Home
Posted By: wabigoon Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
I shaved my beard off last night. I need a new photo for a new passport, and did not want to look at that shaggy old guy for the next ten years.
Brother!, it's COLD out there!

Have a beard, or clean shaven?
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Goatee year round cause my chin looks like my buttcrack, ones enough. smile
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Beard all the time.Cut a little shorter in the summer
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Been sporting a beard for 40 years. I shaved it off one hot day last summer. I decided right then and there never to shave again. I'll be planted with it.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
I grow one for deer hunting then shave right before Christmas. Thirty years I couldn't grow one because of work and now its all gray.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
With the warm winter I shaved mine a tad early this year-about a month ago.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Year round, #4 on the hair trimmer. I shave under my chin daily to it doesn't look scruffy.
Posted By: Middlefork_Miner Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Too warm for a beard here...I used to grow one every October to April when I was young.
Posted By: DW7 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Start it on September 1st, keep it cleaned up with a number 4 and neck cleaned, shave all but the goatee April 1st. And you notice how much it kept yer face warm that first week it's shaved off!
Posted By: RWE Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by gunner500

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Never knew there were so many on the 'Fire married to lesbians....
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
24/7/360 had it down to mid chest in the mid 90's ...then....I was hanging drywall up a ladder and the screw caught a was of hair...I did not know ...stepped down the ladder and OUCH !!!!damm that hurt ! U know its to long when it whips u in your eye while running rivers in your boat !
Posted By: JLWilson Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Full beard for 42 years. Would not know how to deal with not having one.

Jerry
Posted By: joken2 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Used to usually grow a beard just over the winter but since retiring I keep a full beard year around. Every once in a great while I buzz a little bit off just to even the length up and get rid of split ends.

Personally I really can't tell much of a difference as far as comfort in having a beard in hot weather vs cold.
For me shaving daily in both hot and cold weather is far worse with sweat or cold winds stinging a freshly shaved face.

Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
had a beard for the past 25 years or so. Hacked it off last year at the wife's request, but grew it right back.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Beards are stupid and I have no use for them.

Sam....
Posted By: rost495 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Can't use SCBA... no beard.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I shaved my beard off last night. I need a new photo for a new passport, and did not want to look at that shaggy old guy for the next ten years.

Beard.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Racing stripe.

Oh, wait, you meant on the face, right?

Had a beard once or twice in my youth but clean shaven except for a mustache these last 40 years. These days I only shave every other day and not at all on weekends to enhance the grubby homeless old man look...
Posted By: benchman Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Beard, sometimes just a goatee in the summer. I'm ugly, but without my beard to hide behind, it's a serious problem...
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Beard for the last 40 years, usually short but one time a nurse mentioned (good naturedly) that it was getting a bit long. Response: Winter coat - she just walked away shaking her head.
Posted By: benchman Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Racing stripe.

Oh, wait, you meant on the face, right?

Had a beard once or twice in my youth but clean shaven except for a mustache these last 40 years. These days I only shave every other day and not at all on weekends to enhance my grubby homeless old man look...
Hey, that's my look too! Can't fight mother nature. I used to identify with the kids in McManus stories. Now I'm Rancid...I trim it when people start to give me the locations of shelters...
Posted By: saddlering Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Beard most of my life, but for a job for 10 years, 1st day of spring I cut 3" off it! summer I cut it short, it does keep your face warm in the winters here!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
The mid chest beard above made me think, I talked to an Amish man at Burger King in Wadnea, Mn, I told him he had a better beard than I did.
He said thirty years for his.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Grew mine for the bicentennial in 1976, shaved it off a couple of times only to grow it right back.
Posted By: Elkhunter49 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Yep, It's gone for now but will return next fall.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by gunner500

[Linked Image]

LOL, when I shaved my chin it looked like two chapped red butt cheeks. blush

Better to grow whiskers and not have to shave that butthead crack.
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
I used to shave it off in the summer but gave up on it. I get ingrown hairs when I shave and I just prefer hair on my face.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
I grow a beard every winter and shave it in the spring. Actually I had to grow two beards this winter, had to shave it off when visiting a refinery in December.

It definitely keeps your face warm in the winter. And even though it's officially spring, I'm holding onto my beard for another month as it looks and feels a lot more like winter than spring here.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Beard all the time.Cut a little shorter in the summer

Same for me
Posted By: rem141r Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
i start growing one the first week of october and it comes off after regular deer season in december. but you can damn sure notice a difference when it comes off. i also like a flat top haircut but let it grow in the winter. i just got my first of the year a couple weeks ago and hoo boy was it chilly.
Posted By: EdM Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by rost495
Can't use SCBA... no beard.

That was my issue for many years. Now I prefer just a mini-Paul Tuttlish 'stache.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
I remember a guy who used to smear his beard with Vaseline to pass SCBA fit tests. I still don't know how they allowed him to keep his beard, but he did.

That's why I had to shave my beard this past December.
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
My beard allows me to opt out of fit testing. Win-win.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
I start a beard every fall as the weather cools. I particularly like it while ice fishing. Comes off late April early May depending on the weather. Can't do summer, just to damn hot for me.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by Mike_S
I grow one for deer hunting then shave right before Christmas. Thirty years I couldn't grow one because of work and now its all gray.
Same here. The girls at work pray that I tag out the first weekend. They can't stand me with a beard. The 'stash stays year round though. I shave it off every once in a while when it gets ratty looking, but grow it right back. My wife really gets upset when I'm "clean". She hates kissing me without the stash.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Have had a beard for over 35 years.
I like it and do not care what anyone else thinks.
I keep it neatly trimmed and shave where needed every day.

Some of us can and some cannot---
Posted By: AKBoater Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Grow one in the fall and shave it in the spring. This year is came in all grey, no warning.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Started my winter beard in 1973 and still have it.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Mine showed up four years ago when I spent a week fishing in Canada without a razor.

Liked it and left it. Wife likes it so no issues there.

Told someone, the more of my face I can cover, why not? Lol
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Since 1992
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
always figured a guy that has time to shave everyday has too much time on their hands.
Posted By: EdM Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
[Linked Image]

Been near twenty years Bev and you look near as old as I. grin
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Randy, I was just looking through my selfie file for beard pics....
Posted By: tommyd53 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon

\

When I was in high school, I grew my first beard, one summer. One of my Dad's friends came over one night. He took one look at me and said, "Jesus Larry, he's cultivating on his face what I'm growing wild on my ass". How they howled.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Going from full beard to goatee tomorrow when I get my hair cut
Posted By: Longhunter_1 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
It keeps my face warm in the winter

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ldholton Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
stach since about 18 , goatee off and on , can't grow a full beard, too much indian blood.
Posted By: Elkhunter49 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
[Linked Image]

Been near twenty years Bev and you look near as old as I. grin

Yes sir it has been a while, we will get caught up soon my friend!
Posted By: duck911 Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Closely/neatly trimmed goatee for me. A beard makes me look 60 and clean cut makes me look 18.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Winter Beard? - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Randy, I was just looking through my selfie file for beard pics....

look under the file "most interesting man in Montana"
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Winter Beard? - 03/23/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Beards are stupid and I have no use for them.

Sam....
lol ...u have to be able to grow one ! And "no" it don't count if it takes u a couple years to do so laugh
Posted By: 1minute Re: Winter Beard? - 03/23/17
Packing one since 1982. If I shaved, no one in the community would recognize me.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Winter Beard? - 03/23/17
Leaves are popping out on the trees here, beard is about to disappear for the summer. When the leaves fall, beard will return.
© 24hourcampfire