Home
Which is the better of the two, Dodge or Chevy? Ford is not an option.
Dodge!

If you can't Dodge it, Ram it! smile
That's like choosing between a fat girl or an ugly one.
laughing....

So true.
Originally Posted by WayneShaw

Intended use?
Didn't know Chevy made trucks
Chevy hands down.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

laugh

They don't.

Not real trucks, anyway.

They make a vehicle with a pickup bed that goes down the highway alright though.
Just curious, why is Ford not an option?
I've had problems with both Dodge and GM trucks. I've never yet had a problem with a Ford truck.

Then again, I've never owned one yet, either...

FC
My Dodge truck is a 2004, 2500 4 door diesel. It has about 120,000 miles on it. Runs great, lots of power.
If were to buy anther today, it would be another Dodge. I've been very happy with this truck.
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

Always and I mean always pick the ugly girl!
Toyota. smile

Need more info than that. Intended use? 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton? Diesel or gas? around town occasional lumber yard grocery getter?

You want a "Cadillac" with a bed on it or just the basics?

I bought a new truck 6 months ago, went with 3/4 ton Ram with cummins, 4x4 and mega cab. Part of that decision was based on my experience with my previous truck (Ram with cummins) and with my experience with the other brands that we have at my work. I also drove the other brands, spent a bunch of time in them, and preferred the Ram. But, that's just me.
Depends, the Duramax is decent as long as your not towing heavy. The GM IFS is like ridding a fat chick on waterbed loaded. Ram rides a bit rougher empty but is way better when towing/hauling heavy.

On 1/2 tons, the Ram ride is way better and the 5.7/8 speed is king of the hill in power and economy. GM is better for hauling because of the leaf springs they still use from 1800's wagon builders blueprints laugh

I have a 13 ram 3500, my wife has the 15 ram 1500. Her 1500 rides like a Cadillac and is plenty quick with the 400HP 5.7 and 8 speed, while getting 16/21 MPG. If she let me drive it more, I'm sure I'd like it even better laugh .
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Always and I mean always pick the ugly girl!

Hmmmmm…..I dunno. One thing for sure…..choosy fkr's don't fk.
no way I would look at a new dodge. that's what we have fo fleet vehicles and they are constantly in the shop for motor and tans mission. issues ...

I've never had a problem with chevy trucks
the only thing i will say is whichever one you get buy an extended warr. for it ...when something breaks its going to cost you dearly
Had a Studebaker when I was a kid. Good truck for the times.
I just traded in a 2010 Ram dually Cummins 4wd on a Ram 1500 Eco-diesel 4wd. Had 2 3/4 Rams with Cummins, had Cummins in my Bertram and ran several others with Cummins. I LIKE Cummins. The 1500, however, rides like a nice car, will get over 30 mph on the highway, average in town, highway and towing a ling trailer is usually about 26. I can park it without needing 4 parking spaces. Miss my big dually, but really like the new truck.

Mike
Running 2 Ram HD's now.

3/4 ton 4x4, and 1 ton dually 4x4.

Both are good vehicles.
I had a 1999 Chev 1500 loaded extended cab, 5.3, 4wd, it was in the shop constantly. I finally traded it in on an identical 2003 (smart, HUH!) well, it was identical alright except it spent even more time in the shop.

Finally in 2011 with the Chev's transmission starting to give up I traded again. This time we spent days driving Fords, Chevrolets, and Dodges, it took us over a month to make a decision but we kept coming back to the Dodge 1/2 ton crew cab short box, 5.7, auto, loaded. What a difference - more horsepower, more pulling power, better fuel mileage, great ride - the only truck I have been able to spend 12 hrs or more driving, and at 83000 miles it has never been to the shop for anything except normal service items.

I pull a 27 ft bumper pull camper with it and where the Chev engines were working hard to pull it the Dodge 5.7 just loafs along - no muss, no fuss.

The down side of the Dodge is that they are not finished off quite as nicely as the Chev's were but I am willing to live with that trade-off.

This is the only Dodge pick-up I have owned but when it is time to trade I will be buying another one. A sample of one but I will be trying another one in a couple of years.

drover
Originally Posted by Stormin_

On 1/2 tons, the Ram ride is way better and the 5.7/8 speed is king of the hill in power and economy. GM is better for hauling because of the leaf springs they still use from 1800's wagon builders blueprints laugh

When is the last time you drove a Chevy half ton? Just curious.
Dodge the father, Ram the daughter
I have a 2004 Dodge Diesel, 160,000 mile on it. Put a water pump on it, that's all. I'm gonna get another Dodge.
1/2 ton! Tundra.
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
I just traded in a 2010 Ram dually Cummins 4wd on a Ram 1500 Eco-diesel 4wd. Had 2 3/4 Rams with Cummins, had Cummins in my Bertram and ran several others with Cummins. I LIKE Cummins. The 1500, however, rides like a nice car, will get over 30 mph on the highway, average in town, highway and towing a ling trailer is usually about 26. I can park it without needing 4 parking spaces. Miss my big dually, but really like the new truck.

