Home
For all you bike lovers you will enjoy this. We'll have to post some pics of our vintage stables later on.

[video:youtube]DKitJUnHBeY[/video]
had one of those 'English racers' back in college. Not a bad bike, but I dumped it for a car.
Bought an excellent condition girls folder with folding basket at a yard sale 7 years ago.
Early 70's. All intact
had a Rawllie cruiser when i was a kid. even if you give me tea and crumpets i ain't calling them Rally!
Holy Kshizzle! A 10 year old girl and her dad riding a 100 miles in one day back in the '40's.

Point of trivia, Blackpool, where the whole factory goes on holiday, is exactly where I lived until my early teens.

Thanks for the link.

In the meantime I ain't a collector, my worked-over '89 Schwinn Voyageur does it all cool I'll be riding it to work in the morning.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
had one of those 'English racers' back in college. Not a bad bike, but I dumped it for a car.
Dumped my bicycle for a car also - about five minutes after I got my drivers' license... smile
I was hoping to see some pics of those old Ralieghs out there. Here is a frame I am building up with Campagnolo components.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Had a Raleigh bike for the 3 years I lived in England....
sure put some 'miles' on that thing... rode it all over the place over there... at least by kids standards...think I went thru a pair of tires each year off of it..

it was given to an English neighbor who needed a new bike to ride to work.. his only method of transportation ( which was real common back in the 60s).. he had worn out his old bike...

my parents didn't want to ship it back to the states, so I got a new bike when we got back stateside...

mine was a three speed, which in today's world of 15 and 20 speeds, kinda sounds pretty basic...
Rode a Raleigh 3 speed in college.

This guy has awesome hair and burns! cool

[Linked Image]
How tall are you? The head tube on that frame looks loooong!
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Rode a Raleigh 3 speed in college.

This guy has awesome hair and burns! cool

[Linked Image]

A fine example of the Nottingham windrow comb-over.
Originally Posted by kingston
How tall are you? The head tube on that frame looks loooong!

I ride a 60-62cm frame (24-25")...I'm 6'3"

Here is a 25" Cannondale

[Linked Image]

and a 25" Schwinn

[Linked Image]

and a 62cm Bob Jackson

[Linked Image]
Cool bikes!

Way too big for me though!
© 24hourcampfire