Home
NFL sharpens warning to Texas on 'bathroom bill'

AP Published: February 10, 2017

[Linked Image]

"The Texas bill prevents grown men from entering your daughter's restroom, locker room, and shower facility and pullng out their johnson in full sight. The NFL says they have no problem with a grown man pulling out his johnson in front of your daughter."

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The NFL sharpened its warning to Texas on Friday about a "bathroom bill" targeting transgender people, suggesting for the first time that the football-crazed state could miss out on hosting another Super Bowl if the proposal is enacted.

"If a proposal that is discriminatory or inconsistent with our values were to become law there, that would certainly be a factor considered when thinking about awarding future events," league spokesman Brian McCarthy said in response to an email question about the Texas bill.

Although the NFL released a statement about inclusiveness earlier this month prior to the Super Bowl in Houston, it didn't address whether the bill could put future such events at risk for the state.

The NFL has selected future Super Bowl sites through 2021, none of which are in Texas. Dallas hosted the game in 2011 and three Super Bowls have been played in Texas since 2004, which is second only to Florida.

Under the Texas bill, people would be required to use bathrooms that correspond to the sex on their birth certificate. It's similar to a North Carolina law that prompted the NCAA to pull seven championship events from that state last year and is backed by Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, a powerful figure in the state who had cited the Houston Super Bowl as proof that big events will stick around.

Republican Gov. Greg Abbott has been quieter on the proposal and, noticeably, never mentioned bathrooms while laying out his legislative agenda last month.

Following the NFL statement, Patrick's office signaled it was remaining firm and was committed to "making sure that every Texas is welcomed" at sporting events.

"Despite persistent misinformation in the media, under Senate Bill 6, all Texas teams will be able to set their own policies at the stadiums and arenas where they play and hold their events. There is no conflict with the NFL's statement today and Senate Bill 6," Patrick spokesman Alejandro Garcia said.

The NCAA has declined comment so far since the Texas bill was filed last month. Since 2004, Texas has hosted more combined Super Bowls, NBA All-Star Games (three) and NCAA men's Final Fours (five) than any other state. San Antonio is scheduled to host another Final Four in 2018, and Dallas is hosting the women's NCAA Final Four in April.

Unlike the North Carolina law, the Texas proposal stops short of some provisions the NCAA singled out when defending its decision to relocate events last fall. That includes language that invalidates local equal-rights ordinances, although there is separate legislation in Texas that could have similar effects.

The NFL has issued similar warnings before about state legislation that critics say invites discrimination. In 2015, Georgia Republican Gov. Nathan Deal vetoed a "religious liberty" bill that the NFL suggested could result in Atlanta being passed over for Super Bowls.
If some man pulls his dick out in front of my daughter or my wife in a public bathroom I'm going to show him the other end of it. This argument is beyond comprehension. It should not even be up for discussion. Put in a third bathroom and label it "neutral".
Pro football has been gay for quite some time now. Tom Brady and Gronk are heroes, after all.
Dollar generated.
Concealed carry and an angry woman should straighten this out. I hope some perverts get shot.
Hope they keep this stupid stuff up and , and sooner or later people will have enough and NI& football league will implode and self destruct !!
wouldn't miss not having a super bowl in Texas. Yawn.
Originally Posted by mohick
Hope they keep this stupid stuff up and , and sooner or later people will have enough and NI& football league will implode and self destruct !!

It wasn't too long ago that some threads were generated on the Campfire related to homosexuality. Several responses indicated that many folks here took a tolerant attitude. But over time, one started seeing, in the media, how gays have aligned themselves also with transgenders and other assorted deviancy, as a group, that are discriminated against.
Moral corruption is like a drip drip in bad plumbing. And the drip eventually becomes a serious leak.

So now the NFL is like Sodom and Gormorrah, huh.
Like drip is now a leak. A bad one.
Surely you are not shocked by this?? wink

Just like the boycotts here!!!
Shocked? Heck no.

And don't ever call me Shirley.....
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
If some man pulls his dick out in front of my daughter or my wife in a public bathroom I'm going to show him the other end of it. This argument is beyond comprehension. It should not even be up for discussion. Put in a third bathroom and label it "neutral confused".