Mike

You need more horsepower. grin

Pick the fat girl, I sure would...
Originally Posted by LBP

Yeah, I think we know that...

grin

Personally, I'd go for the ugly one.

We'd make good wingmen! grin
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Stormin_

When is the last time you drove a Chevy half ton? Just curious.

last year, before we bought my wife's new RAM. The GM 1/2 ton 5.3?? didn't hold a candle to the RAM in the power or ride category. The last GM I owned was 1988, giant POS, sold it after a year and never looked backed.

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by LBP

Yeah, I think we know that...

grin

Personally, I'd go for the ugly one.

We'd make good wingmen! grin

Hell yeah we would...
Originally Posted by LBP

I saw one yesterday and immediately thought of you. I wanted to take a picture, but no way was I getting caught with that in the lens.
In true campfire fashion.....Toyota.

Amen!

Been running dodge caravans and Ford F-250s for 20 years now.

Don't see a reason to change
I just bought a 2016 Ram 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi. Love it. Rides great, lots of power. Really not a dime's worth of difference in any of the 1/2 tons. I like the way the Rams look better than the others and I liked the interior better than the others. Toyota just drinks too much gas.
I would buy a 1/2ton short bed 4x4 fleet model. Front leveling kit, Warn grill guard with receiver, A decent set of Cooper tires and 20 years from now do it again. The truck, Might need a few sets of tires in 20 years.
I have an '03 Duramax with 170K on it that's been real good to me. Stuck an injector at 14K, fixed under warranty. Dealer replaced injectors and glow plugs at 115K for a $500 deductible. I though that was a good deal.

I've gone through some ball joints and tie rod ends, but that's partly my fault for not springing for a real lift kit that keeps CV axle and tie rod angles flat.

Just got an oil analysis back and the engine is still running great. They suggested I could go 23K miles on this new batch of (synthetic) oil.

About due for a tranny/torque converter flush.

Yeah I have secondary oil and fuel filtration (since new), and I believe I am reaping the benefits now.

I've "built my own" on the mfg websites, and you can get a diesel into $80K territory. That's Porsche money.

I hope she goes another 170K. smile

Been a damned good truck. Just got back from ol' Mex with it.

Chevys are cushy. Dodges are cheap. There's not really any other reason to consider either one and your choice should be obvious, according to your needs.
[Linked Image]

Tacoma!!
Looked at a 4 door Tundra to replace "The Warden" s GMC.
They don't offer it with a long enough bed to haul a gooseneck stock trailer.
Deal killer, right there.
Rented a 1/2 ton Ram in Florida last year. Got rear ended by a Caddie. I drove on home with little more than some scratched metal. I understand that the Caddie was totaled, it surely did not look good.
BTW, caddie driver was found to have been on his cell phone.
Originally Posted by Obi_Wan
I just like the way the Rams look better than the others and I liked the interior better than the others.

laugh
I've had four Chevy's over the last 40 years, Swore to my self I wouldn't buy another after the Obama bail out.

But this summer I was in need of a new truck after giving my 08 Z71 to my youngest son. I went truck shopping and after looking at every brand and talking to new owners, ended up buying a new Chevy 1500 Z-71. This one has the 6.2 litter engine and 8 speed tyranny. It also has all the bells and whistles. It is the first new truck I've bought that I actually like better than the old one. It's giving me 40% more horse power and 20% better gas mileage. If my memory is accurate, 420 horse power and 450 pounds of torque. Pulling my Winnebago Mini travel trailer over the Colorado mountains from Durango to Silverton is a breeze.
Fat girls are said to be warm in the winter and shady in the summer!
Dodge is likely better now than they were 15-20 years ago, but I'd still not buy one unless it was a Cummings to haul with.

Chevy all day.

And always pick the ugly chick. Ugly goes away when the lights go off or ya turn her face down. Fat don't.
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by LBP

I saw one yesterday and immediately thought of you. I wanted to take a picture, but no way was I getting caught with that in the lens.

Lol
Originally Posted by 45_100
Fat girls are said to be warm in the winter and shady in the summer!

That's right...
I have an 07 Duramax and a 2016 Duramax, both 2500HDs. The 07 has been worked heavy and hard. I bought it new and it's been a fantastic truck. It's a crew cab long bed and twice as long as a short-bus... I run it modestly PPE tuned, with a 4" down pipe back exhaust (no kitty), shimmed fuel rail, EGR blocked, PPE boost, AirDog 150 lift pump filter and water separator, controller, Frederico solid front and rear sway bars, I swapped in a 1-Ton DRW spring packs, overload packs and overload frame perches, Kurt Class 5 hitch, B&W Gooseneck hitch.

