Home
Posted By: Fireball2 How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
It' getting hard to hide. I think I need to go sit under a pine tree overlooking the Hell's Canyon for a month. And not get on the fire! grin
Living will do that to a man...
Posted By: BMT Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
So will the Campfire
Posted By: boatboy Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

This
Hank
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
True DAT.

I was away for a few years getting my head right. When I came back a couple years ago, the tone had darkened here very dramatically. I think a month under that pine tree is a great idea Fireball.
I don't worry about other peoples chit. Its always worked pretty good.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

You're a smart man and I've always respected you for your self control, no doubt a skill learned the hard way.

I've been thinking about you and your friend and hope you are doing as best as can be expected.
Posted By: tzone Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
True DAT.

I was away for a few years getting my head right.

Take a few more. It's still fu cked.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by stxhunter

You're a smart man and I've always respected you for your self control, no doubt a skill learned the hard way.

I've been thinking about you and your friend and hope you are doing as best as can be expected.
thanks, still waiting on the family's plans.
To answer the OP though....you became cynical like other liberals, spending time trying to control what other people do. Focusing on the bad and failing to see the good while living in a ghetto will getcha.
Yeah, my liberalism is the first thing people notice about me. LOL.

Seems like pushing back when backed into a corner is misconstrued as pro-actively going out and trying to control others. I will live and let live until you get in my sheit, then I will push back. But, people don't like pushback. The usual response is to be shouted down or insulted into oblivion. Look here on the fire for that. It gets real old.

I don't go out looking for a fight but when is brought to me and I give a little resistance some jackoff cries foul. Sorry buttercup, stay out of my face and we'll do fine.

See what I mean? Wonder why I'm fed up.
Posted By: hatari Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It' getting hard to hide. I think I need to go sit under a pine tree overlooking the Hell's Canyon for a month. And not get on the fire! grin

Honest answer? You get to a point where you've had enough experience to figure things out, but haven't yet come to the realization that you can't "fix" everything and expect it to remain "fixed".

Employment, relationships, politics or the dealings of the World. Things are constantly changing, so they can't stay "fixed". You might be frustrated with any of those things, figuring they should have been sorted out for good. Make peace with the fact that whatever you "fixed" today will need some attention soon enough. Keeps you from getting bored.
Posted By: deflave Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
An unbridled sharing of your emotions will probably help.

Dave
True DAT.

I was away for a few years getting my head right. When I came back a couple years ago, the tone had darkened here very dramatically. I think a month under that pine tree is a great idea Fireball.

How much disability do you receive now?

Clark
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

It's only my unbridled morbid curiosity that prompts me to scroll your posts. You're an embarrassment to yourself.
Hugs for Fireball2. grin

Dave

It's only my unbridled morbid curiosity that prompts me to scroll your posts. You're an embarrassment to yourself.

So cynical.

Clark
Posted By: Raeford Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17

Dave

So cynical.

Clark

Maybe it's Mrs. FB2 posting,no?
Sorry buttercup, stay out of my face and we'll do fine.

Nobody is in your face. This is the internet.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Hugs for Fireball2. grin

and pine trees.

So cynical.

Clark

Stop embarrassing yourself. It's embarrassing.
I don't understand that comment.

I've embarrassed my wife, my children, my friends, my parents, my lawyer, my siblings, my in-laws, my employers, my neighbors, and my dog.

But never myself. I've always been happy to see me.

Clark
Posted By: CCCC Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Fireball2, I understand at least some of your post - and do manage to get out into remote and quiet for a spell almost every day (maybe easier here). Disconnecting in brief spells like that may be helpful while persisting to engage the crazy realities extant. Some of the stuff on the Campfire may be an all too realistic slice of the surrounding world, and some of the behavior a pain at times. However, there are many really good folks on the 'Fire and often it feels better to engage here than in many of the necessary places.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
I live on a really private peaceful rural property or I'd go nuts. Pine trees are built in as are other stress-relievers like always having good honest physical work what needs doing.

