Home
More than a week of free agency, in a league that struggles to find enough competent quarterbacks for each team, Kaepernick remains unsigned with no buzz about where he might go next. Of course, it’s easy to make the connection between the lack of interest and Kaepernick’s national anthem protest last season. Movie director Spike Lee made that connection in an Instagram post after having brunch with Kaepernick in New York, saying it “Smells MAD Fishy To Me, Stinks To The High Heavens.” Maybe fishy isn’t the right term, because it’s easy to figure out what’s happening.

Just because Kaepernick hasn’t signed yet, after he opted out of his 49ers contract, doesn’t mean he won’t find a good opportunity. However, it will get harder as free agency goes on and spots get filled by other quarterbacks. Even though Kaepernick has said he won’t protest during the anthem anymore, the NFL is a conservative league and it’s clear his protest didn’t go over well with everyone, particularly among owners. Bleacher Report quoted an unnamed general manager who estimated that 70 percent of league executives “genuinely hate” Kaepernick after his protest.
It's also possible that he's had offers but considers himself above them.
Works for me.
Actions have consequences.
I have no use for him and if I owned a team, he would not be on it.
More good news.
Smells more like karma to me.

He bit the hand that fed him.
If he truly believed in what he was protesting he should hold his head high and move on. If he was simply following the PC crowd -- he can still move on, hopefully smarter and a hell of a lot poorer!
It could also be that he's only semi-talented. The fact that he's more famous for his chitty attitude than his playing speaks volumes.
I think of Kaepernick and Spike Lee having brunch together and can't help but wonder what it is about America that they don't like. The brunch menu in most of Africa is...nothing, or your neighbor. I need to move to Idaho.

mike r
Poor Kappy, nobody wants him, he's tainted.
Trump just took credit for it!!
[Linked Image]
He'll get a contract at some point this season but it's a good lesson in peeing in the pool....
Hope he enjoys his new job in the fast food industry! Karma she is a bitch!
I'd like to see Colon living in a van, filming himself in a field, and wishing for a time machine.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
He'll get a contract at some point this season but it's a good lesson in peeing in the pool....

Let's see if your sports predictions are any better than your political predictions as of late.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Actions have consequences.

Some folks never figure it out.
Originally Posted by jeffbird
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 222Rem
I'd like to see Colon living in a van, filming himself in a field, and wishing for a time machine.

I could throw a football over that mountain!
He can eat shat and die as far as I'm concerned.
an unlooked at factor is that Kaepernick just wasn't that that good a quarterback in the first place.
Fahq him.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 222Rem

I could throw a football over that mountain!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
More than a week of free agency, in a league that struggles to find enough competent quarterbacks for each team, Kaepernick remains unsigned with no buzz about where he might go next. Of course, it’s easy to make the connection between the lack of interest and Kaepernick’s national anthem protest last season. Movie director Spike Lee made that connection in an Instagram post after having brunch with Kaepernick in New York, saying it “Smells MAD Fishy To Me, Stinks To The High Heavens.” Maybe fishy isn’t the right term, because it’s easy to figure out what’s happening.

Just because Kaepernick hasn’t signed yet, after he opted out of his 49ers contract, doesn’t mean he won’t find a good opportunity. However, it will get harder as free agency goes on and spots get filled by other quarterbacks. Even though Kaepernick has said he won’t protest during the anthem anymore, the NFL is a conservative league and it’s clear his protest didn’t go over well with everyone, particularly among owners. Bleacher Report quoted an unnamed general manager who estimated that 70 percent of league executives “genuinely hate” Kaepernick after his protest.

"the NFL is a conservative league"

HORSE SCHITT!!
I hope Karma makes an example out of him.
Would be good to see ol Krappersuck singin' "Glory Days" with the POS, commie Brucey Shidtsteen down by the river living in a van.
Some semi-pro team might take him.
Liberal @ssholes that was high-fivin the commie bastard now won't return his calls.

One kick in the nuts, out of several on the way, and well-deserved.
In America you have the right to not stand for the anthem. Is it a dick move, yes,, does it have consequences, thankfully yes!
I be surprised if he finds a place
This is a guy who has seen his skills eroded by injuries. I think it is say to say all this protest stuff was a ploy to make himself relevant, and to make him a race icon in his post-sports life.

Look at Ali. Talked racial trash during his career ("Vietnam is the White Man sending the Black Man to kill the Yellow man") and all that Malcolm X stuff, then was lauded as some great humanitarian after his career was finished. Kaepernick and others see that, and want to held in the same esteem. Trouble he has is street cred. He is about as Black as that nutty NAACP White Chick from Seattle. Even his Angela Davis afro isn't convincing. He's still a biracial kid raised by White parents in Wisconsin. This ain't Snoop Dog we're talking about.

Kaepernick wants to be able to get on The View and Oprah and talk race when his career is over.
Originally Posted by 458Win
If he truly believed in what he was protesting he should hold his head high and move on. If he was simply following the PC crowd -- he can still move on, hopefully smarter and a hell of a lot poorer!

I would say that option A is long gone - he already stated he wouldn't take a knee anymore, but he only said that after he was in the unemployment line. This shows that where he truly stands (kneels) on an issue has a lot to do with where he happens to be standing at a given moment in time. Holding your head up after that would be tough.
I never liked him even BEFORE his stupid-azzed 'protest'..
Running quarterback on the decline? Check.

Unwanted media attention? Check.

Attention whoring cause of division in locker room? Check.

He's done.

Clark
His NFL level QB skills are lacking.
This is certainly Karma and I couldn't be happier for the [bleep]. I didn't watch one minute of NFL last year because the NFL allowed it's fields to be used as a venue for political protest by its participants.

I think Kaepernick will find a home though. he was a middle of the road QB last year and some teams (Jets) are desperate. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating
Didn't this goofy bastage say that he wouldn't be kneeling this year because "So much progress was made" by him doing it last year??? lmao

The world needs ditch diggers too, Kappy!
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
an unlooked at factor is that Kaepernick just wasn't that that good a quarterback in the first place.

Exactly!! He was average at best, but because he was Black, the sports media was orgasming all over themselves trying their best to turn him into the next Tom Brady.....just like they do any Black QB who makes it into the NFL.
I wouldn't sign this POS on for a the water boy job
fuggin NI&&ER too stupid to do that $hit on his own , had to have some coaching, or some political agenda group helping him
I stopped watching football because of his [bleep].

If someone signs him I won't watch football this season either.

As the "Duke" once said..."Stupidity should be Painful !"

Lesson repeated !
That's what happens when you go vegan.

P
Originally Posted by mohick
fuggin NI&&ER too stupid to do that $hit on his own , had to have some coaching, or some political agenda group helping him

Speaking of stupid....Looks like it's spreading..
Originally Posted by tdd4570
I stopped watching football because of his [bleep].

If someone signs him I won't watch football this season either.

I stopped watching football and was amazed at how much extra productive time I have. I won't start watching whether they hire him or not.
I would say that the lack of interest is based more on the level of his playing performance than on his "protest".
It brings to mind the Japanese axiom:

"The upright nail will get hammered."

You make being wrong an art form. I'll bet you $100 that no NFL team signs him. You in?
Originally Posted by Toddly

You make being wrong an art form. I'll bet you $100 that no NFL team signs him. You in?

Talk about an idiot that cannot understand his own cliche!!!

His fiancé is a black muslim and she is behind this whole thing. He is trying to impress her by becoming a muslim himself and by becoming an activist.
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

His fiancé is a black muslim and she is behind this whole thing. He is trying to impress her by becoming a muslim himself and by becoming an activist.
So it all boils down to pussy.
© 24hourcampfire