The 2016 is a freakin' Cadillac. The new GM truck interiors are phenomenal. They've got tons of storage, lots of little cubbies, no space is wasted. The center console is cavernous and has built in file hanger tracks! My only real complaints are with the way they've programmed the electro-over-hydraulic steering and the rear seat configuration when folded up against the rear of the cab. While the former will hopefully be rectified by a software update, the latter is subjective.
Wouldn't own a Government Motors

Like you I was not considering a Ford at all. I looked at Toyota, Dodge, Chevy, and finally the Ford. If/when I buy it will be a Ford 150 4X4.
Originally Posted by VernAK
Had a Studebaker when I was a kid. Good truck for the times.

We did too...
I will never drive a GM product bought with my own money.
Just past 307k miles on my 04 Dodge 4x4, I purchased it new dec 2003 and run the snot out of it every chance I get.

The little 4.7 V8 always got poor gas mileage but it is all original and still purring.
When I was a kid I always wondered why my dad and my uncle would beat on the dash of their Chevys trying to find rattles. After owning three of them I now know. I am currently driving a 2015 Nissan. No rattles yet at 32,000 miles.
OK, I have a '05 Dodge Cummins 2500HD. It's not going anywhere. I will say though, the A/C in this model truck leaves a lot to be desired. There are common duct/door problems, which I have not had, but the design really hampers the A/C.

What I'm considering is replacing my '02 Chevy. Bought it new, 2WD, 4.3. It has been almost trouble free. I did have to replace the intake gasket last year, common problem on that engine. But, looking ahead of getting something new before I retire. My Dodge is a 4WD, so for this truck it would be a 2WD commuter type. I like an extended cab and a short bed is fine too.

My thoughts too. After the deal that Obama cut with the Unions and left the stockholders hanging, I will never own another GM product. And I had no GM stock. miles
Toyota is the most American. GM is corrupt, Dodge has poor track record.
Have a friend who runs the service shop for a construction company. Total of 80 trucks in his fleet from 1/2 ton to 80K GVW that get used and abused everyday. Asked him what he would buy for a 3/4 ton 4WD farm truck. He said out of the current new model trucks, hands down, the new Chevy/GMC with 6.0 or 6.2 liter gas motor with the 8 speed trans. He spends 55-60 hours per week working on trucks. For a "work truck", the current GM gas motor trucks give him the least head ache and cost the least total $$$'s to keep on the job.
Toyota
I get a new truck every 5 years and I'm in the process of ordering a 2017. My brother married into a family that owns a bunch of car dealerships. I've always driven a GMC. When I was a kid, I worked at their Buick-GMC dealership for a couple of years. It drives my brother crazy because he's the GM at the Ford dealership.

I drive a 2500HD Crew Cab. In 2007, GM messed with the suspension and it was the first year for the 6 speed trans. That was the worst truck I've ever owned. The trans didn't work right and it rode like a piece of crap. It was so bad that in 2012 I almost bought a Ford. I ended up getting a GMC instead and they've reworked everything and it is probably the best truck I've ever owned. It rides like a Cadillac.

There's nothing wrong with a Ford though. I've rented them before and they're really nice. It's just a different flavor. The only problem I see is the durability of the aluminum body. I think that if you add a spray in liner and a rubber mat, it should be fine. I do that anyway.

I'm not a fan of Diamler Chrysler products even though I've got 5 Freightliners. They have their issues.
Had quite a few trucks in my time. I bought a new Chev Colorado in 2015. Best truck I ever owned. It's supposed to be a mid-size, but it is only a couple of inches smaller than an F-150. 27 MPG on the highway. With the front seat back all the way, I have a hard time reaching the gas pedal, and I am 6 ft. tall. Can't rate a Dodge. Never had a Dodge truck. Had a Dodge once, but it was a Station wagon and I junked it when the gas tank fell off on the road. To be fair that was a long time ago.
I have not bought a GM product since the late 90s. From about 83 or so onward every GM thing we had was junk.

Went wtih ford since and have been rarely wrong there.

Since ford is not an option, I don't have anything bad to say about dodge from friends that have them lately. Other than fuel mileage.

Nephew bought a cummins 2 or so years ago, mega cab thing... best he could get was 8mpg. That sucks.

My stroker will get 15-18 loaded or not at least.
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I get a new truck every 5 years and I'm in the process of ordering a 2017. My brother married into a family that owns a bunch of car dealerships. I've always driven a GMC. When I was a kid, I worked at their Buick-GMC dealership for a couple of years. It drives my brother crazy because he's the GM at the Ford dealership.

I drive a 2500HD Crew Cab. In 2007, GM messed with the suspension and it was the first year for the 6 speed trans. That was the worst truck I've ever owned. The trans didn't work right and it rode like a piece of crap. It was so bad that in 2012 I almost bought a Ford. I ended up getting a GMC instead and they've reworked everything and it is probably the best truck I've ever owned. It rides like a Cadillac.

There's nothing wrong with a Ford though. I've rented them before and they're really nice. It's just a different flavor. The only problem I see is the durability of the aluminum body. I think that if you add a spray in liner and a rubber mat, it should be fine. I do that anyway.

