Home
Posted By: SandBilly Life #9 - 02/22/17
[video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANy...qIf7bv8Swhv98KcqATBlHM&v=AHthGBdnFtA[/video]
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
Damn, now my head hurts.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
That's a dead mofo...
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
If he's alive, he definitely won't be the same.
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
DRT
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
All the news links say he's alive. Fractured chest and skull.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/02/video-man-gets-knocked-cold-freak-runaway-tire/
Posted By: kingston Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
Unbelievable!
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
Talk about some BAD LUCK!
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
Maybe it's a turning point in his luck. He just paid back a ton of bad karma all at one time...
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
Heads up!
Posted By: Gunaddict Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
Wow
Posted By: MOGC Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
I saw an 18 wheeler lose a tire/wheel from the back of the truck once. The mounted tire rocketed off the truck and shot across a grassy median, across two traffic lanes on the other side, through a yard and hit a homes garage door hard enough to rip the garage door right down on top of the cars parked inside. Crazy to see...
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
little girl up in fort worth, yrs ago, was decapitated like that helping her dad change a tire on the side of the highway. tire came off a trailer a truck was pulling.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by MOGC
I saw an 18 wheeler lose a tire/wheel from the back of the truck once. The mounted tire rocketed off the truck and shot across a grassy median, across two traffic lanes on the other side, through a yard and hit a homes garage door hard enough to rip the garage door right down on top of the cars parked inside. Crazy to see...

Had one come off an 18 wheeler in MI heading to a football game when I was little at 45mph in traffic. Luckily it didn't jump the median, it landed in a giant 'pond' pit at the side of the highway after rolling quite some ways at speed. Scary. Family still talks about it.
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Maybe it's a turning point in his luck. He just paid back a ton of bad karma all at one time...

Turning point. You just said that.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
I saw one hauling ass down a grassy median once. Scarey.

That reminds me of the trucker who saw one of his 18 pass by him. He caught up with it as it came to rest just outside the fence of an insane asylum.

As he was pondering what he should do a guy walked up to the inside of the fence and hung a few teeth through.

As the trucker pondered the guy inside the asylum said that what he would do would be to remove one lug nut from several other wheels and put the free tire back on the rig with them. Then, when he got to town he'd just get some more lug nuts for the other wheels.

Trucker looks at him and says, hey, youre a pretty smart fellow. How come youre in that asylum?

Guy said, "Well, they got me in here for being crazy, not for being a dumbass".
Posted By: achadwick Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I saw one hauling ass down a grassy median once. Scarey.

That reminds me of the trucker who saw one of his 18 pass by him. He caught up with it as it came to rest just outside the fence of an insane asylum.

As he was pondering what he should do a guy walked up to the inside of the fence and hung a few teeth through.

As the trucker pondered the guy inside the asylum said that what he would do would be to remove one lug nut from several other wheels and put the free tire back on the rig with them. Then, when he got to town he'd just get some more lug nuts for the other wheels.

Trucker looks at him and says, hey, youre a pretty smart fellow. How come youre in that asylum?

Guy said, "Well, they got me in here for being crazy, not for being a dumbass".

Good one!
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Life #9 - 02/22/17
Hitchiker down around Edgewood NM was hit and killed by a tire & rim off a semi, and killed ~15 years ago.
AFAIK they never found the trucker.
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by MOGC

Had one come off an 18 wheeler in MI heading to a football game when I was little at 45mph in traffic. Luckily it didn't jump the median, it landed in a giant 'pond' pit at the side of the highway after rolling quite some ways at speed. Scary. Family still talks about it.

I hit one on I-59 after a LSU-UA football game many years ago. It came out from under an 18 wheeler like a rubber band. One car in front of me swerved and missed it, then it bounced over a pickup and looked like it was coming thru my windshield. I laid over in the seat and hung on. It went under the car but when I came to a stop I was covered in wet, shattered glass.

I had stopped and bought a six pack of Abita beer to celebrate when I got back to Tuscaloosa and had it sitting in the passenger side floorboard. Five of the six had exploded and I was covered in glass and beer. I drank the last one right then and there. I remember it like it was yesterday.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Had a station wagon (1970s vintage Olds; big fugger) come blowing past me years back. About a mile or so up the two-lane, and around a curve, here was this wheel bouncing along merrily, all by itself.

Seems the car load of Mexicans had found a wheel with the right bolt pattern, but an inch or more bigger than the other three in diameter, and bolted that thing onto the left rear DRIVE wheel. Sheared those bolts off clean.

I bumped the wheel out of the road with the truck, waved at the Mex mess, and laughed all the way home.
Posted By: RWE Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
OK, nobody else wants to point out the guy that runs for the tire?
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Coworker and her husband were on I-75 south of Lexington, KY traveling at interstate speed in a full size pickup truck. Trailer tire and wheel from oncoming traffic jumped the divider and center punched their windshield and leading edge of their roof. Mashed the roof down into the seat between them. No injuries. Only covered in glass. If there had been a third passenger, or if the tire had landed 20" left or right...
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
I have a brother in Houston. He was driving down the freeway to work at a law firm downtown, and the truck in front of him lost a couple of boxes.