Fixed that for ya.
They still don't know Texas.
Nice easy going folks----------until they're pushed just so far, then they won't take another step back.
Then it's shut up and back away time before all hell gets loose.
As per magnumdude's post above, I have three granddaughters that the sun rises and sets on. I'm not going to concern myself with laws, policies or the absence of same but know this. . . . . If there is ever an incident (because of this transgender nonsense) and one of my granddaughters is a victim, I will turn loose the hounds of hell.
Go Abbott!
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
If some man pulls his dick out in front of my daughter or my wife in a public bathroom I'm going to show him the other end of it. This argument is beyond comprehension. It should not even be up for discussion. Put in a third bathroom and label it "neutral confused".

Fixed that for ya.

Thanks Dan...I was more concerned with pulling the fµcker's dick off and showing him the other end of it. Start him on the transgender surgery early - free of charge.

My wife and daughter have their Concealed Carry license. I taught their class.
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Dollar generated.
uhhhh Denny? homos make up about 1% of the population, and they don't watch football.
Dear NFL,

This is to inform you that if keep these types of warnings up you will just piss off the folks that by tickets and watch tv.

Way to go,you have alienated most of your base,besides the ones that were pissed by your inaction of players being disrespectful to the country that has given of it's treasure so you and your minions can make a vastly over priced wage.

Just to let you know this house has lost all respect for the head office of the NFL.

Now you good folks just have a nice day.
If enough states/cities told the NFL to GFTs they would drop all this crap in a minute.
Stop supporting them.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Dollar generated.
uhhhh Denny? homos make up about 1% of the population, and they don't watch football.
If homos don't watch football, how do you explain the Patriots?
Just another example of where we'll get all pissed off and threaten to boycott the NFL....and we will until the football season starts in September. The problem is, we have done nothing to combat this crap, and they know it. Now, I don't buy NFL gear, I don't buy tickets to a game, and I don't buy the games on TV. But, I do watch a game now and then if the Packers are being competitive. I can quit doing that, if it will do any good.
Originally Posted by BarryC
Concealed carry and an angry woman should straighten this out. I hope some perverts get shot.

A pissed off woman and good sharp knife would work just as good. Where's Lorena Bobbit when you need her?
The NFL has been on the way out for several years now. Viewership continues at a downward trend as they continually alienate their traditional fan base. Most people I know pay the NFL little attention any more, when they used to never miss a game.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Just another example of where we'll get all pissed off and threaten to boycott the NFL....and we will until the football season starts in September. The problem is, we have done nothing to combat this crap, and they know it. Now, I don't buy NFL gear, I don't buy tickets to a game, and I don't buy the games on TV. But, I do watch a game now and then if the Packers are being competitive. I can quit doing that, if it will do any good.

I boycotted the NFL this last season. Did not watch a single game after the Kaepernick BS, including the Super Bowl.
Screw the NFL.
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Shocked? Heck no.

And don't ever call me Shirley.....

grin
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Dollar generated.
If homos don't watch football, how do you explain the Seahawks?

Fixed it for ya!
Goodell and about half the owners need their heads put on sticks.
Beating women to a pulp, check

Playing under the influence of PEDS, check

Killing people, shooting people, knifing people, check

Gender correct bathrooms, the NFL is very concerned and will work hard to stop it, check

I hope they will be the cause of their own demise !!
Thing is, the NFL and other sports groups never wanted to come to Texas because we were nice to homos and other assorted perverts - it was because they made money by coming here - and that money was NOT made off the BLT community.

I think the phrase that fits is "They need US more than we need THEM"?

Yesterday it was announced that the Houston Texans NFL team would ne holding training camp next year in Virginia - I think - instead of Texas. Don't know if the bathroom law is the reason? (And don't care)

Mike
Originally Posted by Harry M

Gender correct bathrooms, the NFL is very concerned and will work hard to stop it, check

Yes, far and away the majority in the NFL.
I find the NFL especially easy to ignore now that my local big city (Chicago) no longer has a professional team.
I swore off the NFL after Goodell came out SUPPORTING KrapperDick. Did not watch a single NFL game this year. Spent ZERO dollars on anything NFL related. Didn't miss anything. This just reinforces my decision.

