Home
Posted By: dvdegeorge Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
So finally heard from the goof Ex employee who didn't show up for work(for 2 weeks) nor call till I received a text message yesterday asking for his final pay check.
He picked it up without incident and I just said "here ya go bye"

Then I received this text message..I deem it an instant classic for the ages along side "The dog ate my homework" TFF!

"kind of embarrassing 2 talk about but i didnt show up for work because i had a hemroid problem that was very painful and its gonna be another couple days
be4 i recover idk if you hired somone else or not but w.e the situation is i would like to come back and work for you"

Posted By: 4ager Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
T.M.I.
Posted By: RWE Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
Tell him having him as an employee was also a pain in the ass.

His departure will ultimately solve both.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
Butt hurt is no excuse...
Posted By: CEJ1895 Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
Send him a tube of Preparation H..
Posted By: JPro Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
That is a pretty good one, considering it was two weeks.

My brother sells re-claimed construction materials that come from tear-downs. One of the main guys that runs a tear-down crew had several workers that were all no-shows for a few days. When asked why they didn't come to work, one said that they'd "had the radioactive cancer". When asked how they got such a thing, they claimed "it was from JJ's thieving ass what stole a busted microwave and used it in the house". When asked how they were miraculously back at work a few days later, they said the doctor cured it. What did the doctor give them? "Some Tylenols".......
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
Years ago I worked for a seed company. We had a Mexican kid who, about once a week, would call in drunk. He didn't lie about it. He'd just say he was too drunk to work that day. The boss was about ready to fire him when he didn't show up one day. The boss called him in to fire him and he said something like 'You no fire me por favor. If I no work, I go to jail.' He was done with that job for sure but I never heard if he went to jail.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Send him a tube of Preparation H..

A lovely parting gift!
Posted By: hanco Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
I had a Plumber that worked 4 days a week on average. 5 this week, 3 the next. I liked him or I would have fired his ass a lot sooner. One of the other plumbers ask him why he only worked 4 days a week. Greg looked at him and told him, ". I can't quite make it on three". That made sense to me. I finally ran his ass off. He finally straightened up from what I heard.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
Had an apprentice that refused to help set a prefabricated panel! I was pissed and ask what the hell, give us a hand! He says I can't my shorts are to tight! I couldn't do anything but laugh!!
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
I had a guy call in with a combo of gas and cancer, he used that right up until we fired him.
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
You should text him back

I had a hemorrhoid too
Biggest hemorrhoid ever
What a pain in the ass
I finally got rid of it.
Not looking to go through that again

See if he makes the connection. whistle
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
Read all the posts above and would like to say "you ain't seen nuttin' and yer gettin' off easy" Most if not all of the above is normal where I live.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17

The world is run by those that show- up.
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
Not work related, but…

“I missed that one deer because I was shooting at the other one.”
Posted By: arkypete Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
I wonder what he hit his head on.

Jim
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
Sorta creative. He went with the medical sympathy angle AND the too embarrassed to tell you angle. One-two punch excuse. Perhaps you weren't using his creativity to his fullest potential. Maybe he should be in some sales capacity for you. grin
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
Knew one pretty senior guy at a previous employer, who told his supervisor he had to get a boil on his butt lanced and wouldn't be in for a couple days. Probably true as he'd clearly been in pain from it. The supervisor told everyone, of course. About 10 guys brought him pillows to sit on. smile
New yard guy knocked on my door and said he's the greatest so I sent him up on the mountain to clear some brush and a fence line. Did OK. Said he would be back the next day but didn't show for 3 weeks with no calls no nuthin'. Quit after I said it would be nice for him to stick to his word.

Gave up getting upset about the lack of giddy up n go around here long ago. It is what it is .

Had a girl show up with her own equipment including gas. Did more work in an hour than the hillbillies did in 2 1/2 and she's a Republican ta boot ! laugh
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Knew one pretty senior guy

Contractor next door has a helper that's been with him for a long time.

Four months !
Posted By: hanco Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
I like the new Bros Osborne song "It ain't my fault"
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
I interviewed a lady for a receptionist position a couple months ago. When I asked what hobbies she had she said she like to drink beer and party. She didn't get the job.
Posted By: kingston Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
In high school I crapped my pants at least once a week on my way to school. I'd show up late in Sister Mary's office explaining that I'd had to turn around to go home and change my pants and sometimes even shower before heading back toward school. I got no sympathy, but regular detention. She was a hard woman with pretty inflexible ideas about young men and their bowels.

As Jack Nicholson said,

" never trust a fart, never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on".
Posted By: kingston Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
Originally Posted by cisco1

As Jack Nicholson said,

" never trust a fart, never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on".

One out of three ain't bad.

Had a scraper Operator worked for me, years ago.

He came in for work the day after he had a vasectomy.

Tough bastard, had a buncha rugrats by a buncha lovelies.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Best Excuse Ever? - 02/16/17
You hired someone and actually expected them to show up as scheduled! What is this world coming to?
© 24hourcampfire