Fireball... keep in mind too this has been an UGLY winter. Relentless, and it started in early October, I know because I had plants in the ground that the early cold and rain put at risk <g>... dunno if it's been as bad down there. Spring is coming.

Your thoughts on conflict resonate with me. Here's a secret about how I tick. I love to debate the hard topics. I'll even take a side I don't necessarily 100% believe in just to further the debate; I do it here all the time. That sort of discourse- the exchange of ideas, a respectful and good-faith attempt to hear the other guy and also say your own piece- is completely FUBAR in our society right now. It's depressing.

I don't understand. I come on here partly to chuckle at the arguing and internet chest pumping that goes on.

Come to think of it, getting a laugh out of people arguing is somewhat cynical and dark. Maybe I need to find a pine tree?

On a serious note there's plenty of good people on here with a lifetime of knowledge about a whole host of subjects. If you're going to be a member of a pretty much non restrictive internet site, then you gotta learn not to sweat the small stuff.

Most people's internet typing habits are not the way they carry on a conversation with people in person. Just the way it works. Half the people fighting on here and on other sites would consider each other good neighbors if they lived down the road from each other.

Posted By: 222Rem Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
I don't understand. I come on here partly to chuckle at the arguing and internet chest pumping that goes on.

Come to think of it, getting a laugh out of people arguing is somewhat cynical and dark. Maybe I need to find a pine tree?

On a serious note there's plenty of good people on here with a lifetime of knowledge about a whole host of subjects. If you're going to be a member of a pretty much non restrictive internet site, then you gotta learn not to sweat the small stuff.

Most people's internet typing habits are not the way they carry on a conversation with people in person. Just the way it works. Half the people fighting on here and on other sites would consider each other good neighbors if they lived down the road from each other.

Hey ShadeTree, any chance you're a Pine? grin
Posted By: rem141r Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

thats fer damn sure. hard to see the bright side of things half the time with all the schit going on. it would be nice to have the attitude i had when i was 25.
Posted By: djs Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17

Cynicism seems to come with age. With years of experience and observation, a man learns that the best outcome rarely happens and its all downhill.
Originally Posted by 222Rem

Hey ShadeTree, any chance you're a Pine? grin

On here? No way. Word is some of these guys like Whataburger's and tend to fart a lot. The updraft could be brutal. sick
Posted By: lvmiker Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
When you are really feel down go to your nearest VA Hospital or even visit one of the Wounded Warrior type of websites. Your reality may get adjusted.

mike r
Posted By: 222Rem Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by lvmiker
When you are really feel down go to your nearest VA Hospital or even visit one of the Wounded Warrior type of websites. Your reality may get adjusted.

mike r

Well said.
Posted By: Gus Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
the issue or problem or change in the culture that many of us see is the shift from the rural & exurban viewpoint to the "big city" view of the world. it's a different mindset any way one wants to look at it.

getting older does shift one's world view. but it's deeper than that now, and there's more to it. it's downright slipping up on the tipping point.

but, life does go on. i don't think my Grands are going to have a life anything like mine, but then i didn't have a life anything like my grandparents. it's interesting to see the changes that are happening all around us.

the downside is that a lot of the stuff i always took for granted is slowly slipping away. shooting rabbits after dark now will get the SWAT team called out in a lot of the areas of the country. and that's the way it is.
Posted By: Ringman Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Back when I was working my boss went to the coast and parked in one of those view stop places. He was enjoying the view and heard someone coming up on him. He turned to see a guy on crutches with only on leg. My boss asked, "How ya doin'?" The response, "Can't complain."

