Home
Posted By: CEJ1895 Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you on the 'Fire!
Posted By: deflave Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
GFY, you dirty fugkin' Mick!

Clark
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
A great day for all from the snowy north, north of Northern Dave even!
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
I'm making a few loaves of Irish Soda bread and 10 pounds of Irish Shepherd's pie to bring to the local watering hole.

Breakfast will be soon, bangers and eggs with a pint of Guinness.
Posted By: CEJ1895 Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
Originally Posted by deflave
GFY, you dirty fugkin' Mick!

Clark

Same to you! Prick! laugh
Posted By: hanco Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
need some green beer.
Posted By: Gus Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
the green beer, red-haired women smoking cigars and wearing green dresses will be celebrating in Savannah today. and probably a few other places as well.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17

My father had a bar ( The Homestead on Pleasant street) in Worcester Mass. Every year some guy would come in wearing orange. The Duke of Orange had done terrible things to the Irish. The guy wearing orange was looking for trouble at the bar and he would invariably find it with a fight.

So my father virtually tackled the guy wearing orange at the door and got him out of the bar before the fight broke out. If guys got hurt in a fight they invariably would not drink as much.

My heritage is 100% Irish and have always thoroughly enjoyed St. Paddy's day. I plan to keep up the tradition today.

Happy St. Paddy's day to all at the Campfire.

Steve
I had Irish coffee yesterday, and Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner!

I'm one step ahead! Going to have MORE Irish Coffee today!

Me Great Grandfather was Irish. God rest his soul!

Virgil B.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
Corned Beef and cabbage in the slow cooker here.
Posted By: EdM Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
I am caddy for my wife as I type. Grilling a steak tonight, seeing a play tomorrow then corn beef and cabbage on Sunday. Need to drop by a buddy's place later today to pick up a new toy.
Big kettle of Irish Stew on the stove right now for a party tonight. Soda bread, corned beef, a plenty of Irish beverages will be available, too. Imagine that!

It will be a grand time, as usual.

Slainte'
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
10 minutes from me.
Irish Spring Festival

https://gotowv.com/event/irish-spring-festival-3/

Stop at Pritt Mountain on the way home and have few drafts. (draught?)
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
A festival for soap?
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
Do you get to scrub the Redheads?
grin
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Do you get to scrub the Redheads?

top priority !!!!! laugh

Another note. Life is pretty hectic here. grin

Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17

You know why whiskey was invented? . . .

To keep the Irish from ruling the world!

my ancestors built a few generations in ireland after having been banished from scotland by the king of england.

while some folks still love irish potatoes, it's always been arsch potatoes to us country folks.

and btw, the british got a few round holes put into their red wool uniforms by some of my ancestors. fair play & all.

and on the subject of St. Paddy, some claim he was a slave from north africa, and shipped to england, then on-ward. maybe that's too controversial to discuss?
Black Irish ?
Posted By: CraigD Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
Just bought a bottle of Connemara Peated Single Malt Irish Whiskey for a wee nip after the corned beef, red potatoes, and cabbage. I may have to sample it soon as dinner is still cooking...
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Black Irish ?

i've heard of them. came as migrants from India, perhaps?

when starvation causes human populations to go on the march, whose to know where it will all end?

ah, the black irish. what a concept. and st paddy from northern africa? the story is getting pretty deep now.

and the mythology? of the tuatha de'danann or something like that? who?

Posted By: 22250rem Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
I was reminiscing today about the local Irish bar I used to frequent occasionally even when it wasn't St. Paddy's day. But on St. Paddy's day the green beer was flowing by the pitcher and there were plenty of old guys with Irish accents at the bar. Back then ('72-'75 or so) I was a redhead but now its sort of auburn & grey. All I had to do back then was walk in and one of the old guys would proclaim that I looked like "a fine Irish lad"... Then pour me a green beer from one of the pitchers lined up on the bar. Every year I got plastered for free and they all thought I was Irish. I never did tell 'em that my dad's parents (where the red hair came from) were both born & raised in Dundee, Scotland, and that my mom's parents were both born to German immigrants. But like they say; on March 17th, EVERYBODY'S Irish, (or at least as long as there's free beer).
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
Steve, as you know, Claudia is 100% confirmed (one might say chronic) Catholic and half Irish, so our meal just now was Beggar's Bouillabaisse. It was exquisite. Tomorrow, we may have CB&C, despite it not really being an Irish dish, but Friday in Lent took precedence.

There's just a chance for a tipple of some Irish whisky this evening.

At any rate, may the best of Ireland be upon you, and may we all soon meet again.
Posted By: shootem Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/17/17
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Black Irish ?

What's the difference between St Patricks Day celebration and Martin Luther King Day celebration?

On St Patrick's Day EVERYBODY wants to be Irish!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - 03/18/17

Many thanks for the kind words. And I'm very impressed with your great celebration of St. Paddy's day.

I celebrated at my favorite bar with two hunting buddies(Joe and Sandy) and a lot of good friends there. The color green was spectacular all over the bar and the customers. The bar(Barley and Hops) makes their own beer which is fantastic. I'm a fan of IPA's and they have the best I've ever had.

All the best to you and yours my friend.

Steve
© 24hourcampfire