#NotMyNFL....
Originally Posted by EdM

Yes, far and away the majority in the NFL.

amazing eh?
Never have so few held so much political clout as the LGBTQABCDEFG crowd. They do in large part, to re-set the acceptable ethics and standards in society. Break down standards and you can create whatever world of behavior you want.
The Spurs already lost a fan (me) when Greg Popovitch went SJW during the post-game interviews. I'm not feeling the NFL either lately.

I expect I'm not alone, revenues will fall.

Heck, the NFL/NBA can be Leftist/Progressive on their own time if they want, this is America after all, but they need to just STFU about that and do sports.

Birdwatcher
I quit watching pro sports (and college) about 30 yrs ago.
Friggin joke back then.
Maybe the Gov should slap a $500 tax on each season ticket and on each cableviewer with the NFL package in Texas. Also maybe 50 grand on each team visiting Texas. Might get their attention.
I am not done with the NFL, only cause I still like the Packers. I only watched the last half of the Super Bowl cause I was sure Gaga was going to say something about Trump. Now days, I only watch the Packers and man times I dont even watch them. I used to see every game. Not anymore. I am sure there are a lot doing the same.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Never have so few held so much political clout as the LGBTQABCDEFG crowd. They do in large part, to re-set the acceptable ethics and standards in society. Break down standards and you can create whatever world of behavior you want.

YUP!

BTW I see what you did there. Probably just a metter of time before all those extra letters really do stand for some alternative something.
As long as we keep supporting these azzwhipes (i'll explain it for the short-bus crowd....) by buying tickets, buying anything related to the game or even watching on TV, we will continue to empower them to do/say all the stupid schidt they do.

Fughk 'em - let 'em pursue *real* careers and learn to be productive, responsible adults.....if they really are capable.
For those really jazzed about the pollution in our society, you can write the advertisers on NFL games and let them know your thoughts.
Anything which gathers a large audience on TV is going to be targeted to be a propaganda tool for the Social Marxists.

Actually, that's all Television is these days.
Be not of this World.

You forgot the sex slave trafficking that surrounds the super bowl.
Ray Lewis plead guilty to obstruction of justice for his role in the murder of 2 men and agreed to testify against the 2 friends who were with him that evening. Ray Lewis disposed of the white suit he was wearing that evening and DNA found the blood of the 2 murder victims inside the Limo Ray Lewis used to leave the scene of the murders.

Ray Lewis was not suspended by the NFL but was fined 250,000 and agreed to not use drugs or alcohol while he was on probation.

Tom Brady, who doesn't even have a parking ticket on his record, was suspended by the NFL for 4 games and was called a "cheater". This is spite of no evidence against him and ignoring the fact that 3 out of the 4 Colt balls that evening tested under the 12.5 psi min. And to this day the NFL refuses to release the psi numbers collected during this past season during random checks.
And we won't even get into Ray Rice knocking out his girlfriend on video, which the NFL tried to deny even existed, and only then suspending him 2 games.

And Tom Brady, who lives a good life, and is there whenever the league has asked him, has had his stellar 15 yr career dragged through the mud over nothing.
Brady=White=Guilty of SOMETHING
They can keep the dumass Super Bowl.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Pro football has been gay for quite some time now. Tom Brady and Gronk are heroes, after all.

I've missed some time here, tell me, when did you become such a moron?
Now the NBA wants to get into the act . . .

NBA warns Texas over proposed 'bathroom bill'

Associated Press
February 17, 2017 5:05 PM CDT

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The NBA has warned that Texas could be overlooked for future events because of a proposed "bathroom bill" targeting transgender people.

The Texas legislation is similar to a North Carolina law that prompted the league to move the All-Star Game out of that state. It would require people to use bathrooms that correspond to the sex on their birth certificate.