Since I heard that I have always been glad I can sharpen a knife for someone or cut down a tree for them.
Fireball2: I have spent time enjoying and viewing the Hells Canyon - it doesn't change anything that I am cynical about.
Its worth doing and enjoyable but again doesn't change things!
I do all I can personally and politically to make things (our country and its circumstance!) better and have grown to live with my cynicism!
In fact it (my cynicism) motivates me at times.
Don't hide it, don't flaunt it, don't let it worry you!
Live with it - I am convinced it is a natural outgrowth of life in the United States of America anymore.
Sad, in a way, but realistic.
I have been cynical, for instance, about our society and its downward spiral for just over 50 years now.
I do what I can to make things (and my children!) better and that's a way to keep MY conscience clear.
Good luck with your cynicism and don't let the sounds of your own wheels drive YOU crazy!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Maybe I should borrow an ambulance.
Yes. Tell them you're the one under the pine tree.
If your glass is half empty
you need to buy more beer.....

or

Go ewell gibbins under a tree.

Your call.
People find what they are looking for. On a forum like this you find a lot of political and religious stuff.Both are subjects people want to argue over.It's not too hard to find yourself in an argument when we come here looking for one.

Whenever one of these forums gets too important for me ,I take a break,sort of a fast from it for a while until it doesn't seem so important anymore.
It's easy to not be cynical, just be sarcastic instead. Don't let idiots annoy you just screw with them till they are mad as hell and you can just sit back and snicker. I have a friend on Facebook that moved to NY and is the librarian at Cornell. I replied to one of his posts and got a couple of "what do you mean by that" replys. One guy was a strait up dick, his profile pic was black lives matter. After a few exchanges he got really nasty so I roasted his ass one insult after another. I would post 3 or 4 burns to his one and asked if he needed more time to think of a good responce. He finally just told me to [bleep] YOU ASSHOOOOLE! It was great fun to piss off a liberal idiot so much. You just gotta not give a flip.
Posted By: pal Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
How did I get so cynical?

By choosing to hate your fellow man because he won't conform to your own ideas.
I live on a really private peaceful rural property or I'd go nuts.

Translation:

I don't work. I collect disability. My wife takes care of us. I smoke a lot of weed.

Clark

Maybe Fireball can get diagnosed for PTSD.

Cyber bullies are no joke.

Clark
Originally Posted by wageslave
If your glass is half empty
you need to buy more beer.....

or

Go ewell gibbins under a tree.

Your call.

This guy gets it.

In the can.

Dave
Originally Posted by seal_billy
It's easy to not be cynical, just be sarcastic instead. Don't let idiots annoy you just screw with them till they are mad as hell and you can just sit back and snicker. I have a friend on Facebook that moved to NY and is the librarian at Cornell. I replied to one of his posts and got a couple of "what do you mean by that" replys. One guy was a strait up dick, his profile pic was black lives matter. After a few exchanges he got really nasty so I roasted his ass one insult after another. I would post 3 or 4 burns to his one and asked if he needed more time to think of a good responce. He finally just told me to [bleep] YOU ASSHOOOOLE! It was great fun to piss off a liberal idiot so much. You just gotta not give a flip.

Cool story bro.

Wanna get an O'Douls later and talk about how we almost scored?

Dave
Originally Posted by pal

THAS DEEP!

Clark
Originally Posted by pal

THAS DEEP!

Clark

That's what she said.

Seriously....she told me last night.

It was anal.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
People find what they are looking for. On a forum like this you find a lot of political and religious stuff.Both are subjects people want to argue over.It's not too hard to find yourself in an argument when we come here looking for one.

Whenever one of these forums gets too important for me ,I take a break,sort of a fast from it for a while until it doesn't seem so important anymore.

Good post
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by pal

THAS DEEP!

Clark

That's what she said.

Seriously....she told me last night.

It was anal.

laughin'.

That didn't take you long.

(That's what she said)

Travis
Posted By: stevelyn Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
The older i get the more i hate people in general.

I hear there's lots of safe spaces in OR.
Posted By: kingston Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Whoa... There's a lot more than politics and religion to argue about on the fire.
Originally Posted by stevelyn

How sentiments like these never make it into abortion threads...
Being over taxed, over worked, seeing stupid liberal welfare lazy sombitches will make any 'MAN' cynical if he has a brain and any vision at all.

