Home
Posted By: rockinbbar You're Fired! - 02/20/17
Some protestors fired after not showing up for work on "Day Without Immigrants Protest"...

Imagine that. Don't show up for work, get fired.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...s-fired-for-participating-in-day-without
Posted By: RWE Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
From the fox article on same:

(look for the irony)

Twelve Latino employees from the I Don’t Care Bar and Grill in Tulsa, Okla. told Fox 23 News they were fired over text message because they didn’t show up for their shift and failed to let their employers know about their absence. The employees told the station they expected to be reprimanded, but not dismissed.

The firings led to an outcry in the community.

If you have 12 people who feel strongly and want to make a stand, I think management should have taken a look at that and at least stood by them or give them some time,” Catherine Bishop, of Broken Arrow, told Fox 23 News.

The restaurant had already posted on Facebook seeking employees for its open positions.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
"...didn’t show up for their shift and failed to let their employers know..."

that dog.... won't hunt with most people!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
Originally Posted by RWE
From the fox article on same:

(look for the irony)

Twelve Latino employees from the I Don’t Care Bar and Grill in Tulsa, Okla. told Fox 23 News they were fired over text message because they didn’t show up for their shift and failed to let their employers know about their absence. The employees told the station they expected to be reprimanded, but not dismissed.

The firings led to an outcry in the community.

If you have 12 people who feel strongly and want to make a stand, I think management should have taken a look at that and at least stood by them or give them some time,” Catherine Bishop, of Broken Arrow, told Fox 23 News.

The restaurant had already posted on Facebook seeking employees for its open positions.

laugh

Guess they don't give a schidt!
Posted By: kid0917 Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
walk out/stay out
Posted By: kellory Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
....looks to me, that management gave them all the time they need.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
Remember the old, "Inmates Running the Asylum"?
It's plain stupefying that anyone actually thinks a private business should have to give consideration for employees taking off to make a political statement.

Posted By: Mannlicher Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
Originally Posted by RWE
It's plain stupefying that anyone actually thinks a private business should have to give consideration for employees taking off to make a political statement.

and really, that IS the position of so many in America today. The agenda driven left has disconnected from common sense and reality.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by RWE

and really, that IS the position of so many in America today. The agenda driven left has disconnected from common sense and reality.

They are all "entitled", dontchaknow? whistle
Posted By: ro1459 Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
If 12 staff members from a single shift don't show up, your restaurant is closed for that shift. Is anyone talking about the money lost to that business owner? Besides, every employee manual of every restaurant owner I know has a clause that says if you don't show up for your shift without notice, you are resigning. They got what they asked for.
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
But, but, .... I thought they come here because they WANT to work?

Mike
I also imagine there were FAR more than 100 fired nationwide.

The silly part is that they will be on welfare or unemployment now, and probably making more money than they were holding a job.
Posted By: hanco Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
Fire their asses.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
This is a good thing, but IMO it is exactly what the left was hoping for.

Next we will see a poor helpless family man who lost his job exercising his First Amendment Rights paraded in front of American declaring President Trump a Monster.

More important then the propaganda that will come, is the lawsuits.
Expect these small businesses all across America to be dragged into court, and sued. Putting them in extreme financial distress.
Originally Posted by steve4102

Next we will see a poor helpless family man who lost his job exercising his First Amendment Rights paraded in front of American declaring President Trump a Monster.

Expect these small businesses all across America to be dragged into court, and sued. Putting them in extreme financial distress.

Many, many people don't understand their rights. Especially the First Amendment.

Sure, they can exercise their 1st Amendment rights, but they have to live with the consequences of their actions.
Posted By: tzone Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
Originally Posted by hanco
Fire their asses.

Ummmm. did you read the article? lol
Posted By: steve4102 Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by steve4102

Many, many people don't understand their rights. Especially the First Amendment.

Sure, they can exercise their 1st Amendment rights, but they have to live with the consequences of their actions.

Right, that is exactly why the propaganda core in the MSM will be successful in demonizing Trump on this issue.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
IF they had given some advance notice, arrangements of some sort might have been made to allow some of them to have their fun.

Not asking the boss know was just stupid.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
No call, no show, no job. Pretty simple really.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
Only 100?

Sounds like not very many people joined their protests.
Posted By: CEJ1895 Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
Do stupid things - win stupid prizes..

They got just what they deserved! Too bad they weren't turned over to ICE to verify their status in this country!
I would like to empathize with those employers who had workers not show up; however, all my folks came to work.

But I'm all for solidarity and standing for principle, and as such, I fired a few people just to support the employers.

I told the now terminated workers that they can thank the immigrants...
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
The surprise was that many people protesting actually had jobs. Hasbeen
Posted By: 12344mag Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
That worked out good for them didn't it.
Posted By: Ringman Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
Sue called that "No call no show" and equated it with "job abandonment". If / when they did call in a day or two, they didn't have a job.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
"I absolutely understand and support them... I'd walk out with them if I could!"
~ Owner of our roofing company

"WTF... are you serious?"
~ Me
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
"I absolutely understand and support them... I'd walk out with them if I could!"
~ Owner of our roofing company

"WTF... are you serious?"
~ Me

I'd be hunting another employer.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: You're Fired! - 02/20/17
Originally Posted by Pappy348
IF they had given some advance notice, arrangements of some sort might have been made to allow some of them to have their fun.

Not asking the boss know was just stupid.

Here's the thing, if they had given ample notice and only some were allowed to take off, it wouldn't have proven the point they were trying to make. The point is that these businesses need them to operate. So by committing mutiny, or going on a one day strike, they are shutting down their boss' business. That shows a total lack of loyalty on their part. If my guys ever pulled some BS like that, they'd be gone for sure. You can screw me once, but it ain't gonna happen a second time. F^ck'em.

All of my immigrants showed up for work.
© 24hourcampfire