and violating the emoluments clause in the Constitution. How successful this push is will depend on court rulings and Republicans in Congress.
Posted By: davet Re: President Pence - 01/23/17
That is not how holding onto political power works. That is how you commit political suicide.

The house and senate are Republican. It would take a Republican vote to impeach him, and the party that won doesn't just give it back when it holds all of the cards...by voter mandate.

With the state of the Dem party right now, the R's had better go full steam ahead while they have the chance. Going full steam ahead doesn't include tossing out the guy who got the voters to turn out.

It is going to take the D's 4 years to figure out that they don't have anything figured out yet. And once they figure out how to win the White House, they are going to have major opposition in both houses and the Supreme Court, because they don't have a plan on how to get votes in the majority of states for the Legislative branch. I'd guess at this point the R's have 8-12 years of what will be practically "free run" before the D's are a real threat to chipping away at the R base in the middle of the country.

The D's have to figure out that they need the voters more than the voters need them, which means they have to humble themselves and alter their platform to attract fly-over country voters. The radicals in their party are going to fight against that, even though it would be in their best interest for gaining EC votes.

When Libs admit their platform is wrong and they are open to legit representation of the middle of the country, they will start to have success in national elections....so it could be a long time before they come around.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: President Pence - 01/23/17
When you look at a glass, do you see it as half full, half empty or OMG!!! It's full of POISON! Radioactive, slimey, smelly, noxious poison!!! And the sky is about to fall on it!!!

We elected President Trump against all odds. Tomorrow is uncertain but whatever it will bring it will bring, so enjoy today.
Posted By: noKnees Re: President Pence - 01/23/17
Next to trump doing something absolutely nuts there is no way the current house will vote to start an impeachment. The house post 2018 depends greatly on the next two years.

I would hope that the republican party realizes that the voter block that lost in 2008 and 2012 isn't likely to elect another republican president ( nor continue to return big majorities to congress forever). If the R's want to continue they need to keep Trumps voting block and even add some slices of other demographics to it and to do that the R's in congress need to help Trump get some stuff done, Like adding reasonable paying jobs, particularly in states that Trump took from the Dems. Look like they are making some progress on immigration, ISIS and a couple of other visible and generally popular planks of trumps platform.

Some of this is going to be tough, Tax reform and "repeal and replace" is largely going to be congresses bailiwick and its going to be an uphill climb for those two to not turn into a political goat F**K, where the only beneficiaries are long time political contributors.

The next two years are going to be an interesting fork in the road, Done right and the liberal left could wallow in exile like the R's did from 45 to 80. Screw it up and the right won't see the light of day for election cycles to come.

I hope that Ryan and McConnell and the power brokers that back them can read the writing on the wall.
Posted By: RickyD Re: President Pence - 01/23/17
Originally Posted by Snyper
Lot's of things are "possibilities"
Lot's of things are just stupid too.
And they aren't mutually exclusive.
You continue to prove that. You can stop now.
Posted By: RickyD Re: President Pence - 01/23/17
Originally Posted by Fubarski
There's no such thing as a stupid question.

And you're stupid enough to believe that?

See, there's one right there.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: President Pence - 01/23/17
Originally Posted by Squidge
Ed, there will be push to impeach Trump over conflicts of interest with his businesses and violating the emoluments clause in the Constitution. How successful this push is will depend on court rulings and Republicans in Congress.

if taking gifts and bribes from foreign governments was actionable, then Bill Clinton and barack both would be sitting in Leavenworth today.
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: President Pence - 01/23/17
At this point, I don't care. I'm still in the Hillary-didn't-win honeymoon.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: President Pence - 01/23/17
Lets see how the next 4 or 8 years go.
Posted By: KFWA Re: President Pence - 01/23/17
progressives would rather have Trump than Pence

That is Trump's insurance policy
© 24hourcampfire