I'm not a fan of Diamler Chrysler products even though I've got 5 Freightliners. They have their issues.

Durability of the AL is just a GM false advertising thing you see. In reality it won't be bad for 99% of uses...

3 of my boats are AL and the airboat takes severe abuse and rarely has an issue, maybe a ding, but never a puncture....

Originally Posted by rost495

Nephew bought a cummins 2 or so years ago, mega cab thing... best he could get was 8mpg. That sucks.

Loaded or empty? My '16 gets 15 around town, but about 10mpg pulling the 5th wheel. It gets close to 20 empty hwy and 14-15 with most lighter trailers.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Have a friend who runs the service shop for a construction company. Total of 80 trucks in his fleet from 1/2 ton to 80K GVW that get used and abused everyday. Asked him what he would buy for a 3/4 ton 4WD farm truck. He said out of the current new model trucks, hands down, the new Chevy/GMC with 6.0 or 6.2 liter gas motor with the 8 speed trans. He spends 55-60 hours per week working on trucks. For a "work truck", the current GM gas motor trucks give him the least head ache and cost the least total $$$'s to keep on the job.

My cousin has three trucks he runs in his business. When he started he was friends with the local Chevy dealer so he bought three Chevys. They were in the shop a lot. At the end of three years he sold them and got Toyotas. They were never in the shop and at the end of three years they had better resale value. He's been running Toyotas trouble free for years.

I had three Chevys. My 1970 was so bad at eating starters I finally installed slip tips on the truck wires and did the same for the starter before I stuck into where it was bolted in. The 1974 was in the shop thirteen times in its first 10,000 miles. I got rid of it.

The I got a 1999. I ran it for 126,000 miles. In that time it needed three water pump replacements, three power steering pump replacements, the entire 4X4 computer system replaced, and one rear brake because of faulty factory workmanship.

When I remembered this I left the Chevy dealer. He called and asked about it. So I told him. He won't be calling again.
Originally Posted by RyanTX

Loaded or empty? My '16 gets 15 around town, but about 10mpg pulling the 5th wheel. It gets close to 20 empty hwy and 14-15 with most lighter trailers.

Don't know that he's ever had it loaded yet.... was a stupid purchase but it is what it is.
My 4x4 GMC Yukon and Suburban were by far the most expensive to maintain vehicles I've owned, due to premature failure of parts.
I'd buy a Dodge!!
Originally Posted by RyanTX

Don't know that he's ever had it loaded yet.... was a stupid purchase but it is what it is.

Seems like sometimes you just get a vehicle that's weird that way. We've got a 2010 Chevy here at work with the 5.3. That thing has never gotten better than 11 mpg even on the highway. We've had it in the shop numerous times and they can't find a reason why. We have two other similar configurations and they'll get close to 21 hwy.

Wife had a 99 suburban with the vortec 350 that would only get 9 around town. and 15 hwy. Others were getting 15/22. Who knows with some.
Originally Posted by milespatton

My thoughts too. After the deal that Obama cut with the Unions and left the stockholders hanging, I will never own another GM product. And I had no GM stock. miles

Even though the deal was entirely done by Obama and his minions, you choose to blame GM. Got it.
Originally Posted by Terryk

Sending profits to Japan is American. News to me.
This thread is making me think about a new one!
Originally Posted by walt501

Internationally traded company, and the highest percentage manufactured in the US. You've lost this argument many times over, even as you continue to shill for the UAW.

Even though the deal was entirely done by Obama and his minions, you choose to blame GM. Got it.

Considering it was a payoff to the GM UAW, and GM begged for it, in addition to having their charge holders and the taxpayers (but not the UAW) screwed by it; yep, f'k'm.
As a longtime Ford owner, Dodge would be a pretty easy 2nd choice. One, the Chevys with the square wheel wells look goofy. Two, I think Dodge understands trucks need to be durable.

I don't think the 6.7 Cummins is as refined as the 6.7 Powerstroke, but it's not far behind. Heck, may even get better fuel economy. When my Jeep lease is over I may seriously consider an Ecodiesel for a company car.

Originally Posted by hanco
This thread is making me think about a new one!

Better yet, if you're capable, buy an older one and rebuild from the ground up. Minus all the sensors, relays and other electronic schitt that you'll find in todays vehicles.
Originally Posted by 4ager

Internationally traded company, and the highest percentage manufactured in the US. You've lost this argument many times over, even as you continue to shill for the UAW.

Internationally traded company? Not in the USA. And I've yet to loose this argument, as you'll soon find out.

Considering it was a payoff to the GM UAW, and GM begged for it, in addition to having their charge holders and the taxpayers (but not the UAW) screwed by it; yep, f'k'm.

Obama's payoff to the UAW. GM didn't beg for what they got.

Obama's payoff to the UAW. GM didn't beg for what they got.

You're a clown and you continue to prove it.

And names will never hurt me. Do you have something factual you'd like to add? Apparently not, so allow me.

Last year was the biggest truck sales year in a decade or so. Ford sold 820,799 F series in the U.S., up from 780,354 in 2015.