Simply tired of BFS is the cause!

About the time I found myself wanting to fight someone over the internet would be the time for me to check off....hint
Posted By: SamOlson Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by gunner500
Being over taxed, over worked, seeing stupid liberal welfare lazy sombitches will make any 'MAN' cynical if he has a brain and any vision at all.

Gunner, I get pissed when I see 'em too but then remember they don't have chit and never will.

I then thank God that I was born with a little motivation.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner, I get pissed when I see 'em too but then remember they don't have chit and never will.

I then thank God that I was born with a little motivation.

Correct, but, they breed, vote, and are expensive, on the upside, they'll never know what it's like to be a man and have the admiration of women.
Yeah, my liberalism is the first thing people notice about me. LOL.

Seems like pushing back when backed into a corner is misconstrued as pro-actively going out and trying to control others. I will live and let live until you get in my sheit, then I will push back. But, people don't like pushback. The usual response is to be shouted down or insulted into oblivion. Look here on the fire for that. It gets real old.

I don't go out looking for a fight but when is brought to me and I give a little resistance some jackoff cries foul. Sorry buttercup, stay out of my face and we'll do fine.

It's funny as hell to see some of you equate words typed into cyberspace with actual physical action.

You take yourself way too seriously.
Posted By: CCCC Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17

Seems like there's nothing wrong with cynicism as long as it's wisely applied and not lived in general. The proper cynic can enjoy protective safeguards not available to over-trusting, or gullible or otherwise inexperienced folks.

There is no accounting for the various types out there, and some will be lying, stealing, unethical, and on and on. Just wear higher boots and do your best to let you guard down to enjoy the many good folks
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by kingston

Whoa... There's a lot more than politics and religion to argue about on the fire.

THERE IS NOT!!!!
Posted By: stevelyn Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17

I try and make an effort to stay out of abortion threads.
Originally Posted by Rooster7

THERE IS NOT!!!!

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

THERE IS NOT!!!!

GFY

THERE IS NOT!!!!

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

You too

Oh, but the flesh is weak.

Oh, but the flesh is weak.

And the snow is deep.
Truth!

THERE IS NOT!!!!

GFY

Ok. I give. My pussy hurts now. I'm going to go live under a pine tree.

I will leave my browser open so my wife knows you fugkers cyber bullied me into wiping my ass with pine cones for the next month.
Sore looser.

The pine cone thing sounds fun.
Not funny you internet poopy head!

Cynical Rooster
This thread is so cynical it gave me PTSD.

Dave
All the jackoffs doing what jackoffs do best.
I misspelled STD.

Clark

Jacking off?

Clark
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

About the time I found myself wanting to fight someone over the internet would be the time for me to check off....hint

Don't back me into a corner unless you wanna git bit!

Dave
The cynicism here is cynically cynical!

Keep going! I'm jacking off!

Clark

Why does everyone always want to force me into a tiny little box?

Don't back me into a corner unless you wanna git bit!

Dave

Which corner of your keyboard would that be? Asking for a friend...

Clark

That's gross!
Posted By: 700LH Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17

maybe you just need to smoke a real good doobie while under that tree, and learn to relax. smile

Because they assume you have a small dick.

Clark

That's gross!

This librarian had the same sentiment.

Dave
Sounds like Jeff sat under a pine tree for years. I bet he dropped a bud or two. I'd find that tree.

Not quite so cynical Rooster
I am not a librarian!
The insensitivity in this thread makes me sad.

I need a bubble bath to calm my nerves.

And ... a wine spritzer.
Palm Breeze.
Originally Posted by fish head

And ... a wine spritzer.

Don't forget your vibrator.

Dave
Palm Breeze.

I get the palm breeze every morning.

Thanks to my palm.

Dave

Because they assume you have a small dick.

