Home
Well after much deliberation, hand wringing and a few strong drinks I decided this weekend that I'm going to call it a career in the oil patch after 40 years. I've been a blessed man and have been able to stay employed every day since I was 14 years old and I think I'm going to take a breather. I started off (as an adult) as a roughneck with Tom Brown drilling in Midland, Texas in 1978 and I'll end my time as a Senior Process Safety Engineer with Shell Oil Company. I'm moving back to Texas in couple months to work on my wildlife photography and maybe do a little hunting and fishing! I'm going to be looking for a place somewhere in the Bandera/Kerrville/Fredericksburg/Boerne area. Let the good times roll!
Congrats to you on a well earned retirement. That's a great area you are considering. I may join you down there some day.
Retirement isn't all they said it would be... It's better!
Congrats. Bon Temps now
Posted By: EdM Re: It's retirement time in Texas - 03/20/17
Bev,

There is nothing quite like getting paid for sitting on you azz. Congrats.
Glad you are wrapping things up!

Enjoy!
All the best... enjoy being retired...

sounds like you more than earned it..
Congrats! Enjoy the hell out of it! You earned it!
Congratulations.

Enjoy!
Congratulations!!!!
Posted By: edk Re: It's retirement time in Texas - 03/20/17
Hell yes. Retired last year and loving it. ED K
Congratulations! It's like being on vacation everyday. You get up in the morning and think" hmmm, what do I want to do today?".
Enjoy every minute of it!

Congratulations Elk49!
Congrats
My one brother rough necked a few years, terribly hard work and in the elements every shift
Elkhunter49: Congratulations - I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I have enjoyed mine!
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
you have my exact dream plan in hand. Good luck and best wishes.
Good luck, and best wishes in retirement. Hasbeen
Congratulations.
Thank's for all the kind wishes folks. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas. I worked shift work for more than 20 years and it took a toll on my health without a doubt. I can still remember going home at times wondering (literally) if I had the strength to get to my truck and drive home because I was so exhausted and other times I had sore ribs from laughing so much....... It's been a hell of a ride.
Congrats, and here's to the hope you get as many years to work on retirement as you did on earning a living.
Don't forget to work on your health.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Don't forget to work on your health.

Congrats, don't talk yourself out of it. The above statement will determine how much fun you can have. Set up a home gym and use it daily.

mike r
lucky bastid
I retired one time. It was pretty fun. I look forward to meeting you at some time.
Congrats Bev! I only hope you are as good at retirement as I have become...

Seems I was suited for it all along..... laugh
Good for you man!
Elkhunter49, Congrats on the retirement. Just did the same thing myself this past October,15 months before 65. With a little help from a large company-wide layoff! grin memtb
Everyday is a Saturday. You can sleep late if you want to.
Congratulations!

I have made it through 12 years worth of retirement so far and still kickin'. wink

Enjoy everyday that you can.

donsm70
© 24hourcampfire