Home
Posted By: wabigoon Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
By actors, I do mean professional, acting in the flicks, or TV, even as a extra. Don't be shy, we won't ask for an autograph.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
I act like an azzhole but no one ever payed me to do it. LOL

I heard huntsman was related to Katie perry.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon
By actors, I do mean professional, acting in the flicks, or TV, even as a extra. Don't be shy, we won't ask for an autograph.

I've heard dvdegeorge has done some films..........
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
Kaywoodie
Posted By: Jericho Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
I dated a girl who was in a Jim Carrey movie for about 3 seconds.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
Safariman thought we was one. And a good at that.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
Originally Posted by fredIII
I act like an azzhole but no one ever payed me to do it.

No act here.
smirk
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
In hindsight, I should have asked about, thespians, but with the IQ, or use there of, on "fire" members part, I may have fared no better.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Kaywoody

Yeah! I did Puck at the globe.

smile
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
Kaywoody

I heard Kaywoodie is actually Chuck Norris.
You know ? The globe?

"Can This cockpit hold the vasty fields of France? Or may we cram INTO THIS WOODEN O the very casque that did affright the air at Agincourt?"
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
I am neither an actor or gay. I am a gun writer.

Posted By: RiverRider Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
We won't tell no one.
Two For Texas TCM movie

[Linked Image]

(Me with drum)
"The Patriot"

[Linked Image]
Hell thats all I can find. Been in countless history type specials I can't remember from French & Indian period thru WWII.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
My face is not.

The tool, on the other hand is a valued stunt double.
It's a blessing....

and a curse.
Posted By: dogzapper Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17

I hunted quite a bit with John Laroquette. John is a friend; a fine, fine man and one heck of a GREAT rifle shot.

Ate many dinners in the Village with Dustin Hoffman when I was finishing up my MBA at New York University and visited his loft to see his collection of Whistler's etchings (beyond fantastic). Dusty is a wonderful fella.

Lunched with Chuck Heston and signed autographs for Chuck Norris and Chuck Yeager when I was scribbling a bit for Wolfe (still wonder why they didn't ask me to be a Contributing Editor ... their loss, surely not mine in the slightest)

Lots of famous folks passed through my life over the years, but I sure as hell ain't famous in the slightest grin Indeed, I will soon pass from this world without a tiny ripple.

Gone now.

God Bless All,

Steve

[Linked Image]

Some of his early work.....
Originally Posted by dogzapper

I hunted quite a bit with John Laroquette. John is a friend; a fine, fine man and one heck of a GREAT rifle shot.

Ate many dinners in the Village with Dustin Hoffman when I was finishing up my MBA at New York University and visited his loft to see his collection of Whistler's etchings (beyond fantastic). Dusty is a wonderful fella.

Lunched with Chuck Heston and signed autographs for Chuck Norris and Chuck Yeager when I was scribbling a bit for Wolfe (still wonder why they didn't ask me to be a Contributing Editor ... their loss, surely not mine in the slightest)

Lots of famous folks passed through my life over the years, but I sure as hell ain't famous in the slightest grin Indeed, I will soon pass from this world without a tiny ripple.

Gone now.

God Bless All,

Steve

Ok, Sir. You win.
I can't compete with Chuck and Chucks.
Have a good evening,
Slave
Originally Posted by Jericho
I dated a girl who was in a Jim Carrey movie for about 3 seconds.

you dated her for 3 seconds?

or she was in the movie 3 seconds?

I think it'd be a distinction worth noting? lol
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17

John Laroquette, is one funny dude. Loved his character in night court.

SOB sure could make me laugh.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
She was in the movie for probably 3 seconds, they filmed for several weeks and she was in several scenes, but only one made it to the screen. She was also in a movie "Lone Star" as an extra in a bar scene, once again only for a few seconds.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
Been on a few hunting shows...all fair chase I might add.
In hindsight, I should have asked about, thespians

What does it have to do with sexuality?