Clark

How considerate of them.
Palm Breeze.

I get the palm breeze every morning.

Thanks to my palm.

Dave

I only do when I go really fast
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That is very cynical

And ... a wine spritzer.

Dave

I was planning on using a candle ... unlit ... or maybe not.

And ... a wine spritzer.

Dave

I was planning on using a candle ... unlit ... or maybe not.

Is that what they meant by, "feel the Bern?"
Smoking a doober and getting laid goes a long way!
Hmmm....maybe I should start a thread about myself. [bleep] that
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

You mean you're not an estrogen filled attention whore?

Nope. Don't wanna fight anyone on here either because of what is typed.

Puzzy.

I just typed that.

Puzzy.

I just typed that.

[bleep] this. I'm moving.
Posted By: Seafire Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Roy,

if you're really frustrated and cynical, instead of just fishing for certain people's usual campfire response...

is it the campfire, or is it really motivated by the current state of things in general in Josephine County?

and all the crap that is coming down I 5 from our useless Queen Kate, and her demonRAT minions?

Just yesterday down at AutoZone, some transient came in and swiped a bunch of stuff and ran out the door... 5 minutes later I guess behind the store, he had dumped his stolen stuff in the bushes, and then was out trying to cut a gate lock with a pair of bolt cutters.... a guy from another store in the strip mall that they had chased this guy out of, went out and stopped the transient, while the other store owner called the Cops...

in the meantime, the transient goes after the store owner with the bolt cutters.... 6 cops show up and see him trying to hit the store owner with the bolt cutters... cops grab him and transient claims that the store owner came out and attacked him with the bolt cutters....

cops recognized the guy and cuffed him......

its just getting sickening watching this type of crap going on, on a daily basis around here....

yeah legalization of dope has helped our town and county so much, with all the upstanding citizens from elsewhere we've all seen relocating here...

we've had more than enough people around here sitting under a pine tree and getting high...

its not a solution, its more part of the problem...
Sounds like uncontrolled growth......
Just had my fill of BS all the way around John. I think people are crazy. Dealing with the home and business sale, the move, all the stress of some big decisions and then come here to have fun with like minded guys and just get sheit on by a bunch of 5 year olds. Why bother?

Posted By: pal Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/15/17
Originally Posted by Seafire
...yeah legalization of dope has helped our town and county so much, with all the upstanding citizens from elsewhere we've all seen relocating here...

Come on!

Sf--you can't blame all your problems and cynicism on Californians and not enough of a war on drugs.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Seafire Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17
Originally Posted by pal
...yeah legalization of dope has helped our town and county so much, with all the upstanding citizens from elsewhere we've all seen relocating here...

Come on!

Sf--you can't blame all your problems and cynicism on Californians and not enough of a war on drugs.

Pal,

I didn't mention Californians by name... but if you haven't read my thoughts on folks from your state, let me clarify it...

I travel a fair amount around your fair state....most of the people not located in the metro Bay Area, Metro Sacramento, or the LA area, are great people... I have no issue with them at all...

Same as the folks up in Washington once you get out of Puget Sound.... or away from Spokane...

The entire West Coast has some islands of large metro areas, essentially 4 of them... Potland OR, San Fran, LA and Seattle.

If they were taken out of the mix of the three west coast states, and made into their own one state ( say Liberal Wackoland), the picture of the West Coast would be totally different....

Legalization of Marijuana in Oregon, has brought my county a bunch of undesireables, but since CA has legalized it, most of those folks from CA have no reason to stay here....ain't much of a local market, when everyone is growing it themselves.

Most of the gangs we have around here in that industry are from as far away as the east coast... New York, Boston and New England, even Miami, DC, Philly, Jersey, Atlanta...Chicago, Houston and a bunch of medium sized cities....

Some of mafia style professionals, which give no trouble and hang a very low profile to not cause attention to themselves.
Many of us really don't have problems with this folks being here... and they actually do add to the county economy.