Click Here

For the Toyota Tundra, again in the biggest truck sales market in a decade, sold 115,489 ugly Tundras. That is DOWN from 118,880 the previous year. How do you sell fewer Tundras in such a hot truck market? Easy, by not updating your product in 10 YEARS! And for 2018, Toyota is content to simply refresh the same old Tundra one more time rather than come out with a new product.

Click Here

And I've yet to loose this argument, as you'll soon find out.

laugh

No further citation needed.

And names will never hurt me. Do you have something factual you'd like to add? Apparently not, so allow me.

Last year was the biggest truck sales year in a decade or so. Ford sold 820,799 F series in the U.S., up from 780,354 in 2015.

Click Here

For the Toyota Tundra, again in the biggest truck sales market in a decade, sold 115,489 ugly Tundras. That is DOWN from 118,880 the previous year. How do you sell fewer Tundras in such a hot truck market? Easy, by not updating your product in 10 YEARS! And for 2018, Toyota is content to simply refresh the same old Tundra one more time rather than come out with a new product.

Click Here

Considering Toyotas don't wear out or break as often, they don't need to be replaced as often. This coming from a fan of both Ford and Toyota.

Internationally traded company? Not in the USA. And I've yet to loose this argument, as you'll soon find out.

Yeah, you have - multiple times. You still haven't figured out what an ADR is, but TM (Toyota Motor Company) is actively traded on the NYSE, using an ADR for currency exchange.

You lose. Again.

Click Here

Click Here

Considering Toyotas don't wear out or break as often, they don't need to be replaced as often. This coming from a fan of both Ford and Toyota.

Sure, because they're used by metrosexuals to go to the mall, while Ford's do the work. When is the last time you saw an ugly Tundra with a ladder rack on it? I rest my case.

Click Here

Click Here

Of course names won't hurt you; you sold out to the UAW long ago, and have no pride left to hurt. They, and the Ds they support/buy OWN you, and you pay for leftist, anti-American POS like Hussein and Hitlery with every paycheck.

Click Here

Click Here

Sure, because they're used by metrosexuals to go to the mall, while Ford's do the work. When is the last time you saw an ugly Tundra with a ladder rack on it? I rest my case.

About a dozen said trucks, with racks, today. More than Gov'tMotors trucks, for sure. When's the last time you didn't send money, monthly, to the DNC?

Click Here

Click Here

Of course names won't hurt you; you sold out to the UAW long ago, and have no pride left to hurt. They, and the Ds they support/buy OWN you, and you pay for leftist, anti-American POS like Hussein and Hitlery with every paycheck.

Uh, never worked for a union and never voted democrat. You see, we're trying to deal in facts here and it would be best if you didn't make stuff up.

Click Here

Click Here

About a dozen said trucks, with racks, today. More than Gov'tMotors trucks, for sure. When's the last time you didn't send money, monthly, to the DNC?

But you don't have any photos. Again, try to deal in reality here, not fantasy. Tundra's are not used as work trucks.

Click Here

Click Here

Uh, never worked for a union and never voted democrat. You see, we're trying to deal in facts here and it would be best if you didn't make stuff up.

Ah, I stand corrected. I thought you were a union shill, as that is the only understandable reason for your myopia. Seeing that you have no reason that makes any sense at all now, please carry on.
[quote=walt501]

Click Here

Click Here

About a dozen said trucks, with racks, today. More than Gov'tMotors trucks, for sure. When's the last time you didn't send money, monthly, to the DNC? [/quote

But you don't have any photos. Again, try to deal in reality here, not fantasy. Tundra's are not used as work trucks.

Yeah, I'm going to take pics of random construction and contractor work trucks on a daily basis. You're nuts.

Yeah, you have - multiple times. You still haven't figured out what an ADR is, but TM (Toyota Motor Company) is actively traded on the NYSE, using an ADR for currency exchange.

You lose. Again.

Really, I loose again? Not so fast.

Actually, I do know what an ADR is because I dealt with them for decades. It stands for American Depository receipt, where banks hold actual shares of a foreign company and reissue shares denominated in US dollars. So no, Toyota doesn't trade on the NYSE or any other American exchange. Why? Because listing on our exchanges would require Toyota to abide by exchange rules, including opening the books to U.S. regulators. Wouldn't want that, now would we?

Shall we look at company ownership next and see which company benefits America most?

I'm beginning to think some here haven't been listening to President Trump's message. If you had, you'd never buy Japanese.
[quote=Terryk]Toyota is the most American. GM is corrupt, Dodge has poor track record.

Internationally traded company? Not in the USA. And I've yet to loose this argument, as you'll soon find out. [/quote

You lose. Again.

Really, I loose again? Not so fast.

Actually, I do know what an ADR is because I dealt with them for decades. It stands for American Depository receipt, where banks hold actual shares of a foreign company and reissue shares denominated in US dollars. So no, Toyota doesn't trade on the NYSE or any other American exchange. Why? Because listing on our exchanges would require Toyota to abide by exchange rules, including opening the books to U.S. regulators. Wouldn't want that, now would we?

