Home
Posted By: jaguartx Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
King Kong next ?
Posted By: kingston Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
I didn't realize they had Wolves in TX.....

High fenced?
Posted By: achadwick Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
SSS. How about mountain lions?
Posted By: achadwick Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
Sick, sick, sick. sick
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

High fenced?

We had red wolves in East Texas when i was a kid. Saw some lobos with collars 5 or so years ago just west of Jal NM, though.
Originally Posted by achadwick
SSS. How about mountain lions?

Ha, tff. No luck as yet on the m l, achad.

If i ever get the chance on the SSS. grin
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by kingston
[Linked Image]

Nice family picture, but your daughter is fat and ugly...I already banged your wife
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
King Kong next ?
[img:left]

Got him. wink

[Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
...Nice family picture, but your daughter is fat and ugly...I already banged your wife

Well, that explains the fat, ugly daughter! eek

Sorry, Bwana, you set that up perfectly and I just had to swing for the fence. laugh

Ed
Those are my sisters.
I already banged your wife

This is the wife...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
Who hasn't "Banged" a testicle?
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

High fenced?

If Texas had the sq miles of Idaho under high fence, it would still have about 2.5 x as many sq miles low fenced, FG.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17

No idea who these guys are, but I like them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 700LH Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
Another good guy

[Linked Image]

Good wolves now

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TwoEyedJack Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
"Smoke a pack a day"!
Posted By: pgpapa Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
My Daughter has snared 21 wolves up around Leo Creek BC past Fort St James. And has snared 6 wolves just out of Prince George BC around Nukko Lake area.From Nov to now. Sorry I dont do pictures.
Larry
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/22/17
That's a good start.
Posted By: hanco Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17
Never seen a wolf
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
"Smoke a pack a day"!

smile
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17
Same reason we burn any wolf we see.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17

SHOOT - SHOVEL - and SHUT-UP.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by cisco1

Cisco, what a person do with the collar if they have one. Ones i saw in NM had them.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Cisco, what a person do with the collar if they have one. Ones i saw in NM had them.

The collars don't automatically emit signals unless they are turned on by the tracking device, or are immobile for over 24 hours.

If tossed onto an 18 wheeler at the nearest truck stop, it confuses things. grin
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17
Thanks Barry. Btw, those things dont come in to a call like a coyote does if a vehicle has driven within their hearing range.
Posted By: coyotewacker Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17

Go to DNR field Office and put it in one of there trucks....DNR in Michigan not getting the BIG Federal money any more to do tracking may take weeks to find the collar....before 2014 DNR would fly weekly checking pack locations....

Years back had someone put a collar on a logging truck from Michigan's UP.....found it in Wisconsin log yard...collar went over 100 miles in one day.....
Thanks Barry. Btw, those things dont come in to a call like a coyote does if a vehicle has driven within their hearing range.

I called and killed one.

It took a long time to come to the call. IIRC, it was 30-45 minutes.

That was in far west Texas.

So much for them staying where they are supposed to. whistle

I called a TPWD guy I knew and told him I had killed a wolf.,,

He told me that I had NOT killed a wolf, but a feral dog of some sort, because Texas had no wolves, and therefore anything I shot was a feral dog. grin
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17
We have been in Salmon, Id. since Monday afternoon looking for Wolves.
There is still a lot of snow w/ fresh fall yesterday,spent the day snowshoeing through 12" w/ breakable crust. Hard work for old peoplegrin. We made 4 stands w/ my e-caller and a lot of howling but no response. I did see my 1st fresh tracks which after 6 years of hunting was a rush. A single set but better than nothing.

Getting ready to head out now to continue the hunt in this gorgeous country, hope we can find some firmer snow.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker
There is still a lot of snow w/ fresh fall yesterday,spent the day snowshoeing through 12" w/ breakable crust. Hard work for old peoplegrin. We made 4 stands w/ my e-caller and a lot of howling but no response. I did see my 1st fresh tracks which after 6 years of hunting was a rush. A single set but better than nothing.

Getting ready to head out now to continue the hunt in this gorgeous country, hope we can find some firmer snow.

mike r

I tracked 3 of them for miles once.

Pretty easy to track. They never veered far off course. A coyote will meander wildly, back and forth... wolves travel pretty much in a straight line.

Never caught sight of them.
The one I found ran straight up the valley for about 1/2 a mile then turned into a side canyon. The fresh snow and angles made for more of an avalanche hazard than I would risk. Actually I was gassed and had to slog 3 miles back to the truck, it was a great workout and a spectacular day. Easy Scouting today and a dawn start tomorrow! I love this place and wolf hunting makes it even better.

mike r
Posted By: Owl Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17
I lived in Vanderhoof BC in the early 80's. I remember one of the families that I was friends with. They ran cattle, and regularly shot wolves. They used rifles chambered in 6mm Rem. It was pretty good medicine on them.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The collars don't automatically emit signals unless they are turned on by the tracking device, or are immobile for over 24 hours.

If tossed onto an 18 wheeler at the nearest truck stop, it confuses things. grin

wrapped around a beach ball and tossed into the river works good too!
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Mike, come up here when you are done. had a moose calf pulled down at the end of my drive way a week ago.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Why I Kill Wolves - 02/23/17
Originally Posted by kingston
[Linked Image]

Nice family picture, but your daughter is fat and ugly...I already banged your wife

you sic phuc......... crazy
Be careful, I may take you up on that. I am guessing you guys have had more snow than Salmon? I was in Bonner's Ferry for almost 2 weeks around Labor Day, that is some seriously thick growth around there, how do you find the critters w/out bait?

mike r
© 24hourcampfire