The ones that are causing problems are usually the 20 something crowds that are out to prove what a badasss they all are, and anti Establishment. They don't hang a low profile and are out to actually garner attention it seems...

The "professional" ones are older and are slowly eliminating the 'competition' and the attention....

Legalization brought this into our town and county like a meteor... blink and it was here....

But if other states start legalizing dope all over the country, they will disappear just as fast as they came up...

Living in the better part of town, most of my neighbors are CA transplants, real good people....

if you live in the crappy parts of town or the county, those are usually life long locals...

its not really a growth issue... as soon as dope has a reason to leave.... well most of the problems will leave with it...
Just had my fill of BS all the way around John. I think people are crazy. Dealing with the home and business sale, the move, all the stress of some big decisions and then come here to have fun with like minded guys and just get sheit on by a bunch of 5 year olds. Why bother?

Did you hear about the shooting in Wilderville the other night?

Someone I know was on duty in ICU at the hospital on night shift, was telling me that they brought someone in ( 20 something Tweeker) from the ER, who was brought in after Midnight... He'd been shot 9 times...

Higher than a kite, he tried to break into someone's home, and was hit by the homeowner with a 9mm.... Sadly the Tweeker had a stolen pistol ( scuttlebutt on that it was a 40), he shot the home owner a couple of times after the home owners shot his mag empty... hit the homeowner several times who died at the scene...

So far the cops haven't even reported that to the Daily Courier...

Family working at the hospital, I kinda get the scoop of what's going on around the county....

been a lot of gunshot wounds showing up in the last 30 days... people who are high breaking into other people's homes at midnight or later....

theft is up of cars getting stolen in the driveway....

one of the gals that works with the wife, had her husband wake up to something that the dog was going nuts about a couple of weeks ago...he sees "lights" outside in the driveway....

Some tweekers were caught later, but they stole a car, went joy riding in it, pulled it up into a driveway, set it on fire and ran off...

aren't we lucky tho, that all this stuff is a "victimless" crime...

I hear about it more than most, with the wife working at the hospital.... once these clowns hurt themselves or someone else, they all end up in the ER at Three Rivers...most are brought in higher than a kite...

at least according to a couple of our former Eagle Scouts who are now ER Nurses, I see them once or twice a week....

GP is turning into a Mini Chicago...
Posted By: Lonny Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17

Seriously, who in the hell has the time to be on a discussion board from 7:00 AM until 9:30 PM? Than complains about "all the stress and big decisions" in their life. How can honestly expect any sympathy when you piss away an entire day like you did yesterday?
Posted By: deflave Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17
Why bother?

Good question.

Maybe watch Lifetime instead.

Clark
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17

Clark

Ain't that why good ol' Rancho Loco and Northern Dave are referred to as dearly departed?

Posted By: tzone Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17

I usually have to force it into a tiny box.

Clark

That's gross!

Just wait... it gets better.

JFC.....you've been on here complaining about everyone else for two fuggin days now.
If the fire's that bad.....turn off the fuggin computer and go outside.
If OR's that bad....stop bitching and move.
If you're just looking for sympathy and/or simply enjoy complaining....then by all means...carry on.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17

Clark

Continually participating in social media that causes stress and a feeling of being bullied is more of an addiction issue than anything else. Nancy Reagan knew how to handle it.
I'm going shopping for a new Jesus fish to put on the crummy. That always lightens my day.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm going shopping for a new Jesus fish to put on the crummy. That always lightens my day.

"Crummy" farm truck?
Toyota
Which reminds me, I need a Jesus fish for the JD Gator too.
You know what a tweaker is right? It's not a pot head stealing a car.
A guy at the mill I worked at was on record for saying those meant the owner is a fisherman.
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Ain't that why good ol' Rancho Loco and Northern Dave are referred to as dearly departed?

Yes. Dave has been cyber bullied and is no longer with us.
I have 10 pounds of ground beef and lamb to turn into Irish Shepherd's pie tomorrow and several loaves of Irish Soda bread to bake.