Shall we look at company ownership next and see which company benefits America most?

I'm beginning to think some here haven't been listening to President Trump's message. If you had, you'd never buy Japanese.

Yep, you just proved you don't know what you're talking about - agin.

Thanks for playing.
Really, I loose again?

Yes, repeatedly.

Thanks for playing.

So go ahead, prove me wrong. Hurry up, I'll give you a chance to research it, before I prove who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't.
Originally Posted by add
Really, I loose again?

Yes, repeatedly.

Have anything rational to add there, ADD? Apparently not.

Thanks for playing.

So go ahead, prove me wrong. Hurry up, I'll give you a chance to research it, before I prove who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't.

Cross-listed stocks, those listed on more than one international exchange, do so via ADRs in the US and their equivalent on international markets for currency exchange reasons. Those listed stocks meet all requirements and regulations for the listing markets.

If you had a clue, you'd know this. You don't, and it's obvious.

Click Here

Click Here

What do you want me to prove? That Toyota isn't publicly traded?
I don't have a toyota, but it's not hard to figure out.

Thanks for playing.

Cross-listed stocks, those listed on more than one international exchange, do so via ADRs in the US and their equivalent on international markets for currency exchange reasons. Those listed stocks meet all requirements and regulations for the listing markets.

Nice play on words. Yes, they meet all requirements for LISTED stocks. ADR's are not the same as a listing and thus no information outside of what the company voluntarily discloses plus one annual report is required. That is not opening the books to U.S. regulators.

Click Here

Thanks for proving my point.

Originally Posted by tzone

Click Here

Click Here

What do you want me to prove? That Toyota isn't publicly traded?
I don't have a toyota, but it's not hard to figure out.

Toyota ADR's are publicly traded, not Toyota stock. Big difference. Keep reading and you'll learn something.

Thanks for playing.

Nice play on words. Yes, they meet all requirements for LISTED stocks. ADR's are not the same as a listing and thus no information outside of what the company voluntarily discloses plus one annual report is required. That is not opening the books to U.S. regulators.

Click Here

Ya stupid f'k, ADRs are how foreign based cross listed companies are listed on the NYSE, and their equivalent are how US (or other not-same-nation-based as the exchange) companies are listed on other international exchanges.

Thanks for playing.

Click Here

Ya stupid f'k, ADRs are how foreign based cross listed companies are listed on the NYSE, and their equivalent are how US (or other not-same-nation-based as the exchange) companies are listed on other international exchanges.

You keep saying that, but do you have any proof? You know, a link to an outside source to back up your claim?
https://www.sec.gov/answers/adrs.htm

ADRs are exchangeable for the stock they represent, and are offered by the Us banks that handle them for currency purposes.

ADRs are exchangeable for the stock they represent, and are offered by the Us banks that handle them for currency purposes.

Not arguing what ADR's are, just that they're not the same as a listing on our stock exchanges because they don't follow our regulatory rules, which I have already referenced.

So far, no one has proved me wrong on that point.
While you are busy Googling stuff up, and finding out you're losing (hint) again, try "Global Depository Receipts".

Thanks for playing!

Not arguing what ADR's are, just that they're not the same as a listing on our stock exchanges because they don't follow our regulatory rules, which I have already referenced.

So far, no one has proved me that point.

If you can READ, the link provided states that those stocks listed as ADRs are fully subject to SEC regulation. That would mean our regulatory rules, in case your utter stupidity cannot connect the dots. Toyota is specifically mentioned.

https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/...you-need-to-know-before-buying-fore.aspx
While you are busy Googling stuff up, and finding out you're losing (hint) again, try "Global Depository Receipts".

Thanks for playing!

I thought we were talking about Toyota ADR's listed on the NYSE and how they don't offer investors the same level of regulatory oversight as actual common stock listed on out exchanges.

So far, no one has refuted what I have said here but by all means, keep trying.

Thanks for playing!

I thought we were talking about Toyota ADR's listed on the NYSE and how they don't offer investors the same level of regulatory oversight as actual common stock listed on out exchanges.

Just stuffed that line of horsechit back up your ass. Enjoy!

https://www.investingdaily.com/19317/adrs-make-global-investing-easy/

Thanks for playing!

Let me translate that for you. You lost the argument.

Next!

Thanks for playing!

Next!

This means you can neither read nor comprehend. Gotcha; you're an idiot.

Thanks for playing!

Next!

You keep giving me reference regarding what constitutes an ADR. No argument on what they are....and are not. They are not common shares listed on our exchanges and subjected to our regulations, which I have already shown.

Thanks for playing!

Next!

Devolving into name calling usually means an argument is weak or non-existent and reflects poorly on those who use such tactics.
When I've proven that what ADRs are and why they exist, that ADRs are fully exchangeable for stock of the traded companies, that GDRs are how US and other stocks are listed on international exchanges, and that ADR stocks traded on the NYSE are subeject to FINRA and/or SEC regulations, you have no position left. You've been proven wrong, and you just refuse to actually read or comprehend the facts posted.