Jackie Gleason: "The Germans aint got nuthin to do with it!"

smile
Posted By: ldholton Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
Lots of people here ACT like they know something
Originally Posted by Jericho
She was in the movie for probably 3 seconds, they filmed for several weeks and she was in several scenes, but only one made it to the screen. She was also in a movie "Lone Star" as an extra in a bar scene, once again only for a few seconds.

gotcha

being in the movies for 3 seconds perfectly acceptable

you being in the saddle for 3 secs??? well I wouldn't want to post that on an internet forum! eek jk

my guess is she was a pretty lil thang, gettin extra roles in movies don't often go to the uglies.

kaywoodie being an exception, he was cannon fodder (jk kaywoodie)
But I was handsome cannon fodder. I died gorgeously at Cowpens after the first Lobsterback volley!!

I have not posted the atrocity that got me listed on The IMDb!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
Sir David, "Et tu Brute"!
"O pardon me thou bleeding piece of earth that I am meek and gentle with these butchers!"
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
I am the stunt cock in Orgazmo.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
You too 'Slave?
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I am the stunt cock in Orgazmo.

Choda boy???
My old climbing tree in the front yard and my bedroom windows were in the movie "The Heavenly Kid" for about 10 seconds.

After the movie came out they got all snooty and were all like, "yeah, we're too good for you." But a few years later a hurricane came through and knocked over the tree and smashed the windows so they pretty much shut up after that.
that was helluva hurricane to hit Idaho!

yep kaywoodie, handsome cannon fodder!
It sure was! Actually it was in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The movie was "The Heavenly Kid" which was a really forgettable 80's flick, but they filmed a bunch of scenes on two streets next to our house and several other places near there.

Starting at 29:30 that white fence is our back yard and then the windows are my bedroom where I grew up, then again at 30:07 that big ficus tree in the background on the left was my climbing tree since I was a little kid. One of those hurricanes that came through S. Florida in the early 2000's knocked it over and broke off a corner of the roof over my bedroom - but I was long gone by then.

And dat's my big Hollywood connection. wink

I did write and direct a play for The Illustrious Onionskin Players out of Ontario, OR and was the bad guy in several other plays but it seems Hollywood preferred Harrison Ford and Jack Nicholson for the roles I should have been cast in...
Posted By: dogzapper Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17

Originally Posted by 12344mag

John Laroquette, is one funny dude. Loved his character in night court.

SOB sure could make me laugh.

My friend, you should witness John Laroquette and Jimmy Carmichael totally unplugged in the same room. The combination was the most hilarious thing I've ever witnessed ... prolly should be illegal grin

Good and wonderful folks beyond compare, both of them.

May God Bless,

Steve

Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
No but I did have my picture holding a 38# Bobcat I caught featured in Fur Fish & Game magazine.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
I really liked "The Heavenly Kid". Another largely forgettable movie that I liked was "The California Kid".
No Hollywood connections here. My wife's cousin did some modeling for about two years. She spent a year modeling in Japan when the hot commodity over there was tall Caucasians with brown hair. It's insane what those girls make.

She did a shoot for 3M where they took a black and white cropped picture of her holding a respirator device worn during spray painting. She posed with the respirator in her upturned hand up next to her face.

They tried on clothes for TWO DAYS to shoot that one picture. She got $100.00 an hour just to try on clothes, and that didn't count what she got for the actual photo shoot.

She made enough in one year in Japan to pay for 4 years of college, buy a car, and cover all her other expenses. She got out when she was young, and has never looked back. Among her work were cereal ads for General Mills, Valley Fair Amusement Park, and various photo shoots for different products.
Posted By: KC Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17

Not me. But my grandson played a minor supporting role in the movie Dear Eleanor, which was filmed in 2015 and released in 2016. He played a minor character but he did have a few lines. He played Jack and he just received another check for residuals.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2927212/

KC

Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
Originally Posted by KC

" ... He played Jack and he just received another check for residuals."

KC

Nothing wrong with receiving residuals and royalties. Found money. wink

L.W.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/29/17
Not an actor but have worked behind the camera. Set electrician, grip, props and set deco. Do live theater now as a theater tech " stagehand" and hope to retire in 2 years.
Kaywoody

You got it backwards. Chuck Norris wishes he was Kaywoodie!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
My family was once featured in a PBS special about Kentucky back in the 1980,s.. A film crew out of New York spent about 3 days here doing the filming. They wanted to film me planting my tobacco crop, but the plants weren't ready so they settled to film me planting corn. It was actually quite any experience, and I have to give credit to my wife for them selecting us. She was postmaster at the small local office, when the TV crew stopped off to mail something, and she charmed them into doing their filming here. On something of a side note, the narration was done by Hal Holbrook. Of course, I never met him, as he was not "on location". When the show was first broadcast on TV, a local woman known to be very society conscious, came up to me and started telling me about how big a Holbrook fan she was, and how she was so envious that I'd got to work with him. I couldn't resist the temptation, and told her that old Hal was sure was a hoot to be around and work with, and that the next time I talked to him, I'd be sure and tell him that she was a huge fan.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
I dabbled in it off and on for about 10 years or so. Movies, commercials, modeling, even had a small wild west show where I did trick shooting off my horse.

Met lots of interesting people.

Then had a few years of hosting hunting shows that came to film predator hunting with me.

I don't really miss any of that. Grateful for the experiences, and wouldn't trade that, but much prefer the peace and quiet I have now. wink
Posted By: RWE Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Kaywoody

He's so fast, his GPS can only tell him where he was, yesterday.
My friend, you should witness John Laroquette and Jimmy Carmichael totally unplugged in the same room. The combination was the most hilarious thing I've ever witnessed ... prolly should be illegal grin

Sounds like Kaywoodie and Paladin after a few drinks. I laughed so hard one night at Ed to many letters place, that my ribs hurt the next day. I too liked John Laroquette in night court. Those 30 minute comedies, of all types use to be my favorite things to watch. Lived most of my life in motel rooms with a remote in my hand going around and around the channels looking for something that I wanted to watch. miles
My son did a little acting when he lived with us for a few months after he got his degree at UNT. Here is a couple shots of him from "The Free State of Jones". He got a great full time job in the industry and lives in Texas.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RWE
Kaywoody

grin
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
One of my nieces has been in several movies, in the last 10 yrs or so. She decided to go to acting school, but that didn't last long. Now she's going to nursing school.
Posted By: RWE Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by RWE
Kaywoody

grin

A priest once tried to bless Kaywoodie, but the priest's arm broke spontaneously.

Because nobody crosses Kaywoodie...
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by fredIII
I heard huntsman was related to Katie perry.

Yeah, whatever. 'Thrillseekers' had me on back in the '70's.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Brother and neighbors were extras in 'Centennial'. And my most handsome phizog gets put on the news as a weatherwatcher about once a week.... The local weatherbabe LOVES me,and can't resist playing with my titty. More than tinman or 'slave. And there is reason.....

[Linked Image]

Posted By: 12344mag Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Kaywoody

You got it backwards. Chuck Norris wishes he was Kaywoodie!

Did you hear?

Chuck Norris bit Kaywoodie..........3 days later Chuckie died. wink

Kaywoodie, dogzapper, et al, very interesting stuff!

Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Don is my new hero hands down. I ain't never had a weather babe play with my tittie like that!

(Although I did have one call me a boob onetime).
Posted By: hanco Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
I saw Roy Rogers in 1959
Posted By: g5m Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
This is one funny and interesting thread.

I was an extra in a couple of movies back when. They might have been talkies.
Few pics of the old days.

Wild West.

[Linked Image]

I would line up some guys, then run by on my horse and shoot a balloon they had between their knees.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Some movie scene stills.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Saw Rockinbbar in a movie just last night! smile

Alamo 13 Days to Glory movie stills.

[Linked Image]

My buddy, Buck Taylor.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jim Arness and Brian Keith.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: g5m Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Bad dude there!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Like we talked about, I'd sure like to be that young again! grin

Like we talked about, I'd sure like to be that young again! grin

Yeah! I'd relish a pain free day!
Posted By: shaman Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
I gave up seeking acting jobs after an agent told me I "looked like an over-aged Hitler youth."

However, I did get one acting credit for a 1979 short film as a nameless nerd in a diner who tries everything to pick up some girls.

The title was "Chicken Salad Sandwich." It regularly played on local late night TV here in Cincinnati, because Bob Shreve would run it as filler on his all-night movie show. The big schtick was what I could do with the paper cover of a soda straw. I did several gags with it to impress the girls at the next table, the best of which was blowing it straight out horizontally and have it do a vertical loop land back on my plate.

I used to have a Youtube link for it, but it doesn't work anymore.

My claim to fame is that I had top billing over an up and coming Faith Prince who later won a Tony Award for Guys and Dolls with Nathan Lane. Faith played a waitress in this short.

Faith Prince

[video:youtube]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0697650/[/video]

The University of Cincinnati Film Society put this on the bill with Andy Worhol's Frankenstein one night. I went with the producer and some of the cast to the showing, dressed in the same jeans and shirt I'd worn in the film. I sat in the middle of the balcony for both showings and just waited for folks to recognize me. One of my life's favorite moments was getting a standing ovation from those crowds.
Few hunting TV show stills.

Filming with Big Al Morris. Foxpro Furtakers show.

[Linked Image]

Mojo Outdoors TV.

Dove hunt.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mojo Predator.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Buster and I predator calling on Mojo Outdoors.

American Huntress TV show

[Linked Image]

Buster taking a break from filming.

[Linked Image]

All bloody.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Well I know one thing! If they ever wanna remake "The Over The Hill Gang", I know where there's a good place for the casting agent to hunt up stars!
Posted By: tzone Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by gophergunner
No Hollywood connections here. My wife's cousin did some modeling for about two years. She spent a year modeling in Japan when the hot commodity over there was tall Caucasians with brown hair. It's insane what those girls make.

Tell her I said "what's up?"

Make sure you get the head nod right or it just won't work.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
I once did a steamy bedroom scene with Diane Lane, but it was far too racy for mainstream television or movies and was relegated to B stuff on the discount rack at Video World.

Of course, she wanted to continue the shenanigans offscreen but I was too professional to fall for that nonsense and politely declined further involvement.

And then I woke up.
Posted By: kingston Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by RWE
Kaywoody

Lmao
This atrocity got me in the IMDb

Being totally serious here, it always amazes me to see the wealth of different knowledge and experiences on the fire. Pretty cool place...
This is going in the next moose knuckle thread.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fish head Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
I was the stunt double for Kevin Costner in Water World. cool

I did all his underwater scenes. laugh
I dated an aspiring comedian for a while. I think I broke her heart. A couple years later, she comped tickets to several of my friends and my parents. Her act focused on someone with my name and why she became a lesbian.
Posted By: WildWest Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
I provides horses and wagons for Westward Home , National Geographic movie,about homesteaders, going to SD to set up a homestead. Supposed to be a reality show about folks that, decided they wanted out of everyday modern life and wanted to do it the old fashioned way. Was a hoot to do. I drove the wagon from under the driver seat and was there if something went wrong. They only gave me one day to teach them how to drive a team. I kept telling the crew and people how to watch out for potential problems. They thought they could handle the horses without me. They blew up a stump, for a scene. Spooked the team and they broke the tongue out of the wagon. I had to take a replacement and fix the wagon. They called me each time they worked the horses after that. The so called Pioneers were great people,fun to be around. The producer kept trying to get them to start infighting but they had got together and said they would never run down each other. The producers need, the personal drama, to keep the show going.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Worked on a movie crew once, but that's it.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by kingston
This is going in the next moose knuckle thread.

[Linked Image]

Lol!

This is a cool thread!

I played Tom Jones in a high school play, one of several I was in, and had to kiss a girl that I didn't want to. Though I was young and purely amateurish that was pure acting.

Does that count?
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
I played HELL...in high school!
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
I've never been in a movie... but according to the credits I produced several of the Star Wars flicks. Is that close enuf? MB

I used to get paid, but not on any screen. On stage, 8 shows a week, dark on Mondays. I want that life back. I didn't make much, but damn, life was easy.

Posted By: add Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Two For Texas TCM movie

[Linked Image]

(Me with drum)

Goodness, what a gifted range you were bestowed!

Originally Posted by add
Two For Texas TCM movie

[Linked Image]

(Me with drum)

Man, you were thin back then!

He played the drum well though... laugh whistle
Posted By: kellory Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
I've been on China Beach, Murder She Wrote, a few sit/coms, a couple of commercials, Army Of Darkness, and a few others.
My brother was in Teachers.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
kellory, so, is acting as much fun as it seems?
Or another job?

It's obvious how this role led to Bob's later work in Drumline and then Drumline 2.
Originally Posted by add
Two For Texas TCM movie

[Linked Image]

(Me with drum)

And all the white girls wanted me!
Posted By: add Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by add
Two For Texas TCM movie

[Linked Image]

(Me with drum)

And all the white girls wanted me!

Well hot damn then.

Going to sign me up for some community theater!
Posted By: funshooter Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Well
I know someone that knows someone that may have been in a movie

Does that count
Woody, that is pure talent. The "Duke" played only one role, "Give me the hat, give me the script".

Some actors can be tall in one roll, short in another, but, --I just don't know what to say--!
Posted By: RJL53 Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Had a cousin that did some acting in his day older guys may have heard of him, younger guys not so much, Aldo Ray. Not a superstar but he did seem to always have work somewhere.
There are a bunch of TV/Movies produced here in south Louisiana.
My wife has done background work in 18 movies and 12 television shows.
She actually working tomorrow!

lmao!

you boys ain't apt to get free movie tickets from kaywoodie laugh
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
lmao!

Bob knows I was just pullin' his lag!

(He can't play the drums worth a darn!) laugh
I have not been in a movie theater since 1992, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."

If free passes are not coming, it may be longer still.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Iv Not been in a Movie, but my babysitter, when I was 5-6 years old, did some Movies, she was the Nurse in Deep Throat! Carol Conners!
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

lmao!

He started it!

I think.
Posted By: kellory Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
kellory, so, is acting as much fun as it seems?
Or another job?

Not really. It can be interesting, sometimes. Meet a few people, learn a little movie magic along the way.
Keep in mind what you are dealing with, as an Extra. On Army of Darkness, I was run down by a horse and rider, when the rider lost control of his horse as we were charging into battle.
That endless hoard you see is really the seme 300 guys, running in a football field sized loop, with the camera tilted up from a low angle, so you only see the near side. The plastic armor was one size fits none, and cut your legs while running. (Even with duct tape around your chins. The horses are the animals of extras, not war trained, and one paniced. I was in the way. The weapons though were real, sharp and the guy running at your back has never held one before. We sat in California direct sun for 6 hours, without making noise waiting for other shots to be filmed, and they had no water available or shade for extras.
There were perks on some jobs. I got to speak with Angela Lansbury, (they treat her like a queen. Nice lady). I got to discuss the under and over crossbow in LadyHawk with the man who used it ( Rutger Hauer. ) and I met the Iron Lady herself on Murder She Wrote,( Margaret Thatcher).
I caused a stir on the sidelines once, by sitting weaving chainmail while dressed full Amish. (Their creed is "do no harm to no man", but really says nothing about defense. They could walk about in full plate) wink lol
So not quite a regular job, but one of several side jobs necessary to keep food on the table, and a roof overhead.
The pay was never large, but varied by the job. Most was about minimum wage, and in one case, I was paid more to lose my full beard, than the commercial paid.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
Yes, she was a very attractive girl. We dated off and on during the mid 90s and then we lost track of each other. In late 2001 her sister contacted me and told she had passed in Sept 2001. She was on a waiting list for a kidney donor and it never happened.
I also had an acquaintance who's young daughters were extras for the movie "Selena"
Posted By: smarquez Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/30/17
I spent a couple on the set of Windtalkers. There was extreme fire weather so the studio paid for 5 L.A. County Fire Engines and 5 Forest Service Type III engines to be on set for filming. The food was great. The pyro guys are crazy. I thought the safest place to stand was next to them, WRONG!! The stand way too close to stuff blowing up. I was there for the opening scene where the squad gets shot up in the creek, another in the village where there is a big shoot out and the end when they blow up the big guns on the hill. The dead body mannequins look totally real. Amputees are used as extras when someone needs to lose an arm or leg. It was weird to see G.I.s and Japanese soldiers in full costume discussing the upcoming Superbowl. The cast rode to different locations on shuttle busses. Nicolas Cage was an [bleep], he rode alone on a shuttle. Adam Beech seemed cool but very busy. He seemed very interested in everything going on. Cage showed up almost out of nowhere, shot his scene and left without even looking around or saying anything. The big explosions of the cannon was caused by igniting about 10 55 gallon tubs of a diesel/gas mix and was huge. Did I say the pyro guys were nuts?
Posted By: kellory Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/31/17
Army of Darkness was shot in a quarry. That car the hero arrived in, was custom smashed, and placed in the quarry, by a medium sized crane.
The crane operator over-reached, while turned sideways on the only road in.
The crane toppled into the quarry, and the operator slid down the cliff face. He was not injured badly, but all filming had to stop, due to a crane in the shot!
It was cool as hell to watch, when about an hour later, two cranes arrived, and the big crane dropped the small crane into the pit. The two cranes worked together to right the medium sized crane, which was still upside down on the slope. Then the big crane, raised both cranes out, medium, then small.
It looked like they didn't waste a motion.
Posted By: azrancher Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/31/17
I started wrangling on a picture called Comes a Horseman in 1977. Since then I have worked on around 25 movies, tv shows,commercials etc. I have had a few lines and done a few horseback stunts and was the head wrangler on a couple small shows but sure not an actor. Some of stuff you may have heard of like Braveheart,Alamo,Kingdom,Magnificent Seven.My last job was driving for special effects on Transformers 5 last may and June.
I met a lot of interesting people and made some good friends in the business. I worked with a few actors that became really famous later on. Vince Vaughn, Vigo Mortenson and Kurtwood Smith.

Fred
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/31/17
I'm certainly not an actor and have never been in a movie, but my handwriting was! In 1989 or so, some movie people came into the first gun shop I worked in. They were filming a movie called "Chattahoochee" at the old State Insane Asylum here in town. It was about a Korean War vet who came home and lost his noodle. They had a M1 Garand that they needed to have some 'smithing done so it would cycle blanks and an old Smith model 10 with hardly any blueing that they wanted refurbished to look new. We did whatever to the Garand and reblued the Smith and refinished the grips.

When the guns were ready they told us they wanted to bring the "Star" of the movie in and have us walk him through how to handle the guns because he was a Brit and was unfamiliar with firearms. A few days later they showed up and introduced us to their "Star", a very unassuming fellow, who turned out to be Gary Oldman. None of us had ever heard of him at the time, I think his biggest role prior to that was playing Sid Vicious in "Sid & Nancy". A few years later he hit the big time as "Dracula". Anyway, he had all the personality of a stale donut. Another guy and I took him back into the indoor range and showed him how to hold the Garand without looking too much like a wuss. Finally he was ready to "shoot it". He cranked off a few quick rounds and then, with some panic in his voice, proclaimed "The bullets are hitting me! The bullets are hitting me!" The ejected empties were simply hitting the divider between the bays and harmlessly bouncing off his shoulder. Our hero was not amused...

He finally got with it and is seen in the opening scene firing the Garand in Korea. Later in the film, he is seen buying the S&W in a pawn shop and the gun tag is the one that I wrote for them with the make, model, caliber and a 1955 price on it. Of course it can't be easily seen but I knew it was there when I saw the movie!

So that's my claim to fame. It was not a blockbuster, but besides future Star Oldman, it had Dennis Hopper and Ned Beatty. I think it was only in the theater for a month or so, but I bought it on VHS and have it around here somewhere. I might pull it out and watch it again this weekend.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099242/
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/31/17
Originally Posted by smarquez
" ... The cast rode to different locations on shuttle busses. Nicolas Cage was an azzhole, he rode alone on a shuttle. ..."

You ain't kidding! wink

L.W.
I spent part of a day being filmed in the making of "Easy Rider"
I was a member of the marching band.
Fonda was mostly drugged up, and Hopper was being an azz.

Wasn't impressed then, and have not changed my mind.

As they film a LOT in our town, I've briefly met some stars.
Some are personable, but a disproportionate number think their [bleep] don't stink.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 03/31/17
I only had the opportunity to work on one movie, but the Teamsters I worked with had a lot of stories. A few said Rob Lowe was the biggest azzhole they had ever met, most thought Jack Nicholson was a great guy.

One guy told me a story about working on a movie with Woody Harrelson. He insisted that the main generator for Home Base be run on Bio-diesel. He made a huge stink about it. The transportation manager looked all over town for another generator truck set up to run bio, but came up empty. Finally a guy at one of the generator truck rental places went out in the shop and came back with about six bio-diesel decals, winked and said "don't forget to tell your guys, straight diesel". smile

That actress Levin Rambin was an absolute little bitch, Elizabeth Shue was as nice as I hoped she would be, Gerard Butler was OK. The director Curtis Hanson who has a pretty good list of movies was a weird duck, and ultimately had to be replaced mid-shoot, I think he had a breakdown.

One night the CHP working traffic for the shoot waved a drunk driver over and was giving him a sobriety check about 25 yards away from the shoot. Being I was hanging out at the craft-services table getting fat, Hanson was standing next to me and he asked "what is going on over there?" as he nodded at the CHP and drunk.
I said "I think they are going to arrest that guy for DUI".
Hanson said "oh no, that is terrible, I'm going to go see what I can do".
"Huh? That's not a good idea Mr. Hanson".
Well he walks across the street and starts to walk up behind the officer giving the test and his partner spotted him. He pulled out his big flashlight and made a b-line for Hanson. "Don't hit him, he's the director!". The officer stopped and looked at me. "If he's in the hospital we all go home: I said smiling at him.
He changed his tune and just grasped Hanson by the arm and steered him away. A day later Hanson was gone and a new director flown in.
Posted By: g5m Re: Any Actors on the Fire? - 04/01/17
Funny/interesting stories.

When I was in school a movie named "The Explosive Generation" with William Shatner was filmed at our high school. There wasn't much interaction with the movie people except for one pretty class mate who apparently got friendly.

When I was in college Jerry Lewis filmed on campus for a few days. He was filming some exterior shots of "The Nutty Professor".
He was as nice as he could be to the students. He even put on a show for them in the football stadium. I've thought highly of him ever since.

I was impressed in both experiences how much "Hurry up and wait" was going on.
© 24hourcampfire