One hit the front of his pickup, and the other went through his windshield on the passenger side.

Both boxes had big aluminum alloy wheels in them.

Truck never stopped.

He called me as he was waiting for the wrecker. I told him to get the wheels and call the manufacturer with the serial numbers, and they could trace it to the distributor.

He told me a car load of black dudes stopped and took the wheels before he could even walk around his pickup. shocked whistle
Posted By: Redneck Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
You can say THAT again!!! Yowza!!

The odds on that happening are astronomical..
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by RWE

I wondered about that, too. Souvenir or evidence for the trial?
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Damn; makes my head hurt just by watching it.
Posted By: tzone Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by Redneck
You can say THAT again!!! Yowza!!

The odds on that happening are astronomical..

Looks to me like the odds were pretty good. laugh
Posted By: KC Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17

Wrong place at the wrong time.

Sometimes you just can't win even when you are minding your own business.

I wonder how it was explained in the emergency room?

Posted By: deerstalker Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
had a 16 inch spare come off from under a Ford 3/4 ton PU i was driving down hwy 41 in Cali a lifetime ago. it flipped the back end of the PU pretty good and i watched in the Rear view mirror as it bounced twice and headed for the front windshield of a Mercedes behind me that was full of college girls. it cleared the top of that car by maybe 2 inches and went into the ditch. still gives me nightmares 50 years later thinking of what it would have done going through that car.
Posted By: GunReader Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Moving back to Chicago from downstate years ago, my pickup had been making a weird noise for the entire 500 mile trip. I thought it was a driveline noise and had been under the truck repeatedly during the trip looking for the noise.

I made it to Chicago, emptied the heavily loaded truck and trailer and returned downstate. My buddy had followed along driving my car and I took him home to his country hideaway. Leaving his house on his rutted road my front left wheel broke loose and hit me in the elbow so hard I socked myself in the face with my arm.

God must have been looking out for me because if that front wheel had broken off at interstate speed with that trailer and all that weight I think it would have killed me.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Years ago, the teenage son of a family friend and his girl friend were driving a Jeep up what was then called the Fairview Hill in Boise. A truck coming down lost a set of duals. It dead centered the windshield of the Jeep and killed them both.
Posted By: djs Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17

The magic BB strikes again!
Posted By: Matt24 Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
My old man was coming home from bowling 8-10 years ago. It's probably 11 pm, he was about 1/2 mile from the house and met a semi and seen something "glowing" come out from under it. Just clipped it with his bumper, left a ding, bout it. I was coming home from work the next day and see this big black chunk on the shoulder. I turn around and wheel onto the shoulder and grab it. About a 50# piece of brake drum. I damn near crapped myself thinking about what could have happened. Went home and then went down to dads, showed it to him, his eyes got a little wide n he sorta went "hmm". Like no big deal.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Most of the big trucks have oil lubed bearings. They work great as long as you don't lose a seal and the oil. When that happens, the bearings, drums, etc. get REALLY hot and come apart at high speed.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Had a wheel come off of the bus I was riding in Wyoming. Lug bolts - which had been replaced the day before - all sheared. We heard a noise and looked out the window to see the wheel glance off a brand new dodge diesel and then bounce up and take out a big highway sign. Leveled it.

Responding officer said that he sees it from time to time, and it's usually the result of a repair shop using lug bolts not hardened to DOT requirement. Shop in question told us, when we took the bus in with a couple broken lugs, that DOT says "replace one - replace 'em all", so that makes sense. Now, all the bolts were too soft.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
A bit off topic, but I was on a motorcycle behind a half ton pick up one day,..both of us doing about 75, when a 4X8 sheet of half inch plywood came sailing up out of the bed of the truck. It gained about 20' of altitude a lot quicker than you would expect and just slowly spun there for a second before it started coming back down in a haphazard manner,..flitting left and then right while still moving somewhat forward.

For me, it was impossible to judge whether to speed up, slow down, or swerve in either direction.

My mind was still trying to process what to do when I passed under it.

I've had to dodge other obstacles when on a motorcycle, but that flying sheet of plywood takes the cake.
Posted By: DaveR Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
The man's wife, stunned by events, said "It is really too bad, he was having a Goodyear up until this happened".
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
9.2 grin
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by RWE

You beat me to it. He couldn't give a schit about the guy almost getting killed. He just wanted to catch that tire.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17

If he lived, it might be GOOD LUCK.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Life #9 - 02/23/17
That's just the way he rolls.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Life #9 - 02/24/17
Reading through this thread, I'm struck by the number of guys here have had first hand (or close) experience with this sort of thing.

Last summer I was at a nearby gas station on a two lane state highway. Wheel came off an outfit towing a house trailer. Came bouncing and rolling through the pump area, had slowed almost to a stop by the time it hit a small out building at the gas station...no harm done.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Life #9 - 02/24/17
I'll repeat what was already said on another thread.

It was pretty hot out that day. He was just walking up the sidewalk and got tired.
Posted By: hanco Re: Life #9 - 02/24/17
Sometimes you have bad luck
© 24hourcampfire