Home
Interesting list. This is supposed to show which Universities are best at getting their graduates jobs.
List of the top 90 schools
I've graduated from 3 Universities, and not a damn one is on that listlaugh

My university isn't either
Huh...

3 for 3 ... mine are there
And Bill Gates didn't graduate from any of them.
More about what one does while in school and what they do after to get a job.
Income to debt ratio would be an interesting stat to see.
Originally Posted by hanco
My university isn't either

Mine either. I'm doing fine and had no college debt. Of course I did have to bust my ass to pay for it as I went along though.
Curiosity caused me to look. The schools where I earned the Masters and Ph.D are there, but not the one where I earned the Bachelor - and it was the best program of the three. Those experiences were a long time ago and these are rated regarding graduate employment success - in 2017.
Originally Posted by T_Inman

So do you have a job??? laugh

MM
For what it's worth, my graduate school alma mater is in the dog pile at number 46.
Originally Posted by Calvin
Income to debt ratio would be an interesting stat to see.

Bingo

I altered my daughter's view of schools when she saw the default rate of schools.

She chose a school with good employment prospects and a low default rate.
My little sister has degrees from two schools that are listed in the top 25.

Finding work and major $$$ hasn't been a problem for her!

Of course she has to live in an urban area to make the big money.
Hmm.

I've got one kid at #16 Texas A&M and one kid at #19 UVA.

Pretty snobbish of them to list "BU" at #6, at least IMHO. I'm assuming that is Boston University, but its certainly not the only BU in the country (I'm a Baylor grad).
My daughter got her Bachelors and Masters degrees from #15 Penn State, she got every job she ever interviewed for. As far as debt, she was out of state, her mother and I got a lot!
Interesting. My school (Kansas State) is not listed but I graduated in 73, when jobs were pretty scarce.
I interviewed, landed a job before graduation, worked for that company 39 years and retired. Couldn't have asked for a better career.
I had minimal school debt cause my parents helped some and I worked 1 or two jobs all four years. And I paid it off in two years.
Interesting. I am a graduate of ASU (class of '76), 9th on the list. The school is often rated as one of the best schools in the country. I always guessed that was just propaganda aimed at recruiting students. But I guess there's more to it than that.

BTW I got an OK job right out of school and a better job about four months later.

I received G.I. Bill education benefits and I worked while in school so I had no school debt.

Notice that the Univ. of Ariz. is way down at 46. Go Devils! laugh

I'm surprised that the Colorado School of Mines is at 54. I have heard many times that graduates from there have six-figure jobs waiting for them.

KC

Originally Posted by KC
Interesting. I am a graduate of ASU (class of '76), 9th on the list. The school is often rated as one of the best schools in the country. I always guessed that was just propaganda aimed at recruiting students. But I guess there's more to it than that.

BTW I got an OK job right out of school and a better job about four months later.

I received G.I. Bill education benefits and I worked while in school so I had no school debt.

Notice that the Univ. of Ariz. is way down at 46. Go Devils! laugh

I'm surprised that the Colorado School of Mines is at 54. I have heard many times that graduates from there have six-figure jobs waiting for them.

KC

It's not just propaganda.

They are a highly respected school.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by T_Inman

So do you have a job??? laugh

MM

Maybe...
Originally Posted by KC

KC

The post 9/11 GI bill allowed me to get 2 Bachelors' and my Master's without any debt...great program without a doubt.

As far as the Colorado School of Mines...they almost think they're royalty. They got some serious chips on their shoulders, based on the few alumni mining engineers I have met.
Arizona State grad for bachelors. New Mexico State (not on list) and Pitt for grad degrees. Never had a problem with jobs but I'm not in a field where the salaries will make anyone envious. I'm comfortable though. If I were a kid going today given the cost, there are only a few majors I'd pick. Otherwise I wouldn't take on the debt. I think major has more influence than the school.

Cool to see Wyoming on the list. Would not have guessed that one.
I was pleased to see that UF was there in the top 10, at #8.
It's a great University, other than being full of little commies and snowflakes. lol
I never thought it was the school's responsibility to get me a job. After getting an couple useful degrees, I selected the location and job I was after.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

It's not just propaganda. They are a highly respected school.

I felt like I got a good education which prepared me for a career that lasted forty years.

Lets look at a list of payscale after they graduate from said school. This is what matters considering cost of tuition
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I was pleased to see that UF was there in the top 10, at #8.
It's a great University, other than being full of little commies and snowflakes. lol

The list you provided is bullchitt

this is what matters payscale
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Lets look at a list of payscale after they graduate from said school. This is what matters considering cost of tuition

No. Nor is starting pay. What one achieves in his/her 30+ years of employ wins. Those from the "better" schools tend to achieve higher levels of success as the years roll and the career grows.
It all depends on one's ambition level. Everyone ends up exactly where he chooses to be economically. Except for a few careers which require specific technical college degrees such as Medical Doctors, Lawyers, etc . . . college degrees are simply the first line of a resume that proves you can start and finish something successfully. My experience in life has taught me that your chosen field of work (as far as jobs are concerned) is much more important determining how much compensation you receive (ie. the oil and gas industry is one of the highest paying careers.)
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

No. Nor is starting pay. What one achieves in his/her 30+ years of employ wins. Those from the "better" schools tend to achieve higher levels of success as the years roll and the career grows.

Look at the schools at the top of that list, I suppose they are not better schools?
© 24hourcampfire