Home
There's a crack 70 miles long and 300 ft wide slowly forming. It's about 1/3 mile deep at this time. Of course the doomsday global warming experts fear the worse. They claim it could raise the earth's sea level 10 cm. Sea ice raising the sea level, got that? At one point, they say it's at the south pole but that's at least 1000 miles away. This video started out ok but when it got to psychic Edgar Casey predicting such things, I turned it off.

NORMAL CHAIN OF EVENTS

Alarum! Alarum!
What does a glass of ice cubes and water do when the ice melts?

Does it overflow?
Yes. If it's indeed sea ice, it's already had its effect on water levels.

Been happening for millennia.
Where is the Titanic, it will knock it out of the way
ice. raising the level of the sea. right.
While I'm no iceologist, I'm fairly sure an ice shelf is not simply sea ice. Indeed - they're fresh...

https://scripps.ucsd.edu/centers/iceshelfvibes/dynamics/

Hope it doesn't float too close to Guam,
Ice in the Antarctic is melting and splitting? In the middle of summer? Gosh, that's never happened before!
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Hope it doesn't float too close to Guam,

It'll tip over and capsize!

From overpopulation, of course. grin
Originally Posted by 1minute
Yes. If it's indeed sea ice, it's already had its effect on water levels.
It's the outer edge of an ice shelf. Completely normal, happens all the time. It's just a biggun this time.
Did they say how many decades it will take that thing to melt?
Apparently this is nothing new. I just read that they've been monitoring it for 6 years. It's one of the biggest ever recorded. It's expected to break off any time so they decided to report it. Amazingly, CNN says that they can't relate it to global warming. They actually admitted that?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Hope it doesn't float too close too Guam,

It'll tip over and capsize!

From overpopulation, of course. grin

That is one concern too.
It is warmer in Guam than Antarctica. If the ice shelf were to make it to Guam and melt, the island could flood.
[Linked Image]

grin laugh
Lost me at "...strange event s happening in Antarctica..."

Crackpot site.
FreeMe,

Exactly. When a "scientific" group appeals to Edgar Casey as an authority it's time to change the channel.
Where the hell is Al Gore when you need him?
© 24hourcampfire