It will be a busy morning. Not to mention making bangers and eggs for breakfast and downing a car bomb by 8am.

Which reminds me, I need a Jesus fish for the JD Gator too.

Don't forget the "Jesus Is My Copilot" sticker.
Toyota

10-FOE.
Posted By: kingston Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17
A guy at the mill I worked at was on record for saying those meant the owner is a fisherman.

Naive optimism is beautiful.

Pears sent. frown

Dave and Rancho Loco are good people.

If I go away again will I meet up with them in that place where the fire people go when they die? confused

Pears sent. frown

If I go away again will I meet up with them in that place where the fire people go when they die? confused

Oregon?
Posted By: Steve Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17

Oregon?

[Linked Image]

Pears sent. frown

Oregon?

No, no, no.

That's where miny-sotes go when they've suffered a bitter divorce.

Cyber bully death is way different. Completely different relocation program.
Originally Posted by Lonny

Seriously, who in the hell has the time to be on a discussion board from 7:00 AM until 9:30 PM? Than complains about "all the stress and big decisions" in their life. How can honestly expect any sympathy when you piss away an entire day like you did yesterday?

Thinking outside the box just a little...

how about someone who owns a business, that has sensitivity to how the weather is...and yesterday the weather was crap around here....not allowing them to be able to conduct business for the day?
You know what a tweaker is right? It's not a pot head stealing a car.

ummm yeah.... we have zero shortages of those and heroine addicts.. especially among the welfare crowds...

and for those who get irritated about us around here talking about it on line....

you ought to try getting as irritated as we do living among this crap...

in the last year, I've experienced one time of a heroine addict cutting a few line to get fuel out of the tank when it was too low for them to siphon the fuel out of it... he was caught... but they did nothing to him, catch and release... vehicle was right on the property, done at 4 AM in the morning...

second incident, car was stolen right off the property, at about 5 in the morning, by some tweekers, car found when they ran it off the road high, a week later.. full of drug paraphernalia, meth and heroine also found in the car, along with a 9mm pistol, stolen evidently, serial numbers removed

last year, had 11 tires on 5 different vehicles punctured on the side walls within 3 nights...as did several of my neighbors...ran the clown off at gun point on the fourth night... cops caught him, catch and release...Tweeker just needed something mischievous to do at 3 in the morning...

kinda happens in a county with like 4 sheriff deputies on patrol in an area the size of Rhode Island, none on patrol on the weekends, lots of unemployed welfare abusers that the cops and county don't have the budget to prosecute or even really keep in jail except overnight....

but hey.. experiences like that wouldn't allow one to know what a tweeker is....just a wild guess on my end...
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Pears sent. frown

Oregon?

No, no, no.

grin

ya chur, ya betcha......

how about someone who owns a business, that has sensitivity to how the weather is...and yesterday the weather was crap around here....not allowing them to be able to conduct business for the day?

And that would bring us right back to my statement...."If you don't like OR (or it's weather) then fuggin move" but quit bitching about it.

Life's a bitch...period...how you deal with it is on you and you alone.

Not that it matters, but did you ever notice it takes about 10 minutes to get the computer fired up? It would probably be smart to just leave it on all day and check back in when you walk by. But yes, I spend too much time down in the winter here with this climate.

It don't matter, these azzholes here know everything. I'll leave it to better men to fight it out here. Who needs the aggravation. Face to face, these people wouldn't have any teeth left running their mouth like this. Ain't the internet a wonderful shield for the basement dwellers?

Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17
Guess I'm lucky, never ever had any problems like these in my life...good thing it's America and you have the freedom to live any place you want.

We don't have local police here, just State police for emergencies.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

And that would bring us right back to my statement...."If you don't like OR (or it's weather) then fuggin move" but quit bitching about it.

I actually listed my house for sale right after I finished remodeling it in 2007 so i could leave. The market crashed within 30 days of listing. While the economy got sorted out, I met my now wife.

If we could have moved we would have. We had split custody with children that made leaving impossible.

But thank you for your extremely insightful one answer fits all. I should have come straight to you 10 years ago.

Well Fireball is moving....

at my age, getting too old to pack up and move...

hint, if you pass it by, you don't have to read it...

or would you like us to PM each of our posts to you for your approval, before we post them...
Yep. Life can be a bitch. You can either do something or wallow in it.

It don't matter, these azzholes here know everything. I'll leave it to better men to fight it out here. Who needs the aggravation. Face to face, these people wouldn't have any teeth left running their mouth like this. Ain't the internet a wonderful shield for the basement dwellers?

Careful there tuff guy.....you get hold of Lonny and you just might find him hard to let go of.

I do wish you good luck with your move though....

as long as it's not to ID.

The first time I was in Oregon was 1984 and I was 18 years old. I knew then that it was left of center and I'm sure 33 years haven't helped change that.

Such sincerity and caring.
Posted By: Raeford Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17

Such sincerity and caring.

A Hallmark of the Campfire. grin
Posted By: pal Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17
...Face to face, these people wouldn't have any teeth left running their mouth like this...

Feel the love.

Posted By: Rooster7 Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17
I hear Havre is nice...
Posted By: Raeford Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17
I hear Havre is nice...

Doesn't a Jay Cutler clone live there?
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17
Originally Posted by Raeford
I hear Havre is nice...

I think people just think that because Jay is unemployed now
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17
Originally Posted by Sauer200

May they resist in peas.

And curse those cyber bullying bastages.

Not that it matters, but did you ever notice it takes about 10 minutes to get the computer fired up? It would probably be smart to just leave it on all day and check back in when you walk by. But yes, I spend too much time down in the winter here with this climate.

I thought you were under a pine tree? grin

Face to face, these people wouldn't have any teeth left running their mouth like this.

Are you a dentist?

Why don't you beat up the potheads instead of the internet?
Originally Posted by pal
...Face to face, these people wouldn't have any teeth left running their mouth like this...

Feel the love.

And the teeth!
True DAT.

You've never had your head right to begin with [bleep].

I thought you were under a pine tree? grin

Face to face, these people wouldn't have any teeth left running their mouth like this.

Are you a dentist?

Why don't you beat up the potheads instead of the internet?

Freaking hilarious!
Posted By: deflave Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/16/17
Originally Posted by Raeford
I hear Havre is nice...

I think people just think that because Jay is unemployed now

You fugkin' cock-suckers leave Jay-Jay out of this. He's going through tough times.

Fugkin' leave it alone.

Dave
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Pears sent. frown

Oregon?

No, no, no.

Rerrocation pogram?
Posted By: kellory Re: How did I get so cynical? - 03/19/17
Not much point in posting anything, when half of what I post is "I didn't say that, now did I?" Or "That is not what I said. I said this."
You got an issue with my words, quote them. Otherwise, don't bother debating it. No point writing for those who can't read.
Going walkabout.
Originally Posted by kellory
Not much point in posting anything, when half of what I post is "I didn't say that, now did I?" Or "That is not what I said. I said this."
You got an issue with my words, quote them. Otherwise, don't bother debating it. No point writing for those who can't read.
Going walkabout.

Don't worry about that pansy-a$$ fa99ot from Oregon that thinks he's a tough dentist. He still isn't smart enough to figure out I'm not Deflave yet we both live in his mind rent free.
You can really see who the victims are in this thread. From the onset it's ain't their fault. Tff.
Posted By: SKane Re: How did I get so cynical? - 04/11/17
Originally Posted by heavywalker
You can really see who the victims are in this thread. From the onset it's ain't their fault. Tff.

It took safariman years to finally come to the conclusion that it might actually be him and not the entire world. Fireball isn't much brighter but he's every bit the narcissist.
© 24hourcampfire