NBA spokesman Mike Bass says an environment where people are treated "fairly and equally" weighs heavily in deciding host locations. The NBA first made the statement last week, and the NFL has issued similar warnings.

Texas has hosted three All-Star Games since 2006.

Charlotte was originally supposed to host Sunday's All-Star Game. But the NBA moved the game to New Orleans after North Carolina adopted its "bathroom bill" last year.
We don't want weirdos in our restrooms!!!
Texas to the NFL: Stop playing games

By John Moody
February 17, 2017
FoxNews.com

[Linked Image]
February 5, 2017: New England Patriots' Dont'a Hightower (L) and Kyle Van Noy celebrate after New England
recovered the ball during the fourth quarter against the Atlanta Falcons at Super Bowl LI in Houston, Texas.
(REUTERS/Adrees Latif)

They say “Don’t mess with Texas” for a reason.

And if the National Football League wants to avoid getting blindsided, it might want to think twice about what that advice means.

Just a week after Houston hosted Super Bowl LI, the League suggested that if the Lone Star State legislature passes a proposed bill requiring people to use the bathroom, locker room or shower rooms and changing room assigned to their biological gender, Texas may forfeit high-profile sports events in the future. Why? Because gay rights groups consider the law tantamount to legalized discrimination against trans-gender people.

The NFL’s threat is nearly identical to one issued by the National Basketball Association and the NCAA, the governing body for collegiate sports, against North Carolina, which has already enacted a similar law.

Earlier this week, Bellwether looked at the nasty standoff between North Carolina’s Republican-controlled legislature and opponents of the law. The NBA moved this year’s All-Star game, slated for Charlotte, to New Orleans, as punishment for North Carolina’s so-called bathroom bill. And the NCAA has threatened to shut the Tar Heel state out of future sports events unless the law, officially known as HR2, is repealed.

North Carolina isn’t backing down, and Texas probably won’t, either, when its bill comes up for a vote next month. "The NBA and the NFL have lost their minds, as well as their moral compass, " says Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick. "They are shaking in their sneakers because they're so afraid of political correctness."

“The far left is out of touch on this issue,” says Texas Republican State Senator Lois Kohlkorst, the bill’s chief sponsor. “What I find frustrating is that most people who say they oppose this bill haven’t even read it.”

A former college athlete, Kohlkorst says that the proposal, formally called SB6 but shorthanded as the bathroom bill, covers more than restrooms. For example, if SB6 fails to become law, a player on the men’s basketball team who self-identifies as female can choose the girls’ locker room to suit up and shower in. She warns, “The thought of 15- and 16 –year-old boys and girls showering together at school is something we should think about.”

Women’s groups are now voicing alarm. “We’re hearing from women, especially rape victims, who are offended and traumatized by the thought of a man being in these most intimate places with them,” Kolkhorst says. “This cuts through party lines and goes to our shared system of values.”

She cites internal polling showing SB6 is favored by every ethnic group in Texas but one: white liberal Democrats.

Certainly, trans-gender people – by which I mean those who have undergone medical alteration to make them what they choose to be – should not endure discrimination. But what about those who have not taken such steps? How should they prove they are the gender they say they are? An anatomy exam? Wouldn’t that be the most humiliating test of all?

The NBA and the NCAA declined to talk last week when I called about the North Carolina law. The NFL has issued a statement saying it is inclusive and opposed to discrimination of any kind, but won’t comment further.

Yet none of these sports associations have opened their players’ locker rooms to the opposite gender. Nor have they taken steps to ensure that spectators can enter any bathroom in the stadiums where their games are played.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott thinks the NFL is sticking its faceguard where it doesn’t belong. “The NFL has its own problems,” Abbott told Bill Hemmer on Fox News Channel. “The NFL coddled players who refused to stand for the National Anthem. The NFL has its own problems with regards to violence against women. The last thing the NFL needs to do is tell states how to operate.”

NFL referees are pretty good at recognizing offside, when one team wanders into an opponent’s space. Perhaps a quick glance in the mirror would help end this latest, unnecessary scrimmage, and help everyone make the right call.
© 24hourcampfire