Home
While I expect more'n a few raccoons end up compacted every year, this one in DC appears to have made a narrow escape.

Great photo tho.... grin

[Linked Image]

I have no love for them varmints. I had one challenge me yesterday morning. Puffed up like a bodybuilder when I opened the door on the way to work.

I caught him in a trap last night, but somehow he tipped it over and got out.

Got that situation fixed, if he wants those marshmallows tonight, he's buzzard bait.

No mercy shown to them. None. .22 Short HP to the head, adjusts their attitudes accordingly.

I hear ya.....

I use a 17M2........lights out.........

means more pheasants in my fields........
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I have no love for them varmints. I had one challenge me yesterday morning. Puffed up like a bodybuilder when I opened the door on the way to work.

Got that situation fixed, if he wants those marshmallows tonight, he's buzzard bait.

No mercy shown to them. None. .22 Short HP to the head, adjusts their attitudes accordingly.

Cinder block on top, after you set the trap will put an end to that. wink
Killing varmints just because they are that doesn't work for me perosnally.

Doesn't mean I don't shoot them though....

I'd much rather have songbirds...meadowlarks...pheasants & rabbits

than skunks...coons......feral cats.....ground squirrels...
Originally Posted by rost495
Killing varmints just because they are that doesn't work for me perosnally.

Doesn't mean I don't shoot them though....

agree. Killing any animal, just for the sake of killing, does not interest me.
You have never hunted prairie dogs?

If you place the muzzle of a Savage Stiker 10 inch in HMR through the wires of the cage, the raccoon will actually place the muzzle in his mouth.
Originally Posted by achadwick

That is for the sake of pink mist--never gets old
Indeed! smile
I like trapping coons, watermelon works as bait.
Originally Posted by achadwick

do not hunt them.......

just shoot them.....no hunting required....... grin
Coons in D.C. is news?
Originally Posted by poboy
Coons in D.C. is news?

sorta growing up in No VA, the District was full of them...

started in the early 50s and by 1970 it was pretty much overrun with them...

white gals, especially blondes seem to attract them a lot...
Early to mid 1970's I drove garbage trucks. Raccoons are notorious dumpster divers. When the truck backed up to the dumpster they would often "sit tight" in the dumpster, thinking they were safe if they stayed hidden. By the time the dumpster is leaving the ground it's usually (but not always) too late for them to escape and they wind up going for a ride. In a compactor type truck it's usually fatal for them. In a large non-compactor scenario, like a large roll-off box unit, they will often ride all the way to wherever it gets dumped. The container will tip up; contents will all come falling out; next thing you see is a raccoon crawling up out of the contents, looking around with a "where am I" look on its face. Have seen that many times.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
[Linked Image]

Nearly every trash truck down here has one or more riding on the back... whistle

grin
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
[Linked Image]

Nearly every trash truck down here has one or more riding on the back... whistle

grin

Are they 'ring-tailed' or just regular 'coons'? wink
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by poboy
Coons in D.C. is news?

sorta growing up in No VA, the District was full of them...

started in the early 50s and by 1970 it was pretty much overrun with them...

white gals, especially blondes seem to attract them a lot...

>>>>>>>>LMFAO<<<<<<<<<<<

They don't tip over a conibear 220. Got one last night.
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Are they 'ring-tailed' or just regular 'coons'? wink

'Moan Backs... grin
roasted coon is delicious. Be sure you cut off as much fat as you can and roast them in the over....Laripin

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire