Home
Picked up this issue today. I was pleasantly surprised to see Jamison's name listed on the cover.

I always considered Jamison to be one of the most technically accurate gun writers around, and deeply enjoyed his writing.

I, for one, hope Mr Jamison has a prolific writing career ahead.
Always enjoyed reading his columns.

Used to write for Shooting Times right?
25 year ago as a poor enlisted private my only luxury was buying a copy of Shooting Times. I read that rag front to back and back to front. I reveled in advertisements aimed at real men. I even read that mysterious column on handloading written by Rick Jamison. At first it seemed arcane and beyond my ability. But he wrote in such a convincing and enthusiastic manner that the desire to handload was born in me.

I owe him a lot.
+1..... I always enjoyed his handloading stuff in Shooting Times. I also subscribe to Handloader and it was good to see him back in print again. I hope we see more of his stuff in the future.
I, too, was pleased to see Jamison's name atop an article again. His analytical, technical style is just the type of writing I most enjoy,

I wonder whether his period of being blackballed from the gun press is truly over or was his article just a way to remind Winchester to cough up some advertising dollars.
Glad to here hes back! liked to read his stuff! back in the day!
He was forced out?
Rick kept going to SHOT Show even after being blackballed, and I had several nice talks with him about reloading. I didn't mention his suspension and he was more than cordial with me, but there were folks in the Media Room who openly avoided him.

Is Shooting Times still in business? I no longer get any shooting mags and the last of ST I saw they were down to about 36 pages total with very short, plain vanilla articles.
Looks like Rick Jamison might outlast the cartridges that got him blacklisted in the first place. Much ado about nothing by Winchester.
© 24hourcampfire