That doesn't make calling you an idiot "name-calling"; it makes it accurate.

You lose (hint), again.
When I've proven that ADRs are fully exchangeable for stock of the traded companies, that GDRs are how US and other stocks are listed on international exchanges, and that ADR stocks traded on the NYSE are subeject to FINRA and/or SEC regulations, you have no position left. You've been proven wrong, and you just refuse to actually read or comprehend the facts posted.

You lose (hint), again.

Let me be perfectly clear here - you have NOT show where ADR's are subject to US regulation. I have specifically shown that they are not subject to US regulation with a link to the Securities and Exchange Commission web site.

Here's the link, once again, showing the lack of regulatory oversight of ADR's.

Click Here
When I've proven that ADRs are fully exchangeable for stock of the traded companies, that GDRs are how US and other stocks are listed on international exchanges, and that ADR stocks traded on the NYSE are subeject to FINRA and/or SEC regulations, you have no position left. You've been proven wrong, and you just refuse to actually read or comprehend the facts posted.

You lose (hint), again.

Let me be perfectly clear here - you have NOT show where ADR's are subject to US regulation. I have specifically shown that they are not subject to US regulation with a link to the Securities and Exchange Commission web site.

Click Here

Paragraph 6, last sentence. You just proved what you claimed false.

Want more?

Here - https://www.sec.gov/divisions/corpfin/internatl/foreign-private-issuers-overview.shtml

Have fun.

You lose (hint), again.
Originally Posted by T LEE
Dodge!

What grade are you in?

You lose (hint), again.

Click Here

Want more?

Here - https://www.sec.gov/divisions/corpfin/internatl/foreign-private-issuers-overview.shtml

Have fun.

You lose (hint), again.

Not quite sure what you're referring to, but the article references raising capital in the US. ADR's don't always raise capital in the US, they're simply a convenient means of owning foreign shares. Please be more specific.

You lose (hint), again.

Click Here

Want more?

Have fun.

You lose (hint), again.

Not quite sure what you're referring to, but the article references raising capital in the US. ADR's don't always raise capital in the US, they're simply a convenient means of owning foreign shares. Please be more specific.

Paragraph 6; last sentence. Reporting requirements. Sponsored, listed, ADRs are subject to reporting requirements (I.e., regulations) to the SEC/FINRA.
Originally Posted by T LEE
Dodge!

Is this another fat chick joke?

Walt, you can just go ahead and say "oh, I stand corrected" and admit you were wrong at any point now.
Next up, let's take a look at how buying a new Ford compares to buying a new Toyota as it relates to keeping your money working here in the U.S., one of President Trump's central campaign themes.

First up, let's look at ownership of Ford -

Click Here

Well look at that, millions and millions of Ford shares held in retirement and mutual fund accounts driving the American dream for U.S. investors.

Next up, Toyota ADR's -

Click Here

Hmmm....looks like Toyota is funding millions of dreams also, just not in the U.S. You're making someone in Japan very happy when you buy their ugly junk.
Walt, you can just go ahead and say "oh, I stand corrected" and admit you were wrong at any point now.

Please, since it's a long article and I don't want to misquote you, please copy/paste what you're referring to so we can all be on the same page.

Please, since it's a long article and I don't want to misquote you, please copy/paste what you're referring to so we can all be on the same page.

Educate yourself. Clearly, you need the practice.
Next up, let's take a look at how buying a new Ford compares to buying a new Toyota as it relates to keeping your money working here in the U.S., one of President Trump's central campaign themes.

Click Here

Well look at that, millions and millions of Ford shares held in retirement and mutual fund accounts driving the American dream for U.S. investors.

Next up, Toyota ADR's -

Click Here

Hmmm....looks like Toyota is funding millions of dreams also, just not in the U.S. You're making someone in Japan very happy when you buy their ugly junk.

Buying new is simply stupid in the first place.
Try this with any other truck!

[Linked Image]

Always willing to learn, don't know how to copy/paste? Shame.

Click Here

Next up, Toyota ADR's -

Click Here

The fact still remains, as President Trump has repeatedly said, Americans need to keep jobs and money in this country. If you buy a Ford you can do that, Toyota not so much.

Click Here

Next up, Toyota ADR's -

Click Here

The fact still remains, as President Trump has repeatedly said, Americans need to keep jobs and money in this country. If you buy a Ford you can do that, Toyota not so much.

Good; maybe Ford and GovtMotors can follow Toyota's lead and make more of their trucks on the US. That would mean US jobs, right?

You've shown the inability to comprehend anything posted, including what you posted from the SEC. You need the reading comprehension practice. Have fun.
Motor Trend already panning the 2018 Tundra, and why not? It's essentially the same truck underneath as the 2007 model!

