Home
Posted By: Birdwatcher Patriots Day: The movie. - 02/19/17
Just seen it at the Two Dollar Movies (the Dollar Movies for old folks, a lot less trash and gum on the floor :grin).

This is a movie everyone should own, about the Boston Marathon Terrorist bombing. A great movie, plays out like a well-done action drama, but it all happened.

I had no idea the shootout with Watertown, MA PD went down so violent, and kudos to the little Chinese geek who broke the case.

The fanaticism of the terrorist's American-convert wife is chilling and the surviving brother is just a waste of oxygen.

Igive it two thumbs up and then some.

Birdwatcher
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Patriots Day: The movie. - 02/19/17
Didn't they (the brothers) toss another pressure cooker bomb during the shootout?
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Patriots Day: The movie. - 02/19/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Didn't they (the brothers) toss another pressure cooker bomb during the shootout?

Yes but I don't believe it went off.
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Patriots Day: The movie. - 02/19/17
They threw what looked like pipe bombs at the police during the shootout.

What I couldn't figured out how that dumbass survived after the police put about 50 rounds into the boat he was hiding in and he was still able to climb out.
Posted By: rabst Re: Patriots Day: The movie. - 02/19/17
I had the exact same thought: they embellished the Watertown shootout. But, after getting home and doing an internet search, it seems that the movie's portrayal is pretty close to how it actually went down. LEOs thought they were throwing sticks of dynamite.

Loved the movie, and didn't really expect to.

The actors playing the Tsarnaev brothers were pretty convincing.

The actors playing the Tsarnaev brothers were pretty convincing.

Ya, as was their home situation. First time I've seen an Islamofascist youtube on how to make a bomb, they sure are big on chanting those monotonous Arabic songs.

Favorite line in the movie; in the midst of an intense shootout replete with explosions where the Tsarnaev brothers are getting hammered regardless, one of the Watertown Cops calls out "Welcome to Watertown m'f&&kers!" .....

Saw it. Liked it.
Two thumbs up as well.
© 24hourcampfire