Click Here

2018 Toyota Tundra Model Overview
Overall Rating:

3 of 5 start

You’ll Like

Spacious rear seats
TRD Pro model is great off-road
Comfortable ride

You Won’t Like

Uncomfortable front seats
Noisy cabin
Poor fuel economy

You've shown the inability to comprehend anything posted, including what you posted from the SEC. You need the reading comprehension practice. Have fun.

Your version of reality - not mine.
I did not think they could make the Tundra uglier, but never underestimate Toyota when it comes to ugly.

[Linked Image]
I did not think they could make the Tundra uglier, but never underestimate Toyota when it comes to ugly.

[Linked Image]

I know it's a Hilux, but...
[Linked Image]
...When is the last time you saw an ugly Tundra with a ladder rack on it?... Tundra's are not used as work trucks...

Don't be such an idiot.

Here's mine.

[Linked Image]

I have the new chevy 1500 with the 6.2 engine.Third 6.2 and i love the power and cushy feel of the Chevy. ED K
I know several guys who have fleets of Tundras with ladder racks on them.
Ladder racks and work trucks.....

For some reason that cracks me up!
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

4 chevies sense 1979,and i still own 2 of them.

350,000miles on a 1978
345,000 on a 1988
169,000 on my 2004 colorado
56,000 on my 2007 gmc

stop buying trucks wwith all the bullshit on them,go to a work truck lot to buy.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Ladder racks and work trucks.....

For some reason that cracks me up!

You don't know what you're missing.

[Linked Image]
I was just trying to piss off the Toyota guys hauling a couple 2x4's on the rack.....grin

Not mine but I drove it for years.

Great pickup, wish I could have bought it when the company went under.

7.3 and six speed manual, good combo for the hills in western MT.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[quote=Sbrown][Linked Image]

Tacoma!! [/quote
Just curious what people haul in the bed of a truck that small?
Tacoma's ain't for hauling. NOTHING can touch them for dependability and off-road performance. Nothing more...nothing less.
All bullshit aside, when I'm looking for a "new" truck, I watch the want-adds and car dealerships for the right buy on a used vehicle. The truck I drive now was 12 years old when I bought it.
I WISH Toyota would make a pickup that could legitimately compete with an F350.

Seriously.

Seriously.

Or just offered a diesel in something other than a HINO.

Seriously.

Right? It would be cool to take oil leaks seriously (or not), wouldn't it?
I'd take a gas engine provided the suspension/drivetrain was up to the task of actually hauling or pulling something...
Had a kid texting and driving hit my 2016 F150 broadside about a month ago. I ended up trading my wrecked truck on a new one and could've went any direction I wanted too but went with the exact same truck (2016 Ford F150 2.7L ecoboost, super crew, 4x4,XLT). I like Tacomas too but the rust/corrosion issues really need to be resolved before I buy another Toyota.....
I'd have, without a second thought, gone with Toyota if they offered the CrewMax cab with a bed more than 5.5'. What are they thinking? I had a T-100 and a Tundra, each for 10 years without any problems.

In the end, I ended up with a Ram, and 2 of the first 4 months with it were in the shop waiting (and waiting) for a fuel gauge that worked. Very frustrating - I can't begin to tell the lies and stupidity I was shown.

Seriously.

Can you imagine how oversize & butt-ugly it would be? And, how terrible the mileage would be?
Originally Posted by bpas105
In the end, I ended up with a Ram, and 2 of the first 4 months with it were in the shop waiting (and waiting) for a fuel gauge that worked. Very frustrating - I can't begin to tell the lies and stupidity I was shown.

I would expect nothing less from a Dodge. Most all of the Hot Shot drivers I am in contact with have had their interior wiring harness fried due to undersize conductors unable to carry the current draw as soon as they turned on their headlight switch with a gooseneck attached.
I will/am in the market for new truck. Have a 2006 F 150 that has been good. Looked at other makes and models, I keep coming back with a new F150, have considered F250, Tundra, Tacoma, Dodge and Chevy.

Love the F250 but is more than I really need.

I have had great luck with Toyota cars. Tacoma is just to small, I think for me and the things I pull around, nothing major but want a little more size for stability as well as loading things in the bed.
I looked at the Tundra also but just don't like the look and I know they have to do a new body style soon to stay relevant but have not come out with it yet. So if I buy the Tundra I get the old body style without the discount and won't look current long.

Dodge, just have not had much experience with Mopar products so I am leary to jump in on a truck that needs to last 10+ years.

Chevy's ride good but have not heard much good about them off road. My Dad was a chevy guy and liked them better than any other truck, so they could be a consideration.

I just keep coming back to wait for the refresh 2018 F 150, actually would buy the 2017 but have always disliked the current snout on the thing. Glad they are doing the refresh.
after the fiasco with my 05 1500 ram, i would never, ever own another dodge. my fords have been good trucks. not perfect, but good. never owned a chevy. i think if you plan on buying a dodge, you better plan on getting rid of it at about the 6 year or 80k point.
© 24hourcampfire